Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii u and 3DS cross-platform play

Showing 1 to 20 of 30

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kereke12

1. Posted:

What do you guys think there's going to be more of cross-platform game?

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IxnayontheCK

2. Posted:

I'm just not bothered about cross platform play personally. I play my 3ds and wiiu at different times for different type of play.

IxnayontheCK

Nintendo Network ID: ixnayontheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

3. Posted:

I would be nice to have that option but honestly the only time I did cross platform play was with the GBA and the GC with FF: Crystal Chronicles I believe. That was cool because it gave you your own screen to look at but with the Wii U gamepad that option is pretty pointless.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kereke12

4. Posted:

You have a point there they should do like Sony pause the game on the ps3 and continue on Ps Vita

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

5. Posted:

I think if they do, it will be more locally, rather than internet. Playing the consoles in the same room simultaneously, or transferring and going somewhere with your 3DS. It's better than Vitas crossplay which is what I'm been trying to tell people for some time now... I'd rather have 2 individual titles be able to be connected, rather than the same one getting spread out between 2 platforms.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kereke12

6. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I think if they do, it will be more locally, rather than internet. Playing the consoles in the same room simultaneously, or transferring and going somewhere with your 3DS. It's better than Vitas crossplay which is what I'm been trying to tell people for some time now... I'd rather have 2 individual titles be able to be connected, rather than the same one getting spread out between 2 platforms.

to be honest I agree but I would rather do plays on wii u and finish on 3ds it possible but who know they might do that but they need to do more games

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

7. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I think if they do, it will be more locally, rather than internet. Playing the consoles in the same room simultaneously, or transferring and going somewhere with your 3DS. It's better than Vitas crossplay which is what I'm been trying to tell people for some time now... I'd rather have 2 individual titles be able to be connected, rather than the same one getting spread out between 2 platforms.

What?

How the heck is the Vita's crossplay worse?

For one thing when the Vita does crossplay with PS3 you only need to buy the game once.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

8. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I think if they do, it will be more locally, rather than internet. Playing the consoles in the same room simultaneously, or transferring and going somewhere with your 3DS. It's better than Vitas crossplay which is what I'm been trying to tell people for some time now... I'd rather have 2 individual titles be able to be connected, rather than the same one getting spread out between 2 platforms.

What?

How the heck is the Vita's crossplay worse?

For one thing when the Vita does crossplay with PS3 you only need to buy the game once.

You need like four copies of Monster Hunter to do multiplayer crossplay. That's just dumb.

It's worse, because it's the same game on both platforms. MH3U is the same game besides online for 3DS. They expect someone who wants to play to have their own game card. Same with Super Smash Wii U X 3DS. Those are Nintendo's first basically identical games on one platform at once, but I'm guessing they each have something different to offer than than each version.
i.e. It would be better have The Legend of Zelda Wii U could communicate with The Legend of Zelda 3DS, but it's not the same adventure on both platforms.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

9. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I think if they do, it will be more locally, rather than internet. Playing the consoles in the same room simultaneously, or transferring and going somewhere with your 3DS. It's better than Vitas crossplay which is what I'm been trying to tell people for some time now... I'd rather have 2 individual titles be able to be connected, rather than the same one getting spread out between 2 platforms.

What?

How the heck is the Vita's crossplay worse?

For one thing when the Vita does crossplay with PS3 you only need to buy the game once.

You need like four copies of Monster Hunter to do multiplayer crossplay. That's just dumb.

It's worse, because it's the same game on both platforms. MH3U is the same game besides online for 3DS. They expect someone who wants to play to have their own game card. Same with Super Smash Wii U X 3DS. Those are Nintendo's first basically identical games on one platform at once, but I'm guessing they each have something different to offer than than each version.
i.e. It would be better have The Legend of Zelda Wii U could communicate with The Legend of Zelda 3DS, but it's not the same adventure on both platforms.

I still don't understand.

On the one hand, you are buying two copies of the same game, with slightly different features. You can do that on the Vita/ PS3. See: Dead or Alive 5

On the other hand, when it's exactly the same game (as Monster Hunter is), then at least with Sony consoles you don't need to buy it twice.

You don't have a PS3 and Vita, do you? I can tell,

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

10. Posted:

Holy crap Bankai. There have been multiple thread posts where I state I have a PS3, as part of my argument. You and Chrono_Cross like don't have memory or something.
I don't have a PS Vita, but I understand how the stuff works. Even if I have neither of those consoles, it takes no thought whatsoever to understand.
I understand PS Vita and PS3 play the exact same copy of a game.
Did you ever play Harvest Moon for GCN, that was connective with the GBA one? Or the Geometry Wars game for Wii, connective with the DS one? They have something different to offer even if they are the same software in title only.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

11. Posted:

Are you telling me that the very first Tekken is exactly the same as Tekken Tag Tournament 2? Maybe in concept, but not what actually appears in the game. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is building off the same idea as Melee and the N64 one.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

12. Posted:

Holy crap Bankai. There have been multiple thread posts where I state I have a PS3, as part of my argument. You and Chrono_Cross like don't have memory or something.

And you can't read. I said you don't have a PS3 and a Vita.

Did you ever play Harvest Moon for GCN, that was connective with the GBA one? Or the Geometry Wars game for Wii, connective with the DS one? They have something different to offer even if they are the same software in title only.

The Vita is capable of doing that as well by linking up to the PS3. There's not much point to developers using that feature yet since most people with PS3s don't have Vitas.

Are you telling me that the very first Tekken is exactly the same as Tekken Tag Tournament 2? Maybe in concept, but not what actually appears in the game. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is building off the same idea as Melee and the N64 one.

No. I never said anything of the sort.

I'm sure I've said this to you in the past, but you really need to work on both your articulation and your comprehension. Half the time I have absolutely no idea how you arrive at your logic, and the other half the time I'm certain you've misread every word I've written.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

13. Posted:

You don't pay attention or can't read either. In the next sentence, I said that I don't need a PS Vita to understand how it works, which goes past the need of actually needing one to understand. Even if I did have a PS Vita, you still wouldn't believe me. What features does PS Vita add to a PS3 game, or vice versa?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

14. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

You don't pay attention or can't read either. In the next sentence, I said that I don't need a PS Vita to understand how it works, which goes past the need of actually needing one to understand. Even if I did have a PS Vita, you still wouldn't believe me. What features does PS Vita add to a PS3 game, or vice versa?

The Vita can be used as a controller when playing PS3 games. It can work as a second screen. You can transfer your game save from your PS3 to your Vita to play your game on the go, and transfer it back when you're at home to continue where you left off.

You can do everything with the Vita/ PS3 that you can do with the Monster Hunter game. Considering that Monster Hunter is the only game that links 3DS to Wii U, and considering that there is a handful of Vita games that now support it, it's not inferior. It's exactly the same experience. With more games.

I said that I don't need a PS Vita to understand how it works, which goes past the need of actually needing one to understand.

uh huh.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Burning_Spear

15. Posted:

I would prefer the Vita's system for games such as Animal Crossing or Monster Hunter, where you're going to invest hundreds of hours and can benefit from being able to play on the go. But for something like Smash Brothers I think it would be cool to have related but distinct games that can trade items or open up different functionalities.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

16. Posted:

Burning_Spear wrote:

I would prefer the Vita's system for games such as Animal Crossing or Monster Hunter, where you're going to invest hundreds of hours and can benefit from being able to play on the go. But for something like Smash Brothers I think it would be cool to have related but distinct games that can trade items or open up different functionalities.

I'm pretty sure PS3/Vita is capable of both of those systems, but yes, which is better really depends on the game. Games that take hundreds of hours benefit from being both portable and for home consoles. Other games could use extra features for having both (assuming they are different games). I agree with you completely and think developers should decide what works best for the game.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

17. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You don't pay attention or can't read either. In the next sentence, I said that I don't need a PS Vita to understand how it works, which goes past the need of actually needing one to understand. Even if I did have a PS Vita, you still wouldn't believe me. What features does PS Vita add to a PS3 game, or vice versa?

The Vita can be used as a controller when playing PS3 games. It can work as a second screen. You can transfer your game save from your PS3 to your Vita to play your game on the go, and transfer it back when you're at home to continue where you left off.

You can do everything with the Vita/ PS3 that you can do with the Monster Hunter game. Considering that Monster Hunter is the only game that links 3DS to Wii U, and considering that there is a handful of Vita games that now support it, it's not inferior. It's exactly the same experience. With more games.

I said that I don't need a PS Vita to understand how it works, which goes past the need of actually needing one to understand.

uh huh.

Well good then. I hope you're enjoying that. The only problem with that way of doing things, is that you need to pay $300 for a PS3, then $250 for a PS Vita.
Nintendo has kind of already combined PS3 and Vitas cross play ability where they interact as one with Wii U, then they have 3DS on top of that as a stand alone, and are combining both for the cross play on the go. Also, acting as one which is sure to happen in Smash Bros.
We need to make sure not to forget the similarity between both the systems.
Crossplay altogether is not a new concept.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

18. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

You don't pay attention or can't read either. In the next sentence, I said that I don't need a PS Vita to understand how it works, which goes past the need of actually needing one to understand. Even if I did have a PS Vita, you still wouldn't believe me. What features does PS Vita add to a PS3 game, or vice versa?

The Vita can be used as a controller when playing PS3 games. It can work as a second screen. You can transfer your game save from your PS3 to your Vita to play your game on the go, and transfer it back when you're at home to continue where you left off.

You can do everything with the Vita/ PS3 that you can do with the Monster Hunter game. Considering that Monster Hunter is the only game that links 3DS to Wii U, and considering that there is a handful of Vita games that now support it, it's not inferior. It's exactly the same experience. With more games.

I said that I don't need a PS Vita to understand how it works, which goes past the need of actually needing one to understand.

uh huh.

Well good then. I hope you're enjoying that. The only problem with that way of doing things, is that you need to pay $300 for a PS3, then $250 for a PS Vita.
Nintendo has kind of already combined PS3 and Vitas cross play ability where they interact as one with Wii U, then they have 3DS on top of that as a stand alone, and are combining both for the cross play on the go. Also, acting as one which is sure to happen in Smash Bros.
We need to make sure not to forget the similarity between both the systems.
Crossplay altogether is not a new concept.

What. You need to buy a 3DS and a Wii U to play 3DS/ Wii U crossplay games.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

19. Posted:

Yes, but the Gamepad acts as the PS Vita when PS Vita and PS3 are played as one.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

20. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Yes, but the Gamepad acts as the PS Vita when PS Vita and PS3 are played as one.

This topic is about cross platform play.

The Wii U by itself is not doing cross platform play.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)