Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Games $49.99 USD?

Showing 101 to 120 of 122

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

101. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Gamerman501 wrote:

i hope the wii U will be priced at about 130$ at launch day.

[/div]

Untitled

Haha!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

skywake

102. Posted:

Wheels2050 wrote:

skywake wrote:

BigW isn't losing money with Max Payne 3 (random game) at $74

I don't know for certain, but I've been told many times that the big department stores (Big W and Kmart - I don't think Target sells new games that cheaply) ARE actually losing money at that price. However, being such large stores, they use them as loss leaders in the hope that people will buy extra stuff from them on which they do make a profit.

I go by the theory that if they don't try to push extra stuffs at me at the point of sale that they are making money on it. When you buy a laptop or a TV at JB or even the BigWs they'll be all "what about a screen protector" or "what about an extended warranty" and so on. Walk upto a counter with a game and they'll say "oh, Tatsunoku vs Capcom? that looks interesting", get the disk, say "have a nice day" and send you on your way.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Gamerman501

103. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

Gamerman501 wrote:

[/div]

Untitled

ummmm..... wat?

you need help with your game? check my channel! it's full of tips, tricks and easter eggs! http://www.youtube.com/user/Gamerman501?feature=mhee

3DS friend code: 5455-9415-6930

AuthorMessage

skywake

104. Posted:

I opened this thread again and saw $130 and thought "oh god I hope not..... oh, the console not the games".

Currently EB Games AU has a list of Wii U games and the price on all of them is $108. Ouch. I hope that's not true.

AuthorMessage

FOREST_RANGER

105. Posted:

I don't fully understand how console manufacturers make money, and I'm not an economist, but could retail games be a bit cheaper if the Wii U was priced to make profits? As far as I know, Sony's selling their PS3 at a loss and charges $60 per game on average, and Microsoft initially sold the 360 at a loss. The Wii, on the other hand, sold at the "right price" and made profits shortly after, and its common games price was $50. My little hypothesis is that the other two charged more to offset the losses of their consoles.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage

iphys

106. Posted:

On Bestbuy.ca they just put up a bunch of Wii U games, and they're almost all listed as $60 except Pikmin 3 is one of the few exceptions at $50. It could be they're just covering themselves and don't have a clue about the real MSRP, because I know last year they listed Skyward Sword at $60 before bringing it down to $50 eventually.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

skywake

107. Posted:

@bobbiKat
The PS3 and 360 haven't been selling at a loss for quite a few years and the 3DS is, or at least was last I heard, now selling at a loss after the price drop. So that argument doesn't hold up too well. Price has more to do with covering distribution/development costs and that silly graph thingo earlier only has $12US going to the console maker....... which I think is probably more-or-less the same across the consoles.

AuthorMessage

pntjr

108. Posted:

$50 or I'm not buying.

3DS: 4596-9579-9606
The BackLoggery of Zelda!
Wii: 5236-6857-3124-9818
PSN: pntjr

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9579-9606 | Nintendo Network ID: pntjrx | Twitter: pntjrx

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

109. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

$50 or I'm not buying.

I dare say you won't be buying then. Development costs are going to be far higher than they were for the Wii, and so I can't see them going with a $50 price point.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Candido0411

110. Posted:

I assume that all third party games like Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3, and etc are gonna be priced at $60 but are Nintendo first party games going to be priced at $50 still or are they gonna start selling them at the standard $60 now?

Candido0411

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

111. Posted:

We lucky Brits are going to pay £50 a game.
Well that's what game has listed anyway.

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

iphys

112. Posted:

I know I shouldn't be dissuaded by $60, as I paid more than that for a lot of NES games back in the day. The thing is, my most-played games on the Wii were WiiWare, so it really makes me question buying retail releases when I know that $60 can buy me far more games and enjoyment if I use it for downloadable games instead. I already know I want Runner 2, but I'm not 100% sure I want any of the retail releases for Wii U.

AuthorMessage

Torchwood

113. Posted:

Gamestop has WiiU games available for preorder... for $99.99! I'm not sure what their reasoning behind this is...
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

114. Posted:

JuLeDoS wrote:

Gamestop has WiiU games available for preorder... for $99.99! I'm not sure what their reasoning behind this is...
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u

Whoa... I think that's a mistake.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

Knux

115. Posted:

Or you can just buy the games used if a Wii U game's price point is too high for you. To me, $50 is reasonable.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

iphys

116. Posted:

The retailers must still have no idea of the MSRP if Gamestop is listing the games for $100. I noticed Bestbuy.ca went and raised the few Wii U titles they had at $50 to $60, and I really doubt $60 will be the lowest price point for the least stellar games: even PS3 has games that release for less than that. If they haven't set a price for the Wii U yet, then they may not have decided the price point for the games either.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

117. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Gamerman501 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Untitled

[/div]

Haha!

Thank you for that. I spent way too long on this for it being as simple as it is. :P

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

KingMike

118. Posted:

Maybe it was mentioned somewhere (sorry, I only now noticed the discussion), but, at least according to Wikipedia, Australia has about 1/15 the population of the US.
Could prices be higher because there's fewer potential customers to (theoretically) split the cost?

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Bankai

119. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

Maybe it was mentioned somewhere (sorry, I only now noticed the discussion), but, at least according to Wikipedia, Australia has about 1/15 the population of the US.
Could prices be higher because there's fewer potential customers to (theoretically) split the cost?

That + the huge size of Australia and the greatly dispersed population. That is one of the reasons, yes.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Portista

120. Posted:

Here's how expensive they'll be http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii2/wii_u_game_prices1#re...

Monster Hunter for the win!!!!! Check out my music album at https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fifteen-ep/id589290511