Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U green enough?

Showing 1 to 20 of 58

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mandoble

1. Posted:

By 2009 Nintendo was scored as the less "green" eletronic company. I guess this was not just only based on the building process but also because the large numbers of wasted batteries issue used by the Wiimotes. Will this change with the WiiU and its new controller or will it become even worse?

Mandoble

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

2. Posted:

The Wii and DS combined have less plastic and are smaller and lighter than the other two consoles.
In nearly 5 years with the Wii, I'm using the same old 8 rechargable batteries for 4 Wiimotes. I never wasted a single battery at all.
Nintendo did't seem so green because at that time the market demanded production of so many units and games, and apparently people throw away their DS plastic game boxes?!

Anyway, what are the actual news on this?

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lan

3. Posted:

Who cares. Freakin' hippies. :P

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

4. Posted:

GuardianAcorn wrote:

Who cares. Freakin' hippies. :P

...says the Acorn. :D

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

5. Posted:

GuardianAcorn wrote:

Who cares. Freakin' hippies. :P

yeah great comment-.-

it is not only about the plastic but all materials and where they come frome. nintendo let their consoles be produced by companies that use materials from the republic of kongo. people and the enviroment are raped their. seriously.
i read about this 2 days after i bought my 3DS though :(

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Malkeor

6. Posted:

Ah darn...I was hoping this was a topic about console colors....

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

AuthorMessage
Avatar

triforceofcourage

7. Posted:

Malkeor wrote:

Ah darn...I was hoping this was a topic about console colors....

lol same.

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thesignpainter

8. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inhfShNQ5A0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-DrBOPPxrA
so yeah just buy rechargeable batteries and everything will be fine.

All the children try to run,
To him its part of the fun.
His branching arms are for collecting,
His face is empty of expressing.
He sometimes hums a lowly drone,
He will wander 'round your home.
Dressed in darkest suit and tie,
He won't let you say goodbye.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blaze

9. Posted:

I was hoping this was on Console Colours too, not that I wanted a green U, yuck!

The Wii U Controller will use rechargable batteries, so it will be more green than te Wii, but not that I care, I'm fine as long as the console is good.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

10. Posted:

Nintendo gets rated low on "green" studies such as Greenpeace's because Nintendo refuses to supply details on its processes etc to these people.

So the groups automatically rate Nintendo lowest on the scale in lieu of accurate information.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Henmii

11. Posted:

Well, if the device shows every game on the television and Wii u controller all the time even if it is not needed (think of new super mario bros mii that you could see on the controller and on the television at the same time), then it will waste a lot of energy!

Henmii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sylverstone

12. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Nintendo gets rated low on "green" studies such as Greenpeace's because Nintendo refuses to supply details on its processes etc to these people.

So the groups automatically rate Nintendo lowest on the scale in lieu of accurate information.

Pretty much this.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sylverstone

13. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Nintendo gets rated low on "green" studies such as Greenpeace's because Nintendo refuses to supply details on its processes etc to these people.

So the groups automatically rate Nintendo lowest on the scale in lieu of accurate information.

Pretty much this.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

14. Posted:

Save the turtles!!

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

John-John

15. Posted:

It's surprising that a company from such a forward thinking society wouldn't strive to be saving the Earth. Why wouldn't they release their information? What do they have to hide? Oh but the inside of some the 3DS cases now have recycled logo, I think. _

John-John

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

16. Posted:

John-John wrote:

It's surprising that a company from such a forward thinking society wouldn't strive to be saving the Earth. Why wouldn't they release their information? What do they have to hide? Oh but the inside of some the 3DS cases now have recycled logo, I think. _

It could be something as simple as anger towards Greenpeace. Because Greenpeace act like a bunch of terrorists when it comes to things like whaling (not that I agree with whaling, but I dislike Greenpeace's militant attitude towards it), many Japanese hate Greenpeace.

If it was another environmental group Nintendo might be more forthcoming. Unless its manufacturing process is especially destructiuve, it can only be a good thing for Nintendo anyway, since their consoles draw less power than their rivals' - so the only reason I can think of that Nintendo might not share information is a dislike for the company requesting it.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pntjr

17. Posted:

Who cares? Hippies.

(Hey, i just noticed that @GuardianAcorn said the same thing!)

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDarkDee

18. Posted:

I want a green wii u... but i mean the color.

"Tell me a story about giant pigs!" -Gir so epic
Join the Fail Forums! Formerly rob1nfly!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

19. Posted:

Yeah, and Nintendo really cares about what some over-obsessed hippies say.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squid

20. Posted:

I like how some people here are complaining about Nintendo's products wasting energy. I mean, I'm sure that there are MANY other things that you do that waste just as much (if not more) energy than video games. ¬_¬

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid