Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 961 to 974 of 974

shadow-wolf

@Samus7Killer How are Bayonetta 1/2 and The Wonderful 101 (and any other Platinum games on Wii U)? I know theyre good but I'm still not sure if they're games I would enjoy. Can you think of any other games (either Nintendo or other platforms) they are similar to, to help me see if I would like them?

Also, do you think the demos for each are a good indication of the general game and gameplay? I heard for Bayonetta particularly that the demo isn't that great so I'm not sure if I should judge either game by its demo.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Kimyonaakuma

@shadow-wolf Bayonetta 1 is really good but I personally prefer the second game. I would probably compare it to Dmc: Devil May Cry in many ways but I still think that Bayonetta is better. The demo for Bayonetta 2 is decent but it doesn't really capture the whole game as each level has really different scenarios. I think they picked one of the worse levels for the demo but as it's the first in the main game it makes sense.

I would say that if you're the type of person that will just play through the story once and leaves the game then afterwards you will still enjoy the Bayonetta games, but a lot of your time will be spent replaying the levels with different weapons and difficulties so you might miss out a little.

I've never played The Wonderful 101, I didn't enjoy the demo sadly...

Starfox Zero was codeveloped with Platinum so I guess that sort of counts?

Kimyonaakuma

Samus7Killer

@shadow-wolf Bayonettas are basically Devil May Cry 1 but modernized and you're a female witch. Super Stylish and Super Fun. B1 is probably Kamiya's best work if Okami didn't exist. If you're into Japaneesy Hacky Slashies then the 2 pack is your cup a tea.

As for The Wonderful 101 its as if Pikmin and Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta all got together and made a 100 babies and with a dash of Okami.

@Kimyonaakuma YEs StarFox Zero is P* dev... but they were handcuffed by Miyamoto's motion control aiming. They actually perfected what he had envisioned and it's it's worst enemy for the game. People hated the game because of this, but the controls will grow on you and you get it down eventually. IT's a P* game, so it's really worth it to master it and play it twice at least. It's Super Stylish and Super LotsA Fun! It's my 2nd fave StarFox game. Yeah i said that.

Samus7Killer

shadow-wolf

@Kimyonaakuma @Samus7Killer Thanks for both of your suggestions. I tried the demos to Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 yesterday. I tried to like Wonderful 101 but it just seems pretty complicated and confusing. I'm sure it's a great game, but the demo didn't make the game interesting to me and made it seem a bit too complicated for my tastes.

Bayonetta 2 though seemed great. I actually never played Devil May Cry but I played a bit of God of War before and Bayonetta reminds me of God of War. I guess I could borrow it from the local library, they have both 1 and 2 so that should be worth playing.

shadow-wolf

Xyphon22

@shadow-wolf If I can make a statement about Wonderful 101, while I didn't necessarily think it was the greatest thing ever like a lot of people, it was a lot of fun. The demo does not do it justice. And if you want to really get the most out of it and nail combos and go for Platinum medals on every level, I imagine it does get very complicated and confusing. If, like me, you just want a fun game to enjoy playing and enjoy the story and characters and gameplay, you can play on an easier difficulty and not care about what medal you get, it is a lot of fun. Plus, if you do that and then decide you enjoyed it enough to try to go back and do all the extra things, there will be a ton of replay value (although I didn't bother doing that).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

SKTTR

Monster Hunter and The Wonderful 101 have actually demos that don't help the game selling. If I would go by the demos alone, I would have never touched those two games.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

shadow-wolf

@Xyphon22 @SKTTR I'll keep that in mind, thanks for letting me know! I might as well try it when I get a chance then.

shadow-wolf

Samus7Killer

@SKTTR agreed on W101. It doesn't do it justice. The game is freaking good. It has the best game intro in the history of gaming. Game is freaking wonderful! nice icon btw

@shadow-wolf you should just buy W101. it's cheap as hell by now. Get it before it becomes rare.

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

shadow-wolf

@Samus7Killer Okay I'll try it out, considering both of you and other people have mentioned how good it is it certainly is worth a look.

shadow-wolf

Samus7Killer

@shadow-wolf it's basically a mix of Bayonetta + Pikmin + Viewtiful Joe designs + and a splash of Okami.

Samus7Killer

shadow-wolf

@Samus7Killer Quite an interesting combo for sure. I'll make it a point to try it out sometime!

shadow-wolf

KingMike

I ordered The Wonderful 101.
I have most of the Nintendo games except Smash (only a casual so Brawl+3DS seemed enough for me) and Sonic Boom (though I hear it's bad but not terribly bad), Shantae Half-Genie Hero and Mighty No. 9 and first print Rodea (oddly that and Tokyo Mirage were the first games I bought).
Wonder if there's any others I should try to look for while the console is probably at its low in demand.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Samus7Killer

Ive been playing Twilight Princes HD and OMG what a great game. My Fave Zelda game and its in my top 5 games of all time. Omg its so dang good.

Samus7Killer

Tyranexx

@Samus7Killer: Glad you're enjoying TP HD! It was my first Zelda game (the Wii version), though I'm hoping to get to the HD version soon.

My NL usage will be down a little from September 25-27. I'll be at a work conference.
Currently playing: Pokemon Sun, Earthbound Beginnings (Wii U VC)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic