Wii U Forum

Topic: Why I wont be getting a Wii-U on Launch Day

Showing 41 to 60 of 108

AuthorMessage
Avatar

nickcarney

41. Posted:

I can't wait, there are four retail games I am really excited for; NSMBU, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, and Rayman Legends. Then some eShop titles like Trine 2 and Toki Tori 2. And finally, I'm making a list of Virtual Console games to get (assuming I can play them directly on the GamePad) and hopefully that list will grow even larger should Nintendo decide to support GameCube with the VC. There are also a bunch of games I'm keeping my eye on and will pick up some time down the road as long as they don't suck; Lego City Stories, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Project P-100 (and to a lesser extent ZombiU, everything I've seen so far looks great but you never know). Perhaps the best thing about the WiiU is that all of this will be available within 3 months of launch. I think this Thursday and at TGS, Nintendo will be unveiling games much further down the line that will make the WiiU and even more attractive purchase.

nickcarney

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

42. Posted:

ive convinced my self i'll get one at launch only if theres black or some other colour thats when i'll sucker in and im really looking forward to some games but to name a few its ZombiU and NSMBU :P

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

43. Posted:

I'm getting it at launch no matter what, unless my money burns or something like that happens.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

44. Posted:

I have similar reservations as the OP, in respect to the games I want on the console actually appearing. I need to hear about new games at Direct, not just the Q1 releases. Even if it's another panicked Smash Bros type reveal by the President of the company.

Its funny really, Nintendo have taken a lot of stick over the years for having a predictable software library...but right now, the only thing I feel I can be sure about is Smash Bros HD and Mario Kart HD. Im not even that confident that a 3D Mario will get made, given the clear 'wider demographic' strategy that Nintendo have run with

The OP uses the 'trust' and it's an important word to me that one...I'm a life long Nintendo gamer, from the bit days, and in my eyes, Nintendo neglected too many series' on both the GameCube and Wii. I've been left waiting for games that never come too many times...it would be silly of me to assume that, amongst others, games like F-Zero, Pilotwings and StarFox will actually see the light of day on the U. So I'm not.

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Windy

45. Posted:

Towels I think you and I have similar feelings about this release. I think Nintendos gameplan has been to usher in new gamers instead satisfying it's current group of gamers targeting younger gamers and recently this whole get together in the livingroom with your family and game. I still don't know any families who game this way. Me and my son do game together but my wife and daughter will have none of it. However we do like to have a Bomberman blastem-up every so often. So just like local wifi the family portrait of playing together is more than likely a fail! Here is a question. Do you game together with your family on a regular basis? The idea is a good one for sure.

Edited on by Windy

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Windy

46. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Good for you. I disagree on most points and will be picking up my WiiU with NSMB.U day one. :)

Ha Ha Robb. Oh I plan to get a Wii-U. Im just going to wait it out this time rather than sit through month after, after months of frustration. There is a very slim chance I won't buy the Wii-U. I will determine that as time goes on and in a way if things are not going well for Wii-U I will still have a bit of frustration but not close to what it would have been had I bought the system. The last 2 TV consoles that Nintendo brought have have been very frustrating waiting on certain software. Certainly it shouldnt happen again but its not going to happen to me. Right now I do intend on making the Wii-U my last home console

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

47. Posted:

I don't have time for gaming and probably won't for a while so yeah...

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Windy

48. Posted:

mamp wrote:

I don't have time for gaming and probably won't for a while so yeah...

Huh? I don't get it? Usually if one has time to frequent a messageboard about gaming they probably have time to game

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jack_Package

49. Posted:

Windy wrote:

Towels I think you and I have similar feelings about this release. I think Nintendos gameplan has been to usher in new gamers instead satisfying it's current group of gamers targeting younger gamers and recently this whole get together in the livingroom with your family and game. I still don't know any families who game this way. Me and my son do game together but my wife and daughter will have none of it. However we do like to have a Bomberman blastem-up every so often. So just like local wifi the family portrait of playing together is more than likely a fail! Here is a question. Do you game together with your family on a regular basis? The idea is a good one for sure.

I think we do share a worry that Nintendo is forgetting about its traditional user base. And like most of the people actively looking at their new system, I'm sure, I am a traditional gamer and am interested in the system for traditional games.

I'm not sure the 'Wii owning family' from the adverts actually exists does it? Of course I'm interested in multiplayer gaming though, so I'm willing to go along with the whole asymmetric drive, that said though, I prefer Mario Kart with the girls and Tekken with the lad, anyday

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkLloyd

50. Posted:

Windy wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Good for you. I disagree on most points and will be picking up my WiiU with NSMB.U day one. :)

Ha Ha Robb. Oh I plan to get a Wii-U. Im just going to wait it out this time rather than sit through month after, after months of frustration. There is a very slim chance I won't buy the Wii-U. I will determine that as time goes on and in a way if things are not going well for Wii-U I will still have a bit of frustration but not close to what it would have been had I bought the system. The last 2 TV consoles that Nintendo brought have have been very frustrating waiting on certain software. Certainly it shouldnt happen again but its not going to happen to me. Right now I do intend on making the Wii-U my last home console

now why would this be your last console, your not at deaths door are you? :P cuz that aint cool man not cool at all

DarkLloyd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

randomlypikachu

51. Posted:

unless money starts raining from the sky i wont be getting the Wii U at launch day. I'll probably be getting it on christmas or my birthday.

just a nintendo gamer on a nintendo related site (who wouldve seen that one coming?)
the random user name randomly became a Pikachu.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

scrubbyscum999

52. Posted:

Won't be getting the Wii U until some unspecified time because I want my parents to pay for it. Will probably be sometime next spring for my Bday. The main reason is because I really need to play this 3DS I have in the corner which I don't ave any games for because of Xenoblade and now The Last Story.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mr_Trill281

53. Posted:

i got wii already it plays games i have who needs wii u all its about is look i got wii u it look wack too...

Lets All Keep It "TRILL"...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

54. Posted:

Mr_Trill3506 wrote:

i got wii already it plays games i have who needs wii u all its about is look i got wii u it look wack too...

Good luck playing Pikmin 3, NSMBU, and P-100 on your wii

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mr_Trill281

55. Posted:

dont play those kinda games only play fighting,shooting...

Lets All Keep It "TRILL"...

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

56. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Reala wrote:

I think I will get one eventually but not at launch; any system with the number 1 game seemingly being a NSMB game at launch is a console I think I can hold out on; as soon as Zelda arrives though I'd imagine it'd be hard to resist.

Nothing says 'Hey, We've got a BRAND NEW console with AWESOME Next Generation Graphical Capabilities' like another NSMB game.

Isn't that the truth? :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Windy

57. Posted:

BlackFira wrote:

Windy wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Good for you. I disagree on most points and will be picking up my WiiU with NSMB.U day one. :)

Ha Ha Robb. Oh I plan to get a Wii-U. Im just going to wait it out this time rather than sit through month after, after months of frustration. There is a very slim chance I won't buy the Wii-U. I will determine that as time goes on and in a way if things are not going well for Wii-U I will still have a bit of frustration but not close to what it would have been had I bought the system. The last 2 TV consoles that Nintendo brought have have been very frustrating waiting on certain software. Certainly it shouldnt happen again but its not going to happen to me. Right now I do intend on making the Wii-U my last home console

now why would this be your last console, your not at deaths door are you? :P cuz that aint cool man not cool at all

Well I am getting up there in age. No not near death lol at least not yet. I did have a bit of battle with cancer a few years back. Windy-1 Cancer-0 :) I have been in remission for 3 years at the end of october. Unless Nintendo brings out another console will I more then likely pick up another. I actually had intended the 3ds being my last console as I have really just taken a liking to handheld gaming. I rarely fire up my TV consoles anymore but Last Story has seen alot of play lately and I have began to rethink this last console business. But handheld gaming is definately my gaming of choice

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

58. Posted:

@OP
Cool story bro

I completely disagree with your thoughts on the 3DS. I jumped on the DS bandwagon about when the DS Lite came out which, coincidentally, is about where the 3DS is in its life currently. What games did I have to pick from at the time? Well Mario Kart DS, New SMB, Animal Crossing were the big ones and Brain Training was suddenly the next big thing. Does the 3DS have a better library than the DS did then? I'd say yes. We have Mario Kart and a New SMB but we also have an awesome port of OoT, a new 3D Mario in 3D Land and Kid Icarus. The 3DS had a slow start but at this point it's got a pretty damn solid library.

Comparing the currently library of the 3DS to the end of life library of the DS, which was an RPG magnet, and saying "where's my RPG" is as idiotic as going to a Nintendo fan site and "threatening" Nintendo with not buying their yet-to-be-released next console...... because you're not a huge fan of the amount of games they have on their other consoles....... which you already own...... I'm sure they're shaking in their boots.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

59. Posted:

I paid for my Wii U near the start of the year because I knew I'd be getting it on day one.
There's already more games announced for the launch period than I'm going to be able to afford, so lack of games doesn't seem to be a problem like it was early days with the 3DS (which I do not regret getting at launch).
There hasn't been much announced for after the launch period, but it seems that Nintendo is just being rather secretive and I'm thinking they've probably got quite a bit up their sleeves and I'm pretty excited to find out what it all is.
My end of year break will be starting not long before the Wii U launches so I sure know what I'm doing for my whole holidays.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

60. Posted:

I'll probably pre order mine on Thursday once I know the details

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }