Wii U Forum

Topic: wii u error code 105-0642

Showing 1 to 13 of 13

AuthorMessage

Toothedbuffalo

1. Posted:

hi i was having problems with my wii u crashing when i was playing pikmin 3 so i took my wii u back to Nintendo they found that there was a defective pcb making it crash so they sent me a brand new wii u pikmim 3 works fine no problems with it but now i can not get onto the e-shop or download updates for games i get a error code 105-0642 and saying try again latter or something does anyone know why this is and how to fix it

Toothedbuffalo

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

2. Posted:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?err...

That is the meaning of that code. It suggests calling Nintendo for help.

Are you using your original NNID, correct router settings, etc. networking features, is probably what they'll suggest. If everything is setup correctly, you'll just have to call them again if it continues to not work.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

jessie1212

3. Posted:

If you keep getting error 105 try this http://howtofixstuff.blogspot.ca/2013/09/how-to-fix-wii-u-err...

jessie1212

AuthorMessage

rjejr

4. Posted:

Got this error code yesterday after gettin gmy blank wiped Wii U back fomr Nitnedo repair. They told me i twuld be 4-6 business" days before somebody calle dme back. So I lost all my save data, all my paid fo rDL games, and now I cna't even log on to eShop to DL Wii Fit U. Im seriosuly considering returning my Wii U to Target or trading it in to Gamestop now that's it's wasted.

rjejr

AuthorMessage

MAB

5. Posted:

Yeah, this error occurs when you don't have a decent router like me. Why would anyone send their Nintendo system in for repair after only a month... I have had mine since launch, every game is downloaded onto a 2TB AC powered HDD, never had any issues except for crappy Need For Speed freezing so the reality is your router is a piece of pooplar ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

rjejr

6. Posted:

My router has worked w/ my PS3 and my Wii and my laptop for a couple of years. And the web browser on the Wii U works fine, only the eShop doesn't work. And the Wii Shop works as well via the Wii menu on my Wii U. So yeah, must be my router, that's the only logical explanation. Did I mention my Wii U was connected via USB LAN adaptor? That's why everything else on my Wii U - except the broken eShop - works so well.

And I sent my Wii U to be repaired after 2 1/2 months because it wasn't working right. I was going to send it in when it was working but for some reason Nintendo wouldn't let me. And I would have returned it to Target only it had all my downloaded games on it so I didn't want to lose them. And the transfer from my 6 year old Wii. Only I did lose them. And all my save data. And all my Miis. So now I am considering returning it to Target for a new one since all my stuff is gone anyway.

And I'm supposedly able to re-download the games I bought only the eShp won't work for me. But I sincerely doubt its my router. I've spoken to enough people at Nintendo to know it had something to do w/ them sending me a new Wii U serial # and I'm trying to access the eShop with my Nintendo Network ID which is probably still linked to the old serial number. If anybody at Nintendo thought that error code had anything to do w/ my router I'm sure they would have asked me to reboot it. Or disconnect the LAN adapter and try a WiFi connection. But all they ever say is they have to send my info to administration, and it will take 4-6 business days to get back to me.

You're a mad aussie bloke. Isn't it early spring in Australia shouldn't you be out enjoying yourself? Or is it Sunday morning and your hung-over so you decided to bust my chops out of boredom? (OK quick Google check says noon Sunday, I'm going w/ hungover.)

Oh, if it turns out it is my router, I will most assuredly apologize to you, but I really just don't see how that could be the problem at all.

And seriously - just google "105-0642". Thats all you need to Google, that 7 digit # w/ the hyphen. You don't have to type in Wii U or error code or anything, just those 7 digits and a hyphen, and you'll see it's the same error code everybody gets after sending their Wii U in for repairs. Several of those links are me - I've been busy venting - but some of them go back 11 months.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=ww&ei=lLF1UomILazisATih4HQAQ&ved=0CBgQ1S4#hl=en&q=105-0642

Anyway, thanks for giving me another opportunity to vent. Stupid Nintendo, they've had the same problem and error code for a year but they won't let the people on the phones fix it. barstewards.

Edited on by theblackdragon

rjejr

AuthorMessage

rjejr

7. Posted:

Oh, and thanks to everybody else who tried to help. Appreciate the feedback.

rjejr

AuthorMessage

MAB

8. Posted:

Untitled
Halfway through a bottle of Jack Daniels while playing Deus Ex... Hey ladies! underneath this jacket is a go go gadget ;)

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

AuthorMessage

rjejr

9. Posted:

I didn't even know you had JD down under. It goes well with a big ole oil can of Forsters. OK, halftime is over, back to the Jet game.

rjejr

AuthorMessage

CasuallyDressed

10. Posted:

This is the exact same error code I'm having. I sent my Wii U in for repair, and they wanted £137 to fix it. So I managed to get my hands on a second Wii U, which I then sent in and asked them to transfer all my games/eShop account to it.

I got both Wii Us back and the new one cannot access the eShop at all. I get the same error code. I rang them up on Wednesday and they said I'd have to leave my Wii U switched off for a couple of days whilst they 'transferred the licenses' or something. They said they'd ring me back when they'd finished but it shouldn't be longer than 48 hours.

It's now technically Monday, and I've just turned my Wii U on and it still can't access the eShop. What is going on here?!

Edited on by CasuallyDressed

CasuallyDressed

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5591-0630 | Nintendo Network ID: CasuallyDressed | Twitter: CoryRocker

AuthorMessage

rjejr

11. Posted:

CasuallyDressed wrote:

This is the exact same error code I'm having. I sent my Wii U in for repair, and they wanted £137 to fix it. So I managed to get my hands on a second Wii U, which I then sent in and asked them to transfer all my games/eShop account to it.

I got both Wii Us back and the new one cannot access the eShop at all. I get the same error code. I rang them up on Wednesday and they said I'd have to leave my Wii U switched off for a couple of days whilst they 'transferred the licenses' or something. They said they'd ring me back when they'd finished but it shouldn't be longer than 48 hours.

It's now technically Monday, and I've just turned my Wii U on and it still can't access the eShop. What is going on here?!

I called Nintendo Fri night and Sat morning and they called me back Sun morning and the eShop was working. Lost all my save data forever but at least Nintendo got back to me relatively quickly so I'll give them credit for that. I'm in the US, maybe it takes longer in the UK? Just keep calling them every day, squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Are you the Cory that did the Pikmin 3 documentary voice-over? That was awesome. :-)

rjejr

AuthorMessage

MAB

12. Posted:

rjejr wrote:

I didn't even know you had JD down under. It goes well with a big ole oil can of Forsters. OK, halftime is over, back to the Jet game.

Nobody likes Fosters in Australia so we palmed it off to the Americans ;)

AuthorMessage

CasuallyDressed

13. Posted:

rjejr wrote:

I called Nintendo Fri night and Sat morning and they called me back Sun morning and the eShop was working. Lost all my save data forever but at least Nintendo got back to me relatively quickly so I'll give them credit for that. I'm in the US, maybe it takes longer in the UK? Just keep calling them every day, squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Are you the Cory that did the Pikmin 3 documentary voice-over? That was awesome. :-)

So, there's still hope! Do you have any idea what they're actually doing 'behind the scenes'? The customer service guy didn't seem to have a clue!

No and no! My name's Rory and it wasn't actually me who did the voiceover! ;)
But yeah, the rest of the video was all me. Glad you enjoyed it.

CasuallyDressed

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5591-0630 | Nintendo Network ID: CasuallyDressed | Twitter: CoryRocker