Forums

Topic: Why is no one buying the Wii U?

Posts 121 to 140 of 326

skywake

I don't want to get into this argument because I think it's ridiculous. However to say that the 360 had more variety than the Wii in its AAA games is a bit odd. What, you mentioned shooter, sandbox, puzzle/shooter, RPG and adventure game right? Well on the Wii we had Platformer, Adventure, Puzzler, Fighting, RPG and a FPS in the same length of list. The variety of genres is about the same on both. You're all wrong.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jariw

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Woah, woah, woah, now. Are we getting specific to try and prove an invalid point? Woah.

Grand Theft Auto IV - PEGI 18
Grand Theft Auto V - PEGI 18
BioShock - PEGI 18
The Orange Box - PEGI 16
Mass Effect 2 - PEGI 18
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - PEGI 18
Red Dead Redemption - PEGI 18
Portal 2 - PEGI 12
Batman: Arkham City - PEGI 16
Gears of War - PEGI 18
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - PEGI 18
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - PEGI 16
Halo 3 - PEGI 16
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PEGI 18

I stopped at 94 but I think you get the idea.

So, to be exact, most of these games are not on Nintendo platforms and are of high diversity for the consumer.

I fail to see how these titles represent "high diversity".

jariw

Chrono_Cross

Oh, we're going back to ESRB ratings again, huh?

Grand Theft Auto IV - sandbox
Grand Theft Auto V - sandbox
BioShock - Violent adventure game
The Orange Box - Bundle
Mass Effect 2 - Sci-Fi RPG
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - RPG
Red Dead Redemption - Violent western
Portal 2 - Non-violent puzzle games
Batman: Arkham City - Comic/sandbox game
Gears of War - Gore Fest
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - RPG
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Violent Shooter
Halo 3 - Sci-Fi Shooter
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Violent Shooter

Don't be so ignorant. If Kyuu really looked hard (not just at one GameStop), we wouldn't be having this discussion.

There's a lot of variety on the 360 that doesn't involve the first person perspective or gore. It can't be an age thing since he's 19, but instead of reason, he continues to march blindly as if the console is nothing but paperweight.

Also, those games do not, and should not, represent the console. I only used those games to prove a point.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Dreamz

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Oh, knock it off with the Wii U list. We're not talking about that. Stay on track now.

I'm pretty sure the topic title is "Why is no one buying the Wii U?" It's just as relevant as the XBox360 portion of the discussion. Besides that, I'm not arguing for one side of the matter over any other - I'm simply posting the above lists so that people can see the lists of titles for themselves instead of having to constantly jump over to Metacritic.

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Chrono_Cross

Dreamz wrote:

I'm pretty sure the topic title is "Why is no one buying the Wii U?" It's just as relevant as the XBox360 portion of the discussion. Besides that, I'm not arguing for one side of the matter over any other

You should've made that clear to begin with, guy.

Shouldn't be too hard to remember.

Just for you.

skywake

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Grand Theft Auto IV - sandbox
Grand Theft Auto V - sandbox
BioShock - FPS
The Orange Box - FPS/Puzzler
Mass Effect 2 - RPG
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - RPG
Red Dead Redemption - Sandbox
Portal 2 - Puzzler
Batman: Arkham City - Action-Adventure
Gears of War - Third-Person shooter
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - RPG
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - FPS
Halo 3 - FPS
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - FPS

You're inventing genres, I fixed it for you. If you're going to be as specific as that then basically every game is a new genre. Assassin's Creed 3? Well that was a Historical Action Adventure. Assassin's Creed 4? No, that's a Pirate Action Adventure. Entirely different genres. Right?

Chrono_Cross

skywake wrote:

I don't want to get into this argument because I think it's ridiculous.

Just for you.

skywake

@Chrono_Cross
Indeed, not getting into this argument. I'm merely pointing out that you're all full of it. There's a difference

Chrono_Cross

Nope, the discussion turned to PEGI/ESRB-esque ratings. I wasn't making up genres, I was only specifying why they were rated the way they were.

Learn to read while you're not participating in this discussion.

Just for you.

2Sang

Cobrat wrote:

Help me understand. I bought my Wii U on launch day and it's been the best darn video game console I've owned this generation. Not a single game drought, plenty of third party support, more power than than the XBox 360/PS3 and still no one interested? This doesn't make any sense. This is what everyone was asking for from Nintendo. Why suddenly get all weird and decide it's not enough? What could Nintendo do to that hasn't already been done?

Can't tell if you're trolling or not. The Wii U had one of the worst game droughts of all time, perhaps the weakest launch window ever, has several gimmicks that have been hardly used if used at all such as the NFC/Gamepad/Microphone, has slightly better graphics than last gen's consoles, has virtually no third party support, and hasn't brought any system selling games yet.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

SubBronze

Lack of third party games, game droughts, low power compared to the PS4 and Xbox One, confusing and minimal marketing strategies to entice casual gamers (which for the most part have all gone over to mobile gaming anyway), the list goes on and on.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

kyuubikid213

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Don't be so ignorant. If Kyuu really looked hard (not just at one GameStop), we wouldn't be having this discussion.

There's a lot of variety on the 360 that doesn't involve the first person perspective or gore. It can't be an age thing since he's 19, but instead of reason, he continues to march blindly as if the console is nothing but paperweight.

Also, those games do not, and should not, represent the console. I only used those games to prove a point.

I've bought games for the thing and I went for games that people would know what I was talking about and that people find popular. You know what was recommended to me at GameStop? Fallout 3 (and RPG/Shooter in the first person perspective) and Battlefield 3 (a FPS). I also got Dante's Inferno because I enjoyed it when I got it (hack-and-slash God of War knock off), Dark Souls because it looked unique (an RPG focused on you dying a LOT), and Ninja Gaiden II.

I'll most certainly look harder the next time I go to buy games for my 360. Sure, I'll accept that maybe I didn't look hard enough, but you have to admit that there are a lot of violent, M rated, shooter games on the 360.

HOWEVER, I suppose I should stop talking about this since I promised TBD that I wouldn't derail threads...

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

SkywardLink98

Cobrat wrote:

more power than than the XBox 360/PS3 and still no one interested

Except it's competing with the XboxOne and PS4. That's like saying "My Wii has better graphics than the PS2, so it's a powerhouse!"

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

kyuubikid213

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Cobrat wrote:

more power than than the XBox 360/PS3 and still no one interested

Except it's competing with the XboxOne and PS4. That's like saying "My Wii has better graphics than the PS2, so it's a powerhouse!"

Fixed your quote.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

sub12

Buy a PS4 as your main console, get a Wii U for those Nintendo gems, and you should be happy.

sub12

Jmaster

Let me tell you"
-Horrible name
-Horrible marketing
-Console looks justv like a normal Wii
-No games for the first 6 months
-Very few games after that
-Online functionality from 2005
-Little to no 3rd party or indie support because of PowerPC architecture with a LOWER clock speed than the PS360. Yes, it actually is slower.
-Almost no storage memory
-Low-voltage USB2.0
-Bad value at 300
-Lack of focus. Is it a casual-oriented Wii 2 (Which Wii Party U and the likes suggest) or a console for the core? It can't be both.
Let me reapeat: Horrible marketing

Jmaster

MAB

@WaveBoy Let me tell you something bro, if I wanted to play me some gritty, realistic violence with high end spec graphics I would just throw Crime Patrol on the 3DO

MAB

Chrono_Cross

skywake wrote:

@Chrono_Cross
Then your posts are both unclear AND full of it

Says the guy who's full of it. Can you say irony?

skywake wrote:

I don't want to get into this argument because I think it's ridiculous.

Just for you.

unrandomsam

Jmaster wrote:

Let me tell you"
-Horrible name
-Horrible marketing
-Console looks justv like a normal Wii
-No games for the first 6 months
-Very few games after that
-Online functionality from 2005
-Little to no 3rd party or indie support because of PowerPC architecture with a LOWER clock speed than the PS360. Yes, it actually is slower.
-Almost no storage memory
-Low-voltage USB2.0
-Bad value at 300
-Lack of focus. Is it a casual-oriented Wii 2 (Which Wii Party U and the likes suggest) or a console for the core? It can't be both.
Let me reapeat: Horrible marketing

The lower clockspeed is offset by the more sensible design. (Think Intel Core vs Pentium 4). Problem is even the 360 is not supported properly ever using all three cores in order to enable a cheap and nasty port to the PS3. (Not using the good bits of the PS3 either.)

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.