Wii U Forum

Topic: Why does the Wii U get so much hate?

Showing 61 to 80 of 202

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PilksUK

61. Posted:

midnafanboy wrote:

@PilksUK Yeah splatoon was totally announced during the launch of the Wiiu,how can anyone forget that announcement.

I said some of them had been..... and to be honest forgot all about splatoon as its not something I would play.

@kkslider5552000 Not something to brag about a console that has been out almost two years out selling a console been out 10 months by a few million... I'm a huge fan of the WII U and have purchased multiple consoles as presents but even I have just about given up on it and just waiting for Nintendo to announce a new console.

Edited on by PilksUK

PilksUK

3DS Friend Code: 5258-1185-3117 | Nintendo Network ID: PilksUK

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R_Champ

62. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Because until this recent e3, it was the worst console of all-time or at the very least recent memory. There was no zelda, smaller franchises like starfox metroid and kirby, no must-have game everyone was talking about aside from MK8 which was just recently released as well, and virtually no third party support.

You make it sound like something has changed for the WII U during this E3? wait did Nintendo even attend E3 this year? ( I know they did but was completely overshadowed by Sony and MS) the content they had at E3 had already been announced some of the games there has been announced during the WII U;s launch.....

You mean the E3 where they were trending more than everyone else at E3 or the one where since then they've been outselling the Xbox One E3?

LOL, yeah, that one.

Certain people may prefer what MS and Sony showed at this year's E3 (everyone has different tastes) but c'mon...

-Most original presentation
-Best follow-up days: Treehouse events
-Best fighting game: Smash Bros.
-Best JRPGs: Xenoblade Chronicles X (& Project STEAM to a lesser extent) People may still drool FF and KH, but they're dead inside...I guess you could say...they're Heartless...hehehe
-Best 3D Beat-em-up: Bayonetta 2
-Best Action/Adventure game: Zelda Wii U
-Best puzzle game: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

and last but NOT least

-Most ORIGINAL/CREATIVE game (remember when we all didn't just buy CoD and FF mindlessly?): Splatoon

Yep, Sony and MS smoked Nintendo at E3...

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zinix

63. Posted:

The Wii U gets as much as hate it does simply because of the Wii name. It's simple as that. It's associated with casual gaming, Nintendo should of definitely named it something else.

Zinix

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JaxonH

64. Posted:

PilksUK wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Because until this recent e3, it was the worst console of all-time or at the very least recent memory. There was no zelda, smaller franchises like starfox metroid and kirby, no must-have game everyone was talking about aside from MK8 which was just recently released as well, and virtually no third party support.

You make it sound like something has changed for the WII U during this E3? wait did Nintendo even attend E3 this year? ( I know they did but was completely overshadowed by Sony and MS) the content they had at E3 had already been announced some of the games there has been announced during the WII U;s launch.....

??? Did you even watch E3? Everyone from one corner of the internet to the other felt Nintendo blew it out the water. Even IGN polls and YouTube sites like Review Tech USA reveal the majority feels Nintendo "won" E3. Sony and MS got on a stage, and broadcast over the internet their presentation. Nintendo broadcast an E3 presentation over the internet all the same, it just wasn't live, though they DID broadcast Smash Tournament live. I don't understand why people think that's any different. In fact, the live presentations got out shadowed by Nintendo so badly, Sony and MS reportedly are changing their presentations next year. Viewers voted Nintendon 2:1 as having the best E3 this year. Nintendo also had the most booths and the largest presence, and continue dropping bombs for 72 hours after their presentation. Even my grandmother knows Nintendo won E3 this year, and she lives under a rock!

So ya, EVERYTHING changed for Nintendo this E3. Sales immediately skyrocketed, and have been holding steady ever since. And I'm not just saying that as a Nintendo fan. I buy Sony consoles day one, Vita and PS4. Even own an X1. But honest to God truth is Nintendo stole the spotlight this E3. Everyone was talking about it. Even Sony fan sites like Push Square reported on Nintendo's dominance. Just sayin, I don't understand how you could be under the impression that they were overshadowed. Not sure where you got your news from, but if they didn't tell you about the Nintendo blowout I'd consider finding another news source. It's being hailed as one of the finest E3 presentations in the last two decades

CURRENTLY PLAYING
3DS: Super Smash Bros.......Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
WII U: Bayonetta 2........Hyrule Warriors
VITA: Rayman Origins..........Final Fantasy X-2
PS4: Shadow of Mordor........Legend of Korra
X1: Project Spark
Wii: Metroid Other M........Zelda Skyward Sword

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tanookisuit

65. Posted:

E3 presentation being the best? Who cares other then very die hard gaming media consumers which are few and far between. They could have given out free games, alcohol, and women and it wouldn't have changed things. :)

They get the hate from the industry because they won't make hardware up to spec needed to get the games they want and they're rude about it too at Nintendo not helping with kits, helping with development, and saying do it our way with our hardware or go away basically. Then you get the media/gamer hate because one after another thing doesn't come out, the game makers leak out stories how they would have done this or that if Nintendo would have played ball, and then you get all the modern or future telling doom and gloom stories painting a horrible picture going forward so it ends up being hated all around by most people other than die hard Nintendo fans who see little to no fault in their methods and love their IPs so they don't care and the gaming media, game makers, and game players on the whole do have an issue.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://http://tanooki.home.insightbb.com/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

2Sang

66. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Because until this recent e3, it was the worst console of all-time or at the very least recent memory. There was no zelda, smaller franchises like starfox metroid and kirby, no must-have game everyone was talking about aside from MK8 which was just recently released as well, and virtually no third party support.

You make it sound like something has changed for the WII U during this E3? wait did Nintendo even attend E3 this year? ( I know they did but was completely overshadowed by Sony and MS) the content they had at E3 had already been announced some of the games there has been announced during the WII U;s launch.....

You mean the E3 where they were trending more than everyone else at E3 or the one where since then they've been outselling the Xbox One E3?

Trending isn't always a good thing just so you know. When bieber got arrested he was trending. Don't try and tell me that e3 2013 was a good year for nintendo. They got blown out of the water by ps4 and even xbone who might as well have been selling boxed AIDS. This year, now THAT was a good year for nintendo. Last year yeahlolno. Not even close. Especially since NOA destroyed the hype of mario 3d world and mk8 by telling us way ahead of time via twitter.

There was a reason Iwata was being considered to be fired until just recently.

Please undastanding since 2012.
Shadow4SSB4 is the greatest person in the history of the internet. May god have mercy on his poor soul and also tell sakurai to add shadow, silver, and big the cat to smash.

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter: DJ2Sang

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

67. Posted:

People just don't understand it. Even if Wii U had Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed as exclusives, people(specifically fans of whatever else) still wouldn't buy it. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who thinks Wii U is "weak" or "inferior" is automatically out of the discussion.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

68. Posted:

2Sang wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Because until this recent e3, it was the worst console of all-time or at the very least recent memory. There was no zelda, smaller franchises like starfox metroid and kirby, no must-have game everyone was talking about aside from MK8 which was just recently released as well, and virtually no third party support.

You make it sound like something has changed for the WII U during this E3? wait did Nintendo even attend E3 this year? ( I know they did but was completely overshadowed by Sony and MS) the content they had at E3 had already been announced some of the games there has been announced during the WII U;s launch.....

You mean the E3 where they were trending more than everyone else at E3 or the one where since then they've been outselling the Xbox One E3?

Trending isn't always a good thing just so you know. When bieber got arrested he was trending. Don't try and tell me that e3 2013 was a good year for nintendo. They got blown out of the water by ps4 and even xbone who might as well have been selling boxed AIDS. This year, now THAT was a good year for nintendo. Last year yeahlolno. Not even close. Especially since NOA destroyed the hype of mario 3d world and mk8 by telling us way ahead of time via twitter.

There was a reason Iwata was being considered to be fired until just recently.

He was talking about this year's E3 (not 2013's).

He was responding to the comment posted by @PilksUK, who suggested that Nintendo was dead last a this year's E3.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

69. Posted:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

DualWielding wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The Wii U has terrible value and worst features compared to even the last generation of consoles. That's even factoring in paying for Xbox live and PS+.

So true... region lock and the fact you cannot retrieve your digital games if your console breaks without contacting Nintendo's customer support are deal breakers for me

-Nintendo has an account system. Requiring customer services is just their way of stopping people reporting a console stolen so they can duplicate their library. If making one phonecall to restore £££££ of games if they get stolen is a big enough worry to not buy a product then you might as well not buy anything.
-Is it really so easy to restore purchases to a brand new PS3? I had to phone Sony when I did it because it refused to transfer my entire PSN history to my new slim model.
-Region lock is slightly annoying but there's never been a generation where region lock completely stopped people playing games from other regions.
-Wii U has excellent features and offers excellent value in areas the other consoles don't. £300 at launch seems overpriced but its current price £200 with an excellent game is pretty decent. Sony are charging almost full price for streaming games to PS4 instead of offering backwards compatibility. The gamepad exponentially extends playing time for most people. Free online doesn't seem to affect the most important aspect either which is the lag and even CoD is less laggy on Wii U than on PS360.

-But its BS because Mircosoft and Sony's and every other account system is easier. Wouldn't it be easier to just allow you to have acertain amount of costumes hooked into your NNID.

-I'm unsure about Sony, but on the xbox one all I did was re login into my gamertag and was able to pull down all my games and cloud saves.

-The free online is pretty terrible with no system wide chat or party system. The Wii U ha no pre-order or Pre-loading system like the new consoles has. With PSN and XBL you get new games every month to play as well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Yellowtails

70. Posted:

The Wii U can't escape the Wii name. No matter how far it runs. Never.

Yellowtails

AuthorMessage
Avatar

arnoldlayne83

71. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

DualWielding wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

The Wii U has terrible value and worst features compared to even the last generation of consoles. That's even factoring in paying for Xbox live and PS+.

So true... region lock and the fact you cannot retrieve your digital games if your console breaks without contacting Nintendo's customer support are deal breakers for me

-Nintendo has an account system. Requiring customer services is just their way of stopping people reporting a console stolen so they can duplicate their library. If making one phonecall to restore £££££ of games if they get stolen is a big enough worry to not buy a product then you might as well not buy anything.
-Is it really so easy to restore purchases to a brand new PS3? I had to phone Sony when I did it because it refused to transfer my entire PSN history to my new slim model.
-Region lock is slightly annoying but there's never been a generation where region lock completely stopped people playing games from other regions.
-Wii U has excellent features and offers excellent value in areas the other consoles don't. £300 at launch seems overpriced but its current price £200 with an excellent game is pretty decent. Sony are charging almost full price for streaming games to PS4 instead of offering backwards compatibility. The gamepad exponentially extends playing time for most people. Free online doesn't seem to affect the most important aspect either which is the lag and even CoD is less laggy on Wii U than on PS360.

-But its BS because Mircosoft and Sony's and every other account system is easier. Wouldn't it be easier to just allow you to have acertain amount of costumes hooked into your NNID.

-I'm unsure about Sony, but on the xbox one all I did was re login into my gamertag and was able to pull down all my games and cloud saves.

-The free online is pretty terrible with no system wide chat or party system. The Wii U ha no pre-order or Pre-loading system like the new consoles has. With PSN and XBL you get new games every month to play as well.

agree with you, the online is free, and that's good, but extremely basic.... no way to jump into a game on fly, u need to start the game, go through menus and maybe be then able to reach ur friends (even if 50% of the time got disconnected....).

I am seeing these days with psn, no matter what u r doing, u got friend messages and u r able to organize a match so fast! and no need to go through miiverse of any sort to write to someone, you can do it in game....

not taking to the cloud saves, very handful... i have no fear of losing savegames anymore for any possible failure....

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

72. Posted:

Because of the Wii name. For the vast majority of gamers, Wii=for kids, and therefore most of your 18+ market wants nothing to do with it. Nintendo's games are ridiculously fun, and I have literally sat down with friends almost 30 years of age and had a blast playing Wii U games, but they'll still refuse to buy the thing. They'll even ADMIT, while they're playing, that they're having more fun with it than with most of the samey games they have sitting on their Xbox/PS harddrive ... but they still won't buy one.

So, yea. The name, I think. And once your brand name takes on a persona, there's very little you can do to reverse that image in the mass market.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sub12

73. Posted:

The Wii U was named at a really awkward time, 2011, and in retrospect, 2010 was a good year for the Wii, it already had somewhat of a negative stigma, but it was still selling respectfully, despite being on the decline, and it had a good amount of stellar titles during that year. Also, remember, motion control gaming was still a movement in the industry as a whole, the Kinect and Move had just been released in late 2010 to monster sales.

2011 the Wii kinda rolled over and died, but I understand why they kept the Wii U name, because everything was occurring at the same time,.........the Wii was in free fall (just starting) while finishing touches on the Wii U were being made.

A number of articles have come out stating that there was serious internal discussions within Nintendo during early 2012 to change the name of the Wii U to something new and independent of the previous generation, but in the end they kept it.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

74. Posted:

"Because people are stupid enough to waste their time hating on a video game console for any real amount of time" should be the default answer.

Also, yes...Nintendo outselling the overmarketed, price dropped Xbox One with literally NOTHING coming out retail in months is a strong sign for how Nintendo has been doing lately. If almost as unfair as PS4 dominating with an insulting lack of worthwhile exclusives. (but neither of them had active contempt for you as a customer, so **** Microsoft in both regards)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

75. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

"Because people are stupid enough to waste their time hating on a video game console for any real amount of time" should be the default answer.

Also, yes...Nintendo outselling the overmarketed, price dropped Xbox One with literally NOTHING coming out retail in months is a strong sign for how Nintendo has been doing lately. If almost as unfair as PS4 dominating with an insulting lack of worthwhile exclusives. (but neither of them had active contempt for you as a customer, so **** Microsoft in both regards)

So the new console war is a comedy of errors.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

76. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

"Because people are stupid enough to waste their time hating on a video game console for any real amount of time" should be the default answer.

Also, yes...Nintendo outselling the overmarketed, price dropped Xbox One with literally NOTHING coming out retail in months is a strong sign for how Nintendo has been doing lately. If almost as unfair as PS4 dominating with an insulting lack of worthwhile exclusives. (but neither of them had active contempt for you as a customer, so **** Microsoft in both regards)

So the new console war is a comedy of errors.

That's actually a good way to put it.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

gage_wolf

77. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

People just don't understand it. Even if Wii U had Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed as exclusives, people(specifically fans of whatever else) still wouldn't buy it. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who thinks Wii U is "weak" or "inferior" is automatically out of the discussion.

I think you are trying to defend Nintendo but your point works the other way. The fact that people arent buying Assassin's Creed and CoD on Wii U is because Nintendo cant manage to attract consumers outside the Nintendo faithful. That's a problem for Nintendo, not the consumer. This sort of arrogant stance against popular games like CoD and people being wrong for be interested in graphics is getting childish.

gage_wolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kereke12

78. Posted:

JaxonH wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Because until this recent e3, it was the worst console of all-time or at the very least recent memory. There was no zelda, smaller franchises like starfox metroid and kirby, no must-have game everyone was talking about aside from MK8 which was just recently released as well, and virtually no third party support.

You make it sound like something has changed for the WII U during this E3? wait did Nintendo even attend E3 this year? ( I know they did but was completely overshadowed by Sony and MS) the content they had at E3 had already been announced some of the games there has been announced during the WII U;s launch.....

??? Did you even watch E3? Everyone from one corner of the internet to the other felt Nintendo blew it out the water. Even IGN polls and YouTube sites like Review Tech USA reveal the majority feels Nintendo "won" E3. Sony and MS got on a stage, and broadcast over the internet their presentation. Nintendo broadcast an E3 presentation over the internet all the same, it just wasn't live, though they DID broadcast Smash Tournament live. I don't understand why people think that's any different. In fact, the live presentations got out shadowed by Nintendo so badly, Sony and MS reportedly are changing their presentations next year. Viewers voted Nintendon 2:1 as having the best E3 this year. Nintendo also had the most booths and the largest presence, and continue dropping bombs for 72 hours after their presentation. Even my grandmother knows Nintendo won E3 this year, and she lives under a rock!

So ya, EVERYTHING changed for Nintendo this E3. Sales immediately skyrocketed, and have been holding steady ever since. And I'm not just saying that as a Nintendo fan. I buy Sony consoles day one, Vita and PS4. Even own an X1. But honest to God truth is Nintendo stole the spotlight this E3. Everyone was talking about it. Even Sony fan sites like Push Square reported on Nintendo's dominance. Just sayin, I don't understand how you could be under the impression that they were overshadowed. Not sure where you got your news from, but if they didn't tell you about the Nintendo blowout I'd consider finding another news source. It's being hailed as one of the finest E3 presentations in the last two decades

But then again 3rd-parties are abandoning the Wii U & the only reason why now people are buying the Wii U is because of the games they announced. Like Zelda U & Starfox — Mostly Mario Kart 8 & others on the line-up that are coming out and that's the problem with the Wii U, people are buying Wii U for 1st-parties titles & it shouldn't be that way. It should be 1st & 3rd parties, Not just one on Nintendo. But then again us Nintendo hardcores are Ok with that. --- Everyone's favorite catchphrase. "Please Understand". & where's Nintendo in all this no where to be found. "NINTENDO WHERE ARE YOU, WHERE ARE, WE NEED YOU!!!!!" — See no where to be found.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kereke12

79. Posted:

& the reason why Nintendo is being hated so much is because of one person — Mr. Satora Iwata. I'm going to be honest here, I Love Nintendo, big diehard ever since i was a kid and still am but Mr. Iwata doesn't seem to be doing his job very good job at the matter of 3rd parties support. That's the way I feel, he's not doing his job. Its his fault that us Nintendo owners don't see 3rd-parties games that we have to result to other platforms. I stand by on what I just said. HE'S NOT DOING HIS JOB!!!

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

80. Posted:

gage_wolf wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

People just don't understand it. Even if Wii U had Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed as exclusives, people(specifically fans of whatever else) still wouldn't buy it. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who thinks Wii U is "weak" or "inferior" is automatically out of the discussion.

I think you are trying to defend Nintendo but your point works the other way. The fact that people arent buying Assassin's Creed and CoD on Wii U is because Nintendo cant manage to attract consumers outside the Nintendo faithful. That's a problem for Nintendo, not the consumer. This sort of arrogant stance against popular games like CoD and people being wrong for be interested in graphics is getting childish.

I'm not criticising graphics or CoD. I'm saying that people would still buy PS4 even if it didn't have CoD, or even if had worse graphics, so what does any of this matter about?

$¢@®³’²