Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Gathering Dust Already....

Showing 81 to 100 of 210

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

81. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

CactusJackson wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

Sorry...what?

What, indeed. I have no idea what there's to question.

Pikmin is a popular gaming franchise for Nintendo, and many people aren't buying the Wii U due to the fact that there aren't a strong lineup of good games or games that they want. What makes you think Pikmin being a launch title wouldn't have shifted any units?

Because it's a franchise in which no one but Nintendo fans have any interest (or often, even know exists). People interested in Pikmin are Nintendo fans who are more than likely going to buy Nintendo's console anyway.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

82. Posted:

I think that's what Nintendo lands for, get the casuals who liked wii sports to play each of the 12 events and whan they see a picture of pikmin (or ny other NL event) on a box, they pick it up hoping it'll be similar to what they played in NL

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

83. Posted:

Pogocoop wrote:

My WiiU is all dusty too, I've been playing it everyday since I got it ( I'm posting this from the browser even) It just seems to atract tons of dust :I

I know, right? :O
I mean, seriously, Nintendo, I've been having to dust it every few days or it begins to overheat.. Or maybe my house is just that dirty...

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

84. Posted:

I've gotta say, I couldn't be happier with my Wii U and the games that came out alongside it. I've been playing the heck out of Nintendoland (NOT just a Wii Sports wannabe, as anybody who has played it for more than 15 minutes knows), NSMBU (getting all coins and challenges), Sonic Racing (WONDERFUL game that I was hesitant about at first, being a "hardcore" gamer and all, lol), Nano Assault Neo, Ninja Gaiden (best version of the game, easily), Zombie U (SCARY), Trine 2 (fun little game)... holy cow! I haven't even gotten around to Assassin's Creed III (wasn't released THAT long ago on other consoles... a month, tops?) or Mighty Switch Force!!

If you couldn't tell, I'm just pumped about this console and I love it to death... and I classify myself as a pretty devout gamer! I'm in my mid twenties, I enjoy my 360 as much as the next guy, I wanted to believe the hype and reject the Wii U, but... I feel like Nintendo is back for those of us who turned our noses up at the Wii as a kid's toy! I was back and forth on getting a Wii U for so long, but I'm glad I took the plunge. It sounds strange, and hopefully I'm surrounded by fellow gamers here when I say this, but the Wii U has kind of reminded me what gaming is about: having FUN. The 360/PS3 era has instilled in us this need to constantly flex our epeens (achievements and trophies), only play FPS games, and lord our "hardcoreness" over anyone who doesn't own a Microsoft or Sony console (bits exaggerated for the sake of argument, I know). Technical specs are everything, and the next Gears, CoD, Halo, or Uncharted is all that matters (not arguing they weren't good games, please take note). Boy, those were dark days for me. I felt like I HAD to play those games just to keep going with the flow, and I got so sick of them. I would go upward of a year without buying a single new game for myself- I just wasn't inspired to game anymore.

The Wii U feels fresh to me. The games are fun, and I find myself actually trying to complete everything in them, even without the carrot of achievements or trophies. On my 360, even if I like a game, I often find myself just racing to beat the darned thing so that it can go away. That's terrible, and I"m glad I'm not feeling like that anymore. And if having Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III on the Wii U only a couple weeks after the 360/PS3/PC is a sign of weak 3rd party support, I do recommend you reevaluate your mental faculties. That just doesn't make sense from a purely factual/statistical standpoint.

Great launch. Great system for anyone who gives it more than a cursory glance and derisive sneer. Lots of dynamic potential in a market dominated by more of the same, same, same.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

85. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

I feel like Nintendo is back for those of us who turned our noses up at the Wii as a kid's toy!

You considered the Wii a kid's toy and ignored all the great games for it, but now consider Nintendo "back" after releasing another NSMB game and Nintendoland? I'm a little confused. Glad to see you are enjoying your new console though.

EDIT: Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but something tells me if we look up your IP address you will be someone already registered here :p

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

86. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I feel like Nintendo is back for those of us who turned our noses up at the Wii as a kid's toy!

You considered the Wii a kid's toy and ignored all the great games for it, but now consider Nintendo "back" after releasing another NSMB game and Nintendoland? I'm a little confused. Glad to see you are enjoying your new console though.

EDIT: Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but something tells me if we look up your IP address you will be someone already registered here :p

Yep, exactly as I said! I don't understand your last bit, though?

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

87. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I feel like Nintendo is back for those of us who turned our noses up at the Wii as a kid's toy!

You considered the Wii a kid's toy and ignored all the great games for it, but now consider Nintendo "back" after releasing another NSMB game and Nintendoland? I'm a little confused. Glad to see you are enjoying your new console though.

EDIT: Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but something tells me if we look up your IP address you will be someone already registered here :p

Yep, exactly as I said! I don't understand your last bit, though?

Sure ya don't. Anyways, so let me get this straight. You got tired of buying hardcore games like ACIII, COD, Ninja Gaiden, etc., but now that they are available on the Wii U they somehow seem fresh and exciting?

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

88. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I feel like Nintendo is back for those of us who turned our noses up at the Wii as a kid's toy!

You considered the Wii a kid's toy and ignored all the great games for it, but now consider Nintendo "back" after releasing another NSMB game and Nintendoland? I'm a little confused. Glad to see you are enjoying your new console though.

EDIT: Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but something tells me if we look up your IP address you will be someone already registered here :p

Yep, exactly as I said! I don't understand your last bit, though?

Sure ya don't. Anyways, so let me get this straight. You got tired of buying hardcore games like ACIII, COD, Ninja Gaiden, etc., but now that they are available on the Wii U they somehow seem fresh and exciting?

...I really don't understand what you meant by "Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but something tells me if we look up your IP address you will be someone already registered here." Why so snarky?

If you want to get into this, then let's do it.

1.) I already have Black Ops II on my PC, runs like a dream. No need to buy for Wii U, so you're attributing something to me that is actually not a title I mentioned buying for this console.
2.) Ninja Gaiden was absolutely terrible on the 360 and PS3. Did you play it on those consoles? I did. It was horrible. So my answer is a resounding YES- it IS "fresh and exciting" on the Wii U!! A thousand times, YES!
3.) Assassin's Creed III, as I also mentioned in my post, is a game I "haven't even gotten to," quoting myself. If you would notice how my list of games preceding AC III, games that I immediately bought and do OWN and PLAY,is Nintendoland, NSMBU, a Sonic kart racer, an indie puzzle game (Trine 2), a twin-stick arcade shooter, and Zombie U. Perhaps the only only hardcore game you could possibly pick out of that list if Zombie U, and even then I'm sure some would disagree. Again, is that list of games that I BOUGHT and OWN somehow not different enough from a typical "hardcore" roster on a 360/PS3 for you? I don't see Darksiders on there. I don't see Blops2. I don't see Arkham City. Forgive my French, but what the flippin' flapjacks are you looking at?

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ToxorAxiom

89. Posted:

If I hadn't transfered my Wii console to the Wii U console I bought, mine would be collecting dust too. Finished ZombiU (very light on single-player content, hardly merits a replay), didn't finish NSMBU (same 'ol, same 'ol... yawn), got tired of frustration in BLOPSII multi-player-- selling that off too. I always end up back at the doorstep of retro gaming, kicking myself for having left it alone in the first place. Now I'm playing NeoGeo games... on the Virtual Console... accessible via Wii... as a channel within the Wii U. A black slate of $400 just sitting there, being used for what I had before to begin with. Figures.

ToxorAxiom

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SparkOfSpirit

90. Posted:

It's almost like it's a newly launched console like every other one ever.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

91. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

I feel like Nintendo is back for those of us who turned our noses up at the Wii as a kid's toy!

You considered the Wii a kid's toy and ignored all the great games for it, but now consider Nintendo "back" after releasing another NSMB game and Nintendoland? I'm a little confused. Glad to see you are enjoying your new console though.

EDIT: Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but something tells me if we look up your IP address you will be someone already registered here :p

Yep, exactly as I said! I don't understand your last bit, though?

Sure ya don't. Anyways, so let me get this straight. You got tired of buying hardcore games like ACIII, COD, Ninja Gaiden, etc., but now that they are available on the Wii U they somehow seem fresh and exciting?

...I really don't understand what you meant by "Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but something tells me if we look up your IP address you will be someone already registered here." Why so snarky?

If you want to get into this, then let's do it.

1.) I already have Black Ops II on my PC, runs like a dream. No need to buy for Wii U, so you're attributing something to me that is actually not a title I mentioned buying for this console.
2.) Ninja Gaiden was absolutely terrible on the 360 and PS3. Did you play it on those consoles? I did. It was horrible. So my answer is a resounding YES- it IS "fresh and exciting" on the Wii U!! A thousand times, YES!
3.) Assassin's Creed III, as I also mentioned in my post, is a game I "haven't even gotten to," quoting myself. If you would notice how my list of games preceding AC III, games that I immediately bought and do OWN and PLAY,is Nintendoland, NSMBU, a Sonic kart racer, an indie puzzle game (Trine 2), a twin-stick arcade shooter, and Zombie U. Perhaps the only only hardcore game you could possibly pick out of that list if Zombie U, and even then I'm sure some would disagree. Again, is that list of games that I BOUGHT and OWN somehow not different enough from a typical "hardcore" roster on a 360/PS3 for you? I don't see Darksiders on there. I don't see Blops2. I don't see Arkham City. Forgive my French, but what the flippin' flapjacks are you looking at?

Sorry for the accusations, it's just a lot of times people make phony accounts to make it look like more people agree with their opinion. In any case, since you missed out on the Wii, you have A LOT of catching up to do, as their were a ton of great games than you can now play on the Wii U. My apologies, and welcome to the site :)

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

92. Posted:

Hokori wrote:

I think that's what Nintendo lands for, get the casuals who liked wii sports to play each of the 12 events and whan they see a picture of pikmin (or ny other NL event) on a box, they pick it up hoping it'll be similar to what they played in NL

If that's the case then...
NEW F-ZERO!!! REJOICE!
Seriously though, that's probably one of the reasons Nintendo did it. To be honest, I couldn't be happier. Brand value is increased (by miniscule amounts, but still increased) and we got what is almost inarguably the best minigame collection ever made.

On another note, it's kind of weird how the Wii U has grown on me. At first I just dismissed it, but now that I have one I've been having a blast. I can easily see the concerns stated by others (very legitimate concerns, I might add), but they don't really apply to me. Still, it really wouldn't hurt for Nintendo to at least give specific launch dates for games within the launch window. There's stuff on the near horizon that I want with Wonderful 101, Warioware and Pikmin 3, and I'd like a release date since they're not far off. There's lots of games my money wants to go to next year, it'd be nice to know how to space my purchasing decisions out.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

93. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Hokori wrote:

I think that's what Nintendo lands for, get the casuals who liked wii sports to play each of the 12 events and whan they see a picture of pikmin (or ny other NL event) on a box, they pick it up hoping it'll be similar to what they played in NL

If that's the case then...
NEW F-ZERO!!! REJOICE!
Seriously though, that's probably one of the reasons Nintendo did it. To be honest, I couldn't be happier. Brand value is increased (by miniscule amounts, but still increased) and we got what is almost inarguably the best minigame collection ever made.

agreed. HD is expensive and Nintendo could use all the free ("free") advertising it can get for Pikmin etc. Part of me misses Wii Sports Resort's ranking system or whatever but I'll admit it was probably the laziest ranking and difficulty related system they could have made. I keep falling for all the Nintendo fanservice. The one-two punch of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story music is almost too much.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shirma_Akayaku

94. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Hokori wrote:

I think that's what Nintendo lands for, get the casuals who liked wii sports to play each of the 12 events and whan they see a picture of pikmin (or ny other NL event) on a box, they pick it up hoping it'll be similar to what they played in NL

If that's the case then...
NEW F-ZERO!!! REJOICE!
Seriously though, that's probably one of the reasons Nintendo did it. To be honest, I couldn't be happier. Brand value is increased (by miniscule amounts, but still increased) and we got what is almost inarguably the best minigame collection ever made.

On another note, it's kind of weird how the Wii U has grown on me. At first I just dismissed it, but now that I have one I've been having a blast. I can easily see the concerns stated by others (very legitimate concerns, I might add), but they don't really apply to me. Still, it really wouldn't hurt for Nintendo to at least give specific launch dates for games within the launch window. There's stuff on the near horizon that I want with Wonderful 101, Warioware and Pikmin 3, and I'd like a release date since they're not far off. There's lots of games my money wants to go to next year, it'd be nice to know how to space my purchasing decisions out.

Frankly, I'm quite disappointed with what Miyamoto said: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/miyamoto_puzzled_as_...

In another piece of news he was saying something about the "Coin Block on Mario's Head" thing and how he didn't like it, but it somehow relates to F-Zero. To me, it's like he doesn't want to create something new, or he wants to stick with what he has (I might go on about this later).

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U) + Wii U GameCube Adapter + Controller
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

95. Posted:

@rallydefault
You don't see Batman, Darksiders, or COD? Those games did come out for Wii U...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

96. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

Yes, I've been following VC news since 2006, so I know about the "hints" of a Wii U VC, and I agree that there will definately be something of a VC eventually, but I need more specifics before I invest in a console.

To be fair the video I linked to had Iwata in a Nintendo Direct with a picture clearly showing that the Wii VC/WiiWare is available but won't work on the GamePad.... followed by a slide which shows "Wii U VC" and a picture of the GamePad without a cross over it. If that's not a big enough "hint" then I don't know what is. I'm not sure what else you really need to know.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shrapmo

97. Posted:

This thread has me in the habit of taking a Swifer to my Wii U everyday, thanks for the OCD guys!!!

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brooks83

98. Posted:

skywake wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Yes, I've been following VC news since 2006, so I know about the "hints" of a Wii U VC, and I agree that there will definately be something of a VC eventually, but I need more specifics before I invest in a console.

To be fair the video I linked to had Iwata in a Nintendo Direct with a picture clearly showing that the Wii VC/WiiWare is available but won't work on the GamePad.... followed by a slide which shows "Wii U VC" and a picture of the GamePad without a cross over it. If that's not a big enough "hint" then I don't know what is. I'm not sure what else you really need to know.

I am 100% sure that a VC will come in some form to Wii U. I'd like to know some details about it though. I don't want to buy the system, and then when the VC hits it is a big dissapointment. And judging by how Nintendo handled the VC the past 2 or 3 years, that could definately happen. Had Nintnedo revealed their plans for the VC earlier I probably would have got one of launch. And at the moment, nothing else about the Wii U interests me enough to spend $350 on it.

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

99. Posted:

@brooks83
I'm not sure what extra details you'd need to know about it. It'll allow you to play an ever expending list of classic games on the Wii U via the GamePad. If it doesn't let you transfer that'd suck but if you want a Wii U VC I'm not sure that would be enough to convince you not to get it.

I think what you actually want is for the service to exist before you get a Wii U. Which is fair enough, it's something that I want to see also. If it was there at launch it would have been a much more compelling purchase. More details though? I'm not sure how that could sway anyone's opinion of it either way.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

100. Posted:

I didn't buy a Wii U 'cause none of the games really interested me all that much, and I seemed to be the only one that thought the launch seemed kinda like the 3DS one. One or two gems in there but nothing worth buying a new console over.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332