Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Controller Pro worth $50?

Showing 21 to 40 of 58

AuthorMessage
Avatar

akabenjy

21. Posted:

Do you know how much controllers are in Australia? I can't believe you're complaining about a $50 controller that you don't have to buy in the first place.

akabenjy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LolWut

22. Posted:

Hyperstar96 wrote:

Charizord wrote:

The day I pay $50 for a controller is the day Nintendo ports Mario onto a Play Station. Why should I pay almost the same price as a full game for a controller to play the game?

Then how have you been playing current games for the last six years?

My guess would be that he's been using the controller that came packaged with his console, assuming that one hasn't been broken or stopped working.

Edited on by LolWut

Do I even play?
What's a "gamer" anyway? POKÉMON!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlueToad

23. Posted:

akabenjy wrote:

Do you know how much controllers are in Australia? I can't believe you're complaining about a $50 controller that you don't have to buy in the first place.

I know, that is exactly my point! Gamers need to stop carrying on about stupid things and just enjoy the games. Nintendo never forced anyone to buy a controller, but the option is there if you want it, coming from me, who is from Australia, the country that never gets anything Nintendo as cheap as the US, even though our dollars are pretty much the same.

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter: kartrashians_

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

24. Posted:

You guys do realize that overcharging for peripherals has been going on forever, right? It's the juiciest part of the business for the console manufacturers and isn't going to change.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

25. Posted:

I will stick with my Wii Classic Controller Pro instead of buying the Wii U Controller Pro.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

XHeavygunX

26. Posted:

It would be worth it to me cause I don't have any wii remotes but since I'm getting Nintendo land I may have to invest in 4 wii remotes because I even called Nintendo support and they don't know if you can use the pro controller instead of wii remotes on Nintendo land nor the new mario

XHeavygunX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

27. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

I will stick with my Wii Classic Controller Pro instead of buying the Wii U Controller Pro.

That's nice, but you won't have one small feature that may prove to be useful...
Clickable Analog Sticks.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

28. Posted:

I have no option but to get a Pro Controller as it comes with my ZombiU premium pack. I will be using it a lot for games like Call Of Duty and FIFA 13.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveyChristmas

29. Posted:

Hell no, i don't do modern traditional controllers, ahem with Handles. :p

And you know, I had The CC Pro which is absolutely fantastic for what it is, i prefer it much more over the Dual Shock and XBOX 360 pad. The analog sticks feel sturdy and tactical, the buttons are clicky,, and the d-pad beats the pants over the two other controllers and i really really like the feel of it. BUT, i had no use for it.

I dread the thought of playing VC games(NES,SNES & Genesis) with a controller with handles, completely zaps out that retro feeling. Besides, i already have 2 classic controlles, but the PRO has better shoulder buttons which are clicky instead of the CC's squishy L & R buttons which don't feel right when playing certain SNES games. Besides, i'm not a fan of dual analog/modern based controllers so i see no use in even getting the Pro controller. The Wii U gamepad already has it all bud! B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

30. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I will stick with my Wii Classic Controller Pro instead of buying the Wii U Controller Pro.

That's nice, but you won't have one small feature that may prove to be useful...
Clickable Analog Sticks.

I really don't see the purpose in those...never had to use them in general.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

31. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I will stick with my Wii Classic Controller Pro instead of buying the Wii U Controller Pro.

That's nice, but you won't have one small feature that may prove to be useful...
Clickable Analog Sticks.

I really don't see the purpose in those...never had to use them in general.

It's only a matter of time before Wii U games start requiring the Wii U Pro controller and phasing out the CCPro, just as Wii phased out gamecube controller support.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

32. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

[It's only a matter of time before Wii U games start requiring the Wii U Pro controller and phasing out the CCPro, just as Wii phased out gamecube controller support.

You think? Even for VC games? How are they going to phase the CCPro out when they work with the Wiimote?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

33. Posted:

I think its worth it. Controllers usually cost around that mark. Also I probly wont plan on getting more then one considering I probly only uses it for VC and the limited amount of games that are going to use it :D

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

34. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

[It's only a matter of time before Wii U games start requiring the Wii U Pro controller and phasing out the CCPro, just as Wii phased out gamecube controller support.

You think? Even for VC games? How are they going to phase the CCPro out when they work with the Wiimote?

How? With the power of science of coarse!
Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

35. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

[It's only a matter of time before Wii U games start requiring the Wii U Pro controller and phasing out the CCPro, just as Wii phased out gamecube controller support.

You think? Even for VC games? How are they going to phase the CCPro out when they work with the Wiimote?

Well, I was talking retail games, not VC. Gamecube still works for VC games. But newer Wii games don't use the gamecube controller.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

36. Posted:

On GC controller support, I'm sure there's a Gamecube to WiiMote adapter in the works somewhere. A quick googling found a mod that does exactly that.... if someone makes it a proper product I'm sure it'd sell pretty well given that GC games are likely to end up on the VC. So it'll happen.

Even if it doesn't happen like that expect Nintendo to do an official CC/Pro-Controller in the style of a GC controller at some point. They did the SNES, they'll do the GC.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

37. Posted:

The Wii U Pro controller should have been designed similar to the gamecube controller in the first place. Oh, well...

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

38. Posted:

No it shouldn't have, rose tinted glasses and all that. The Gamecube controller is alright but the D-Pad sucks and the C-Stick is useless. VC is different but, you want to play the games on the controller it was designed for. I like my WaveBird but I'd take one of those Pro Controllers over it anyday.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Norfair

39. Posted:

skywake wrote:

No it shouldn't have, rose tinted glasses and all that. The Gamecube controller is alright but the D-Pad sucks and the C-Stick is useless. VC is different but, you want to play the games on the controller it was designed for. I like my WaveBird but I'd take one of those Pro Controllers over it anyday.

I think DudeSean was talking about just keeping the general shape, make something similar to the GameCube controller, like this:
Untitled

Yeah, can't make it work..
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_f...

Edited on by Norfair

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Charizord

40. Posted:

Hyperstar96 wrote:

Charizord wrote:

The day I pay $50 for a controller is the day Nintendo ports Mario onto a Play Station. Why should I pay almost the same price as a full game for a controller to play the game?

Then how have you been playing current games for the last six years?

not all games need the nunchuk, making the Wii Remote $30. Now, the Wii remote has motion controls which is a reasonable for its price. Yet the pro controller, whats special about it? Wireless? I'm sorry, but if wireless controllers raise the price by $10-$20 then I'd prefer a wired controller.

I might get the pro controller but what annoys me is that I'll have to buy one at a time until I have 4 for multiplayer games

EDIT: ok,I might have been overreacting a tad bit...

Edited on by Charizord

Charizord