Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 996

Tyranexx

The only reason that I don't own Maiden of Black Water is because it was never released here physically. I had enough room on my Wii U's storage to download and play the FTS chapters, but not enough room for the full (digital) game. I quite enjoyed what little I did play of the game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Cobalt

@Tyranexx

Never understood that.

What a stupid decision, Japan and here in Europe got it but they skrewed the US... :/

Cobalt

Tyranexx

@Cobalt: I considered importing for about five seconds, then I remembered that region locking is a thing.... I mean, I could technically expand the external storage, but at this point I'm not sure if I should even bother for just one game.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

Um...
Do you think Xenoblade Chronicles X is quite easy to play for a JRPG game ?

I have played some Final Fantasy games but still new with Battle system & Character's Parameter growth on Xenoblade X.

From what i watched from Youtube, i was kinda a bit interested with Avatar creation, kinda like The Sims, but after watching some Missions and Battle time, i was kinda confused to understand the gameplay mechanism. Is it more complex than Xenosaga (Battle time as human and as Mecha) ?

And i have read the content inside the game, kinda like Xenoblade 2 (Violence, Use of Alcohol, Mild Language, Animated blood, Suggestive theme)

If i choose this game, what should i aware from this game as a gamer who tends to play a lot of Kiddie games and a few Teen JRPG games ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Cobalt

@Anti-Matter

Xenoblade Chronicles X is one of the densier RPG I ever played.
If there is one RPG that I recommand to read the (electronic)manual IS THIS ONE !
There is so much stuff... so so much... that it's insane.

So, if you're the type of gamer who likes to be involved in a game for a long period of time, go ahead, otherwise choose Xenoblade 1 or 2 rather than X. they are more accessible.

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Moroboshi876

I've kind of decided to take XCX off my list too. I never got the chance to grab XC1 for its official price nor discounted, and now it got off the roof, and I preordered XC2, but cancelled it because I knew I wouldn't have the time to play it, with BOTW still going on and Skyrim next on the list.

I've reached a point in my life, with a 1 year old at home, that I don't really have time and don't want to spend a whole year in a RPG, playing on the bus to -and from- work and playing less than 2 hours a day. Besides, I have several RPGs already, so I don't need more, regardless of the quality of the games I'm missing. I have to accept this situation. And if I have to choose wisely, complex RPGs are not my cup of tea anyway. I'm a Dragon Quest guy.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Speaking about Xenoblade Chronicles X, is there any option to MUTE All the conversations ?
Because from i watched on Youtube, they were Chatterbox during Battle. They were too noisy.

Anti-Matter

Cobalt

@Anti-Matter LOL

If I tell you that it's part of the gameplay, do you believe me ?

Cobalt

obro12

i recommend getting pikmin 3

obro12

SuperLuigi111

Finally got my hands on Devil's Third, and it is really fun. So far, the best game on the Wii U for me actually. I finally found a game I really like on the Wii U! It's a must have for any Wii U owner in my opinion.

SuperLuigi111

Sunsy

@SuperLuigi111 Nice to see someone else enjoy Devil's Third. I remember I was curious about this one, and bought the digital version last year. Had a great time with it, I feel it's a rather underrated game too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

SuperLuigi111

@Sunsy Hey! Yaaaayyy! Yes, underrated gem. Glad to meet someone else with love for it

SuperLuigi111

samus1818

I'm still playing Wii U games! I like a lot of Wii U games, and I'm still buying games.1. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE-RPG. Cool game! I like how they included a musician theme to the game. 2. Sonic Racers-I'm still unlocking characters and tracks. I love that they included a Panzer Dragoon race track! 3. Pokkén Tournament- Pokemon fighting game. Cool fighting system for this game.

samus1818

SKTTR

I can easily think of 20 reasons to own a Wii U:

1. [Wii U Exclusive] Xenoblade Chronicles X
2. [Wii U Exclusive] Super Mario 3D World - has been released on Switch
3. [Wii U Exclusive] Yoshi's Woolly World
4. [Wii U Exclusive] Pikmin 3 - has been released on Switch
5. [Wii U Exclusive] Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - has been released on Switch
6. [Wii U Exclusive] Paper Mario: Color Splash
7. [Wii U Exclusives] Star Fox Zero + Star Fox Guard
8. [Wii U Exclusive] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
9. [Wii U Exclusive] The Wonderful 101 - has been released on Switch
10. [Wii U Exclusive] Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water - has been released on Switch
11. [Wii U Exclusive] Nintendo Land
12. [Wii U Exclusive] Game & Wario
13. [Wii U Exclusive] Wii Sports Club
14. [Wii U Exclusive] Wii Fit U
15. [Wii U Exclusive] Wii Party U
16. [Wii U Exclusive] Mario Party 10
17. [Wii U Exclusives] NES Remix 1 & 2
18. [Wii U Exclusive] Pullblox World
19. [Wii U Exclusive] Art Academy: Atelier
20. [Wii U Exclusive] Affordable Space Adventures

21. [Wii Backwards Compatibility] Access to 1000+ Wii games.

22. Also, if you're a fan of Zelda, Wii U is the system with the most Zelda games:

Breath of the Wild (Wii U Disc/Download)
Twilight Princess HD (Wii U Disc/Download)
The Wind Waker HD (Wii U Disc/Download)
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U Disc/Download)
Skyward Sword (Wii Disc/Download)
Phantom Hourglass (VC/DS)
Spirit Tracks (VC/DS)
The Minish Cap (VC/GBA)
Ocarina of Time (VC/N64)
Majora's Mask (VC/N64)
A Link to the Past (VC/SNES)
The Legend of Zelda (VC/NES)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (VC/NES)

Other than that The Legend of Zelda has cameos in:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U Disc/Download)
Nintendo Land (Wii U Disc/Download)
Super Mario Maker (Wii U Disc/Download)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U Disc/Download + DLC)
Sonic: Lost World (Wii U Disc/Download + DLC)
Bayonetta (Wii U Disc/Download + amiibo)
Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U Disc/Download + amiibo)
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water (Wii U Disc/Download)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U Disc/Download)
NES Remix (Wii U Download)
NES Remix 2 (Wii U Download)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (VC/DS)
WarioWare: Touched! (VC/DS)
WarioWare Inc.: Minigame Mania (VC/GBA)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (VC/SNES)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (VC/SNES)
Kirby Super Star (VC/SNES)

And through Wii backwards compatibility you also gain access to:

Skyward Sword (Wii)
Link's Crossbow Training (Wii)
Twilight Princess (Wii)
...and many more cameos like in WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii) or Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii).

And the Wii U console itself came in a great Zelda design (with the release of The Wind Waker HD).

23. Wii U has the highest number of Mario mainline platformers and overall Mario games as well.

Edit: Five of the exclusive Wii U games I mentioned have since released on Switch so let's swap them with
1. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
3. Devil's Third
4. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Wii U Edition
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Other than those there are more nice Wii U games left that are not on Switch, like Mass Effect 3 - Special Edition, TANK! TANK! TANK!, Sonic: Lost World, Sonic The Hedgehog 4, Batman Arkham City - Armoured Edition, Batman Arkham Origins, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition, Knytt Underground, Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones, Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails, and Year Walk. And if you want the Nintendo content in Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water and Scribblenauts Unlimited you only get those on Wii U. Also you might count Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U as titles that are different enough from their Switch sequels.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

DenDen

@SuperLuigi111 this game is amazing

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Abby_LS

Rayman Legends
Brave Tank Hero
Super Mario 3D World
Daikon Set
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Bayonetta 2
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Shovel Knight
Super Mario Maker
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Mario Kart 8
Terraria
Axiom Verge
Bird Mania Party

Abby_LS

Ninfan

@SKTTR what is the wonderful 101. I mean what do I do in it

Ninfan

NintendoByNature

Looking for some feedback on the pdp wired fight pad (DK). Only 17 bucks on Amazon and im looking to grab an extra controller. Currently have the clear the wireless one(afterglow) and the Wii u gamepad itself. Let me know if anyone used it in the past and how you liked it or disliked it.

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

@NintendoByNature Is that the one that looks like the GameCube controller? If so, I've had a pretty good experience with it. I have a Yoshi one from late 2015, and it still works great. It's pretty much a GameCube shaped classic controller pro so it works with all Wii U and Wii games that use a classic controller, but this means it requires a Wii remote to even work.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic