Wii U Forum

Topic: Why are you so certain Wii U will catch fire, and that it won't be a failure?

Showing 41 to 60 of 129

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

41. Posted:

It looks like it could be scaled, so I guess it's a matter of devs/pubs deciding to bother or not.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HeatBombastic

42. Posted:

mariobro4 wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Can Wii U handle Unreal 4?

Yep, after Unreal maker retracted it's statement saying that it can't.
Worst April fools prank ever.

SCALABILITY, YAY!!

NNID: HeatBombastic

Haaaave fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

43. Posted:

The Wii U will be fine, and it's not because of being fanboyish, or lying.
All the companies were being douchbags. If you fell for it, then that's your deal.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

44. Posted:

biglittlejake wrote:

IF EA is the worst company why do they come out with the most popular games? I know EA is poorly rated by it's employees but I talking about the games and system.

Your logic is flawed, the same could be applied to your own argument.

If Nintendo would be crap, how come they come out with the most popular games? (NSMB: 30m, Mario Kart: W: 34m, AC:New Leaf: 3,5m etc. etc. etc.)

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

biglittlejake

45. Posted:

19Robb92 You are wrong. Those games you listed are top games for Nintendo not for covering 3DS, Vita, 360, PS3, and Wii U. I was talking about overall most popular. You guys are too much of fanboys. (My family had a NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2. I had a 64, GC, WII, WII U, PS3. I had a PS3 because I got sick of this games. After playing them for two months its boring.) I am done with this, you guess don't think straight y'all are fan boys.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
Mark Twain

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4920-9482 | Nintendo Network ID: Makar-The-Korok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

46. Posted:

There is no superiority outside of fan bubbles. Do you prefer vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate, is what it comes down to.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

47. Posted:

biglittlejake wrote:

19Robb92 You are wrong. Those games you listed are top games for Nintendo not for covering 3DS, Vita, 360, PS3, and Wii U. I was talking about overall most popular. You guys are too much of fanboys. (My family had a NES, SNES, PS1, and PS2. I had a 64, GC, WII, WII U, PS3. I had a PS3 because I got sick of this games. After playing them for two months its boring.) I am done with this, you guess don't think straight y'all are fan boys.

Yet, most of them have sold better than any multiplat EA game. That alone says something.

All you argued was that EA were not bad because they made popular games. I used the same logic, it applies here no matter if the franchise is exclusive or not.

You're just calling everyone who don't agree with you a fanboy now.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

48. Posted:

@biglittlejake: Seems like you came in here with a preconceived notion that the Wii U is doomed no matter what.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HeatBombastic

49. Posted:

Jake, I will speak for my fellow Nlife users and myself. We know there is a chance the Wii U will fail, and we know that if Nintendo makes too many mistakes, they'll drop the console. But we also know that the Wii U might succeed, and many of us think it will.

No matter what numbers you find on google search, there's always at least a tiny chance the Wii U will succeed or fail. There is no absolute fortune-telling here.

Edited on by HeatBombastic

NNID: HeatBombastic

Haaaave fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

50. Posted:

trying too hard, 0/5

disappear from my internet plz

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

51. Posted:

A fanboy is someone who clings to a fleeting notion, and can be at times immune to reason.

Where do we place one who finds a controller with a screen and buttons, to be subpar and obtuse?
Last generation technology like the XBOX 360 being touted as inherently stronger.
Sir your time travels have brought you to the threshold of our modern era, but you have further yet until you behold the future.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Balko

52. Posted:

@biglittlejake EA actually retracted the statement that they have no Wii U games in development. They apparently currently do. So there. (the article is on NL, search it up)

Oh, and if you don't like fanboys, don't go on a Nintendo based site. In fact, we don't need you anyways. Please leave.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

53. Posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_...

Here you are, friend.
The Mario, Super Mario, Pokemon and Wii franchises sit at the top of the charts.

Nintendo won't crash and burn because they can take a hit for the next couple decades before they go run out of available money in the bank.
A rocky launch won't doom a company.

Stop insulting the mindset of our users when your conclusions are different than theirs.

Will the Wii U crash and burn? No. Could it fail? Yes. For the reasons you stated? ...I'd think not.
But hey, enjoy your sports games.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

54. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Because fanboys.

Please show some respect.

The Xbox One lacks backwards compatibility, has a mandatory online system, and is too strict. The Wii U is a free console with creative ideas. People do have different opinions as individuals. You guys and gals can are free to think however you want, I'm not gonna force you to like Nintendo.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DGGames

55. Posted:

you are actually on the biggest sony fanboy forum I have ever seen... I see far more people singing to sony's tune here than I have ever seen, so your comment about people here being fanboys is probably as untrue as it can be.

With that said, no the Wii U isn't doomed. It has much more powerful hardware than any console from the last generation, and while it isn't as powerful as next-gen consoles, the graphical fidelity leap is low enough that that won't matter for any skilled developer that is worth anything.

Also, Nintendo currently holds 4 of the top 5 best-selling game franchises of all time as exclusive, and Nintendo consoles are the only ones that can claim that every single franchise of the top 10 has been on their consoles:

1. Mario: 446 million
2. Super Mario: 275 million
3. Pokémon: 219 million
4. Wii: 192 million
5. The Sims: 150 million
6. Grand Theft Auto: 125 million
7. Tetris: 125 million
8. Wii Sports: 109 million
9. Final Fantasy: 102 million
10. Call of Duty: 100 million

Edited on by DGGames

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Toad

56. Posted:

biglittlejake wrote:

I am done with this, you guess don't think straight y'all are fan boys.

Yeah that'll teach us to try and give opinions that differs from yours! (Even though that was the point of this thread in the first place....)

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bonesy91

57. Posted:

Caution doom and gloom thread. All aboard yet another complain train.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aozz101x

58. Posted:

I Don't Think That Nintendo Will Fail It May Or May Not Happen To Consoles That Just Started, What Problem Was Is That Nintendo Didn't Made A Better Decision For There Launch Titles, Do You Think Wii-U Will Success? Yes, Is It Possible That It Will Fail, Probable Not, But Just Because That EA And Other Company's Aren't Supporting Nintendo(Ex: EA) Doesn't Mean That There Gonna Fail

Nothing to say then this...
FC 3DS: 4690 - 5874 - 1690
Wii U Account: Aozz101x

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

59. Posted:

Nintendo pretty much is doomed after releasing this awful console. I think the PS4 is looking set to take this gen by storm. It has lot stronger line-up of games, better graphics, controller pretty much everything. Xbox1 is going to be probably about as failed as the WiiU is and PS4 is going to win.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

60. Posted:

I sure hope my Wii U fails to catch on fire.

Currently playing: Torchlight 2 , Rune Factory 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Uncharted 3.