Forums

Topic: Wii u controller's final design? rumor

Posts 41 to 60 of 92

kkslider5552000

Mercury9 wrote:

It seems a bit silly and also can we have some colour please? Maybe in the style of the SNES? I'm bored with all white now.

I think that would displease the iProduct crowd and the LCD college frat boys. Just a guess though.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Mercury9

Just red, blue, green and yellow X,A,B,Y buttons! Or grey and purple would do!
It's all I ask! Please!

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

Linky_97

Mercury9 wrote:

Just red, blue, green and yellow X,A,B,Y buttons! Or grey and purple would do!
It's all I ask! Please!

That would be totaly ripping of the Xbox360...

EDIT: Oh yeaaa!! the SNES cotroller!

Edited on by Linky_97

Wii U online games:
Injustice Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge, Assassin's Creed III, Tekken Tag Team Tournament 2 Wii U Edition and Trine 2: Directors Cut
3DS Online games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Tell me if you want to play :)

Nintendo Network ID: Linky97

19Robb92

Analogs looks odd and uncomfortable. The plus and minus button layout was a nice change though.

Looking forward to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Mandoble

They cannot add colours to the buttons, it would look too agressive for granpas and mas and eventually it might be confused with a gaming controller

Mandoble

Mercury9

Mandoble wrote:

They cannot add colours to the buttons, it would look too agressive for granpas and mas and eventually it might be confused with a gaming controller

Worst.Troll.Ever (Thumbs_up.gif)

JK

Edited on by Mercury9

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

shingi_70

After seeing this I'm hopeful that the wii u box is aslo getting changed as the current one is as ugly as the first 360.
Untitled

Untitled

But it may just be that color.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TheKingOfTown

This could still be a prototype, and then they changed it to the circle pad controller. After all, the Rayman Legends trailer still had the circle pad ones right?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Oman316

Mandoble wrote:

Analog is better for moving, specially when you need to keep pushing it forward most of the time. But the slider might be faster for aiming and camera movement. What about left analog and right slider? A touch pad at the back (as Vita's one) would be a great addition for the 6 remaining fingers.

thought about that initially, but it wouldn't fall in favor of the left handed gamers out there! I think having the dual analog sticks is the better way to go cos in my opinion, the slider gets a little Slippery after a while!

Edited on by Oman316

Oman316

Oman316

Link_Belmont wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

Just red, blue, green and yellow X,A,B,Y buttons! Or grey and purple would do!
It's all I ask! Please!

That would be totaly ripping of the Xbox360...

EDIT: Oh yeaaa!! the SNES cotroller!

geezus...... We wouldn't want Nintendo to rip anyone off now would we? (sarcasm intended) lol

Oman316

skywake

Sony_70 wrote:

After seeing this I'm hopeful that the wii u box is aslo getting changed as the current one is as ugly as the first 360.
Untitled

All I want is a non-glossy finish.... but whatever it looks like I know it's going to end up being a back of the cabinet dust magnet. This is especially true if downloadable games become something I do frequently. So meh, who cares how it looks.

Black would be nicer but because it would disappear amongst my other AV gear.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Bankai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

It seems a bit silly and also can we have some colour please? Maybe in the style of the SNES? I'm bored with all white now.

I think that would displease the iProduct crowd and the LCD college frat boys. Just a guess though.

Or anyone with a modern lounge room where brightly coloured toys would look out of place.

The wisest thing Nintendo could stick to doing is having a nice, clean, elegant design.

BenAV

I really don't care how my consoles look, as I'm rarely looking at them.
The most important thing is the colour, as the controller will match the system.
For that reason if there's a choice between black and white I'll probably go for white so that the Wii U controller matches my Wii remotes (besides the Zelda one... I wouldn't mind a gold Wii U controller too to match that ).

Edit: In fact, just make the whole system gold.

Edited on by BenAV

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

KidRad

Gloss > Matte
And my Wii never becomes a dust magnet, thanks to the white finish it's hard to even notice. My PS3(original) on the other hand sucks up dust to no end, you have to clean that baby every few days...but it's worth it, because gloss looks beautiful, unlike the PS3 Slim which is easily one of the ugliest consoles of all time imo.

Anyways, Nintendo needs to do something with the console design, give a tiny splash of color and at least stick the bloody Wii U logo on it.
I know it's still not 'final' but as is, it's rather generic and to simular to the wii. Every console has been a complete unique departure previously, but now Nintendo's riding on the 'Wii brand' coat tails and this new design isn't exciting in the least... I'd also go for white over black any day of the week.

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
NIntendo Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

skywake

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

It seems a bit silly and also can we have some colour please? Maybe in the style of the SNES? I'm bored with all white now.

I think that would displease the iProduct crowd and the LCD college frat boys. Just a guess though.

Or anyone with a modern lounge room where brightly coloured toys would look out of place.
The wisest thing Nintendo could stick to doing is having a nice, clean, elegant design.

Peoples are too serious and too scared of colours. Nothing looks more awesome than a brightly coloured something in the middle of a grey and boring room. Go for like a white, grey, black and steel kitchen and then buy a bright red toaster and people will think you're super stylish. If there is a brightly coloured option it's going to be high on someone's list.

Personally I'm all for a black Wii U unless they have a retro themed version......... but I'd go for NES or Famicom over SNES....

NNID: skywake
Musics to set the tone: Think, Dance, Relax
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Mercury9

Themed versions would be awesome. The Star Wars 360 is imho opinion, the greatest looking console ever.

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

shake_zula

As long as it's not blue like my current Wii, I'm happy. Pink is also unwanted.

shake_zula

Nintendo Network ID: shake_zula

Mercury9

shake_zula wrote:

As long as it's not blue like my current Wii, I'm happy. Pink is also unwanted.

I'll have you know pink is a fantastic colour! Even if some people say it sucks....

Join .www.mkart7.com - Free to enter and great fun!
Mario Kart 7 competitions, great prizes and much more!
3DS FC: 3222-5621-9481
3DS Username: mkart7.com
www.facebook.com/MercuryIX

Bankai

skywake wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mercury9 wrote:

It seems a bit silly and also can we have some colour please? Maybe in the style of the SNES? I'm bored with all white now.

I think that would displease the iProduct crowd and the LCD college frat boys. Just a guess though.

Or anyone with a modern lounge room where brightly coloured toys would look out of place.
The wisest thing Nintendo could stick to doing is having a nice, clean, elegant design.

Peoples are too serious and too scared of colours. Nothing looks more awesome than a brightly coloured something in the middle of a grey and boring room. Go for like a white, grey, black and steel kitchen and then buy a bright red toaster and people will think you're super stylish. If there is a brightly coloured option it's going to be high on someone's list.

Personally I'm all for a black Wii U unless they have a retro themed version......... but I'd go for NES or Famicom over SNES....

I'm not sure who made you an interior designer, but minimalism is awesome.

Untitled

This kind of thing is my dream living room.

Of course other people prefer colours. So Nintendo can make a different colour Wii U, or a skin or something.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic