Wii U Forum

Topic: Why are so many third party games are being skipped.........

Showing 1 to 20 of 73

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

1. Posted:

in the beginning or end of 2013. Is this true. We got a bunch of third party support on launch, but games like ff13- lightning returns, tomb raider, crysis 3, gta 5, bioshock infinite, dead space 3, metro last light, will they eventually come to wii u or not, this kinda sucks.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

2. Posted:

Probably because of the new architecture. WiiU has a stronger GPU and games are supposed to make use of that. But current games developed for Ps3/360 are CPU based, which makes games from Ps3/360 perform worse on the WiiU.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

3. Posted:

oh ok i see, well future games on wii u....will be amazing. thanks for clarifying.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ElectricSplash

4. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Probably because of the new architecture. WiiU has a stronger GPU and games are supposed to make use of that. But current games developed for Ps3/360 are CPU based, which makes games from Ps3/360 perform worse on the WiiU.

Is that thing of the better GPU true?

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

5. Posted:

of course, wii u is a new console, ps3 and 360 are 6 years old, it's common sense wii u will have better gpu. :)

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

6. Posted:

I think the Steam Box is going to kill the PS4/Nextbox/Wii U.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

7. Posted:

not sure if that's true, but ouya and steam box is cool. i just bought a wii u. so i won't be getting anything new for a long time.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

8. Posted:

Am not stating it as fact like but its just my opinion. If they allow us to upgrade the GPU and CPU then I believe it will be the end of PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo. When I say the end I don't mean gone completely I mean they will no longer be the face of game consoles if that makes any sense.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

9. Posted:

BenjaminRosa wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Probably because of the new architecture. WiiU has a stronger GPU and games are supposed to make use of that. But current games developed for Ps3/360 are CPU based, which makes games from Ps3/360 perform worse on the WiiU.

Is that thing of the better GPU true?

Yeah, the WiiU's GPU is also able to perform similar tasks as a GPGPU. Which means developers will be able to let the GPU handle things like physics (or at least make CPU heavy actions a lot less straining on the CPU).

ocelot20 wrote:

Am not stating it as fact like but its just my opinion. If they allow us to upgrade the GPU and CPU then I believe it will be the end of PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo. When I say the end I don't mean gone completely I mean they will no longer be the face of game consoles if that makes any sense.

I doubt it.

I don't see the market for such a devise. People who buy consoles want something that's easy to use, put the disc in and it just works. People who want to have better performance can just buy a PC and upgrade it.

People who normally buy consoles will find it too complicated with all the upgrading and PC gamers will think it's too weak (or already have a expensive PC at home).

The market is too small.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

10. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

BenjaminRosa wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Probably because of the new architecture. WiiU has a stronger GPU and games are supposed to make use of that. But current games developed for Ps3/360 are CPU based, which makes games from Ps3/360 perform worse on the WiiU.

Is that thing of the better GPU true?

Yeah, the WiiU's GPU is also able to perform similar tasks as a GPGPU. Which means developers will be able to let the GPU handle things like physics (or at least make CPU heavy actions a lot less straining on the CPU).

ocelot20 wrote:

Am not stating it as fact like but its just my opinion. If they allow us to upgrade the GPU and CPU then I believe it will be the end of PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo. When I say the end I don't mean gone completely I mean they will no longer be the face of game consoles if that makes any sense.

I doubt it.

I don't see the market for such a devise. People who buy consoles want something that's easy to use, put the disc in and it just works. People who want to have better performance can just buy a PC and upgrade it.

People who normally buy consoles will find it too complicated with all the upgrading and PC gamers will think it's too weak (or already have a expensive PC at home).

The market is too small.

I agree when you say the PC gamers will think it will be to week. The way I see it I think it will be a cheap way for people to get into PC gaming. The Steam box is going to be a console where you switch it on and play your game with the controller just like any other console. Am just saying if they allow us to upgrade the components then that will be a console killer in my opinion. But I have my doubts they will allow you to upgrade it.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

11. Posted:

ocelot20 wrote:

I agree when you say the PC gamers will think it will be to week. The way I see it I think it will be a cheap way for people to get into PC gaming. The Steam box is going to be a console where you switch it on and play your game with the controller just like any other console. Am just saying if they allow us to upgrade the components then that will be a console killer in my opinion. But I have my doubts they will allow you to upgrade it.

Yeah, it definitely will be. And I love the idea of it on paper, but I have big doubts about it in practice.

Steam allows you to buy loads of PC games. People getting the SteamBox will eventually be forced to upgrade if they want to play the latest games, it won't work like on a console where every game is made for that specific hardware format. PC hardware gets better all the time. I think a lot of people would get annoyed by that fact and getting told they can't play some game(s) just because the hardware is too old.

But who knows. ValvE is definitely a smart company, if anyone can make this work - it'll be them.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SimonB79

12. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

in the beginning or end of 2013. Is this true. We got a bunch of third party support on launch, but games like ff13- lightning returns, tomb raider, crysis 3, gta 5, bioshock infinite, dead space 3, metro last light, will they eventually come to wii u or not, this kinda sucks.

i dont understand why these titles arent getting released on the wiiu (alongside the ps3 / 360 versions like aliens colonial marines) because games developers will have had access 2 the wiiu possibility 12 month (or longer) prior 2 its worldwide release. :(

Edited on by SimonB79

SimonB79

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0015-7850 | Nintendo Network ID: SimonB79 | Twitter: SimonB79

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ocelot20

13. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

ocelot20 wrote:

I agree when you say the PC gamers will think it will be to week. The way I see it I think it will be a cheap way for people to get into PC gaming. The Steam box is going to be a console where you switch it on and play your game with the controller just like any other console. Am just saying if they allow us to upgrade the components then that will be a console killer in my opinion. But I have my doubts they will allow you to upgrade it.

But who knows. ValvE is definitely a smart company, if anyone can make this work - it'll be them.

Amen to that.

ocelot20

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

14. Posted:

SimonB79 wrote:

because games developers will have had access 2 the wiiu possibility 12 month (or longer) prior 2 its worldwide release. :(

Depends on the developers interest as well it seems. Just look at 4A Games quote about the WiiU's "extremely slow CPU", we later found out that this was based on development kit versions of the hardware rather than the final version even though the WiiU had already launched by the time they made that comment.

So they obviously hadn't played around with the final version of the hardware.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

15. Posted:

@SimonB79 It takes a while to make games. As in, years. There are two big things hindering publishers from putting games on the Wii U, at least that I can think of.

1) The console is just different enough to make the port job too difficult/time consuming to make it come out in a reasonable release window.
2) (Bigger reason) The amount of copies that will be sold on Wii U probably won't be worth it for porting the game over. The software sales for Wii U have been pretty bad. There isn't much point for publishers to put games on the Wii U if the investment is super small or is actually costing them more than they're making back.

As for how long ago people got Wii U's, they didn't necessarily get them all at the same time. Then there's revisions in the hardware hindering its abilities.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

16. Posted:

Games right now are being developed for PS3 & XBOX360. Not Wii U because its still too new. We'll just have to wait it out for the time comes where companies will start developing their next games for PS3, XBOX360, and Wii U.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

teus

17. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

not sure if that's true, but ouya and steam box is cool. i just bought a wii u. so i won't be getting anything new for a long time.

.
Ouya looks cool hell I'm one of the kick starter backers so I'm getting one shipped to me next year..

NintendoID: Lazymutant

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

18. Posted:

i think they might be announced, just to early. e3 2013 will show of lots of third party games.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

19. Posted:

PhoenixUltra wrote:

games like ff13- lightning returns, tomb raider, crysis 3, gta 5, bioshock infinite, dead space 3, metro last light, will they eventually come to wii u or not, this kinda sucks.

No BioShock Infinite would be a shame but those other games really don't matter because I wasn't going to buy them anyway.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scollurio

20. Posted:

Well well well making an upgradeable console isn't that far fetched actually. Look at the Xbox 360. It has a triple core, 3 GHz processor architecture and a reasonable graphics card. Now it is 2012 and the only thing that's bothersome is that we don't have full 1080p support with antialiasing, because the graphics card is too weak. If it had an option to replace the graphics card with something better (like those hotswap hard disks) and it gives you full hd with antialiasing, whats the problem? People that don't want to upgrade will still have 720p without AA, those that DO upgrade have FULL HD sweetness.

I could imagine something like that working.

But in reality its not about power its about games and this means: FIRST party and THIRD party support, FULL HEAD ON. No matter if Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony, or even Valve or maybe in the future Apple: MAKE BETTER GAMES FAST. And with better I don't necessarily mean multi-million behemoths, I mean clever things like Terraria, Day Z, Zombi U, Smash Brothers... High Quality Games that bring people together.

Just my opinion.

If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough...

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998