Forums

Topic: Wii to Wii U Transfer - Is it even worth it?

Posts 61 to 76 of 76

JustAnotherUser

If you're keeping your Wii don't transfer, if you're trading it in.. Well, then transfer.

JustAnotherUser

SCRAPPER392

SKTTR wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

I would recommend not transfering, because nothing gets better, and MANY games with Gamecube Controller support, 5-player modes, and WiiConnect24 online modes will lose their special features. In exchange for the transfer you lose LostWinds and all those features, and you get no more memory than on your old Wii - but lots of transfer and redownloading work. Losing all those features I would only do the transfer if I can have all my VC and WW games on the 32GB WiiU memory.

I don't get it. No one would have defended any of this stuff before transferring was even known to even take these features away. All these features were barely used or outdated(GCN). As for Lost Winds, I didn't like that game, so I'm biased on that one...

It's not about some underused features getting lost.
It's about putting work into something, but regaining nothing from it.
Fair deal would be losing the mentioned Wii features but gaining 8GB/32GB of Wii U memory.
Wii/VC/WW games looking and playing better on Wii U is a myth.

Apart from that I've been told by Nintendo of Europe to "wait with the transfer"!

Dude. It's not a myth. I've done it, and games on Wii show up a LITTLE clearer through HDMI, there's NO LAG on Wii games to HDTV anymore that the Wii had with component cables, on ANY setting your HDTV. Besides, now you have Wii BC, and 8GB/32GB of said Wii U memory.

SCRAPPER392

SCRAPPER392

If Nintendo of Europe told you to hold off, then cool, but I live in U.S., and they didn't tell us s***.

SCRAPPER392

brooks83

SCAR392 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

I would recommend not transfering, because nothing gets better, and MANY games with Gamecube Controller support, 5-player modes, and WiiConnect24 online modes will lose their special features. In exchange for the transfer you lose LostWinds and all those features, and you get no more memory than on your old Wii - but lots of transfer and redownloading work. Losing all those features I would only do the transfer if I can have all my VC and WW games on the 32GB WiiU memory.

I don't get it. No one would have defended any of this stuff before transferring was even known to even take these features away. All these features were barely used or outdated(GCN). As for Lost Winds, I didn't like that game, so I'm biased on that one...

It's not about some underused features getting lost.
It's about putting work into something, but regaining nothing from it.
Fair deal would be losing the mentioned Wii features but gaining 8GB/32GB of Wii U memory.
Wii/VC/WW games looking and playing better on Wii U is a myth.

Apart from that I've been told by Nintendo of Europe to "wait with the transfer"!

Dude. It's not a myth. I've done it, and games on Wii show up a LITTLE clearer through HDMI, there's NO LAG on Wii games to HDTV anymore that the Wii had with component cables, on ANY setting your HDTV. Besides, now you have Wii BC, and 8GB/32GB of said Wii U memory.

No, Wii Mode is limited to the same 512 MB the Wii had. Of course you can use SD card to expand, but it is separate from any external drive you set up on the Wii U.

brooks83

Raiko

You don't have to re-download anything on transfer either. It was all on my SD card, so when I popped it into my Wii U it all showed up.

Raiko

Hokori

There's always updates you know besides I'm sure using your NN ID on your WiiU will be more effective then your wii FC to get your stuff back

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of...

SCRAPPER392

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

I would recommend not transfering, because nothing gets better, and MANY games with Gamecube Controller support, 5-player modes, and WiiConnect24 online modes will lose their special features. In exchange for the transfer you lose LostWinds and all those features, and you get no more memory than on your old Wii - but lots of transfer and redownloading work. Losing all those features I would only do the transfer if I can have all my VC and WW games on the 32GB WiiU memory.

I don't get it. No one would have defended any of this stuff before transferring was even known to even take these features away. All these features were barely used or outdated(GCN). As for Lost Winds, I didn't like that game, so I'm biased on that one...

It's not about some underused features getting lost.
It's about putting work into something, but regaining nothing from it.
Fair deal would be losing the mentioned Wii features but gaining 8GB/32GB of Wii U memory.
Wii/VC/WW games looking and playing better on Wii U is a myth.

Apart from that I've been told by Nintendo of Europe to "wait with the transfer"!

Dude. It's not a myth. I've done it, and games on Wii show up a LITTLE clearer through HDMI, there's NO LAG on Wii games to HDTV anymore that the Wii had with component cables, on ANY setting your HDTV. Besides, now you have Wii BC, and 8GB/32GB of said Wii U memory.

No, Wii Mode is limited to the same 512 MB the Wii had. Of course you can use SD card to expand, but it is separate from any external drive you set up on the Wii U.

Oh I see... I thought he meant that a fair trade off would be exchanging Wii mode entirely for the storage we currently have JUST for Wii U. They're not going to forward compatible the whole Wii to Wii U. It probably can't anyways. Reasons being: The gamepad has a better input resolution than Wii does, the Wii console can't power to the gamepad, the Wii is last gen now, and they're supporting Wii U now.

SCRAPPER392

SCRAPPER392

Tasuki wrote:

@SCAR: Wait there is no lag on vc games on the Wii U?

Haha... There is NO LAG for anything from Wii using the Wii U. The Wii U, being an HD console and using HDMI, syncs to your TV better.

SCRAPPER392

brooks83

Raiko wrote:

You don't have to re-download anything on transfer either. It was all on my SD card, so when I popped it into my Wii U it all showed up.

You might want to double check and make sure, because I've heard other people say even though they had things on an SD card it wouldn't read it and they had to delete everything and redownload.

brooks83

brooks83

SCAR392 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

I would recommend not transfering, because nothing gets better, and MANY games with Gamecube Controller support, 5-player modes, and WiiConnect24 online modes will lose their special features. In exchange for the transfer you lose LostWinds and all those features, and you get no more memory than on your old Wii - but lots of transfer and redownloading work. Losing all those features I would only do the transfer if I can have all my VC and WW games on the 32GB WiiU memory.

I don't get it. No one would have defended any of this stuff before transferring was even known to even take these features away. All these features were barely used or outdated(GCN). As for Lost Winds, I didn't like that game, so I'm biased on that one...

It's not about some underused features getting lost.
It's about putting work into something, but regaining nothing from it.
Fair deal would be losing the mentioned Wii features but gaining 8GB/32GB of Wii U memory.
Wii/VC/WW games looking and playing better on Wii U is a myth.

Apart from that I've been told by Nintendo of Europe to "wait with the transfer"!

Dude. It's not a myth. I've done it, and games on Wii show up a LITTLE clearer through HDMI, there's NO LAG on Wii games to HDTV anymore that the Wii had with component cables, on ANY setting your HDTV. Besides, now you have Wii BC, and 8GB/32GB of said Wii U memory.

No, Wii Mode is limited to the same 512 MB the Wii had. Of course you can use SD card to expand, but it is separate from any external drive you set up on the Wii U.

Oh I see... I thought he meant that a fair trade off would be exchanging Wii mode entirely for the storage we currently have JUST for Wii U. They're not going to forward compatible the whole Wii to Wii U. It probably can't anyways. Reasons being: The gamepad has a better input resolution than Wii does, the Wii console can't power to the gamepad, the Wii is last gen now, and they're supporting Wii U now.

I don't think it would have been too difficult to allow Wii mode to share the same memory as the Wii U. At the very least, that would allow you to keep all VC games in Wii mode and not on an SD card linked to Wii mode.

Edited on by brooks83

brooks83

PhoenixUltra

what's the point, i have a wii and wii u, i play wii games on wii, wii u games on wii u.

Wii U future of gaming.

Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

TysonOfTime

PhoenixUltra wrote:

what's the point, i have a wii and wii u, i play wii games on wii, wii u games on wii u.

Good for you.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

NGamerZero

PhoenixUltra wrote:

what's the point, i have a wii and wii u, i play wii games on wii, wii u games on wii u.

That's what I do too!

Friend Codes - Animal Crossing: City Folk (4812-1078-6183)
Dr. Mario Online Rx (9967-0055-1680) - Mario Kart Wii (5198-4114-2870)
Mario Strikers Charged (043068-406725) - Mario vs. DK: Minis March Again! (2450-8698-0454)
Nintendo Wii (1390-4118-2314-4557) - Super Smash Bros. Brawl (3694-9700-8787)

Nintendo Network ID: NGAMERZERO

PhoenixUltra

exactly ngamezero. no point.

Wii U future of gaming.

Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic