Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Ambassador Program...?

Showing 21 to 40 of 100

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

21. Posted:

I imagine some sort of early adoption promotion will appear, but I doubt it will be as big as the 3DS's version.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

22. Posted:

The only reason I somewhat support this is because the whole "launch window" was a big fat joke.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

steamhare

23. Posted:

I support this because there are now three weeks when somebody would have to be crazy to buy a wii U.

steamhare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

24. Posted:

steamhare wrote:

I support this because there are now three weeks when somebody would have to be crazy to buy a wii U.

Some companies may just start selling it at the price. IIRC, that happened a little bit with the 3DS.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

25. Posted:

It would be pretty cool to have a promotion where you could choose to download one gamecube game. Seeing as how gamecube games are still pretty valuable, I doubt they'd let you have more than one, but you could choose between Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Double Dash, F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros Melee, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, or Pikmin. Had it been a bigger drop or earlier on, I'd say 2, but at this point I don't even think an ambassador program is necessary...

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kodeen

26. Posted:

I don't think it's likely to happen. The Wii U price drop is a 14% reduction after 10 months, whereas the 3DS price drop was a 28% reduction after 5 months (at least they're going with multiples of 2). The 3DS price drop was so major and so sudden that it kind of warranted some sort of apology. This Wii U price drop is, while a little soon, not that big of a deal.

I got my Deluxe for $300 new anyway from an eBay reseller. The only thing I regret about getting the system when I did is that I'm missing out on the Wind Waker bundle.

Edited on by Kodeen

Kodeen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

27. Posted:

I am OUTRAGED at the price drop! I wouldn't forgive Nintendo even if they gave me Metroid: Zero Mission, F-Zero X, Super Mario 64 and Pokémon Emerald!

... so are they going to give them to me now?

For real: It isn't a big deal for me. I'm happy some people will be able to get the Wii U of their choice at a cheaper price.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

faint

28. Posted:

We already got the ambassador program. It was called 30 cent aniversery games. Nobody else gets that. Oh and the delux special when you download games. How much do you guys want?

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

29. Posted:

I really don't care either way about a Wii U Ambassador gift program. Sure, it would be cool, but I'm already satisfied with my Wii U and I'm looking forward to the games coming later this year.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

30. Posted:

faint wrote:

We already got the ambassador program. It was called 30 cent aniversery games. Nobody else gets that. Oh and the delux special when you download games. How much do you guys want?

Games that weren't already available on the Wii service that I had already bought. If you already owned the likes of Super Metroid, F Zero, Kirby's Adventure, etc. on the Wii VC, then it didn't help much.
Seriously, even a single gamecube game would help. The problem with the Wii U was that Nintendo didn't deliver what they said they would during the launch window. Those launch window games were the reason that most people bought a Wii U early. Now that they're coming right before the price drop, it kind of makes it kind of ridiculous.

If people had been told that Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 were releasing right before a price drop, how many people would have bought a Wii U prior? There was basically nothing for the system for the first 10 months, yet Nintendo promised there would be more.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sonicfan1373

31. Posted:

Do not care as long as Nintendo makes Wii U's future bright. As an early adopter I knew what I was getting myself into so I am not concerned by the lack of Ambassador Games; if anything I would have liked it if they dropped the price to $250 so that they can get more customers on board which would give developers more reason to develop for the system.

sonicfan1373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

32. Posted:

For me its doesn't matter no one forced to buy it at launch so I dont feel cheated or anything. An ambassador program would be nice but I am not gong to beat down Nintendo's door for it.

As for Nintendo though these price drops are going to do more harm than good now. With their last two consoles getting price drops not even a year after release people are going to stop buying Nintendo systems now at launch. In the grand scheme of things I think this was a bad move for Nintendo.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tainy

33. Posted:

The stream of 30¢ deals on Virtual Console games sort of was our Wii U Ambassador program. All new Wii U owners will have to buy those games full price for over ten times that amount. I don't expect Nintendo to really do anything in this case. It's also not as drastic a cut as the 3DS got.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

34. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

For me its doesn't matter no one forced to buy it at launch so I dont feel cheated or anything. An ambassador program would be nice but I am not gong to beat down Nintendo's door for it.

As for Nintendo though these price drops are going to do more harm than good now. With their last two consoles getting price drops not even a year after release people are going to stop buying Nintendo systems now at launch. In the grand scheme of things I think this was a bad move for Nintendo.

You are right @Tasuki. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Have I enjoyed my Wii U the past year? Yes. Will I by another system at launch? Probably not until the first price drop and/or limited bundle with a game I am interested in. .

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PKpunky

35. Posted:

Agreed, it has made me think twice about buying a console at launch, now that Nintendo is doing these price drops, bundles, etc.

Doesn't matter now, I'm enjoying the Wii U. Off-tv play is awesome. The only thing I regret is not picking up the 32GB premium set.

PKpunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109 | Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

36. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

The stream of 30¢ deals on Virtual Console games sort of was our Wii U Ambassador program. All new Wii U owners will have to buy those games full price for over ten times that amount. I don't expect Nintendo to really do anything in this case. It's also not as drastic a cut as the 3DS got.

The difference was that I had every 30 cent game except DK and F-Zero on some VC already. With the 3DS, you got 20 VC games, 10 of which were never on VC, the other 10 never on a portable VC. Nintendoscrewed us this time. For the first time ever, Nintendo has screwed us.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

37. Posted:

swordx wrote:

[The difference was that I had every 30 cent game except DK and F-Zero on some VC already. With the 3DS, you got 20 VC games, 10 of which were never on VC, the other 10 never on a portable VC. Nintendoscrewed us this time. For the first time ever, Nintendo has screwed us.

Did you enjoy playing your Wii U the past 10 months at all? If the answer is yes then I wouldn't say Nintendo screwed you.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

38. Posted:

Ambassador program? We got 7 games practically free, plus the more time goes on, the more a Wii U deluxe membership is less worth it. People should stop begging for stuff that Nintendo doesn't owe you.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

39. Posted:

It's only $50.

I'm never buying a Nintendo system at launch again though.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

40. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

swordx wrote:

[The difference was that I had every 30 cent game except DK and F-Zero on some VC already. With the 3DS, you got 20 VC games, 10 of which were never on VC, the other 10 never on a portable VC. Nintendoscrewed us this time. For the first time ever, Nintendo has screwed us.

Did you enjoy playing your Wii U the past 10 months at all? If the answer is yes then I wouldn't say Nintendo screwed you.

The amount of fun I have had with 5-player NintendoLand is well worth the $50 for me, so no I wasn't "screwed."

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan