Forums

Topic: Wii U DX $300 after gift card at Target today

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

NeoZuko

I just snagged a black Wii U DX from Target for $300 after $50 gift card (which I used an hour later on Pikmin 3). Good deal as any on the Wii U. Now that the games are finally coming out its looking like a nice little (abit secondary) system. Here is my working games list:

1. Super Mario 3D World
2. New Super Mario Bros. U
3. New Super Luigi U
4. Yarn Yoshi
5. Zelda: Wind Waker HD
6. The Legend of Zelda U
7. Metroid U (you know it's coming)
8. Donkey Kong Country: TF
9. Pikmin 3
10. Mario Kart 8
11. Super Smash Bros. U
12. Bayonetta 2
13. The Wonderful 101
14. Rayman Legends
15. Sonic: Lost World
16. X

Don't forget some Wii classics:

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
4. Zelda: Twilight Princess
5. Zelda: Skyward Sword
6. Metroid Prime Trilogy
7. Pikmin
8. Pikmin 2
9. Punch-Out!!
10. Kirby's Epic Yarn

Defiantly get DKCR as well, but if your like me you have DKCR 3D for 3DS instead.

And some good old VC:

Wii U eShop

1* Super Mario Advance 4
2) Super Mario World
3. Super Mario World 2
4* Super Mario 64
5* Zelda: A Link to the Past
6. Zelda: The Minish Cap
7. Metroid: Zero Mission
8) Super Metroid
9. Metroid Fusion
10. Wario Land 4
11* Wave Race 64
12) Super Mario Kart
13* Super Mario RPG
14. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
15. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Defiantly get Zelda Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64, but if your like me you have the 3DS versions instead. Getting the original Super Mario Bros. Trilogy on the 3DS also frees up the need for the game on your Wii U, but I still would like the Super Mario Advance 4 version of SMB3 on my home console as its just that awesome. Oh and I almost forgot Chrono Trigger, which I own the DS version...

And that's about 40 good games right there.

Edited on by NeoZuko

NeoZuko

AlexSays

40 games.. 60% of which are old games from previous systems, 25% of which are unreleased, and one or two hasn't even been announced. lol

Might as well say the Wii U has thousands of games! Woo games for everyone!

AlexSays

NeoZuko

True, but it's all playable threw a single HDMI cable nonetheless. Eventually. LoL. The Wii U is my Nintendo archive device

Not to mention the Back to the Future style hovercrafts in Mario Kart 8 is way too awesome to miss.

Doc Brown: Console sales? Where we're going we don't need sales!!

Edited on by NeoZuko

NeoZuko

tsm7

Unfortunately, Target does not know what a Wii U is....
My computer is being dumb and I would post a picture but in my local ad today Target put a gamepad on top of a black Wii console.
It's also wrong on the website.

Edited on by tsm7

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

Mahe

You should also try:

• Trine 2 Director's Cut: great puzzle platformer from eShop
  • Rabbids Land: Multiplayer fun for four people with just the Gamepad and one Wiimote + Nunchuk pair
  • Nano Assault Neo: twin-stick arcade style shooter (eShop)
  • Mighty Switch Force! HD: 2D action platformer (eShop)
  • Earthbound: Classic SNES RPG on Virtual Console / eShop

Not even going to mention all the good stuff on the Wii side.

Edited on by Mahe

Mahe

NeoZuko

I think I missed the boat on Earthbound. I get tired of playing it within 15 minutes as it's not as animated as Chrono Trigger. Love the dialog and I would eat up a remake for sure. Same with Final Fantasy 6.

Edited on by NeoZuko

NeoZuko

rjejr

Here's the link to the Target ad, it's on page 24:

http://weeklyad.target.com/bay-shore-ny-11706/pages?code=Targ...

Hey NeoZuko - if you just bought a WiiU w/ NintednoLand and Pikmin 3 today shouldn't you be spending more time playing and less time making really long lists of games? Or did you just do that during the update and Wii transfers? I'll probably buy 1 later in the week and am not looking forward to any of that stuff , my Wi-Fi is really bad, I have my PS3 and PC hooked up via ethernet cables.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

shaneoh

Mahe wrote:

You should also try:

• Trine 2 Director's Cut: great puzzle platformer from eShop
  • Rabbids Land: Multiplayer fun for four people with just the Gamepad and one Wiimote + Nunchuk pair
  • Nano Assault Neo: twin-stick arcade style shooter (eShop)
  • Mighty Switch Force! HD: 2D action platformer (eShop)
  • Earthbound: Classic SNES RPG on Virtual Console / eShop

Not even going to mention all the good stuff on the Wii side.

You missed Little Inferno on the eShop.

If you enjoy the trailer, you'll enjoy the game, only problem is it is too short.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

skywake

AlexSays wrote:

40 games.. 60% of which are old games from previous systems, 25% of which are unreleased, and one or two hasn't even been announced. lol

If backwards compatibility is a big deal to some then more power to them. Just because the other two have taken physical backwards compatibility out of their products doesn't mean you have to be snarky about it.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

NeoZuko

rjejr wrote:

Here's the link to the Target ad, it's on page 24:

http://weeklyad.target.com/bay-shore-ny-11706/pages?code=Targ...

Hey NeoZuko - if you just bought a WiiU w/ NintednoLand and Pikmin 3 today shouldn't you be spending more time playing and less time making really long lists of games? Or did you just do that during the update and Wii transfers? I'll probably buy 1 later in the week and am not looking forward to any of that stuff , my Wi-Fi is really bad, I have my PS3 and PC hooked up via ethernet cables.

Haha yea it was a long update. But I keep a running list on my iPhone so I just copy and past. I'm up to 200 slots for many systems. Yikes!!

NeoZuko

NeoZuko

skywake wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

If backwards compatibility is a big deal to some then more power to them. Just because the other two have taken physical backwards compatibility out of their products doesn't mean you have to be snarky about it.

Since I sold my NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii, I agree that I love the all inclusive nature of the Wii U for 99% of my Nintendo console needs. Why I sold them I'll never know. Something about Playstations.

The all black 3DS is next on my list. Been buying quite a few DS and 3DS games...

Edited on by NeoZuko

NeoZuko

NeoZuko

BTW, the Mii Verse is awesome, especially the drawing based posts in built in forums. I did a Pikmin 3 one!! Then I bought some Super Mario World and Super Metroid and tried out the gamepad to get a feel for it. Nice screen, even better than the 3DS XL, even if its not retina or capacitive glass. My only concern is what happens when I wear out the buttons on this thing, can I buy one without another Wii U console? I know Nintendo said yes eventually, but it's still not here yet. Same worry for the 3DS XL, but that's only $200, not $350. So I'd like to buy a spare gamepad and a spare 3DS XL eventually.

Then I spent some time exploring the systems menus and updating my Club Nintendo. At which point I ran out of time to try Pikmin 3. Eh, I'm old, no rush like when I was a teenager with the SNES. Too busy drawing on Mii Verse today I guess. I am an artist at heart. The in game pic taking posting to Mii Verse is excellent. This kills Playstation Home. In every possible way. This is fun interaction. Take notes PS4 and XB1.

And the sad moment when I realized I can't play a single Wii legacy game on my shelf cus I have no Wiimote or Numchuck yet... and I can't hear anything on the Rayman Demo cus I need an analog multiport cable (not included) to the powered speakers (I use a 1080P PC monitor). Man, I hope that can put out sound while the HDMI puts out video, at the same time like. Otherwise I'll need to figure something out. At least the VC games use the gamepad speakers and I will have to test that headphone port too.

Edited on by NeoZuko

NeoZuko

SCRAPPER392

Best Buy is having the $50 gift card thing, too.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

NeoZuko

Re-he-heel-ly!! Looks like they don't want to be left out

NeoZuko

rjejr

"I can't hear anything on the Rayman Demo cus I need an analog multiport cable (not included) to the powered speakers (I use a 1080P PC monitor). Man, I hope that can put out sound while the HDMI puts out video, at the same time like. "

One of the biggest complaints I've read online from WiiU owners is Nintendo's weird way of doing sound. You can't get audio out of anything w/ video out of the HDMI cable. And they don't use Dolby digital, they use PCMI or something, so some older sound systems don't work. Not having optical out is a real contributing factor why I haven't purchased 1 yet. I bought a 3-way optical switch for my PS3, cable box and WiiU before I realized it din't have optical out. Good luck getting something to work.

Google: wii u audio output options

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Cyberbotv2

NeoZuko, it sounds as if you're having a tremendous amount of fun. And those deals sound very, very tempting. I was waiting until the winter to buy this thing. I have a few questions though: does the WiiU upscale wii games in terms of audio and/or video. There are a few games on my Wii that just have such tiny sound, namely RE:4. I use headphones because I don't like bothering my girlfriend. And have you noticed any hiccups with the operating system at any point? And last one, does the system get hot and make noise. My PS3 does that after an hour of play and I've gotten sick of it.

Cyberbotv2

Ryno

@Cyberbotv2: Wii games played on my Wii U look great on my 52" and since it's HDMI the Wii games also sound great on my 5.1 surround sound. Very rarely have I experienced any "hiccups" with my Wii U. I have a PS3 and a Wii U and the Wii U runs pretty cool and makes relatively little noise especially compared to my PS3.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

shingi_70

AlexSays wrote:

Untitled

Your argument is invalid.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AlexSays

Sony_70 wrote:

Your argument is invalid.

lol now that they're not held back by jaggies I may want to actually play that one.

AlexSays

V8_Ninja

AlexSays wrote:

You know, there are other threads where you can rag on the Wii U. Other, much more appropriate threads than this one.

On Topic: Interesting to see the methods that stores are using to get the Wii U systems flying off of store shelves. Canada's been having it pretty good lately, with some of the white Wii U models going for $200. I'll see what my local stores are doing and hopefully I'll find a pretty good deal.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.