Wii U Forum

Topic: Why does Nintendo hate me?

Showing 21 to 40 of 41

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Le_Gazman

21. Posted:

willobee wrote:

Le_Gazman wrote:

My post is about the fact that I take issue with the way things work with nintendo online purchases.

Oh okay, well then this is really simple.

Don't purchase any online games from Nintendo and you won't have these issues. Don't like it, don't use it. Vote with your money and all that jazz.

I intend to. I'd much rather they went with the times but I shall be voting with my money as you say. I'm venting because I'm a bit disappointed that I have to though.

Le_Gazman

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7758-7591 | Nintendo Network ID: le_gazman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

22. Posted:

Le_Gazman wrote:

willobee wrote:

And Nintendo told everyone that to keep your Wii games, you need to keep your Wii until at least you have a WiiU. It is information that was made readily available, and beyond that simple logic dictates that you needed the Wii since there is no account system to track purchases.

There's this thing called a club nintendo account which tracks everything you buy and even prompts you to submit surveys on those purchases, so I don't accept your argument.

Your theory about Club Nintendo is just that.
Remember by purchasing their system and products you are actively supporting their current distribution method. Of course consumer feedback is another currency they accept; but for you to plead ignorance and point fingers elsewhere... that's irresponsible at this point.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Le_Gazman

23. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Making your own mistakes doesn't mean Nintendo has some sort of grudge against you.

This is the part I find interesting. It's the fact that the system is so obtuse. Nintendo claim not to have the ability to tie the purchases together but that's clearly nonsense in this day and age, so the only thing I can conclude is that they don't want to.

Which is a shame.

Le_Gazman

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7758-7591 | Nintendo Network ID: le_gazman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

24. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Actually, buying the games online gives you the game. The license and the game are the same thing. The game is useless without the license, and a license is useless without a game. You literally have Nintendo cartridges on your console. If you sell the console, you lose all of your cartridges.

This is a terrible analogy.

Real physical cartridges, I'm going to keep those until I either repurchase a console or find buyers on eBay.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

25. Posted:

@Le_Gazman
Nintendo is with the times by not needing to rely on internet and account systems as much as other companies.
If you have the content on your console, you have your account right there. You basically got rid of you account from anything before that point in time. You deleted your account by selling the console.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Le_Gazman

26. Posted:

Optimist_Prime wrote:

Le_Gazman wrote:

willobee wrote:

And Nintendo told everyone that to keep your Wii games, you need to keep your Wii until at least you have a WiiU. It is information that was made readily available, and beyond that simple logic dictates that you needed the Wii since there is no account system to track purchases.

There's this thing called a club nintendo account which tracks everything you buy and even prompts you to submit surveys on those purchases, so I don't accept your argument.

Your theory about Club Nintendo is just that.
Remember by purchasing their system and products you are actively supporting their current distribution method. Of course consumer feedback is another currency they accept; but for you to plead ignorance and point fingers elsewhere... that's irresponsible at this point.

Club nintendo is real, as is the large amount of data they own on my purchasing habits as a result. My ignorance on the transfer process is also real, since they announced it after I traded in my Wii and preordered my Wii U. I thought I was being clever keeping the SD card just in case they refused to let me re-download the games.

Le_Gazman

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7758-7591 | Nintendo Network ID: le_gazman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

27. Posted:

Optimist_Prime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Actually, buying the games online gives you the game. The license and the game are the same thing. The game is useless without the license, and a license is useless without a game. You literally have Nintendo cartridges on your console. If you sell the console, you lose all of your cartridges.

This is a terrible analogy.

Real physical cartridges, I'm going to keep those until I either repurchase a console or find buyers on eBay.

This is only a terrible analogy if you look at PAST consoles that actually had cartridges. As far as I'm concerned, all the games you buy digitally are basically cartridges always plugged into your console.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

28. Posted:

Le_Gazman wrote:

The transfer process was announced after I traded my Wii in. Wasn't much use knowing after the fact.

Oh well then I'm sorry you're right. Nintendo should have announced it the day before you decided to trade in your Wii U. I mean, it's not like they couldn't have anticipated that one of their customers was going to trade in their Wii, no they just hated you so much that they waited till after you traded your Wii. I'm sorry about what happened but your gonna have to deal with your decision to trade in your Wii.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Le_Gazman

29. Posted:

Nintendo know full well what I've bought, but just can't be bothered giving me my games on Wii U. This is from their own website when I login. Looks like most of my VC purchases are in there:

My Registered Games & Systems
87 Items Sort by: Items per page:

Wii Street U powered by Google

registered: 16/02/2013 Claim Stars for this download.
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

registered: 25/12/2012
Nintendo Land

registered: 25/12/2012
3D Classics Kid Icarus

registered: 21/12/2012 Claim Stars for this download.
ZombiU

registered: 30/11/2012
New Super Mario Bros. U

registered: 30/11/2012
ZombiU Premium Pack (Black)

registered: 30/11/2012
New Super Mario Bros. 2

registered: 19/08/2012
Super Mario Land™ 2: 6 Golden Coins™

registered: 28/06/2012
Super Mario Land™

registered: 22/06/2012
Kid Icarus: Uprising

registered: 24/03/2012
Donkey Kong Country Returns

registered: 09/03/2012
Resident Evil™ Revelations

registered: 31/01/2012
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Limited Edition Pack (Game + CD + Wii Remote Plus)

registered: 25/12/2011
SUPER MARIO 3D LAND

registered: 25/12/2011
Nintendo Letter Box

registered: 22/12/2011 Claim Stars for this download.
EUROSPORT

registered: 15/12/2011 Claim Stars for this download.
Star Fox 64 3D

registered: 25/09/2011
Monster Hunter Tri

registered: 23/08/2011
METROID: Other M

registered: 11/08/2011
Nintendo Video

registered: 13/07/2011 Claim Stars for this download.
Pokédex™ 3D

registered: 08/07/2011 Claim Stars for this download.
nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends

registered: 07/07/2011
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

registered: 28/06/2011
Nintendo 3DS

registered: 28/06/2011
3D Classics Excitebike™

registered: 28/06/2011 Claim Stars for this download.
Kirby TV Channel

registered: 23/06/2011
Super Mario Galaxy 2

registered: 26/06/2010
Super Mario Kart™

registered: 02/04/2010
Muscle March

registered: 20/03/2010
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

registered: 25/12/2009
BBC iPlayer

registered: 18/11/2009
Today and Tomorrow Channel

registered: 09/09/2009
Flipnote Studio

registered: 14/08/2009
Mario Kart Wii

registered: 29/06/2009
PUNCH-OUT!!

registered: 29/06/2009
Elite Beat Agents

registered: 16/05/2009
Rhythm Paradise

registered: 08/05/2009
DSi

registered: 01/05/2009
WarioWare: Snapped!

registered: 01/05/2009
Nintendo DSi Browser

registered: 01/05/2009
Super Punch-Out!!™

registered: 26/03/2009
Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old is Your Brain?

registered: 19/07/2008
Nintendo Channel

registered: 30/05/2008
Wii Fit

registered: 02/05/2008
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

registered: 01/01/2008
Blades of Steel™

registered: 27/12/2007
Resident Evil : The Umbrella Chronicles

registered: 26/12/2007
Lylat Wars™

registered: 26/12/2007
Bomberman® '93

registered: 18/12/2007
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time™

registered: 18/12/2007
Link's Crossbow Training

registered: 12/12/2007
Photo Channel

registered: 11/12/2007
Super Mario Galaxy

registered: 23/11/2007
Super Mario Bros.™ 3

registered: 12/11/2007
Mii Contest Channel

registered: 12/11/2007
Sin and Punishment

registered: 28/09/2007
Ninja Gaiden™

registered: 21/09/2007
Super Mario Bros.™: The Lost Levels™

registered: 19/09/2007
Super Paper Mario

registered: 14/09/2007
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition

registered: 24/07/2007
Big Brain Academy for Wii

registered: 24/07/2007
Paper Mario™

registered: 14/07/2007
Super Mario Bros. 2™

registered: 26/05/2007
Excite Truck

registered: 05/05/2007
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™

registered: 31/03/2007
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®

registered: 19/03/2007
Everybody Votes Channel

registered: 14/02/2007
WarioWare: Smooth Moves

registered: 20/01/2007
Super Mario Bros.™

registered: 12/01/2007
Internet Channel

registered: 22/12/2006
Sonic the Hedgehog™

registered: 20/12/2006
Wii Sports

registered: 08/12/2006
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

registered: 08/12/2006
Wii

registered: 08/12/2006
Mario Kart DS

registered: 26/11/2005
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

registered: 18/11/2005
Super Mario 64 DS

registered: 27/06/2005
Yoshi Touch & Go

registered: 27/06/2005
Nintendo DS

registered: 27/06/2005
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

registered: 07/05/2003
Metroid Prime

registered: 21/03/2003
Super Mario Sunshine

registered: 15/11/2002
Luigi's Mansion

registered: 01/07/2002
Super Smash Bros. Melee

registered: 01/07/2002
Wave Race: Blue Storm

registered: 01/07/2002
Nintendo GameCube

registered: 29/06/2002

Edited on by theblackdragon

Le_Gazman

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7758-7591 | Nintendo Network ID: le_gazman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

30. Posted:

And a police officer could know full well that you passed the driving test but if you don't have your license (Your original Wii) then he's gonna have to give you a ticket.

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Le_Gazman

31. Posted:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

And a police men could know full well that you passed the driving test but if you don't have your license (Your original Wii) then he's gonna have to give you a ticket.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Mickey.

Le_Gazman

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7758-7591 | Nintendo Network ID: le_gazman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

32. Posted:

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

33. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Optimist_Prime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Actually, buying the games online gives you the game. The license and the game are the same thing. The game is useless without the license, and a license is useless without a game. You literally have Nintendo cartridges on your console. If you sell the console, you lose all of your cartridges.

This is a terrible analogy.

Real physical cartridges, I'm going to keep those until I either repurchase a console or find buyers on eBay.

This is only a terrible analogy if you look at PAST consoles that actually had cartridges. As far as I'm concerned, all the games you buy digitally are basically cartridges always plugged into your console.

By invoking the name "cartridge" you are necessarily talking about past technology. When you borrow a term with specific connotations you have to be aware of the image you are creating in the reader's mind. Absent is the historic discussion surrounding the two formats which has caused distinct pros and cons to emerge, marking a clear delineation for the buyer.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

34. Posted:

The games on your idevices are just shovelware as if anyone was ever gonna buy angry birds over & over again... You're paying for quality classic games on VC ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mickey

35. Posted:

Le_Gazman wrote:

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

And a police men could know full well that you passed the driving test but if you don't have your license (Your original Wii) then he's gonna have to give you a ticket.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Mickey.

You sold your license so you have to pay a fee.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Galaxy Bio (by Dark-Luigi!)

If we've gotten into an argument, it's okay. I'm probably not holding a grudge against you. Why? Because I like you!

Whoomp! There it is! -God, when he created the universe.

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat | Twitter: TheMercuryMouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

36. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Le_Gazman
Nintendo is with the times by not needing to rely on internet and account systems as much as other companies.
If you have the content on your console, you have your account right there. You basically got rid of you account from anything before that point in time. You deleted your account by selling the console.

If you don't have Internet you wouldn't have these games anyway so your point makes no sense. There is no reason for Nintendo to restrict games to my consoles like this with Wii U. I haven't transferrd my Wii to Wii U because I like the gamecube controller for N64 games and some Wii games. Systems that allow you to just download games are much more convenient and prevent you from losing games if your console breaks. Nintendo is behind the times here.

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

37. Posted:

Look at it this way...

Sony: DL a PSone Classic on your PS3, and you get it on your Vita as well, for no additional charge. (applies in vice versa, as well)

Apple: DL a game app on your iPad, and you get it on your iPod Touch and/or iPhone as well, for no additional charge. (applies in vice versa, as well)

Nintendo: DL a VC game on your Wii U, and you'll have to pay for it again if you want it on your 3DS. (in vice versa, as well)

Of course, Nintendo isn't in the wrong in doing business this way (they are a corporation, and as such, their top priority is making as much money as possible), but as Nintendo fans, can you honestly say that your not even slightly dissapointed in the fact that they don't offer the same service as their competitors?

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

38. Posted:

Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 25 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 13 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Zombie_Barioth

39. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Sony: DL a PSone Classic on your PS3, and you get it on your Vita as well, for no additional charge. (applies in vice versa, as well)

They also work on the PSP, which brings the total to 3 separate consoles that allow you to play games cross-platform no matter when or where you bought them.

The fact is that Nintendo has had plenty of time to figure out how to get a unified account system to work, and even announced they're going to share resources between the Wii U and 3DS. They have no other reason than they simply don't want to, which is fine seeing as its their company and all but they have no valid excuse when every other company from Amazon to Valve manages to do so just fine.

@MickeyTheGreat The only way your analogy would work if if you said the police has all your info on record but refuses to acknowledge it without seeing your license first, which would only fly due to being the law and would be ridiculous in any other situation.

Edited on by Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bbking1

40. Posted:

Nintendo has a differnt system. They still have millions of users. It is just a form of DRM.

look. I have an android phone. i played world of goo on it (wii has the best version though). Then i borrowed (actually to try to repair it) a relative;s galaxy tablet. so i wanted to see how the game feels like on a tablet. i logged it and downloaded it. voila. but ahoy - now the tablet is back to its owners. we both play the game. she? for free, never paid a dime for about 20 Games.

now whats your solution exactly for nintendo? they already have 50 million downloaded pirated torrents. how will u prevent abuse?

being connected all the time to the internet and seeing that tgere are never two accounts togetger? terrible and imperfect. limiting the number of uses to 3? 5? 10?seriously thats your suggestion?? any other great ideas?

just because nintendo tries to face the problem heads on and theres no perfecrt solution doesnt make it wrong. there is no way to protect 10000s of expensive dled games given freely even by casuals to each other and to all the kids and whatnot. if you have a better way theyll listen up.

but please dont just pretend there is no logic or reasoning behind what theryre doing.

bbking1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.