Forums

Topic: Why does Wii U have a separate controller stand and cradle???

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Nitendnut

Im getting the Deluxe Wii U. I am wondering why there is a charging cradle for the game controller, and then a seperate stand for the controller. Isnt a charging cradle supposed to also serve as a stand for a controller as well as charging????

Edited on by Nitendnut

Nitendnut

Ryno

I will keep the stand in the bathroom in case I need a place to set it down for a moment.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Nitendnut

Master_Ryno be sure to wash your hands before you pick that controller back up lol.

Nitendnut

19Robb92

The cradle needs to be conected to a power-supply by cord. The stand can be moved to whatever position you want for it.

One is a stand, one is a charging dock. Pretty simple.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

HaastMK7

for many reasons.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Nitendnut

Ok I got it. The cradle connects to the ac power chord and you drop your wii u controller on there to get juiced up. And then the stand is just to display your wii u controller somewhere else. Just seems kinda redundant. I mean the charging cradle does double as a stand. But hey, a seperate stand only cost a few pennies to make. Maybe I'll keep that in the kids room for when I kick them off my tv!. The charging cradle can stay in my living room with the console.

Nitendnut

Eel

The cradle is more, like, for when you're not playing the game, it's meant to be always in the same place and connected to electricity.

The stand is the one you can move around, relocate, use there and there. Most people will probably end up losing it and having to buy another.
As you said, making a plain plastic stand is cheaper than making a charging cradle, so it makes sense.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Burning_Spear

I think the stand is intended for applications such as voice chat, where you need to set it down and have it facing you. In a situation like that, you may not be near an electrical outlet.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Tasuki

Burning_Spear wrote:

I think the stand is intended for applications such as voice chat, where you need to set it down and have it facing you. In a situation like that, you may not be near an electrical outlet.

That would be my guess as well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

theblackdragon

Nitendnut wrote:

Ok I got it. The cradle connects to the ac power chord and you drop your wii u controller on there to get juiced up. And then the stand is just to display your wii u controller somewhere else. Just seems kinda redundant. I mean the charging cradle does double as a stand. But hey, a seperate stand only cost a few pennies to make. Maybe I'll keep that in the kids room for when I kick them off my tv!. The charging cradle can stay in my living room with the console.

glad you've figured it all out, then :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.