Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Ambassador Program...?

Showing 81 to 100 of 100

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

81. Posted:

If you hadn't learnt anything from launches before the Wii U what makes you think the Wii U's launch is the last straw?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

82. Posted:

skywake wrote:

If you hadn't learnt anything from launches before the Wii U what makes you think the Wii U's launch is the last straw?

Because Nintendo said not even a month prior to the price drop announcement that the price wasn't the problem; the lack of games were?
Nintendo's statements on how they wouldn't cut the price like they did with the 3DS?
Nintendo's statements on the launch window lineup being what it was, when many of those games would be delayed, resulting in an insane drought period?
Reggie saying that Nintendo was absolutely prepared for HD gaming?

I'm not saying any of these are reasons to be angry at Nintendo. Heck, they aren't even lying, technically. Nintendo wasn't necessarily wrong in statement #1, #2 could be interpreted as Nintendo being honest because the Wii U price drop wasn't as drastic, thus not being "like" the 3DS, #3 is something that happens all the time in the industry, and #4 isn't necessarily wrong either; Nintendo did have games in HD, so it's not like they were unprepared, just not as much as they could have (I look at Miyamoto's statements on Nintendo's teams having trouble adapting to HD technology as the basis for #4).

There are, however, plenty of reasons for the Wii U to be the last straw. For a company that traditionally doesn't sell systems under a profit, it will be hard for many to take Nintendo seriously when they tell consumers "there won't be a price drop because we like to sell at a profit" when Nintendo seemed just fine to slash the price the last two times.

Which is why an ambassador program would fix all of that. It would set a precedent if it happened again. It would be an unwritten agreement between Nintendo and its most ardent fans that says "if our system underperforms and we have to cut the price, you, our most beloved fans, shall be rewarded." Instead of giving fans a reason to avoid the next launch, people would embrace it, regardless of its circumstances.

My two cents, anyway.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

83. Posted:

Well when your competition is willing to commit suicide just to best you the only thing to do is keep the cards close to the chest. Just look at the back and forth sony and microsoft have had since E3

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

84. Posted:

@moomoo
A company denying a price cut is what you'd expect them to do regardless of what they actually intend to do. As soon as you say there'll be a price drop your sales grind to a near halt while everyone waits for the price drop. They had probably planned it for months now but there would have been little reason to do it without the software. If they had told us about the price drop back in April the Wii U would be in a very, very, very average position right now.

As for the loyal fans, of which I am one. If you hadn't "learnt" about this already then the Wii U situation isn't going to change anything. The Wii launch was pretty flat in terms of software, the 3DS launch was even more flat AND it had the price drop. Same thing happens to some degree with every console launch. That's what people who buy a console at launch are getting themselves into, we don't need compensation to stop us from wanting to be guinea pigs.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

85. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

BREAKING: Wii U Ambassador Program

With the price reduction of $50 on the Wii U console, gamers who have registered their Wii U console and Linked it to a Club Nintendo account BEFORE October 4th will receive a free physical copy of Metroid: Other M. I guess they have so many extra copies of this great game lying around...

Post of the year nomination!

Anywho, don't feel entitled to any free stuff just because you bought the system at launch. You, the buyer, were the one who decided to buy the console at the current price which it was sold. Nintendo does not owe you anything for purchasing the system and then lowering the price. The 3DS program was an act of generosity, not entitlement.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jahir

86. Posted:

So... you'll be expecting a reward everytime a console has a price reduction? Yeah, it seems very reasonable...

Edited on by Jahir

Jahir

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Obito_Tennyson

87. Posted:

I bought my Wii U early becasuse I wanted to get promotions like the 3DS did. They had 20 free games, more than $100 worth of games. Plus, half of them aren't even available in the Nintendo Eshop. I don't want to be like that kid on the block who accidentally threw his $50 down the toilet. It's illogical, because that $50, the amount of Nintendo is paying for most of their first-party games. I just want something to dignify that I got my Wii U before 2012 ended. Free games, whether they're already on the Eshop or not. Give me $50 credit, at least give me a downloadable or physical certificate that says that I am an ambassador! I was jelious of the 3DS Ambassadors, and since I paid for a Wii U, I should at LEAST get a certificate. The Wii U had a game drought, and there was barely anything out there. Plus, to anyone who says the the 30 cents deal was the ambassador's program, I paid all of those games for full price on the Wii Shop. I figured that there was no point in getting the same game twice if it wasn't free. I didn't take any of the games. I'm not asking for Gamecube games like how the 3DS got GBA games, but at least give us SOMETHING.

Friend Safari: Butterfree, Venomoth, and Volbeat (if there are any Bug Catchers out there...?)
Looking For: Ditto, Magneton Friend Safaries (please contact me if you have any)

3DS Friend Code: 2492-5497-3062 | Nintendo Network ID: JonathanTennyson | Twitter: Obito_Tennyson

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

88. Posted:

Jahir wrote:

So... you'll be expecting a reward everytime a console has a price reduction? Yeah, it seems very reasonable...

Everytime? Why ever did you assume that? Personally, considering the 3DS Ambassador Program and the announcement of a Wii U price cut, did it not at least seem to hint an Ambassador Program?

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

89. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Jahir wrote:

So... you'll be expecting a reward everytime a console has a price reduction? Yeah, it seems very reasonable...

Everytime? Why ever did you assume that? Personally, considering the 3DS Ambassador Program and the announcement of a Wii U price cut, did it not at least seem to hint an Ambassador Program?

I think he was being sarcastic... maybe? Anyways, the Ambassador Program didn't even come to mind for me at all until everyone else said something.

It was a pretty fast price drop, but it still isn't that much money lost over a period of time. It cost everyone that bought it on launch an extra 17¢ for every day until Sept. 20th.

The best comparison I can come up with to make this not sound like as much of a big deal, is gas prices, or maybe buying any other product before it goes on sale at the store.
Also, I once bought an app for iPad for $10, then it went on sale for $1, and I don't even have an iPad anymore.

You win some, you lose some, the sun rises, and it's another day.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

90. Posted:

Obito_Tennyson wrote:

I bought my Wii U early becasuse I wanted to get promotions like the 3DS did. They had 20 free games, more than $100 worth of games. Plus, half of them aren't even available in the Nintendo Eshop. I don't want to be like that kid on the block who accidentally threw his $50 down the toilet. It's illogical, because that $50, the amount of Nintendo is paying for most of their first-party games. I just want something to dignify that I got my Wii U before 2012 ended. Free games, whether they're already on the Eshop or not. Give me $50 credit, at least give me a downloadable or physical certificate that says that I am an ambassador! I was jelious of the 3DS Ambassadors, and since I paid for a Wii U, I should at LEAST get a certificate. The Wii U had a game drought, and there was barely anything out there. Plus, to anyone who says the the 30 cents deal was the ambassador's program, I paid all of those games for full price on the Wii Shop. I figured that there was no point in getting the same game twice if it wasn't free. I didn't take any of the games. I'm not asking for Gamecube games like how the 3DS got GBA games, but at least give us SOMETHING.

Why? You're the one who took the risk, not Nintendo

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

91. Posted:

Guys, I got a response!

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write with your questions regarding a Wii U Ambassador program. The Ambassador program has now been extended to each Nintendo 3DS owner who purchased their system before August 12, 2011 and each Nintendo Wii U owner who purchased their system before September 20, 2013. As of September 20, all the Wii U owners who have registered their Wii U systems with a valid Nintendo Network ID will get a free downloadable copy of the Gamecube original, The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. This will be exclusive to Wii U Ambassadors and will not available to those who have purchased a system after September 20, 2013.

I know this is what you were hoping for and we appreciate your support of our products now and in the future. I also want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records and made available for other departments at the company to use as they see fit.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Holly Toledo

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NavySpheal

92. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Guys, I got a response!

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write with your questions regarding a Wii U Ambassador program. The Ambassador program has now been extended to each Nintendo 3DS owner who purchased their system before August 12, 2011 and each Nintendo Wii U owner who purchased their system before September 20, 2013. As of September 20, all the Wii U owners who have registered their Wii U systems with a valid Nintendo Network ID will get a free downloadable copy of the Gamecube original, The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. This will be exclusive to Wii U Ambassadors and will not available to those who have purchased a system after September 20, 2013.

I know this is what you were hoping for and we appreciate your support of our products now and in the future. I also want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records and made available for other departments at the company to use as they see fit.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Holly Toledo

Hey, is this for real? Not what I was hoping for, but something.
...gonna feel very stupid if this is fake...

