Forums

Topic: Wii U Gathering Dust Already....

Posts 141 to 160 of 202

nobyer

nope, just mad ar zombiu point of no return requiring you slog through the game to find an item and guess which of the two options you should use it on.

nobyer

ClassicJetterz

Really? With Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, Mighty Switch Force HD, Nano Assault Neo, Trine 2, and Little Inferno all incomplete, I must say I have my hands busy with what I have.

And with all the games coming out in just this financial quarter, I'll be even more overwhelmed by the end of March.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

skywake

History is written by the victorious. Anyway, ideology is the fire but greed is always a big motivator. Hitler like most others had "god" on his side (it was written on their uniforms) but in the end it was about territory. Even more true with the Japanese at the time, their Emperor was basically a god but it was about land and power. A different story with the post-enlightenment revolutions and the stuff that is happening in the Middle East right now. Religion plays a part but it's mostly about overthrowing the order in the name of freedom and democracy..... often followed by the installation of a new theocracy....

WaveBoy wrote:

Like the bible.
Or more importantly, the glowing near perfect reviews of Rayman Origins.

Blasphemy! Rayman Origins was awesome

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Shrapmo

How the heck did you guys end up talking about humanity? Aren't we supposed to be talking about dust or something?

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

kkslider5552000

skywake wrote:

History is written by the victorious. Anyway, ideology is the fire but greed is always a big motivator. Hitler

ok we've pulled a Godwin's Law, by default this off topic nonsense is over. Back to thread people.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MAB

Shrapmo wrote:

How the heck did you guys end up talking about humanity? Aren't we supposed to be talking about dust or something?

One day we will all be dust

Judging by how many Mii's are in my warra warra plaza and 4000 people playing BLOPS2 I guess there is alot of non dusty WiiU being used out there

MAB

Hokori

WiiU gathers dust because it has zero games, the GG sold more, and what not

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

MAB

Nothing but a plaza full of aimless souls... Not doing much at all... Just like real life

MAB

skywake

kkslider5552000 wrote:

skywake wrote:

History is written by the victorious. Anyway, ideology is the fire but greed is always a big motivator. Hitler

ok we've pulled a Godwin's Law, by default this off topic nonsense is over. Back to thread people.

You're misusing Godwin's Law. The discussion was about whether or not conflict is motivated by ideology (religion, politics etc) or greed (power, land etc). All I said was that normally the latter is the main goal even though both happen at once.... and listed examples.

Godwin's Law is invoked when someone says "that's just like what Hitler did" or similar. It's not a censorship of any discussion on the subject it's a way to stop people making one of the most common logical fallacies. If it was as you think it is all discussions about WW2 would be a game of chicken with the loser being the first one to acknowledge the elephant in the room rather than the one with the best argument.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Schprocket

I like yellow Suzuki Swifts.

I like meaty debates about humanity and it's issues too but neither are relevant in this thread... are they?

You did lose me at chickens arguing with elephants, though, Sky....

Edited on by Schprocket

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

Schprocket

Hokori wrote:

WiiU gathers dust because it has zero games, the GG sold more, and what not

I love these alternative reality posts... reminds me of Dr Who when Rose got stuck on the other Earth and the Dr couldn't get her back....

Schprocket

CactusJackson wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

The problem with history books are they only skim the surface and most of the time never delve deeper into the actual psychology of the people behind it as we're not born greedy or religious but learn or have it thrust upon us later on. It's all in the mindset. Don't believe everything you read

I'd rather take the word of professionals with years of research, interviews and in depth analysis worked into their textbooks than a quirky user named MadAussieBloke on a video game forum.

Just make sure you read stuff written and lived by people outside of the US then otherwise your sense of superior well-roundedness will be quite flat...
DANG! I got sucked into the OT whirlpool, didn't I ?

Edited on by Schprocket

FarukoSH

I cant remember a console that didnt gather dust at launch that wasnt the SNES or the NES... God, launch games SUCKS, thats why i dont get consoles at launch anymore (the last one, Xbox 360 and that one has the WORST launch games of all times imo, that one gather dust untill GoW launched and that was 1 year after the console launch) ill wait 4 months or so to get my WiiU and when the PS4/720 launch, ill wait between 6-12 months.

Another thing (besides launch games sucking) its that console MIGHT get a price cut between 6-12 months after release.

3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473 // Games: RE: Revelations, MK7, Kid Icarus: U, MGS3D, SM3DLand, EO4, Donkey Kong CR3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, Castlevania: LoS MoF, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Monster Hunter 3U and Pokemon Y
Steam: Farukool
PM me if you add

3DS Friend Code: 4640-0256-4473

Cstanner17

Don't worry man. Electronics tend to gather dust as they just sit in one spot for a long time. It's nothing out of the ordinary. (As if playing games on it repels the dust, lol)

I actually still have the plastic strips all over my Wii U.

Just dust it off and you should be good to go!

Cstanner17

Chrono_Cross

Schprocket wrote:

Just make sure you read stuff written and lived by people outside of the US then otherwise your sense of superior well-roundedness will be quite flat...

I don't know how or why history professors would be biased. But to answer question, yes, I read about many different perspectives when it comes to studying history.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Svengoolie

I really don't get why there haven't been any updates to the eshop. It scares me. Imagine if there were no updates to the Virtual Console in the first month and a half of the Wii's launch. There should be new games available. It makes me feel like there really is no 3rd party support.

Svengoolie

CanisWolfred

Probably because most of the digital developers got on late. There are 13 eShop games slated for this year already, but the earliest won't be here until February, IIRC. If we get more, that'd be great, but as it stands, we'll probably only get one or two new games a month.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RunningWolf

Here this may help:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uNueHuP8L.AA160.jpg

Currently Playing:
XBOX 360: Resident Evil 6
PC: Team Fortress 2
Wii: Resident Evil 4
3DSXL: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

3DS Friend Code: 1332-9105-0038

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.