Forums

Topic: Wii U 2014 Holiday Commercial

Posts 21 to 22 of 22

Inkling

WaLzgi wrote:

Inkling wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I still don't understand how Nintendo went from the marketing genius that was the "Wii would like to Play" campaign and the other early Wii and DS ads to no marketing for the Wii U. Like what happened?!

Fixed it for you

Let me rephrase: Nintendo did market the Wii U when it came out. Fans just love to ignore that fact when they make accusations

Well they did, and then one guy complained that Off-TV Play was false advertising, and then all of the ads were taken down.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

crimsoncavalier

Commercials for games shouldn't be showing people playing the games. Although I did think this was a pretty funny commercial, with the head shaving and the hot peppers. But I don't care about who is playing the game. It's about THE GAME itself. Show footage. Look at the new Master Chief collection for the XBO. I couldn't possibly care less about Halo (most overrated franchise in gaming history, IMO), but the commercial is exactly what the game needs. A little game play footage, a little CGI, and then telling us what it is and where we can get it. The end.

Showing someone in the commercial actually playing does seem to give an air of "it's for these people" ... unless you're going to have kids, teens, young adults, and adults in different commercials all receiving equal air time, then don't hem yourself in by showing "who" plays the Wii U. Everyone plays it. That should be the message. And because everyone plays it, you don't need to show who is playing it, because the viewer should assume it's them.

I do want more ads on TV. Show me some variety. I want to see ads on TV with game play footage. Or, a actor portrayals, like that old Metroid Prime commercial way back. But don't show me people sitting in their living rooms, all happy and smiling. No one cares about that.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.