Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U 2014 Monthly Predictions

Showing 21 to 36 of 36

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

21. Posted:

abraham452 wrote:

MrSRArter wrote:

I'll revive the topic with my newer updated list since we're getting very close to 2014 and we had that Nintendo Direct.

• JANUARY: Dr. Luigi
  • FEBRUARY: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • MARCH: N64, GBA, and Genesis/MD games are added to the Wii U VC
  • APRIL: Mario Kart 8
  • MAY: Wii Sports Resort games added to Wii Sports Club
  • JUNE: Bayonetta 1 ported to the Wii U eShop
  • JULY: X's Japanese release
  • AUGUST: Super Smash Bros. 4
  • SEPTEMBER: Bayonetta 2
  • OCTOBER: Monster Hunter 4 HD Version and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (To fit Halloween, and a re-release of Luigi's Mansion 1 on the eShop happens around the same time, all to conclude The Year of Luigi)
  • NOVEMBER: X's NA/EU/AU release and Yarn Yoshi
  • DECEMBER: Mario HD Collection (Includes remastered Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. Also sold separate on the eShop.)

I also predict Zelda U, Kirby U, Paper Mario U, Animal Crossing U, the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic, and Mario Party 10 are announced during 2014 along with new info on STxFE but aren't released until 2015.

:O Paper Mario 2014? Are you sure... if that is true then it will probably be release early winter. I hope so, they should take their time on a game that shouldn't be ruined :3 aww man, but that means they already have a plot set up... darn. lol

These are my predictions, not the actual schedule, and I'm predicting Paper Mario U won't be released until 2015 at the earliest.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I help keep these threads updated: New 3DS VC games in Japan, Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, and Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

abraham452

22. Posted:

[quote=abraham452][quote=MrSRArter]

MrSRArter wrote:

These are my predictions, not the actual schedule, and I'm predicting Paper Mario U won't be released until 2015 at the earliest.

aww I CAN'T WAIT, :/ so what am I supposed to play in the meantime any recommendations?

abraham452

AuthorMessage

Blast

23. Posted:

@MrSRArter Wow. Nice. You're prolly right about many of your guesses. :)
2014 looks insanly good for Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

24. Posted:

@MrSRArter

Dr. Luigi - Has already been announced to be released on December 31st, 2013
DKC:TF - Already been announced for February, so that's not really a prediction.
N64, GBA & Genesis VC - This needs to happen immediately! Hopefully they'll start releasing these games in January, but most likely either not for a long time or never. :'(
Mario Kart 8 - Been announced to be released sometime in spring, so any month in spring is just as good of a guess.
Wii Sports Club - The first two sports came out a month ago and now Golf has been added. I expect the next sport (probably Baseball) to be added next month and then boxing in February.
Bayonetta 1 - It would be nice to add this to the eShop so anyone who has a Wii U and missed out on Bayonetta 1 can catch up on it. Then again, Bayonetta 1 sales might somehow damage Bayonetta 2 sales.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - I really hope Nintendo doesn't re-release this game for the Wii U. I already bought the game for the 3DS, so I don't really see the point of buying the same game again. To me, it seems rather early to release another Luigi's Mansion game, but I'd much rather they made a new Luigi's Mansion for the Wii U if the Wii U were to get a Luigi's Mansion game. I'll accept the gamecube version on the eShop at any time, though.
Mario HD Collection - I think you can keep dreaming about that one. How long did it take them to make Wind Waker HD? And you expect them to come out with four HD remasters at once? And Wind Waker HD cost $50, right? So then, Mario HD collection would cost $200. I really doubt they would do that. Honestly, I think a New Super Mario All-Stars would be more conceivable. A game that has New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and maybe New Super Mario Bros. U all with the graphic level of NSMBU, but I doubt Nintendo will even do that. What I would like Nintendo to do is come out with a Super Mario All-Stars HD, which would be Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and Super Mario World but with New Super Mario Bros. U graphics and simultaneous multiplayer. But I know that's just a dream and will likely not happen, either.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

abraham452

25. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

@MrSRArter

Dr. Luigi - Has already been announced to be released on December 31st, 2013
DKC:TF - Already been announced for February, so that's not really a prediction.
N64, GBA & Genesis VC - This needs to happen immediately! Hopefully they'll start releasing these games in January, but most likely either not for a long time or never. :'(
Mario Kart 8 - Been announced to be released sometime in spring, so any month in spring is just as good of a guess.
Wii Sports Club - The first two sports came out a month ago and now Golf has been added. I expect the next sport (probably Baseball) to be added next month and then boxing in February.
Bayonetta 1 - It would be nice to add this to the eShop so anyone who has a Wii U and missed out on Bayonetta 1 can catch up on it. Then again, Bayonetta 1 sales might somehow damage Bayonetta 2 sales.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - I really hope Nintendo doesn't re-release this game for the Wii U. I already bought the game for the 3DS, so I don't really see the point of buying the same game again. To me, it seems rather early to release another Luigi's Mansion game, but I'd much rather they made a new Luigi's Mansion for the Wii U if the Wii U were to get a Luigi's Mansion game. I'll accept the gamecube version on the eShop at any time, though.
Mario HD Collection - I think you can keep dreaming about that one. How long did it take them to make Wind Waker HD? And you expect them to come out with four HD remasters at once? And Wind Waker HD cost $50, right? So then, Mario HD collection would cost $200. I really doubt they would do that. Honestly, I think a New Super Mario All-Stars would be more conceivable. A game that has New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and maybe New Super Mario Bros. U all with the graphic level of NSMBU, but I doubt Nintendo will even do that. What I would like Nintendo to do is come out with a Super Mario All-Stars HD, which would be Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and Super Mario World but with New Super Mario Bros. U graphics and simultaneous multiplayer. But I know that's just a dream and will likely not happen, either.

I agree on the luigi's mansion part and the HD Part too. I liked luigi's mansion and it's good that they gave him the spotlight for once, but they need to make newer versions with different storys to it. not a remake into a different console and just add 1 more room to it. I wouldn't mind also having a HD pack lol, would bring back some classic games back, but that's just a waste of time, money, and room for more games to come in.

abraham452

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

26. Posted:

I'll play along with a couple of predictions.

1. Wii Sports Club: Baseball will release in Janurary and Boxing in February
2. Mario Kart 8 will release in April

The only HD Mario remake I can see is Super Mario 64, if that Paul Gale Network rumor has any truth to it.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

skywake

27. Posted:

January: Dr Luigi, some VC improvements and Boxing on Wii Sports Club
February: Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Baseball on Wii Sports Club
March: Nothing
April: Mario Kart 8
May: SNES Remix
June: First of the Resort DLC for Wii Sports Club
July: Nothing
August: Yarn Yoshi
September: Bayonetta 2
October: X
November: Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Animal Crossing U
December: Metroid Prime 4

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Cyberbotv2

28. Posted:

I can't possibly guess what might come. I do feel January will bring N64 and possibly Dreamcast games to the eshop. Something else is up though. Either Capcom bringing a ton of Resident Evil, Sports returns to Nintendo platforms or the arrival of a gamut of indie games.

Cyberbotv2

AuthorMessage

skywake

29. Posted:

We can't guess but we can guess. That's the point of the thread. I think this time last year we didn't know about Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD and A Link Between Worlds. That's the bulk of the end of this year's releases that they kept quiet for all of last year. The expectation is that they very well could do that again.

So my bets are on Metroid and Animal Crossing because more than any other main franchise it has been a long time between console versions of those two. Maybe some sport title or something new but as a guess I'll go with those.

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

30. Posted:

@skywake Again, Dr. Luigi has already been announced for December 31st, 2013. Well, in the US, at least.
I think we might get a NES Remix 2 before getting a SNES Remix. You know, so they can incorporate some of the games that they for some reason for forgot to include (Metroid, Kid Icarus, Zelda 2).
I'm pretty sure Hyrule Warriors is supposed to be coming out in Spring 2013, as it was mentioned in the latest Nintendo Direct which was said to be focusing on games for Spring of 2013.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

WhereEaglesDare

31. Posted:

I don't expect Smash until November 2014 at the earliest.

WhereEaglesDare

AuthorMessage

skywake

32. Posted:

December 31st? oh cool, for some reason I thought it was January.

As for the NES remix thing and Hyrule Warriors. Well I'm taking a guess on the SNES remix, either would be good but I think SNES remix is a better idea than NES remix 2. Either is possible I think. Hyrule Warriors I'm pretty sure wasn't anywhere near ready and they didn't put a "spring" date on it they just said "2014". I wouldn't read too much into the stated Spring focus of the ND especially given they also spent time on Smash Bros....

Actually given how rough the Hyrule Warriors thing was I wouldn't be that surprised if it ended up being pushed out to 2015. I think if my predictions are way out it'll be on the random guesses for Metroid and Animal Crossing.

Edited on by skywake

AuthorMessage

cookiex

33. Posted:

skywake wrote:

December 31st? oh cool, for some reason I thought it was January.

It's December 31 in NA and January 15 in Europe.

cookiex

AuthorMessage

skywake

34. Posted:

That would be why I thought it was January then. Because for me it is January!

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

35. Posted:

skywake wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into the stated Spring focus of the ND especially given they also spent time on Smash Bros....

Yeah, good point.
I really don't think that trailer for Hyrule Warriors is a very good indication for how far along in development the games is. There could be a lot more done than what they showed, which I think may have been hinted at with Zelda in the background and possibly other characters. Also, like I said before, I really don't expect Hyrule Warriors to look much or any better than it does now.
I just think it would be easier to make an NES Remix 2, given the simplicity of the graphics and I wonder if they didn't leave certain games out on purpose just so they could make a sequel.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

36. Posted:

January - eshop/virtual console releases
February - DKTF
March - ???
April - Mario Kart 8
May - Bayonetta becomes available on eshop or a psychical copy is released for Wii U or both
June - E3 announcements and trailers for Zelda and Metriod (but they are dated for 2015 releases)
July - Nothing
August - Yarn Yoshi
September - Bayonetta 2
October - X
November - "Hyrule Warriors" and Smash Bros
December - ???

Mario Party Wii U might be in there somewhere as well.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Metroid Prime (GC), Super Mario 3D World (Wii U), Borderlands (PS3)