Edited on by NavySpheal

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sheikah_stone1

93. Posted:

AeroTech wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Guys, I got a response!

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write with your questions regarding a Wii U Ambassador program. The Ambassador program has now been extended to each Nintendo 3DS owner who purchased their system before August 12, 2011 and each Nintendo Wii U owner who purchased their system before September 20, 2013. As of September 20, all the Wii U owners who have registered their Wii U systems with a valid Nintendo Network ID will get a free downloadable copy of the Gamecube original, The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. This will be exclusive to Wii U Ambassadors and will not available to those who have purchased a system after September 20, 2013.

I know this is what you were hoping for and we appreciate your support of our products now and in the future. I also want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records and made available for other departments at the company to use as they see fit.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Holly Toledo

Hey, is this for real? We should send it to one of the writers.

That can't be true! :o they would miss a lot of Wind waker HD sales...

What do you suppose this stone is?
I feel like it's trying to tell us something...

I think there's a fairy hiding inside it, too.
Maybe you can lure it out somehow!

-Navi the fairy

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

94. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Guys, I got a response!

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write with your questions regarding a Wii U Ambassador program. The Ambassador program has now been extended to each Nintendo 3DS owner who purchased their system before August 12, 2011 and each Nintendo Wii U owner who purchased their system before September 20, 2013. As of September 20, all the Wii U owners who have registered their Wii U systems with a valid Nintendo Network ID will get a free downloadable copy of the Gamecube original, The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. This will be exclusive to Wii U Ambassadors and will not available to those who have purchased a system after September 20, 2013.

I know this is what you were hoping for and we appreciate your support of our products now and in the future. I also want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records and made available for other departments at the company to use as they see fit.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Holly Toledo

Is this legit or are you trying to start trouble? I recommend not the latter ;)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sheikah_stone1

95. Posted:

Oh, wait I just read the article "No Plans" For Ambassador Program Following Wii U Price Cut

Very. Funny. ):<

Edited on by Sheikah_stone1

What do you suppose this stone is?
I feel like it's trying to tell us something...

I think there's a fairy hiding inside it, too.
Maybe you can lure it out somehow!

-Navi the fairy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

96. Posted:

It is got to be fake for 1 fact alone. Most of the 3DS Ambassador games were to get people excited about upcoming games being released on 3DS. So why would they give people the same game that Nintendo is trying to sell? It would make more sense if it was something like Donkey Kong or Mario to get people excited about future Wii U games

Well I guess that isn't actually a fact but still that is my reason why it is fake

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

97. Posted:

Aside from the fact he edited the message posted in the news? :D

It's fake :P

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

98. Posted:

Sorry guys, I was just messing. :P I took the Nintendo response floating around the Internet and made a few edits.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

99. Posted:

Guys, I got a response!

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write with your questions regarding a Wii U Ambassador program. The Ambassador program has now been extended to each Nintendo 3DS owner who purchased their system before August 12, 2011 and each Nintendo Wii U owner who purchased their system before September 20, 2013. As of September 20, all the Wii U owners who have registered their Wii U systems with a valid Nintendo Network ID will get a free real unicorn and many delicious cookies. This will be exclusive to Wii U Ambassadors and will not available to those who have purchased a system after September 20, 2013.

I know this is what you were hoping for and we appreciate your support of our products now and in the future. I also want to assure you that your comments will be added to our records and made available for other departments at the company to use as they see fit.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Holly Toledo

Fixed it to make it more realistic.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jahir

100. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Jahir wrote:

So... you'll be expecting a reward everytime a console has a price reduction? Yeah, it seems very reasonable...

Everytime? Why ever did you assume that? Personally, considering the 3DS Ambassador Program and the announcement of a Wii U price cut, did it not at least seem to hint an Ambassador Program?

Nope, I mean, the background is a lot different, WiiU has got good games already and this is not being made just 5 months after the release of the console. Also, 3DS price reduction was almost a third of the original.price and this is just a 50 dollars drop (wich would be about... a seventh of the original price).

There are some risks when you buy a console earlier, but you at least could enjoy some of the games people like me haven't played because we don't own a WiiU. Enjoy all those beautiful games! That's your reward.

Edited on by Jahir

Jahir

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode