Forums

Topic: Why Isn't Nintendo Hardware Powerful? Here's Why (Video)

Posts 101 to 109 of 109

SCRAPPER392

@kereke12
You can stand by what you believe, but that doesn't make it true. Wii U is factually the most powerful PowerPC console available to consumers. 3rd parties can't support the Wii U as easily, because PowerPC isn't constantly worked on like x86(PC) is. That's why developers have been able to support Xbox One and PS4 sooner than later. They don't understand the Wii U hardware. Even Nintendo is figuring out their hardware, and it shows with the updates. It really isn't that big of deal.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

kereke12

SCAR392 wrote:

@kereke12
You can stand by what you believe, but that doesn't make it true. Wii U is factually the most powerful PowerPC console available to consumers. 3rd parties can't support the Wii U as easily, because PowerPC isn't constantly worked on like x86(PC) is. That's why developers have been able to support Xbox One and PS4 sooner than later. They don't understand the Wii U hardware. Even Nintendo is figuring out their hardware, and it shows with the updates. It really isn't that big of deal.

I get your point, I really do but don't you think Nintendo should of messed with the Wii U before they released it?

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

kkslider5552000

I do think at this point if Nintendo just wanted success, they should've just made a Wii HD with Skyward Sword HD port at launch.

Sucks, but it's true.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kereke12

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I do think at this point if Nintendo just wanted success, they should've just made a Wii HD with Skyward Sword HD port at launch.

Sucks, but it's true.

Finally someone agrees, but I don't know about the port though. Maybe they should of released the Zelda game that's coming out for lunch. But they should of done an HD console like PS4 & Xbox One. I don't think Nintendo cares anymore.

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

Nintenjoe64

Skyward Sword and Metroid Prime Trilogy HD with online at launch or shortly after would have convinced a few of the fence sitters who decided against Wii U when all the doom clouds started circling. I would upgrade half my Gamecube collection for HD versions if Nintendo could be bothered to pay someone to port them.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

OptometristLime

kereke12 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sucks, but it's true.

Finally someone agrees, but I don't know about the port though. Maybe they should of released the Zelda game that's coming out for lunch. But they should of done an HD console like PS4 & Xbox One. I don't think Nintendo cares anymore.

It feels to me like you're taking the console wars too personally, there's no point in acting more invested than the company itself which stands to lose money on every halfhearted or ill-advised decision.

Untitled

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SCRAPPER392

kereke12 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@kereke12

I get your point, I really do but don't you think Nintendo should of messed with the Wii U before they released it?

You mean like have more games, have a 90% complete OS(instead of like 30%), better Miiverse, etc? If that's what you mean, then I wouldn't argue that more games and the improvements we have now would be unwelcome at launch. The point is that they weren't, but now some are.

Alot of Nintendo's launch "woes" have to do with the fact that they didn't have a complete system out the door by launch, but Xbox One and PS4 are now part of this whole "update later" and getting out gmes later action. If we really want to judge Wii U so harshly, then we have to do the same for Xbox One and PS4.

"Wii U has no games" is now "PS4 and Xbox One don't have as many games as Wii U", or "PS Vita will obliterate the 3DS" is now "PS Vita isn't doing very well, but 3DS just made the top seller list". So again, it all depends on how much it matters to you, and how or what the others are doing to compensate your disappointment. In this case, as a console, Wii U isn't that bad against Xbox One and PS4. The sales don't tell the whole story.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

kereke12

SCAR392 wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@kereke12

You mean like have more games, have a 90% complete OS(instead of like 30%), better Miiverse, etc? If that's what you mean, then I wouldn't argue that more games and the improvements we have now would be unwelcome at launch. The point is that they weren't, but now some are.

Alot of Nintendo's launch "woes" have to do with the fact that they didn't have a complete system out the door by launch, but Xbox One and PS4 are now part of this whole "update later" and getting out gmes later action. If we really want to judge Wii U so harshly, then we have to do the same for Xbox One and PS4.

"Wii U has no games" is now "PS4 and Xbox One don't have as many games as Wii U", or "PS Vita will obliterate the 3DS" is now "PS Vita isn't doing very well, but 3DS just made the top seller list". So again, it all depends on how much it matters to you, and how or what the others are doing to compensate your disappointment. In this case, as a console, Wii U isn't that bad against Xbox One and PS4. The sales don't tell the whole story.

Completely agree with you but it appears that Wii U has been out first and it still has no games as for the others they don't have any games because they just got released and will get more then Wii U itself and for 3DS the reason why its beating Playstation is because it has games.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

SCRAPPER392

kereke12 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

kereke12 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@kereke12

Completely agree with you but it appears that Wii U has been out first and it still has no games as for the others they don't have any games because they just got released and will get more then Wii U itself and for 3DS the reason why its beating Playstation is because it has games.

It doesn't matter whether Wii U was out a year sooner, unless you're Nintendo or something. As a consumer, Wii U has more games as I type this, so it all depends on how much faith one would be willing to put into either of consoles to have more games in the long run. As of now, though, Wii U has more games, and that's supposedly why said people didn't buy Wii U, so now we're in a loop where what people have said didn't ultimately matter, because it ended up being wrong at any given point in time. If you don't like the games, then I guess there are no games for you, but that doesn't mean that there is a TOTAL lack of games to play,

If Xbox One and PS4 want more games than Wii U, they will have to wait for them just as Wii U did. That's the key point, right there. More Wii U games will come out in due time, and more Xbox One and PS4 games will come out. Let's see how that plays out, eh?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.