Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Basic vs Premium

Showing 41 to 60 of 79

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

41. Posted:

It may hardly be a "must-have", but you can't deny the fact that it does add some substantial appeal to the eShop. For example, if I were to buy five digital retail games (which if I were to go digital only, I'd obviously manage to do - it's $300 total), I'd get $30 worth of points in this promotion. If I'm not mistaken, that's enough to get me, say, three or four eShop games, or more depending on their respective prices. It does sound like a compelling long-term deal, overall.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

42. Posted:

What if those digital retail games actually total $299.95? Suddenly, that $300 is worth $25, unless of course, you complete another (minimum purchase value) sale.

I understand your point, but in practice, I think this promotion will ultimately result in disappointment

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ei8htbit

43. Posted:

Towels wrote:

I'm sorry that you're so easily pleased. Because really, the math backs up Gamesakes statement.

The fact is that for every 10 games you buy, you get one for free (or in other words, you get your $60 back). If you only plan on buying 5 games in the 2-year span of the offer you're still getting the equivalent of 50% off the next game you buy. That's the cold hard math.

The other way to view this is that you have to buy 9 games before earning the equivalent $50 back that you spent extra to get the Premium/Deluxe Set - but don't forget in that case you have to acknowledge that you got Nintendo Land, extra storage, and stands for FREE (plus you have a library of 10 games to play that would cost a Basic Set owner an additional $60 just to own the equivalent, only with less storage space, no charging cradle or stand for the Gamepad and console).

10% off every digital purchase is better than any used game store would offer and certainly more than any retailer would offer for any launch game, don't fool yourself, there is certainly value in this offer and anyone who actually plans on using their WiiU to play games would be pound-foolish not to get the Deluxe Set..

Edited on by ei8htbit

ei8htbit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

44. Posted:

ei8htbit wrote:

Towels wrote:

I'm sorry that you're so easily pleased. Because really, the math backs up Gamesakes statement.

The fact is that for every 10 games you buy, you get one for free (or in other words, you get your $60 back). If you only plan on buying 5 games in the 2-year span of the offer you're still getting the equivalent of 50% off the next game you buy. That's the cold hard math.

The other way to view this is that you have to buy 9 games before earning the equivalent $50 back that you spent extra to get the Premium/Deluxe Set - but don't forget in that case you have to acknowledge that you got Nintendo Land, extra storage, and stands for FREE (plus you have a library of 10 games to play that would cost a Basic Set owner an additional $60 just to own the equivalent, only with less storage space, no charging cradle or stand for the Gamepad and console).

10% off every digital purchase is better than any used game store would offer and certainly more than any retailer would offer for any launch game, don't fool yourself, there is certainly value in this offer and anyone who actually plans on using their WiiU to play games would be pound-foolish not to get the Deluxe Set..

The fact, buy 10 games get one free, is not necessarily true. Remember that the 'cashback' earned needs to equal $5 before you can use it... And how many games are retailed at a round figure of $50/$60? Its much more likely that it'll play out as buy 11 get one free. Check your maths, again

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ei8htbit

45. Posted:

[quote=ei8htbit]

Towels wrote:

Towels wrote:

10% off every digital purchase is better....than any retailer would offer for any launch game.

Not true actually, Game (UK) operate a loyalty card scheme of similar value. I'm pretty sure that nobody buys all their software from Game, because the deal is that good....

I hate to burst your bubble again, but your definition of "similar" is terribly skewed and your math is flat out wrong. How do you equate (and I quote from this very GAME Reward Card site) "Earn 2% of your purchase value back in Reward Points" to earning 5 times that amount with the Nintendo promotion? If I owe you £100 and I only give you £20 back because that is a "similar" amount, would you say we're square? Of course not because they are not similar amounts at all. Even if you pre-order the best they can offer is to double that and give you 4% back which is still less than HALF of the value being offered in this digital promotion.
Semantics aside, what GAME is offering is not even close (and certainly not better) than what this bonus incentive from Nintendo offers, so I'm not sure why you are being so obtuse in the matter (did you pre-order the Basic set or something?).
SOURCE: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleVie...

ei8htbit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

46. Posted:

[quote=ei8htbit]

Towels wrote:

Towels wrote:

ei8htbit wrote:

10% off every digital purchase is better....than any retailer would offer for any launch game.

Not true actually, Game (UK) operate a loyalty card scheme of similar value. I'm pretty sure that nobody buys all their software from Game, because the deal is that good....

I hate to burst your bubble again, but your definition of "similar" is terribly skewed and your math is flat out wrong. How do you equate (and I quote from this very GAME Reward Card site) "Earn 2% of your purchase value back in Reward Points" to earning 5 times that amount with the Nintendo promotion? If I owe you £100 and I only give you £20 back because that is a "similar" amount, would you say we're square? Of course not because they are not similar amounts at all. Even if you pre-order the best they can offer is to double that and give you 4% back which is still less than HALF of the value being offered in this digital promotion.
Semantics aside, what GAME is offering is not even close (and certainly not better) than what this bonus incentive from Nintendo offers, so I'm not sure why you are being so obtuse in the matter (did you pre-order the Basic set or something?).
SOURCE: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleVie...

Yeah. I checked after I posted. Well done. You've won the Internet

And no, I've ordered the Deluxe. The reason why I'm being so "obtuse" is because I'm amazed, and frankly shocked,that so many people want the Deluxe package because of the promotion.

Edited on by Jack_Package

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

47. Posted:

ei8htbit wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble again

I like the use of the word 'again'. Silly boy

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ei8htbit

48. Posted:

@Towels
I don't think any sane person is buying the Deluxe package because of this promotion (especially considering most pre-orders sold out before they even fully disclosed the details of it) I think the simple answer is that people were willing to pay the cost of an extra game in order to get Nintendo Land plus whatever other free stuff and extra memory Nintendo was throwing in considering they were probably interested in checking out Nintendo Land anyway.

The even simpler answer (that is probably more true than people will admit) is that many were willing to pay an extra $50 (or at least be blind to it) in order to get the glossy black model with an inconsequential addition of internal storage over the same-old white one..

ei8htbit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

49. Posted:

While the Deluxe is a blippin' no brainer, i didn't go for it because i don't wan't a Black Wii U/ GamePad...Just doesn't seem 'Nintendo-ish' Although switching it up to black would of been a change of pace instead of sticking with white again. But eh...Whimsical & Brighty Whitey' it tis' for me regardless if I'm missing out on the better deal. :p

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

50. Posted:

I wouldn't pay extra for a certain color, it's not like I sit there staring at the console. Plus I don't have the money to waste like that. The shortest answer is that I needed a game with the console and Nintendo Land was on my list. I save $10, not to mention it DOES has free stuff thrown in.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ei8htbit

51. Posted:

Towels wrote:

ei8htbit wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble again

I like the use of the word 'again'. Silly boy

Well since we're being saucy (you little minx), I was making use of the word "again" because I disproved your boastful claim in my previous quote (in which I quoted the specific use and argument of your claim that math was somehow on your side in all of this) and was proceeding to do the same.....again.

No need to call Jimmy Carr though, I'm no Brit and I would like to think that fellow Nintendo owners can politely argue the benefits and perceived drawbacks of deluxe digital promotions without getting in a fuzz when one realizes they may have over-reacted or under-thought their initial response...

Edited on by ei8htbit

ei8htbit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

52. Posted:

I'd disagree. I've read a lot of comments that seem to suggest the promotion is the reason they want the Deluxe. And even comments where people wonder if Nintendo will let them 'buy a subscription' to the promotion at a later date. I'd argue there are less people interested in NintendoLand than there are people interested in the promotion.

And yeah, I paid extra just to get it in black. I really hate Nintendo, sometimes. They are vicious business men. I would love to sit in one of their board meetings, just to hear them cackle.

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

53. Posted:

ei8htbit wrote:

Well since we're being saucy (you little minx), I was making use of the word "again" because I disproved your boastful claim in my previous quote (in which I quoted the specific use and argument of your claim that math was somehow on your side in all of this) and was proceeding to do the same.....again.

I know this sounds like I'm being a nob. But I have no idea what you just said.

Do you mean, the cold hard fact of buy 10 get one free? Your facts are wrong, matie.

Edited on by Jack_Package

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ei8htbit

54. Posted:

Towels wrote:

What if those digital retail games actually total $299.95? Suddenly, that $300 is worth $25, unless of course, you complete another (minimum purchase value) sale.

I just noticed this response. With all due respect, what are you on about?! "Suddenly that $300 is worth $25"? I'm not sure you understand how this all works. The worth of that $300 actually becomes $325, plus you would have another 495 points in your bank. It's not like that money dissapeared or was stolen from you, you purchased games that you wanted play and are now $25 richer with extra credit in the bank to boot. How are you disappointed?

ei8htbit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

55. Posted:

Towels wrote:

I'd disagree. I've read a lot of comments that seem to suggest the promotion is the reason they want the Deluxe.

What forums are you reading? I have not heard one single person here say I chose the Deluxe because of the digital promotion.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

56. Posted:

I'm perfectly sure how it works. I live in the UK, so I will use £

The deal is. Get 10% back on e-shop purchases. But I can only spend the 'cashback' when it is worth £5.

If I buy 6 games, which are priced at £49.99, then I have spent £299.95 and earned £29.95 'cash back' credit. However, I can only claim £25 because of the rules of the promotion. This leaves me with £4.95 that I can't spend.

Now let's do this over 10 games at £49.99. The total spend would be £499.90 and would earn me £49.90 'cashback'

I can only use £45 of this and a retail game cost £49.99. So I will have to pay the £4.99 difference and be left with the £4.90 'cash back' that I can't use.

That's why I'm disappointed

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

57. Posted:

Seriously, Towels, why are you complaining/dissapointed about an additional bonus?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ei8htbit

58. Posted:

@Towels
Listen, I want to like you, my body is ready, and I want you to be excited in the knowledge that the Deluxe WiiU you pre-ordered is really good value, in contrast to the Basic Set, truly. Please just try to enjoy the damn thing and enjoy the free money Nintendo throws back in your pocket if you decide to buy any digital content. Or don't buy digital content if you don't think getting 10% back is worth it since you can only spend it in £5 increments. If it ever comes down to it and there is ever a time you need to borrow 1 Nintendo eShop point to get you to that 500-point plateau, I would gladly offer it to you if I had it. Would that make it worth it for you? Let's go! Let's get on this launch train and get excited already!! All aboard WOOOWOOOOO!!!!!!!

ei8htbit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

59. Posted:

Because I work with numbers and I can see its a rubbish offer

Edit@ Ryno

Edited on by Jack_Package

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

60. Posted:

Towels wrote:

Because I work with numbers and I can see its a rubbish offer

Edit@ Ryno

Well cool bro, enjoy riding on that number crunching complain train while the rest of are happy and enjoying our new Nintnedo system! :D

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo