Forums

Topic: Wii U Gathering Dust Already....

Posts 101 to 120 of 202

brooks83

skywake wrote:

More details though? I'm not sure how that could sway anyone's opinion of it either way.

Well to the average person probably not, but the VC was my favorite thing about the Wii. Seriously though, had they said before launch something like "all current VC games will be available for download and playable on the Gamepad. If you already purchased the game on the Wii VC, you can redownload for free with all new features" I would have been in line to pick up a Wii U at launch. Even if I had to wait a while for the VC to show up.

brooks83

Schprocket

rallydefault wrote:

I've gotta say, I couldn't be happier with my Wii U and the games that came out alongside it. I've been playing the heck out of Nintendoland (NOT just a Wii Sports wannabe, as anybody who has played it for more than 15 minutes knows), NSMBU (getting all coins and challenges), Sonic Racing (WONDERFUL game that I was hesitant about at first, being a "hardcore" gamer and all, lol), Nano Assault Neo, Ninja Gaiden (best version of the game, easily), Zombie U (SCARY), Trine 2 (fun little game)... holy cow! I haven't even gotten around to Assassin's Creed III (wasn't released THAT long ago on other consoles... a month, tops?) or Mighty Switch Force!!

If you couldn't tell, I'm just pumped about this console and I love it to death... and I classify myself as a pretty devout gamer! I'm in my mid twenties, I enjoy my 360 as much as the next guy, I wanted to believe the hype and reject the Wii U, but... I feel like Nintendo is back for those of us who turned our noses up at the Wii as a kid's toy! I was back and forth on getting a Wii U for so long, but I'm glad I took the plunge. It sounds strange, and hopefully I'm surrounded by fellow gamers here when I say this, but the Wii U has kind of reminded me what gaming is about: having FUN. The 360/PS3 era has instilled in us this need to constantly flex our epeens (achievements and trophies), only play FPS games, and lord our "hardcoreness" over anyone who doesn't own a Microsoft or Sony console (bits exaggerated for the sake of argument, I know). Technical specs are everything, and the next Gears, CoD, Halo, or Uncharted is all that matters (not arguing they weren't good games, please take note). Boy, those were dark days for me. I felt like I HAD to play those games just to keep going with the flow, and I got so sick of them. I would go upward of a year without buying a single new game for myself- I just wasn't inspired to game anymore.

The Wii U feels fresh to me. The games are fun, and I find myself actually trying to complete everything in them, even without the carrot of achievements or trophies. On my 360, even if I like a game, I often find myself just racing to beat the darned thing so that it can go away. That's terrible, and I"m glad I'm not feeling like that anymore. And if having Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III on the Wii U only a couple weeks after the 360/PS3/PC is a sign of weak 3rd party support, I do recommend you reevaluate your mental faculties. That just doesn't make sense from a purely factual/statistical standpoint.

Great launch. Great system for anyone who gives it more than a cursory glance and derisive sneer. Lots of dynamic potential in a market dominated by more of the same, same, same.

In another thread the question was raised regarding respect for other's opinions.

This is an example of positive opinion worth respecting as are those not so positive, like ToxorAxiom's (sorry mate, I can't figure out how to multiquote on the android tablet else yours would be here too) because they are based, albeit subjectively, on the personal experience of the individual snd backed up with the facts and the feelings of the individual.

Other members I've criticised for lack of substantive support for their negative sweeping generalisations would do well to take note of these examples.

These opinions are extremely helpful because there's no right or wrong, there's only expressions of personalities which may assist similar minded personalities in their decision-making process.
After all, you should leave the pissing contests to the troll-kiddies and Nippon-phobes, which the 360 often gets maligned for.

I quoted rallydefault because he articulated my leanings however this doesn't invalidate Toxor's because he succinctly described his personal gaming approach (as did the OP) and it's quite easy to understand his particular reasoning.

Articulate your feelings with evidence and agree to disagree

Edited on by Schprocket

Switch Friend Code: SW-5050-7443-2444

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1852-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Schprocket

castlezelda

For goodness sakes RBJ, the Wii U been out for 1 month and your complaining already, if you don't like BigN's new product just don't play it, simple as that, go to your ps3 & xbox. There's at least 20 games so far for Wii U and 4 eShop games and you still careless. Give it time man, your like a kid "no, this is yucky so i not playing with it, i'll show that toy" Every system has pros & cons, but give it time.

I had a ps1 and a ps3, hated them, i dont care for microsoft either but hey to each there own.

Edited on by castlezelda

castlezelda

Chrono_Cross

castlezelda wrote:

I had a ps1 and a ps3, hated them, i dont care for microsoft either but hey to each there own.

Every time I read a comment on this site that ends with something similar to this, I die a little on the inside.

As if we needed to know any of that.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Hokori

I had a PSOne and PS2 and loved them both

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

SonyFACE

I have only one thing to say RBJ: your loss.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

ToxorAxiom

I also wanna add that I do understand how young this console is-- almost six weeks now, which is too soon to judge a software lineup, and with many a patch that will be required in future to help load times, alleviate system crashes and/or freezing, work out bugs, etc. And I also admit that this is the first time in my life where I full-out chanced a console on launch. (I didn't buy a Wii until it had SMG and RE4 within a year, two of my all-time favorite games that I say are masterpieces of their respective genres.)

My feeling is more aimed toward the general laziness of software development, with the big N being a surprising offender with nostalgic retreads like the NSMB series. Coming from a long-time Nintendo supporter, I'm as disappointed in their software development as I am impressed with their hardware development in 2012. To illustrate, I've typed all this out on the GamePad. The internet browser on this thing is genuinely kick-ass! And I could start a whole new post on how impressive the community-based Miiverse is, which, I believe, is gonna give some serious competition to Sony and Microsoft in the coming years. But I'd sooner take Galaxy 3 than yet another "New" SMB. Reason being that the child-like sense of awe and wonder I've had in those classic Mario games, like SMB3 and SMW, is there in the Galaxy series (especially the sequel-- go figure). Yet in the New series it has always been lacking at best (NSMBW), or turns to bitterness at worst (NSMB2). And that disillusioned me this year, even more so than the still-felt "Doritosgate" journalism scandal.

Edited on by ToxorAxiom

ToxorAxiom

kkslider5552000

play some Kid Icarus:Uprising to feel better about creativity (or wait for Wonderful 101, I dunno)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

play some Kid Icarus:Uprising to feel better about creativity (or wait for Wonderful 101, I dunno)

Kid Icarus: Uprising is about as creative as a hole in the head.

Just for you.

Joeynator3000

...Yeah mine is kinda just...sitting there too...they keep delaying the games I'm looking forward too...Seriously, Rayman Legends was SUPPOSED to be out on December 8th, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! >_>
Wonderful 101 we have heard nothing about since the second trailer, Pikmin 3 I'm fine with the small delay, its Miyamoto, lol.
And Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, well...been waiting for over a year for this.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CliffordB

@castlezelda
&
@SonyFACE

Your both getting me wrong here, I will say once again that I'm a lifelong Nintendo fan, owned every Nintendo console since the first! (NES), so I'm not in any way knocking the Wii U itself, I really like the actual console, the problem or should I say disappointment I have is simply that I would have liked to have seen one or two big Nintendo games at launch, as I have also said I'm sure these will come along in good time, but for me personally at this time other than the basic/standard NSMBU there's not a lot pulling back to the Wii U at the moment, Nintendo Land is ok but not something I will want to play that much, only now and again.

I'm sure once better games do finally come along then I'll be back on my Wii U all the time, so just for the record I do not in any way regret my purchase of the Wii U, I just wish there were one or two more games out at launch to get me a bit more excited, sadly this is not the case for me.

@ Anyone?
Some of you have mentioned Trine 2, I have looked at this game but I'm not sure about it, can any of you tell me exactly what type of game it is, does it compare to any other game etc.? what are the pro's & con's of Trine 2? Thank You!

CliffordB

Chrono_Cross

WaveBoy wrote:

How dare you take a jab at my angelic & precious Pit.
You know what? Solid Snake aint' so Solid. Word. Thee'end. Durp!

You broke my heart!

Just for you.

kyuubikid213

It's been out for a little over a month... The Wii's been around for years. Of course there's more to do on the Wii now. The Wii U will be able to pull forward because of the games that will come out. It's not the only system that's been pretty much sold on future potential. The PS3 wasn't doing so hot at the beginning of it's lifetime. Few games and a $600 price tag? But now look at it.

