Forums

Topic: Wii U: Competition with Xbox 360?

Posts 61 to 80 of 90

steve3110

god of war awsome game,cant wait till the next ones out

steve3110

mamp

I think we can all agree here that the real enemy is Sony.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

GameLord08

I think we can all agree here that this debate is pointless, and that the Wii U will primarily be in competition with the prospective successors of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

GameLord08

kkslider5552000

GameLord08 wrote:

I think we can all agree here that this debate is pointless

the problem with this is if we did we wouldn't have half the topics we do

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Happy_Mask

But microsoft wants people who own a wii to buy an xbox 360, so logic dictates they will, and nobody will buy a WiiU because Ninty never said they wanted owners of the xbox360 to buy one! D:
But I agree with gamelord, Ninty is first to the party, and the rest have yet to show up.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

skywake

People are still doing this wrong. They don't want the market to play out in the ways people are saying they might or might not. They want every gamer and non-gamer to be excited by the Wii U and to stand in line at launch day to pick one up. They want them all to buy a couple of games and accessories then and there. Microsoft wants the same for the 360, Sony wants the same for the PS3 and Vita, Nintendo still wants that to happen with the Wii, DS and 3DS.

The fact that the people who do decide to get a console will get something other than the Wii U or won't pick up the Wii U because they're happy with what they have is proof of the competition there is. If you say 360/PS3 owners won't grab a Wii U because it's not a big enough upgrade then there you go. Competition.

If the question was what will it PRIMARILY be in competition with then surely right now 360/PS3 is it's biggest competition followed by Wii. In late 2013 it might be the next gen that it's competing with but even at that stage it'll still be competing with 360/PS3. People are trying to make this an emotive or fanboy badge question when in reality it's just business.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

mamp wrote:

What did I ever do to you?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Hokori

Sony_70 wrote:

mamp wrote:

What did I ever do to you?

You have better games then Microsoft, and ummm Kinect is obviously a rip off of Eye Toy, so Microsoft knows Sonys the best competition to Nintendo

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Discostew

The Wii U will be in competition with the 360 because the two will be available at the same time. Once the 360 is phased out, then it won't be in competition with it anymore. In that same light ,even the Wii will be in competition with the Wii U until it gets completely phased out.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

zezhyrule

kkslider5552000 wrote:

GameLord08 wrote:

I think we can all agree here that this debate is pointless

the problem with this is if we did we wouldn't have half the topics we do

Yes, and then the forums would not be entertaining at all. At least someone understands.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Hokori

It's true Vita > Xbox and 360

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

TsunamiSensei

The 360 is a joke. The name implies that it was turned around and is back where it started, 85% of its games are M, and you have to pay for multiplayer. It will be decimated by the WiiU

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

zezhyrule

Popo_man wrote:

The 360 is a joke. The name implies that it was turned around and is back where it started

I am sorry, but that argument still does not work and only serves to make you out as a fool

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

TsunamiSensei

That was my point. I enjoy being uninformed and foolish. I have legitimate respect for the 360. It has a good library of games. Yet I still don't understand the name

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

NintendoFan7777

WiiU will need to feel a lot more "modern" than the wii in order to truly enter the race. This involves having way better graphics, a better navigation and homescreen, and most importantly, better loading stuff, and better multiplayer (online)

NintendoFan7777

GameLord08

NintendoFan7777 wrote:

WiiU will need to feel a lot more "modern" than the wii in order to truly enter the race. This involves having way better graphics...

No.

...a better navigation...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

...and homescreen...

I believe this fits.

...and most importantly, better loading stuff, and better multiplayer (online)...

Ta-da.

GameLord08

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.