Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Freeze

Showing 1 to 18 of 18

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cornishlee

1. Posted:

Well, it finally happened. A matter of time I guess. Crawling down a wall in Darksiders 2 and then, suddenly, none of the buttons on the gamepad do anything: even the "home" button. Is that the same issue others have had?

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

2. Posted:

Yes, you are not the first

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cornishlee

3. Posted:

I heard of the issues but not what games it was happening on. Now I know one of them!

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

4. Posted:

Welcome to the madworld of modern gaming and technology my friend... Watch as it all goes downhill from here on out ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CoffeeWithGames

5. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Welcome to the madworld of modern gaming and technology my friend... Watch as it all goes downhill from here on out ;)

Except, the Wii U isn't really "modern" when this happens, because the only solution right now is to unplug the console. Can't wait to see if lawyers jump on Nintendo for false advertising as stated in the operations manual, fortunately I was an early buyer so I guess this makes me part of the "class" in the "action" part?

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter: CoffeeWithGames

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BadKitty

6. Posted:

It's frozen? D: well try heating it up.

Edited on by BadKitty

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You're probly the best person I've battled on Nlife so far u_u

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter: Emeralds110

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sergious

7. Posted:

what we shell do for this freezing ? it still freezing till today there is no update for the system ? reply plz

sergious

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cornishlee

8. Posted:

No update yet, no. I'd be interested to know what games it's happening with besides Darksiders 2 and whether that list includes any Nintendo first party games.

Please sign the petition to get Hitman on the Wii U: https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-enix-ltd-release-hitman-absolution-and-hitman-hd-trilogy-on-the-wii-u

Nintendo Network ID: cornishlee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

9. Posted:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

Except, the Wii U isn't really "modern" when this happens, because the only solution right now is to unplug the console. Can't wait to see if lawyers jump on Nintendo for false advertising as stated in the operations manual, fortunately I was an early buyer so I guess this makes me part of the "class" in the "action" part?

There won't be a lawsuit. Modern technology can freeze, crash, whatever. Especially a relatively new system. That's why it's update-able. You can't expect something so complex to be perfect 100% of the time.

Edited on by willobee

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

10. Posted:

...And this is why I don't regret waiting on buying a Wii U. ;)

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CoffeeWithGames

11. Posted:

willobee wrote:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

Except, the Wii U isn't really "modern" when this happens, because the only solution right now is to unplug the console. Can't wait to see if lawyers jump on Nintendo for false advertising as stated in the operations manual, fortunately I was an early buyer so I guess this makes me part of the "class" in the "action" part?

What false advertising? Nintendo never said the system will never ever freeze in it's advertisements. Modern technology can freeze, crash, whatever. Especially a relatively new system. That's why it's update-able. You can't expect something so complex to be perfect 100% of the time.

Except when the operations manual says the console does something, and it does not do that something. Which is what my first comment stated, "see if lawyers jump on Nintendo for false advertising as stated in the operations manual". If it's update-able, Nintendo has failed to update it to do as the operations manual states and tells consumers to do when the console freezes.

This is actually something every "modern" electronics device I am aware of does, except the Wii U, and it hasn't been updated to function properly.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter: CoffeeWithGames

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

12. Posted:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

willobee wrote:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

Except, the Wii U isn't really "modern" when this happens, because the only solution right now is to unplug the console. Can't wait to see if lawyers jump on Nintendo for false advertising as stated in the operations manual, fortunately I was an early buyer so I guess this makes me part of the "class" in the "action" part?

What false advertising? Nintendo never said the system will never ever freeze in it's advertisements. Modern technology can freeze, crash, whatever. Especially a relatively new system. That's why it's update-able. You can't expect something so complex to be perfect 100% of the time.

Except when the operations manual says the console does something, and it does not do that something. Which is what my first comment stated, "see if lawyers jump on Nintendo for false advertising as stated in the operations manual". If it's update-able, Nintendo has failed to update it to do as the operations manual states and tells consumers to do when the console freezes.

This is actually something every "modern" electronics device I am aware of does, except the Wii U, and it hasn't been updated to function properly.

...Dude or ma'am...Nintendo HAS released updates for the entire console since launch. Excluding the launch-day patch, there was at least one more! For many, many people the patch they put out has alleviated the vast majority of the freezing issues. If you take a look at people who are still having problems now, in January, it is markedly less than what we were seeing in November.

If a company could be legally sued after every time it released a patch that didn't completely eradicate a problem, every company that has ever developed or published an MMO would be out of business and "the big 3" console manufacturers would most likely be too wary of staying in the hardware business. Companies release patches all the time that fail to fix the problems they were originally gunning for- they don't do it maliciously, it's just unforseen problems in the code and programming. Relax.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CoffeeWithGames

13. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

...Dude or ma'am...Nintendo HAS released updates for the entire console since launch. Excluding the launch-day patch, there was at least one more! For many, many people the patch they put out has alleviated the vast majority of the freezing issues. If you take a look at people who are still having problems now, in January, it is markedly less than what we were seeing in November.

If a company could be legally sued after every time it released a patch that didn't completely eradicate a problem, every company that has ever developed or published an MMO would be out of business and "the big 3" console manufacturers would most likely be too wary of staying in the hardware business. Companies release patches all the time that fail to fix the problems they were originally gunning for- they don't do it maliciously, it's just unforseen problems in the code and programming. Relax.

Please, read what I said again. Not sure if English is your first language or not, that could be a reason it's being lost in translation maybe? Again, if it's update-able, Nintendo has failed to update it to do as the operations manual states and tells consumers to do when the console freezes. The "it's" there is the feature that is listed in the operations manual, that does not function as stated. Not the Wii U console. If Nintendo shipped the Wii U with an operations manual, that tells users of a certain function/feature to do when there is a particular problem, and that hasn't been patched, that is a problem.

I bought it day one and enjoy it a lot, but that doesn't mean I excuse Nintendo (or any business) for shipping products with features/functions that don't work, that should. Holding the power button should turn the system off when it freezes, at the very least (Imagine your computer freezing, and having to unplug it every time. Or, a smart-phone freezing, and the customer having to let the battery drain and/or take it out to unfreeze it.) Telling customers they need to unplug their Wii U now, because Nintendo shipped the console without a working feature/function as is described in the operations manual, is their problem.

This isn't about a game being "broken" and getting fixed by a patch, this is about a stated feature in the Wii U operation manual that does not work. Nintendo has released one patch for the Wii U post launch, and it didn't fix this issue; as a matter of fact, I don't believe Nintendo released what the post launch patch fixed, did they? I know they said they were working on one to address/fix freezing, but my has frozen after that patch, and I had to unplug the console.

As for, "Companies release patches all the time that fail to fix the problems....", maybe. BUT, this is NINTENDO we are talking about. How many useful patches have their systems/consoles had? What about their games? Not many before the Wii U, and none on the Wii that I'm aware of.

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter: CoffeeWithGames

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

14. Posted:

CoffeeWithGames wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

...Dude or ma'am...Nintendo HAS released updates for the entire console since launch. Excluding the launch-day patch, there was at least one more! For many, many people the patch they put out has alleviated the vast majority of the freezing issues. If you take a look at people who are still having problems now, in January, it is markedly less than what we were seeing in November.

If a company could be legally sued after every time it released a patch that didn't completely eradicate a problem, every company that has ever developed or published an MMO would be out of business and "the big 3" console manufacturers would most likely be too wary of staying in the hardware business. Companies release patches all the time that fail to fix the problems they were originally gunning for- they don't do it maliciously, it's just unforseen problems in the code and programming. Relax.

Please, read what I said again. Not sure if English is your first language or not, that could be a reason it's being lost in translation maybe? Again, if it's update-able, Nintendo has failed to update it to do as the operations manual states and tells consumers to do when the console freezes. The "it's" there is the feature that is listed in the operations manual, that does not function as stated. Not the Wii U console. If Nintendo shipped the Wii U with an operations manual, that tells users of a certain function/feature to do when there is a particular problem, and that hasn't been patched, that is a problem.

I bought it day one and enjoy it a lot, but that doesn't mean I excuse Nintendo (or any business) for shipping products with features/functions that don't work, that should. Holding the power button should turn the system off when it freezes, at the very least (Imagine your computer freezing, and having to unplug it every time. Or, a smart-phone freezing, and the customer having to let the battery drain and/or take it out to unfreeze it.) Telling customers they need to unplug their Wii U now, because Nintendo shipped the console without a working feature/function as is described in the operations manual, is their problem.

This isn't about a game being "broken" and getting fixed by a patch, this is about a stated feature in the Wii U operation manual that does not work. Nintendo has released one patch for the Wii U post launch, and it didn't fix this issue; as a matter of fact, I don't believe Nintendo released what the post launch patch fixed, did they? I know they said they were working on one to address/fix freezing, but my has frozen after that patch, and I had to unplug the console.

As for, "Companies release patches all the time that fail to fix the problems....", maybe. BUT, this is NINTENDO we are talking about. How many useful patches have their systems/consoles had? What about their games? Not many before the Wii U, and none on the Wii that I'm aware of.

...what? So troubleshooting solutions are now "features"? You must the kind of American that feels we are entitled to sue a fast food restaurant after getting scalded from their coffee because they don't warn that it's hot. Holding the power button to power down in the case of a freeze is NOT a feature, it's a suggested solution. If the suggested solution fails, that's what tech support usually is for (barring common sense). The freezing is not intended functionality, so suggested solutions do not guarantee results. Firmware can have problems that anticipated solutions do not work on. That's not a result of false advertising, it is faulty firmware (which can happen often to any piece of hardware). Purchasing anything means you accept the possibility that the product might have problems. That's why warranties exist. Nintendo or any company cannot be expected to eliminate problems after only a couple months, they are not even required by law to fix problems such as these so be satisfied that they're trying.

And for the record, the most recent update did solve the freezing for plenty of people. I haven't had a single problem since the update, and I play the system quite often. The fact that there still is freezing for some people mean there were more than one causes to the freezing and Nintendo needs time to find them.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sinalefa

15. Posted:

Mine sometimes froze when I was done playing Nintendo Land and wanted to go back to the Wii U Menu. I downloaded an update today, and it has not frozen so far.

I got a few freezes with Wii and PS3, and those have involved pulling the plug and trying again. And I did not buy any of those at launch.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

16. Posted:

So how many of these My Wii U Freezes threads do we have now? I lost count somewhere.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Burning_Spear

17. Posted:

I have some knowledge in the area of products law, and I can tell you to forget this lawsuit stuff. You'd have to prove knowing neglect or an industry standard that wasn't met. I doubt Nintendo foresaw these problems,and as for an industry standard, you can't say the console has done any worse than the PS3 or 360 did in terms of early hardware problems.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

18. Posted:

All right, guys, we know two things:

(a) Yes, people are still reporting that freezes are happening.
(b) The only way to do something about it is to contact Nintendo, let them know exactly what happened, and hope they come up with a fix in the next System Update.

This is nothing new. It happened with the 3DS (anyone remember the Black Screen of Death problems? funny how everyone seems to have forgotten), and it's happening now with the Wii U. Don't like it? Contact Nintendo. Thank you, drive through.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

Sorry, this topic has been locked.