Forums

Topic: Why is no one buying the Wii U?

Posts 161 to 180 of 326

Reala

It's on my to buy list as soon as X and Zelda U are available and the price goes down significantly or crashes all together either way that's what the hold up is.

Reala

JamesCoote

@Ralek85 @Peach64 PS4 and X1 didn't exactly have games coming out of their ears when they launched. Also Sony gave the impression of having a strong spring lineup. Later announcing Watch Dogs and Drive Club delays was possible after they had the momentum and people had bought PS4's for Christmas (and were distracted by playing what was on there anyway). MS had Titanfall, which they successfully bigged up. What did Wii U have in Spring 2013?

Game developer for Crystalline Green Ltd. Working on Totem Topple and Flight of Light for Wii U

Twitter:

Ralek85

@JamesCoote Yes and No. First off, like it was stated before, this is at least as much about perception as it is about facts. Secondly, even looking at the facts, the WiiU launch didn't have anything resembling Infamous 2 up its sleeve or games like The Division down the line. I highly doubt there are many people out there who think the PS4 will lack games or that it won't pay off as an investment. Maybe right now, but not in the foreseeable future. To me that's the key difference. Aside from the obvious difference in specs, which doesn't matter that much to me. Therefore I'd say their line-up was and is better, but when it comes to the perception of said line-ups it's not even a competition. I do not really understand, why Nintendo is so shy about what they have in development, or about showing us anything about e.g. smt X fe (or confirming it's localisation aside from listing it for North America which is quite possibly subject to change, I mean it'S been a year without any information at all, this does NOT inspire trust in a project, I achieves quite the opposite). I have to assume, that they don't understand that many people have the impression already that the WiiU is dead weight game-wise, or that they do understand and just have nothing to show. It doesn't really matter neither is a good option. Next month we will know which it is anyways. Nintendo needs a strong showing or they will be completely buried under the Next-Gen-Hype by Sony and M$, I think that much we can all agree on.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

turtlelink

jariw wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Woah, woah, woah, now. Are we getting specific to try and prove an invalid point? Woah.

Grand Theft Auto IV - PEGI 18
Grand Theft Auto V - PEGI 18
BioShock - PEGI 18
The Orange Box - PEGI 16
Mass Effect 2 - PEGI 18
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PEGI 18
Red Dead Redemption - PEGI 18
Portal 2 - PEGI 12
Batman: Arkham City - PEGI 16
Gears of War - PEGI 18
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - PEGI 18
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - PEGI 16
Halo 3 - PEGI 16
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PEGI 18

I stopped at 94 but I think you get the idea.

So, to be exact, most of these games are not on Nintendo platforms and are of high diversity for the consumer.

I fail to see how these titles represent "high diversity".

I fail to see how rating = diversity.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Chrono_Cross

skywake wrote:

You don't understand what irony is, you don't understand what my post was about. Frankly your argument here is more childish than the rabble you see from politicians during question time. In a way it's pleasing to see this sort of thing here on a gaming forum rather than from the dudes who control the cash

Please, go on. Seeing this on a gaming forum is almost refreshing

Yes, continue to argue with me, even though it is "ridiculous". Wait, no, you're ridiculous.

Can't counter my point or even stay on track? Sheesh, this is almost as pathetic as our Mario discussion a year back.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

dumedum

Cobrat wrote:

and still no one interested?

Well, 7 million are interested. And some are on the fence. And some will be interested.
Not every console can sell like the Wii, and Nintendo does not have as many blind fanboys like Sony or something, to get more enthusiasm for the first year. Still, it sold more than the Vita, think about that for a second. So it's really not that bad.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

SMEXIZELDAMAN

turtlelink wrote:

jariw wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Woah, woah, woah, now. Are we getting specific to try and prove an invalid point? Woah.

Grand Theft Auto IV - PEGI 18
Grand Theft Auto V - PEGI 18
BioShock - PEGI 18
The Orange Box - PEGI 16
Mass Effect 2 - PEGI 18
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PEGI 18
Red Dead Redemption - PEGI 18
Portal 2 - PEGI 12
Batman: Arkham City - PEGI 16
Gears of War - PEGI 18
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - PEGI 18
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - PEGI 16
Halo 3 - PEGI 16
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PEGI 18

I stopped at 94 but I think you get the idea.

So, to be exact, most of these games are not on Nintendo platforms and are of high diversity for the consumer.

I fail to see how these titles represent "high diversity".

I fail to see how rating = diversity.

Because all games with the same rating are the same in every way. Duh?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Smooty

Can people stop fighting now?
The Wii U is amazing and it's not selling because people would rather be "the cool kiddo in the block" and get an xbox/playstation to rabble about it, and have the newest M rated blood splattering game.
That's my point and i'm not going to keep talking on and on about it.

Do you even

2Sang

HaThready wrote:

The Wii U is amazing and it's not selling because people would rather be "the cool kiddo in the block" and get an xbox/playstation to rabble about it, and have the newest M rated blood splattering game.

I disagree that we should stop disagreeing.
Also, That's not a fair assumption as for the reason the wii u hasn't sold yet, the wii u has not sold for legitimate reasons: failure of marketing, lack of third party support, expensive for what you get in comparison to PS4 (and starting June 9 Xbone too) in terms of technology, and multiple game droughts.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Pagey

HaThready wrote:

The PlayStation 4 has a far wider selection of Indie titles than it does "M rated blood splattering" games so that is a completely invalid argument. You seem to be completely ignorant about the PlayStation library if that is what you honestly believe.

PSN: James_Page | NN: 1stGenCummins | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Fred Fuchs

Wonkers

Pagey wrote:

The PlayStation 4 has a far wider selection of Indie titles than it does "M rated blood splattering" games so that is a completely invalid argument. You seem to be completely ignorant about the PlayStation library if that is what you honestly believe.

And yet an awful lot of ''your' folk are completely ignorant about Nintendo's libraries, also. The DS, Gamecube and even the Wii had lots of mature games. Far too many to mention. Whether they sold in millions or in most cases not, is not the point. They were/are there. Everywhere.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/outside-centre-film-podcast/id816882615

Twitter:

Ryno

Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

2Sang

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

No. This is the Internet silly.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Ralek85

@Ryno No we cannot. Racism was taken away from us by the supreme court as an outlet. We are stuck with console wars. So run along and let us shed our rhetorical blood.

@bezerker99 I wish Nintendo wasn't doomed but one can't argue with facts. Well I can't I dont have the FOX gene. So I guess it'll be time soon ... to say goodbye to an old friend.

@Wonkers What exactly is a mature game ? Sex and violence resulting in R rating ? Also ... I can think of a handful of GC and Wii games, but I wouldn'T classify that als a "lots of", for the NDS I can think of .. dunno .. Dementium ? Moon ? Probably more, but again "lots of" sounds kinda vague. Again also ... of course it does matter if they sold or if they didn't. If they didn'T sell they were not "Everywhere" but over "there" in some dusky shelf in some forgotten warehouse never to be seen, heard or played. It then becomes a hypothetical argument. Not much to be gained by those. Especially not in a console war.
If someone approached you asking for gaming advice regarding a console offering "M rated blood splattering games" would you, in good conscience, promote the purchase of any of the systems you listed ? Like any sane person you would point them at the next 360 and send them on their merry way.

Switch: 3355-6459-9982 | 3DS: 2809-7989-1816 | NNID: Ralek85

mipaol

bezerker99 wrote:

Untitled
Nintendo = doomed

That graph shows that sales of Wii U consoles in the first part of 2014 have nearly matched the sales of Wii U consoles for the entire fiscal year of 2013, based on this data I would surmise that come fiscal year 2015 we'll see that the Wii U sold double the units it did in 2013, so how does that equate to Nintendo being doomed, seems to me like the sales of Wii U consoles is improving.

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Wonkers

@Ralek85
I did not say that Nintendo had the most. I didn't say I would recommend them. Infact I didn't do anything you said I did. My point is that Sony fans can't say Nintendo is for kids, just like Nintendo fans shouldn't say Sony is for gun-toting morons. Both are wrong and that side of the debate bores the pants of me.

If you really want I will put up all M rated games from the 3 consoles I mentioned, but it's a superfluous point as that type of person that needs advice, for me, is only one type of gamer and is absolutely not to be classed as someone who represents the medium proportionally.

Edited on by Wonkers

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/outside-centre-film-podcast/id816882615

Twitter:

skywake

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Yes, continue to argue with me, even though it is "ridiculous". Wait, no, you're ridiculous.

Can't counter my point or even stay on track? Sheesh, this is almost as pathetic as our Mario discussion a year back.

I didn't say arguing with you was ridiculous, I said the argument you were having was ridiculous. This argument is also ridiculous but so far I have kept you from that other argument for two whole pages. The whole thing about "my console has more variety than your console" BS has all but died in this thread. So I'd call that a win.

And no, I didn't counter your point. I wasn't trying to counter your point. Frankly I don't know what point you wanted me to counter really. I was just pointing out how childish the "I'm full of it? no YOU'RE full of it. I'm Ridiculous? no YOU'RE ridiculous" bit is. And that it wasn't 'irony' me having an argument with you about nothing when I said I didn't want to get into the 'console variety' BS. But again, better than reading about politics lately and better than your previous argument.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Smooty

I am really excited for mario kart 8..

Do you even

kkslider5552000

WaveBoy wrote:

HaThready wrote:

I am really excited for mario kart 8..

But not as much for shovel knight.
Untitled

I don't want to encourage your nostalgia fetish, but I can't disagree either.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.