Forums

Topic: Wii U Gathering Dust Already....

Posts 161 to 180 of 202

Ryno

WaveBoy wrote:

RynoGreySkull
lol I'm sure Little Inferno will get stale after 20 minutes or so, unless you're a professional pee wee herman Pyromaniac. "[ But really, i don't think i'll ever give Gaiden III a chance. 2D Gaiden is more my thangy'. Anyways, so how's that Nintendo Land and have you finished ZombiU? I actually got 2 Zombi U's for christmas. lol Going to exchange one for maybe Tekken Tag 2 or put the money towards a 3DS XL. I still haven't opened my Wii U as i'm trieing to finish up a couple of games i'm currently munchin on, ahem the severely overrated Rayman Origins and NiGhTs: Journey into dreams.

Wava Popinski: When are you going to open that Wii U of yours? I haven't got around to Zombi U yet and that is funny you got Zombi U x2. I spent the majority of December finishing up Skyward Sword. Only took me 50+ hours and I normally do not spend anywhere near that long with a single game though I imagine would for Amagon to say I beat it. Anyway, so now I am playing Razor's Edge solo, Mario with the wife, and an occasional sprinkle of NintendoLand. I will fire up Zombi U after I finish up with Ryu.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Matti

Well, my Wii U certainly hasn't "gathered dust". I have six games so far, which is very good for a launch. Didn't have so many good games to buy when the Wii launched, I only got Wii Sports and Zelda back then and had to wait months for interesting games to come out. N64 and GC were even worse.
Wii U is a great console and if you seriously can't find anything new to play on it (it even has a full backwards-compatibility with Wii too PLUS VC and WiiWare) then you should probably sell it and stop complaining. Or use it to browse the net, watch Netflix/Tvii or post some doodles on Miiverse. Gaming isn't the only thing U can do, you know?

eShop releases seem to be very slow now but it will surely get better in the future - it has only been about two months since WiiU came out. But at least we have the full eShop running already - 3DS had nothing when it launched. All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase and I think that Wii U launch is the strongest Nintendo ever had - so many good games out already and plenty more to come in the near future.

Some random Finnish gamer

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2684-3636 | Nintendo Network ID: mrkuribo

Schprocket

CactusJackson wrote:

Schprocket wrote:

Just make sure you read stuff written and lived by people outside of the US then otherwise your sense of superior well-roundedness will be quite flat...

I don't know how or why history professors would be biased. But to answer question, yes, I read about many different perspectives when it comes to studying history.

History until recently is commissioned to be recorded by the victor and in some Stalinist states is still like this.
It's generally taken as fact by many learned scholars and dispensed to the masses as such until somebody gets off their intellectual arse and challenges the records - remember that the flat Earth being the center of the universe theory was supported by the majority learned people for quite some time?

However for our discussion, it would appear we're on the same team

I would argue that a university degree isn't required in order to see the world beyond the two-dimensions that consumer-information paints... but you do need to use your grey matter and care a little...

@Kuribo - again another story and sentiment similar to mine except I was Sonying for the N64 and GC (although I did get the latter on a whim along with a GBA and GBA-GC connector for Animal Crossing).

Edited on by Schprocket

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

SteveW

RJB wrote:

Please! don't get me wrong guys, I really do like the Wii U itself, but I truly think the best thing about the console at the moment is "potential" my concern is simply that I worry how long Nintendo may take in getting some true system seller games out for the console, because for me at launch there aren't any.

@LavaTwilight
Believe me, I have really looked hard to see if there are any other games worth picking up for the Wii U, (I also own Nintendo Land, only because it was bundled with the console) but I've just not seen anything worth getting, games like Batman & Mass Effect 3 I already played a year ago.

The only games I know that are coming that I'm interested in are Rayman Legends & Bayonetta 2 (God knows when that will see the light of day?), other than that there's nothing that's been announced "yet" to get me excited, oh, Lego City: Undercover is also a possibility.

I really do want the Wii U to do well, and I know Nintendo usually come good in the end, but I just wish there was more to do on the Wii U at launch, but at the moment I've already gone back to my other consoles (including the Wii).

Maybe give some other games a chance? I've showed several people Dangerous Hunts 2013 (which is a survival game, not hunting) and Tank! Tank! Tank! and they loved them, they previously assumed that they sucked. People trust revievs way too much, I'd take either of those games over Batman Arkham City any day... Skylanders Giants is another perfect example of a great game that people are afraid to try because they assume it's just a kids game, I've put over 40 hours into it, it's the best Wii U game hands down!

SteveW

CanisWolfred

Skylander's problem is that it's expensive and an obvious cash grab. Why do I need to buy $20 toys to play a video game?

RunningWolf wrote:

Here this may help:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uNueHuP8L.AA160.jpg

A brethren!!!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LEGEND_MARIOID

Well I've poured an enormous amount of hours into several games. I'm very happy at the moment.

"They say video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll."

SteveW

CanisWolfred wrote:

Skylander's problem is that it's expensive and an obvious cash grab. Why do I need to buy $20 toys to play a video game?

RunningWolf wrote:

Here this may help:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uNueHuP8L.AA160.jpg

A brethren!!!

I understand, yes it can be expensive but it doesn't have to be. You don't have to buy anything else for the game and you will still have as much content as any othe game, they extra characters and stuff is like DLC for those who want it. For example... it's sort of like claiming that Skyrim is expensive because of the extra content that you can purchase....

For me it's a bargin, sure I spent a couple hundred dollars on characters and stuff but by the time Skylanders 3 comes out I will have put 150+ hours into Giants which is more than I can say for most games that I spent 5 or 10 hours completeing and then never touch again.

SteveW

Snagrio

My Wii U would be gathering dust as well, if only I had one yet...

But it would make sense in my situation since the game room is shared with my three birds, and they create a LOT of dander, one in particular. It only takes a couple days after I've dusted until a new film appears on the TV and whatnot.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

swordx

My Wii U is gathering dust, but it's not because I'm not playing it!

I can't stop playing my Wii U. Between Trine 2 and Nintendo Land, it's non-stop fun!!! Now if only I could get my hands on Mario U...

swordx

pntjr

FarukoSH wrote:

Another thing (besides launch games sucking) its that console MIGHT get a price cut between 6-12 months after release.

I seriously doubt this will happen again, mainly because Nintendo already said they were selling the Wii U at a loss. Also Nintendo said that they are not having a price drop like the 3DS did anytime soon.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter:

King_Boo

Just as my Wii was used as a Gamecube a lot, currently my Wii U is nothing more than an HD Wii. But that's mainly because I'm making videos for my youtube channel and I keep getting called in early for work.

Full name King Boo the Nefarious
3DS FC: 5241-1931-6226
PSN: King_Boo922
Nintendo Network ID: KingBoo
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922

kkslider5552000

pntjr wrote:

FarukoSH wrote:

Another thing (besides launch games sucking) its that console MIGHT get a price cut between 6-12 months after release.

I seriously doubt this will happen again, mainly because Nintendo already said they were selling the Wii U at a loss. Also Nintendo said that they are not having a price drop like the 3DS did anytime soon.

and also because Wii U's launch hasn't been a joke.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Pichuka97

kkslider5552000 wrote:

pntjr wrote:

FarukoSH wrote:

Also because there is always that shred of hope that Scott Pilgrim will come to the eShop.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

kkslider5552000

Pichuka97 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

pntjr wrote:

FarukoSH wrote:

Also because there is always that shred of hope that Scott Pilgrim will come to the eShop.

...um...

I don't...um...

sigh

Chrono_Cross

Scott Pilgrim's mediocrity can stay away from the eShop.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

TysonOfTime

CactusJackson wrote:

I... agree completely. I played it, wanted to like it... but...
No.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

CanisWolfred

CactusJackson wrote:

What's mediocre about Scott Pilgrim? Unless you just don't like Beat 'em ups and have no one to play it with. But even then, I wouldn't call it mediocre, I'd just say it's not for you. It's a great game all around. It's just, well, in a kind of Niche genre.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

Scott Pilgrim wasn't very special. It had nothing going for it other than being a generic beat 'em up. The art style is awful and didn't provide an excuse to continue playing. The difficulty was also nothing short of annoying.

The multiplayer did little justice for it, either. Even if it was online with some sort of free DLC, this game would still be drab. Hopefully no one has to waste their money on it ever again. (It's a funny note knowing I got it for free off PSN. lol)

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

The art style is from the comic. I know everyone's tastes are different, but it's not like they had a choice.

You still haven't explained how it's average. I'd like you to go in-depth, please. And it's only difficult if you play alone. It's a piece of cake with friends.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

if you played a retro styled beat-em-up by yourself, you're doing it wrong by default

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.