Just give it time. If in a couple years once the PS4 and 720 come out and have their libraries, you can say it may not do as well if it can't keep up and I'll be behind you, but for now, let the system pick up steam...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

rallydefault

OP: I just beat Trine 2's main storyline, and now I'm into the expansion material.

Overall, I liked it a lot. The graphics are beautiful, but graphics hardly make a game for me. The physics, as someone said, are indeed "floaty," but it's not meant to be an action platformer- more of a puzzle game with small bits of swinging your sword from time to time, so the physics didn't bother me. At certain points, the game did drag for me as I'm not the most die-hard puzzle fan. I love games like Portal, but I have to take breaks every now and then and switch to something with a bit more action. Some rooms will provide a very real challenge, while others are just "move along" bits. There was more than one time that I used my characters' skills (especially the wizard) in very creative ways to beat a puzzle, and felt extremely proud.

Bottom line- do NOT get Trine 2 if you want some sort of side-scrolling dungeon crawl or any sort of action game. It's not that. Definitely do get Trine 2 if you love puzzle games.

rallydefault

Sean_Aaron

As a single-player game I wouldn't have bothered with Trine 2 because of the heavy platforming emphasis, however my daughter really enjoys it and I have to say the multiplayer aspect is fun, though you'd better have some patience! They're adding voice support for online multiplayer (I cannot see how you'd be able to play online otherwise given communication is a must to negotiate some of the areas) so that should make that more palatable. It is a beautiful game I will admit.

I was looking forward to the Avengers game, but sadly it's just a tag-team fighter rather than a mission-based beat 'em up like Ultimate Alliance was, so that's a pass for me. I'm focused on download-only titles until Batman shows up for download. Warriors Orochi is definitely a buy for me and otherwise I'm awaiting Wii Fit U and Pikmin 3. Yes it seems slow-going, but that just means I'm actually giving my games time rather than scartching the surface before trying another one, so I'm okay with that.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

CliffordB

Thanks! for the feedback on Trine 2 guys, very much appreciated, I'll give it some more thought, but must admit I was hoping it was more about action gameplay than puzzle solving.

CliffordB

Sean_Aaron

RJB wrote:

Thanks! for the feedback on Trine 2 guys, very much appreciated, I'll give it some more thought, but must admit I was hoping it was more about action gameplay than puzzle solving.

There's action in the form of jumping and occasional fighting, but it's pretty much down to figuring out how to get to the next platform or open a door to continue on your journey from left-to-right. I cannot imagine it would be much fun as a single player game since most of the levels need two characters. I guess it could be like a Lego game in using AI for that, but I haven't tried it.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Shrapmo

I also am gathering dust, because moving is hard.

Here is a new petition to get Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengence on the Wii U!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-platinum-games-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-for-the-nintendo-wii-u

Knux

RJB wrote:

First of all, I should just say that I've owned every Nintendo console since the NES and I'm a Nintendo fan, this is why I was always going to buy the Wii U.

However I'm no fanboy and I'm also lucky enough to own both a PS3 & Xbox 360.

Now, as I own these other consoles the only game I wanted on Wii U at launch was NSMBU, which is solid enough but nothing we've not all seen before (just now in HD).

So my point is already I'm questioning the total lack of games & features on the Wii U, even going back to the Wii it feels like there's far more to do and far more channels to look at than on the Wii U, this surely can't be right?

I really feel more than ever now that the Wii U has been really rushed out the door by Nintendo, there's just a total lack of content and things to do on the Wii U, I'm not daft I know in time things will improve and we will start to see some quality games released that's why I went ahead and picked the Wii U up at launch, but, I have to honest and say it really worries me that Nintendo are going to take to long getting anything worthwhile released, the console already seems to be struggling to sell in the UK and with the next MS & Sony console's surely now not far away I do have real concerns for the future of the Wii U.

I just hope Nintendo have some surprises up their sleeves, otherwise I think the Wii U will really struggle.

So am I worrying about nothing here, or do more of you have similar concerns????

You should have done like me and waited a year or two before even thinking about buying a Wii U. Why? Because the console isn't going to honestly be worth buying until then because it's library and features will not be decent enough until that point in time.

Source? Common sense and this has happened many times to previous consoles.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Hokori

^source different tastes, honestly for me NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2, Nintendo Land, and wonderful 101 are enough for me for now

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.