Wii U Forum

Topic: Why has ZombiU got mixed reviews?

Showing 161 to 180 of 196

AuthorMessage

CoffeeWithGames

161. Posted:

Did anybody get this for Christmas? If so, how long have you survived?!

My site, CoffeeWithGames.com!

Nintendo Network ID: Coffees | Twitter: CoffeeWithGames

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

162. Posted:

I died after about an hour or so, and then it sent me to the hideout where zombies were attacking it apparently. I really hope that's because I was supposed to get back there because story before the first character died and not because this happens everytime you get a new character. Because I then died 2 more times within minutes.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

163. Posted:

That happens just once....I'd think.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

164. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I died after about an hour or so, and then it sent me to the hideout where zombies were attacking it apparently. I really hope that's because I was supposed to get back there because story before the first character died and not because this happens everytime you get a new character. Because I then died 2 more times within minutes.

I died twice with my friend when we were playing and I don't think we were attacked by zombies the second time.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

165. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

That's part of the questline, don't worry! I died there, too haha. I like the game. I can see why people hate it if they were expecting a shooter with Zombies, though. You need to approach it with a "slow and steady" sort of mindset, and not so much focus on the guns, but focus on your movement, your supplies, etc.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

Edward_J_Grug_III

166. Posted:

Joystiq just named it the 10th best game of the year! http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/01/joystiq-top-10-of-2012-zombiu/

I think that might have just convinced me to buy it - I often feel Joystiq is less interested in Nintendo than the other two, so I feel like that's a fairly big deal for them!

Edward_J_Grug_III

AuthorMessage

purpleibby

167. Posted:

I don't understand those inital few negative reviews at all(though the tide seems to be turning here because it's a good title).....just got it and it's a great game.

Edited on by purpleibby

purpleibby

AuthorMessage

sanasa

168. Posted:

i got this for christmas with my wii u, but damn it, this game is too scary for me! :P
wish it had online play

sanasa

3DS Friend Code: 1547-6552-4827 | Nintendo Network ID: sanasa | Twitter: Andonismoushis

AuthorMessage

nobyer

169. Posted:

I think it could have been a 'great' game if it wasn't rushed. lack of Finish matches glitch and bug level.

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/383-ZombiU?s=921c6ce21...

Edited on by nobyer

nobyer

AuthorMessage

Cubits

170. Posted:

I'd had this review written for a while, it's done from the perspective of a video account of a survivor. The idea was for the survivor's to carry this kind of thing on them, and it would help to bridge the reality between survivors in the normal mode of the game. So it's a fanfic/review hybrid of sorts. :p

It took me ages to get appropriate footage which avoided spoilers but showed off the game a bit. Not the best editing, but there's a bit of variation in there. At least the recording is of a decent quality.

Also, i had originally recorded the audio in a Bob Hoskins' voice, but the survivor sounded way too capable/badass. Decided to go with a more normal tone, which is less fun, but more appropriate. Oh well... Let me know what y'all think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdkmGbjQ0F8

Cubits

AuthorMessage

nobyer

171. Posted:

the sharp edges on everything give me a headache. zombies teleport in. objective marker disapears. stuck on roof with helicopter_floor level zombie. Its fun . as much as 12 swings required to dispatch a riotgear zombie....

nobyer

AuthorMessage

Cubits

172. Posted:

I've played through normal mode twice, and i'm on my sixth attempt at survival mode (although this time i'm pretty far in). I haven't encountered a single glitch worse than a corpse getting stuck in a door and freaking out.

From what i've read on the official forum, most people reporting "game breaking glitches" seem to just be lost in the levels. "It's not that the ladder didn't load, it's that you're going the wrong way!" :p

And the whole reason zombies take so many swings to kill is to make you anxious about others sneaking up on you. If they're holding up your progress, either avoid them or elect to use a gun.

Cubits

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

173. Posted:

nobyer wrote:

the sharp edges on everything give me a headache. zombies teleport in. objective marker disapears. stuck on roof with helicopter_floor level zombie. Its fun . as much as 12 swings required to dispatch a riotgear zombie....

Are you playing the same game? Seriousl. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Maybe I just don't notice stuff like
sharp edges on everything." I do need to get my glasses fixed, so that is actually entirely possible... but I have yet to see a zombie "teleport in" after 8 hours of play time.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

174. Posted:

the irony is I'm taking a break from the game. Between the lack of an (at least immediate) interesting story and my lack of interest in perma-deaths unless it makes me care more about the story (see: my many FE rants), I lose interest every time I die. It's not my type of gimmick and I'm not a big survival horror guy really.

In theory this is painfully hypocritical but my main point is that poorly made reviews missed the point of what the game was. Outside of my complaints, the game at least does...what it wants to do quite well. I didn't get it expecting a game I was gonna be the biggest fan of, more just to try something new since it was the only non-minigame game taking full advantage of the new controller.

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

175. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

the irony is I'm taking a break from the game. Between the lack of an (at least immediate) interesting story and my lack of interest in perma-deaths unless it makes me care more about the story (see: my many FE rants), I lose interest every time I die. It's not my type of gimmick and I'm not a big survival horror guy really.

In theory this is painfully hypocritical but my main point is that poorly made reviews missed the point of what the game was. Outside of my complaints, the game at least does...what it wants to do quite well. I didn't get it expecting a game I was gonna be the biggest fan of, more just to try something new since it was the only non-minigame game taking full advantage of the new controller.

It's awesome that you can admit you don't like the game, but still give it the nod for doing "what it wants to do quite well." Very mature of you. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

176. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It's awesome that you can admit you don't like the game, but still give it the nod for doing "what it wants to do quite well." Very mature of you. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Thank you, but I wouldn't say I don't like the game. More kinda "meh" towards it. It's interesting enough and kinda fun at times I guess. It just becomes too frustrating for me when I lose character after character.

AuthorMessage

Kezins

177. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Gamespot 4.5 out of 10
Game Informer 5/10
IGN 6.3 out of 10
Gamesmaster 97%
Eurogamer 9/10

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. :(

Can anyone explain why this game has got so much mixed reviews overall? Could it be that some reviewers have been payed to give it high scores?

Thing is you have to find places that generally have reviews you agree with. For the most part, the vast majority of game reviews are garbage.

Kezins

Twitter: kezins

AuthorMessage

Grubdog

178. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

That's the whole reason you're dying, you're not engaged. The atmosphere is in the surroundings, the situation, NOT some textbook story script (though I did find the story very interesting, such a bizarre take on it). Lose your concentration and make a bad call, and you're dead. That's why people love and hate this game.

pietriots.com - where serious gamers have fun with their puppies

Nintendo Network ID: GRUBDOG | Twitter: ChrisTansley

AuthorMessage

GuyMan

179. Posted:

fortius54 wrote:

Okay, IGN give this game a 6.3, and then they put it on the underappreciated games of 2012. That doesn't make any sense to me unless it says, "We played this a little longer and realized its a real good game."

Greg Miller, IGN's local Sony fanboy, reviewed it. #Notbiasedatall

GuyMan

AuthorMessage

GuyMan

180. Posted:

A 77 on Metacritic indicates that it has positive reviews. ZombiU has been very well received for how niche it is. Though I think it deserves an 87 at the least considering it's the best Wii U game out now next to Assassin's Creed III, Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Darksiders II, Mass Effect 3: Special Edition, & Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.

GuyMan