Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U 2014 Monthly Predictions

Showing 1 to 20 of 36

AuthorMessage

RogueStatus94

1. Posted:

Listings, rumored release dates, and certain Nintendo developers with undisclosed projects got me wondering about Wii U's 2014 lineup and what I'd like to see. I'm not gonna mention third party multi-plats such as Watch Dogs, I'll just be going over the Nintendo exclusives. Let me know what you guys hope comes out. This is also a response to ActiveGamerLife http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpWUcZNphc0

January:
Blank month for me, people should still be busy with 3D World and Wii Fit U.

February:
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

March:
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, this would mark the one year anniversary.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/10/us_retailer_lists_lu...

April:
Mario Kart 8

May:
Going with Newegg's rumored release date, Smash Bros Wii U.
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/newegg-lists-smash-bros-3d...

June:
My first made up game, WaveRace from Next Level which would go perfect with Summer. Also Bayonetta 2, seems like the perfect time.

July:
My second made up game, a Pokemon Stadium type game. Give people who bought X&Y to get the Wii U with good online.

August:
Yoshi's Epic Yarn

September:
Monster Hunter 4U, this could come out earlier and make the one year anniversary with Dark Moon but I'll put this under September.

October:
The third Sonic exclusive and Monolith Soft's X

and November:
the Legend of Zelda

Edited on by RogueStatus94

RogueStatus94

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

2. Posted:

• JANUARY: N64, GBA, and Genesis/MD games are added to the Wii U VC
  • FEBRUARY: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • MARCH: Wii Sports Resort games added to Wii Sports Club
  • APRIL: Mario Kart 8
  • MAY: Bayonetta 1 ported to the Wii U eShop
  • JUNE: Super Smash Bros 4
  • JULY: X's Japanese release
  • AUGUST: Bayonetta 2
  • SEPTEMBER: Yarn Yoshi and Monster Hunter 4 HD Ver.
  • OCTOBER: Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (To fit Halloween, and a re-release of Luigi's Mansion 1 on the eShop happens around the same time)
  • NOVEMBER: X's NA/EU/AU release, third exclusive Sonic, and a new and improved version of Pac-Man VS
  • DECEMBER: Mario HD Collection (Includes remastered Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. Also sold separate on the eShop.)

Zelda U, Kirby U, Paper Mario U, Animal Crossing U, and Mario Party 10 are announced during 2014 but aren't released until 2015.

I'll have to do a 3DS equivalent to this topic as well.

EDIT: I have a new updated list since the December Nintendo Direct and we're getting very close to 2014: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/wii_u_2014_monthly_p...

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

TonIttou

3. Posted:

June, July and November from your list won't be happening.

You've also forgotten about Bayonetta!
The rest of the list looks pretty likely though.

TonIttou

AuthorMessage

WebHead

4. Posted:

I'm going to do predictions for announced exclusives:

February: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

March: FTP Steel Diver, Mario Kart 8

May: Bayonetta 2

August: X

October: Yarn Yoshi

November: Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

CM30

5. Posted:

My predictions:

February: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
March/April: Yarn Yoshi
May: Bayonetta
June: Maybe X, hard to tell
July/August: No idea, suspect maybe nothing
September: Mario Kart 8
October: No idea
November: Either Smash Bros 4 or Zelda U
December: Either Smash Bros 4 or Zelda U

I left out stuff like rumoured remakes, because there's no evidence for them and I'm not sure when Nintendo would release them. And I have a feeling they're gonna want to centre the 'big' titles around the end of the year so people buy them for Christmas 2014. Smash Bros will likely be released near then, Zelda U might be too (assuming it comes out in this year) and I don't see Mario Kart 8 getting released too much earlier either (because this is probably the Wii U's biggest seller).

New games? No idea. I guess the likes of a new Paper Mario or something could fill the gaps, but I don't like to speculate about unknowns.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

triforcepower73

6. Posted:

Most of your list looks like it's going to happen. Except Waverace, Pokemon Stadium, and Zelda. Also I feel like X is going to be a late summer/early fall release. And hopefully that game is going to kick butt! I'm telling you Nintendo, you neeeed to advertise that game! It could be the game that snags some of the PSOne crowd, along with Bayonetta 2.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"

3DS Friend Code: 1246-9651-1758 | Nintendo Network ID: bryceybryce

AuthorMessage

Blast

7. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

• JANUARY: N64, GBA, and Genesis/MD games are added to the Wii U VC
  • MARCH: Wii Sports Resort games added to Wii Sports Club
  • MAY: Bayonetta 1 ported to the Wii U eShop
  • JUNE: Super Smash Bros 4
  • AUGUST: Bayonetta 2
  • SEPTEMBER: Yarn Yoshi and Monster Hunter 4 HD Ver.
  • OCTOBER: Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (To fit Halloween, and a re-release of Luigi's Mansion 1 on the eShop happens around the same time)
  • NOVEMBER: X's NA/EU/AU release, third exclusive Sonic, and a new and improved version of Pac-Man VS
  • DECEMBER: Mario HD Collection (Includes remastered Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. Also sold separate on the eShop.)

Zelda U, Kirby U, Paper Mario U, Animal Crossing U, and Mario Party 10 are announced during 2014 but aren't released until 2015.

I'll have to do a 3DS equivalent to this topic as well.

I like your list. I wonder when Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem when release...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Chris77

8. Posted:

I'm convinced there wil be a Wii U Mario Golf next summer. The 3DS version seemed to be pulled quite late, so I assume was far along in development. It wasn't really needed for the 3DS schedule and will help next years lineup, but I also think it was to allow a Wii U version - hopefully with some kind of cross play involved. Goes back to the NGC version with the GBA, but I think a perfect fit. I hope between that and smash, we'll see Nintendo bringing a few games which compliment the systems to urge the 3DS owners to purchase a Wii U. With EA not bringing Tiger woods, it's clear for Nintendo to pick up that area with a decent evergreen title.

Chris77

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

AuthorMessage

CM30

9. Posted:

Chris77 wrote:

I'm convinced there wil be a Wii U Mario Golf next summer. The 3DS version seemed to be pulled quite late, so I assume was far along in development. It wasn't really needed for the 3DS schedule and will help next years lineup, but I also think it was to allow a Wii U version - hopefully with some kind of cross play involved. Goes back to the NGC version with the GBA, but I think a perfect fit. I hope between that and smash, we'll see Nintendo bringing a few games which compliment the systems to urge the 3DS owners to purchase a Wii U. With EA not bringing Tiger woods, it's clear for Nintendo to pick up that area with a decent evergreen title.

That's a very interesting idea. I can definitely see a new Mario Golf on the Wii U at some time. Maybe a new Mario Tennis too.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

10. Posted:

I don't want to do a full list because I have little idea when the third parties would be released, but I definitely believe that:
1. Mario Kart 8 will release in the spring, most likely in April
2. Yarn Yoshi will be a late summer release, either in August or September
3. Super Smash Bros., if not delayed, will be a major game for the holiday season. I think the Wii U version will release first, but I don't know about the 3DS one. I would be happily shocked if they release anytime before Fall.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

bail

11. Posted:

i'm begging for a new mario golf title for the wii u. i couldn't believe they skipped the chance on the wii, the motion controls are a perfect fit for a new mario golf!
maybe they didn't want to hurt the wii sports / resort sales. but since sports club is going to be a download-only title, maybe they'll release a new retail mario golf. i keep my fingers crossed

Gaming Appreciation.

AuthorMessage

I-U

12. Posted:

I really only care for X releasing as soon as it can, because in all honestly, unless a new Metroid comes, that will be the main reason why I'll even be turning on my Wii U barring 3D World blowing me away. I'm hoping for Q2. April would be fitting.

Edited on by I-U

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

WebHead

13. Posted:

I think Nintendo should be doing everything they can to get Mario Kart 8 out in March. And imo SSB absolutely HAS to come out next year.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

14. Posted:

Chris77 wrote:

Will not happen with the Wii Sports U game being on the way. It doesn't make sense for Nintendo to push a Mario Sports game when they can charge separately for each sport and than a $20 disc version sometime down the line.

I'm hoping for a Nintendoland sequel for next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

bail

15. Posted:

well that doesn't make sense. that's like saying they should only release one game per genre each generation.
ubisoft: "hey we're gonna develop rayman legends for the wii u"
nintendo: "sorry we already have a jump'n'run and we don't want you to hurt our super mario sales"

Gaming Appreciation.

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

16. Posted:

bail wrote:

well that doesn't make sense. that's like saying they should only release one game per genre each generation.
ubisoft: "hey we're gonna develop rayman legends for the wii u"
nintendo: "sorry we already have a jump'n'run and we don't want you to hurt our super mario sales"

yep but not releasing two games of the same genre at the same time does make sense(when they come from the exact same company, at least)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Chris77

17. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Chris77 wrote:

Will not happen with the Wii Sports U game being on the way. It doesn't make sense for Nintendo to push a Mario Sports game when they can charge separately for each sport and than a $20 disc version sometime down the line.

I'm sure the two could easily co-exist - although I would agree they would be sufficiently spaced out from a release perspective. Does an £8.99 game compete with a much higher content £40 game? If golf in Wii Sports Club is out in January/February, then I'd say June onwards is clear for a Mario Golf game. I guess how much content comes for £8.99 will show its longevity.

Chris77

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1960-5156 | Nintendo Network ID: Djoser

AuthorMessage

Warruz

18. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Chris77 wrote:

Just do a sport thats not planed on coming to Sports U like soccer or something.

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

19. Posted:

I'll revive the topic with my newer updated list since we're getting very close to 2014 and we had that Nintendo Direct.

• JANUARY: Dr. Luigi
  • MARCH: N64, GBA, and Genesis/MD games are added to the Wii U VC
  • MAY: Wii Sports Resort games added to Wii Sports Club
  • JUNE: Bayonetta 1 ported to the Wii U eShop
  • JULY: Hyrule Warriors and X's Japanese release
  • AUGUST: Super Smash Bros. 4
  • SEPTEMBER: Bayonetta 2
  • OCTOBER: Monster Hunter 4 HD Version and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (To fit Halloween, and a re-release of Luigi's Mansion 1 on the eShop happens around the same time, all to conclude The Year of Luigi)
  • NOVEMBER: X's NA/EU/AU release and Yarn Yoshi

I also predict Zelda U, Kirby U, Paper Mario U, Animal Crossing U, the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic, and Mario Party 10 are announced during 2014 along with new info on STxFE but aren't released until 2015.

EDIT: I completely forgot Hyrule Warriors

Edited on by CrazyOtto

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

abraham452

20. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

I'll revive the topic with my newer updated list since we're getting very close to 2014 and we had that Nintendo Direct.

• JANUARY: Dr. Luigi
  • MARCH: N64, GBA, and Genesis/MD games are added to the Wii U VC
  • MAY: Wii Sports Resort games added to Wii Sports Club
  • JUNE: Bayonetta 1 ported to the Wii U eShop
  • AUGUST: Super Smash Bros. 4
  • SEPTEMBER: Bayonetta 2
  • OCTOBER: Monster Hunter 4 HD Version and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (To fit Halloween, and a re-release of Luigi's Mansion 1 on the eShop happens around the same time, all to conclude The Year of Luigi)
  • NOVEMBER: X's NA/EU/AU release and Yarn Yoshi

I also predict Zelda U, Kirby U, Paper Mario U, Animal Crossing U, the third Nintendo exclusive Sonic, and Mario Party 10 are announced during 2014 along with new info on STxFE but aren't released until 2015.

:O Paper Mario 2014? Are you sure... if that is true then it will probably be release early winter. I hope so, they should take their time on a game that shouldn't be ruined :3 aww man, but that means they already have a plot set up... darn. lol

EDIT

I guess it will be released late winter then... or early spring

Edited on by abraham452

abraham452