Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 971

jijifox

So i bought a wii u a month ago and i love it but i dont know what game should i get next so i will like recommendations

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

jariw

jijifox wrote:

So i bought a wii u a month ago and i love it but i dont know what game should i get next so i will like recommendations

Here are some:

• Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Pikmin 3
  • Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
  • Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Rayman Legends
  • Wonderful 101
  • Lego City: Undercover
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (eShop)
  • Steamworld Dig (eShop)
  • Pushmo/Pullblox World (eShop)
  • Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Rails (eShop)
  • Teslagrad (eShop)
  • Child of Light (eShop)
  • Shovel Knight (eShop, I haven't yet played it myself however)
  • Stick it to the Man! (eShop)
  • Art of Balance (eShop)

Are there any particular types of games you're interested in?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

GreenDragon

Do you guys recommend getting Hyrule warriors or Monster Hunter 3 ultimate for WiiU.
Thank you.

[url=http://backloggery.com/DfgDave96][/url]
3DS FC: 0619-4401-7962
NNID: DfgDave
PSN: AppeltjeEitje96

jariw

GreenDragon wrote:

Do you guys recommend getting Hyrule warriors or Monster Hunter 3 ultimate for WiiU.

I have personally only played Hyrule Warriors myself, so I can't recommend one over the other, so someone else will do a better comparison than me.

Both games will give you a huge number of gaming hours. What I understand of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is that it becomes a much better game when hunting together online (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), while Hyrule Warriors is mainly a single-player game with local co-op possibilities.

If you're familiar with the Zelda universe, I think Hyrule Warriors quickly becomes a very fun game, with the adventure mode and everything. IMO, it's a much better game than the review scores, mainly because you have to play a few hours to really understand how much there is to do.

jariw

crimsoncavalier

I actually really considered Monster Hunter 3, but I never took the plunge. It seems like my kind of game, though I really don't enjoy playing online co-op games very much. I've heard/read things about it that make me want to get it, and some that make me hesitant. I love fantasy RPGs, and especially JRPGs, but I really don't want to spend a lot of time having to be online. This is why I'm still on the fence.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

SCRAPPER392

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I actually really considered Monster Hunter 3, but I never took the plunge. It seems like my kind of game, though I really don't enjoy playing online co-op games very much. I've heard/read things about it that make me want to get it, and some that make me hesitant. I love fantasy RPGs, and especially JRPGs, but I really don't want to spend a lot of time having to be online. This is why I'm still on the fence.

From my experience, I played around 100 hours or so before jumping online. I would probably just wait for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, though, if you have a 3DS. It might still be worth the buy, anyway, and could hold you over until that game, especially if you end up liking it and want to buy the new entry. I'm just thinking that it might be more worthwhile to wait for the new game, because it will probably be better than 3 Ultimate. I wouldn't know if it's still worth retrospectively owning MH3U, even after owning MH4U, if that makes sense.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jaz007

jijifox wrote:

I recommend getting the Arkham games. They're fantastic, and Arkham City makes good use of the Gamepad.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007
Currently playing: BotW, Overwatch, and Persona 5.

jijifox

So i will be buyng Smash bros or mario kart 8 but i can't choose.Mario kart 8 is having a dlc which i am really excited but smash bros with 8 players and stage builder i can't choose

jijifox

CanisWolfred

jijifox wrote:

So i will be buyng Smash bros or mario kart 8 but i can't choose.Mario kart 8 is having a dlc which i am really excited but smash bros with 8 players and stage builder i can't choose

I would go with Smash Bros. if you're that excited for the stage builder. Brawl's stage builder kept me and my brother quite occupied for months. If the Wii U one's stage builder is even a little more robust, it'd definitely be worth your time.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

jump

jijifox wrote:

Since both of these games shine in multiplayer what are your friends more likely to play with you? If you just want something more solo than grab Smash as there's more stuff to unlock.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jijifox

i will be geting mario kart 8 because i just am really excited about the dlc and now nintendo of europe releasd a mario kart 8 excitebike trailer

jijifox

unrandomsam

If the 3DS version is anything to go by I got bored of Mario Kart 8 much sooner. (Still tons to do in Smash Bros for me).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

shingi_70

So I'm thinking of buying a used Wii U from Nintendo for Christmas. I plan to get Wind Waker and Smash Brothers with it.

What thrid game would you guys reccomend with those.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jariw

shingi_70 wrote:

So I'm thinking of buying a used Wii U from Nintendo for Christmas. I plan to get Wind Waker and Smash Brothers with it.

Bayo 2 or W101, for Platinum-like gaming challenges.
SM3DW or MK8, for just fun games.
Pikmin 3 or DK:TF, just because they are great.

jariw

jump

shingi_70 wrote:

I'd look at ebay for Wind Waker as I'm always seeing codes going for cheap on there. Tbh I'd think about what you'd want;

For multiplayer I'd get Mario Kart 8 with Super Mario 3D World a close 2nd,
For variety I'd get Pikmin 3 or as a close 2nd Wonderful 101
For action I'd get Bayonetta 1&2 as it's a good bargain unless you're a Zelda fan then Hyrule Warriors is a must.
For platformers Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze followed by Rayman Legends
And the other stand out great games on the console are Monster Hunter 3, Lego City Undercover, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Lego Marvel.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

Definitely Bayo 2. I vaguely recall you liking these type of action games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

shingi_70

I may go with Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Kart, and start to get everything else next year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

shingi_70 wrote:

I may go with Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario Kart, and start to get everything else next year.

Seems like a good plan. For future reference, you might want to consider getting Rayman Legends or DK over Mario. There's also Bayonetta, and if you like stealth games, you can snag Splintercell for $20. There's alot to play if you are getting the console this holiday.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Edie

Hello All,

I just bought a Wii U and I bought 8 or 9 games for it. I know I have a ton of gaming to get through and I don't "NEED" more games at the moment. That being said I really want to try Skylanders.

I would like to start at the beginning of the series which I think is "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" (for the Wii) am I correct? What I would like to know is it worth buying the first game and working my though them or should I just buy the newest title or the "best" title etc.

Also if I may ask are all the figures compatible across all the games? I have done my best to research this on my own but I can't find a definitive answer unfortunately. Finally if you play what are your favourite figures? Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Edie x

Edited on by Edie

Edie

jariw

Edie wrote:

I just bought a Wii U and I bought 8 or 9 games for it. I know I have a ton of gaming to get through and I don't "NEED" more games at the moment. That being said I really want to try Skylanders.

I would like to start at the beginning of the series which I think is "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" (for the Wii) am I correct? What I would like to know is it worth buying the first game and working my though them or should I just buy the newest title or the "best" title etc.

Also if I may ask are all the figures compatible across all the games? I have done my best to research this on my own but I can't find a definitive answer unfortunately. Finally if you play what are your favourite figures? Thank you for your time.

Yes, "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" is the first one.

For these questions in general, I think you might get better and more diverse answers in a Skylanders-specific boards around the 'net. Skylanders is pretty much its own platform.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic