Forums

Topic: Why is no one buying the Wii U?

Posts 181 to 200 of 326

Dreamz

bezerker99 wrote:

Untitled
Nintendo = doomed

It's not possible for the Wii U to be Nintendo's worst performing console. That title is held firmly by the Virtual Boy, which that graph leaves off for that very reason.

WaveBoy wrote:

HaThready wrote:

I am really excited for mario kart 8..

But not as much for shovel knight.
Untitled

I really, really don't understand the appeal of Shovel Knight. If I want to play an NES game, I have plenty to choose from on the Virtual Console.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

SCRAPPER392

@Dreamz
If you're fine with playing an NES game, then how would that make Shovel Knight any less appealing? Every game on the eShop is part of the VC, if you really want to literal.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

skywake wrote:

This argument is also ridiculous but so far I have kept you from that other argument for two whole pages.

No, it's just no one has replied to me for two whole pages.

Except you, of course.

And no, I didn't counter your point. I wasn't trying to counter your point. Frankly I don't know what point you wanted me to counter really. I was just pointing out how childish the "I'm full of it? no YOU'RE full of it. I'm Ridiculous? no YOU'RE ridiculous" bit is. And that it wasn't 'irony' me having an argument with you about nothing when I said I didn't want to get into the 'console variety' BS.

Normally, when someone says they don't want to participate ( and announce it publicly), I leave them alone even if they quote me.

Your comment was very clear, but you just couldn't resist. Couldn't keep to your word.

Instead you ignorantly tried to argue with me that I was "full of it" because I was making up "stuff". The user was talking about the PEGI ratings for the games I listed via Metacritic saying there wasn't much variety. Most were 18+, but I took the liberty of pointing out why they were rated that and the genre they were classified. GTA V is a sandbox game. A violent one.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

MAN1AC

For those of you that have issues "seeing" the decline of Nintendo in the console market:
Untitled

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

19Robb92

Dreamz wrote:

If I want to play an NES game, I have plenty to choose from on the Virtual Console.

So.. What if you want to play a new NES game?

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

SCRAPPER392

No one is buying Wii U, because there aren't enough future 7th gen games like what Xbox One and PS4 have + GamePad support.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

mipaol

MAN1AC wrote:

For those of you that have issues "seeing" the decline of Nintendo in the console market:
Untitled

How does that graph show anything except that the Wii U has yet to surpass the lifetime sales of any previous Nintendo console?

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Kendallcooper

I don't think it takes graphs to know that Nintendo console sales are declining...as much as I love nintendo, it is true. I think the wii hurt nintendos reputation despite its success and it will take some time to recover...maybe even a console generation. The wii u coming out with another gimmick like the gamepad definitely pushed away a lot of gamers because most tend to just want to play regular games with regular controllers (I love the gamepad personally). Regardless, I love nintendo and will be sticking with them until the end...whether that's my end or theirs.

Nintendo ID: kendallcooper

mipaol

regular is overated

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

SCRAPPER392

7th gen games on Xbox One and PS4:
TitanFall
CoD
Assassin's Creed
Battlefield 4
Destiny
Just Dance
Child of Light
EA Sports

Everyone's all excited about 7th gen games on 8th gen consoles.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Pagey

Titanfall is actually an 8th generation game that was ported (by a separate developer) to the 360.

PSN: James_Page | NN: 1stGenCummins | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Fred Fuchs

Blast

Many people are honestly waiting for Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. U and the next Zelda game before they buy a Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MAN1AC

mipaol wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Untitled

How does that graph show anything except that the Wii U has yet to surpass the lifetime sales of any previous Nintendo console?

Is this a serious question? Its a constant decline despite the market being larger

SCRAPPER392

Pagey wrote:

Titanfall is actually an 8th generation game that was ported (by a separate developer) to the 360.

It was still basically a 7th gen game.

Qwest

jariw

MAN1AC wrote:

Is this a serious question? Its a constant decline despite the market being larger

Can you please provide figures of this "larger" console market (not counting portable consoles)?

jariw

Pagey

jariw wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Can you please provide figures of this "larger" console market (not counting portable consoles)?

While the console market may not be larger, both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sold faster than any of their previous systems while the PS4 broke the record (previously held by the PS2, I believe) for fastest selling console of all time. That certainly points to a larger market but it is far too early in the 8th generation to really determine that, in my opinion.

skywake

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Normally, when someone says they don't want to participate ( and announce it publicly), I leave them alone even if they quote me.

Your comment was very clear, but you just couldn't resist. Couldn't keep to your word.

I didn't say I didn't want to participate in any argument. I said I didn't want to participate in THAT argument. That argument being the "ZOMG the console X lacks variety compared to console Y". Clearly they both have variety, that argument is BS. I am however more than willing to participate in this argument of you having a go at me for being a magnet to argument. If only for the fact that it has forced the discussion away from the banal console X has better games than console Y thing.

And to be perfectly clear, my original point was that it's all BS. The console that has the most games you like is the console that has the most games you like. The console that has the most variety in games from your particular perspective is the one that has the most variety. This is a purely subjective thing. So this argument you were having with these other people about Wii U vs 360 vs 3DS vs PS4 vs Wii etc "game variety" was BS. You're all wrong. They all had/have variety. I won't participate in the argument about which console has the most variety.... I'll just poke you from the sidelines to say you're all wrong

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MAN1AC

jariw wrote:

MAN1AC wrote:

Xbox - 25 mil
360 - 80mil
Ps2 - 100 mil
PS3 - 80 mil
Wii - 100mil

These numbers are far larger than the 50 mil the NES sold. I'm not sure why ppl continue to act ignorant to things. Even if the console market has shrank since last gen due to many being able to find cheaper gaming alternatives or PC gaming(which we will not know for quite some time) those Wii U numbers are still pretty terrible.

jariw

Pagey wrote:

While the console market may not be larger, both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sold faster than any of their previous systems while the PS4 broke the record (previously held by the PS2, I believe) for fastest selling console of all time. That certainly points to a larger market but it is far too early in the 8th generation to really determine that, in my opinion.

No, initial sales points at nothing. If you instead look at the current Japanese console sale figures, you could probably say that the non-portable console market (regardless of maker) is dead. So I'm still waiting for figures on this larger console market.

jariw

Pagey

jariw wrote:

Pagey wrote:

No, initial sales points at nothing. If you instead look at the current Japanese console sale figures, you could probably say that the non-portable console market (regardless of maker) is dead. So I'm still waiting for figures on this larger console market.

As I said, I think it is too early to determine if there is a larger console market but I disagree that initial sales mean nothing. There is obviously a whole lot of interest in the 8th gen consoles and if they continue to sell at the pace they are selling at they could be the best selling consoles of all time. If that is the case then I'd consider the console market to be larger than it once was. But again, it is too early to tell, in my opinion.

Looking at one specific market and seeing a decline in sales doesn't mean that the whole market is shrinking.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.