Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 601 to 620 of 641

AuthorMessage

Grumblevolcano

601. Posted:

Wii Party U and Game & Wario are bad games so between Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World, I enjoyed the latter more as it felt like you needed to have played the first 2 Pikmin games to enjoy 3. Sonic Lost World was a bit short and the running up walls technique I found very challenging to get to grips with but still worthwhile to check out. There is a demo on the eshop though which includes the first level so that could help somewhat in deciding.

Grumblevolcano

3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AuthorMessage

SammyPegs

602. Posted:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

SammyPegs wrote:

cookiex wrote:

I saw that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag had a good discount on eShop. I know DLC is missing from Wii U, but does the game still run decently?

What is it discounted to just out of curiosity?

£9.99 at the moment, would buy it this sale had been the right side of payday. Good news is the next Ubi sale will have it even cheaper!

Nice, I also noticed that Splinter Cell is that price too! Very tempting...

http://wiiugamingzone.wordpress.com/ - My new Wii U blog!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

603. Posted:

I'm planning to go to Gamestop this weekend and pick up Diablo III: UEE (PS3), Sonic Lost World, and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. While I'm there:

Should I grab Assassin's Creed IV from Gamestop for $22.50 used?
Should I get a $20 card and download Resident Evil: Revelations for $20?
Or should I get a $20 card and save it until Gargoyle's Quest II and Demon's Crest come out?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

PKpunky

604. Posted:

The second option sounds like a good deal, since RE is on sale now.

PKpunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109 | Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

605. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm planning to go to Gamestop this weekend and pick up Diablo III: UEE (PS3), Sonic Lost World, and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. While I'm there:

Should I grab Assassin's Creed IV from Gamestop for $22.50 used?
Should I get a $20 card and download Resident Evil: Revelations for $20?
Or should I get a $20 card and save it until Gargoyle's Quest II and Demon's Crest come out?

Well I would recommend Resident Evil, but I am also debating picking it up.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

606. Posted:

PKpunky wrote:

The second option sounds like a good deal, since RE is on sale now.

I know, but Capcom usually loves Holloween sales, so I'm wondering if I'd get another chance just two months from now...it'd definitle be great if I could play Resi 4, REMake, and Resident Evil: Revelations all in the same month. But they also might have Master Reboot on sale then, too. It'd suck if I couldn't pick that up then...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

607. Posted:

Bah, I decided to save my money. In retrospect, I shouldn't have bought Diablo III since my bro went home before we could play it...could've used some of that $40 and got both AC4 and RE:R...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

bluemage1989

608. Posted:

I would thoroughly recommend the Assassins Creed games on WiiU I've really enjoyed using the gamepad and they have ran smoothly for me. Assassins Creed is my favourite new series of the noughties and it is a real shame I won't get to play even Rogue on WiiU.

Currently playing Mario Kart 8, ZombiU, ISS 64.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

609. Posted:

I would recommend Splintercell. $20 from the eShop is a pretty good price for a game that will probably last like 40+ hours, on the harder difficulties. I'm only like 7 hours in, and I haven't even touched the online mode yet. This is my first time playing a Splintercell game. As long as you've played Deus Ex or Metal Gear, it's not that hard to get into right away.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

khadafi2999

610. Posted:

Discount from playasia.com guys. free shipping all over the world for order more than US$ 25.

Mass Effect 3: Special Edition US$ 15.99
http://www.play-asia.com/mass-effect-3-special-edition-paOS-1...

Transformers Prime: The Game US$ 19.98
http://www.play-asia.com/transformers-prime-the-game-paOS-13-...

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Bonus Edition) US$ 20.19
http://www.play-asia.com/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-b...

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist US$ 21.99
http://www.play-asia.com/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist-...

nintendo your life

AuthorMessage

RedMage23

611. Posted:

I highly recommend Rayman Legends. Probably my highest enjoyment-per-second game on the Wii U, perhaps second only to Super Mario 3D World.

RedMage23

Twitter: Red_Mage23

AuthorMessage

irken004

612. Posted:

Got a WiiU in the last few days, with Windwaker HD, MK8, and Nintendoland. But, is there still quite a few MH3 Ultimate players online? Also add me if you'd like as a friend. My nintendo ID is irken005.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

jijifox

613. Posted:

So i bought a wii u a month ago and i love it but i dont know what game should i get next so i will like recommendations

jijifox

AuthorMessage

jariw

614. Posted:

jijifox wrote:

So i bought a wii u a month ago and i love it but i dont know what game should i get next so i will like recommendations

Here are some:

• Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Pikmin 3
  • Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
  • Zelda: Wind Waker HD
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Rayman Legends
  • Wonderful 101
  • Lego City: Undercover
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (eShop)
  • Steamworld Dig (eShop)
  • Pushmo/Pullblox World (eShop)
  • Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Rails (eShop)
  • Teslagrad (eShop)
  • Child of Light (eShop)
  • Shovel Knight (eShop, I haven't yet played it myself however)
  • Stick it to the Man! (eShop)
  • Art of Balance (eShop)

Are there any particular types of games you're interested in?

Edited on by jariw

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Stealth Inc. 2, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Bayonetta 1+2, Rayman Legends, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, X, Hex Heroes, Yoshi's Wooly World, and more

AuthorMessage

GreenDragon

615. Posted:

Do you guys recommend getting Hyrule warriors or Monster Hunter 3 ultimate for WiiU.
Thank you.

[url=http://backloggery.com/DfgDave96][/url]
3DS FC: 0619-4401-7962
NNID: DfgDave
PSN: AppeltjeEitje96

AuthorMessage

jariw

616. Posted:

GreenDragon wrote:

Do you guys recommend getting Hyrule warriors or Monster Hunter 3 ultimate for WiiU.

I have personally only played Hyrule Warriors myself, so I can't recommend one over the other, so someone else will do a better comparison than me.

Both games will give you a huge number of gaming hours. What I understand of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is that it becomes a much better game when hunting together online (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), while Hyrule Warriors is mainly a single-player game with local co-op possibilities.

If you're familiar with the Zelda universe, I think Hyrule Warriors quickly becomes a very fun game, with the adventure mode and everything. IMO, it's a much better game than the review scores, mainly because you have to play a few hours to really understand how much there is to do.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Stealth Inc. 2, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Bayonetta 1+2, Rayman Legends, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, X, Hex Heroes, Yoshi's Wooly World, and more

AuthorMessage

crimsoncavalier

617. Posted:

I actually really considered Monster Hunter 3, but I never took the plunge. It seems like my kind of game, though I really don't enjoy playing online co-op games very much. I've heard/read things about it that make me want to get it, and some that make me hesitant. I love fantasy RPGs, and especially JRPGs, but I really don't want to spend a lot of time having to be online. This is why I'm still on the fence.

crimsoncavalier

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

618. Posted:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I actually really considered Monster Hunter 3, but I never took the plunge. It seems like my kind of game, though I really don't enjoy playing online co-op games very much. I've heard/read things about it that make me want to get it, and some that make me hesitant. I love fantasy RPGs, and especially JRPGs, but I really don't want to spend a lot of time having to be online. This is why I'm still on the fence.

From my experience, I played around 100 hours or so before jumping online. I would probably just wait for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, though, if you have a 3DS. It might still be worth the buy, anyway, and could hold you over until that game, especially if you end up liking it and want to buy the new entry. I'm just thinking that it might be more worthwhile to wait for the new game, because it will probably be better than 3 Ultimate. I wouldn't know if it's still worth retrospectively owning MH3U, even after owning MH4U, if that makes sense.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

619. Posted:

jijifox wrote:

I recommend getting the Arkham games. They're fantastic, and Arkham City makes good use of the Gamepad.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, inFamous: Second Son, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

AuthorMessage

jijifox

620. Posted:

So i will be buyng Smash bros or mario kart 8 but i can't choose.Mario kart 8 is having a dlc which i am really excited but smash bros with 8 players and stage builder i can't choose

jijifox