Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 996

SCRAPPER392

cookiex wrote:

The Triforce Quest in Wind Waker (GCN) wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to grind a billion rupees to pay Tingle to "translate" the charts.

That's what I liked about it. If you went out and found treasure from the sea charts, it was easy to have enough rupees; or you could go to one of the bigger mini-dungeons and there were vases always filled with like 100 rupees each.

On a side note, all the Tingle statues from the dungeos are still in the game. There is one Tingle statue per dungeon that were able to be found with the Tingle Tuner. The Tingle Tuner doesn't exist anymore, but the statues are still where they were.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Grumblevolcano

cookiex wrote:

The Triforce Quest in Wind Waker (GCN) wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to grind a billion rupees to pay Tingle to "translate" the charts.

I found the fish that calls you "small fry" more annoying because once you finally pay Tingle there's a chance you don't even know what island the treasure is on unless you've given the fish bait on every single square of the map (one of the Triforce pieces was on the last square of the map I revealed).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SammyPegs

cookiex wrote:

I saw that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag had a good discount on eShop. I know DLC is missing from Wii U, but does the game still run decently?

What is it discounted to just out of curiosity?

http://wiiugamingzone.wordpress.com/ - My new Wii U blog!

Nintenjoe64

SammyPegs wrote:

cookiex wrote:

I saw that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag had a good discount on eShop. I know DLC is missing from Wii U, but does the game still run decently?

£9.99 at the moment, would buy it this sale had been the right side of payday. Good news is the next Ubi sale will have it even cheaper!

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Nintenjoe64

@Maco if you've missed out on lots of Wii games, I'd recommend:

Mad World - over the top violence but a fun short replayable beat em up
Godfather Black Hand - a fairly unique experience on Wii with good motion controls
House of the Dead Overkill / Ghost Squad - if you like Virtua Cop and Time Crisis

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

FX102A

I registered my Mario Kart 8 for the free game and now have till the end of the month (actually till Tuesday cos I go on holiday soon) but I can't for the life of me choose a game. I already have NSMBU, MH3U, W101, NL & LoZ:WW so that's half gone whilst I have no interest in Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics. That leaves me with 4 games. I had originally planned on Sonic Lost World purely cos it was the only one I didn't mind skipping on a hard copy, but now I've had to go into money saving mode and am considering Pikmin 3 (even though I would eventually get it in hard copy should it go cheaper).

So yeah, never was good at decisions so anyone got any advice based on what the other games are like?

FX102A

Akazury

If between Pikmin 3 and SLW then I'd go for Pikmin 3 i have both games and have had more fun with Pikmin 3, overall it has a better stort and replayabillty. The DLC for pikmin 3 is better but that's why you pay, the free dlc in SLW are fun but also very short.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

Get Pikmin 3, easily the best WiiU game atm and it's a Nintendo game, so it'll hardly get cheaper than the current price.
Sonic Lost World can be already found for two thirds of its original price - surely by the end of the year it's going to be sold for peanuts.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Grumblevolcano

Wii Party U and Game & Wario are bad games so between Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World, I enjoyed the latter more as it felt like you needed to have played the first 2 Pikmin games to enjoy 3. Sonic Lost World was a bit short and the running up walls technique I found very challenging to get to grips with but still worthwhile to check out. There is a demo on the eshop though which includes the first level so that could help somewhat in deciding.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SammyPegs

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

SammyPegs wrote:

cookiex wrote:

£9.99 at the moment, would buy it this sale had been the right side of payday. Good news is the next Ubi sale will have it even cheaper!

Nice, I also noticed that Splinter Cell is that price too! Very tempting...

http://wiiugamingzone.wordpress.com/ - My new Wii U blog!

CanisWolfred

I'm planning to go to Gamestop this weekend and pick up Diablo III: UEE (PS3), Sonic Lost World, and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. While I'm there:

Should I grab Assassin's Creed IV from Gamestop for $22.50 used?
Should I get a $20 card and download Resident Evil: Revelations for $20?
Or should I get a $20 card and save it until Gargoyle's Quest II and Demon's Crest come out?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

retropunky

The second option sounds like a good deal, since RE is on sale now.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm planning to go to Gamestop this weekend and pick up Diablo III: UEE (PS3), Sonic Lost World, and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. While I'm there:

Should I grab Assassin's Creed IV from Gamestop for $22.50 used?
Should I get a $20 card and download Resident Evil: Revelations for $20?
Or should I get a $20 card and save it until Gargoyle's Quest II and Demon's Crest come out?

Well I would recommend Resident Evil, but I am also debating picking it up.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

PKpunky wrote:

The second option sounds like a good deal, since RE is on sale now.

I know, but Capcom usually loves Holloween sales, so I'm wondering if I'd get another chance just two months from now...it'd definitle be great if I could play Resi 4, REMake, and Resident Evil: Revelations all in the same month. But they also might have Master Reboot on sale then, too. It'd suck if I couldn't pick that up then...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

CanisWolfred

Bah, I decided to save my money. In retrospect, I shouldn't have bought Diablo III since my bro went home before we could play it...could've used some of that $40 and got both AC4 and RE:R...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

bluemage1989

I would thoroughly recommend the Assassins Creed games on WiiU I've really enjoyed using the gamepad and they have ran smoothly for me. Assassins Creed is my favourite new series of the noughties and it is a real shame I won't get to play even Rogue on WiiU.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido and Arms.

WiiU: Mario Party 10 and Devils Third.

N64: Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini.

SNES: Super Mario World

SCRAPPER392

I would recommend Splintercell. $20 from the eShop is a pretty good price for a game that will probably last like 40+ hours, on the harder difficulties. I'm only like 7 hours in, and I haven't even touched the online mode yet. This is my first time playing a Splintercell game. As long as you've played Deus Ex or Metal Gear, it's not that hard to get into right away.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

khadafi2999

Discount from playasia.com guys. free shipping all over the world for order more than US$ 25.

Mass Effect 3: Special Edition US$ 15.99
http://www.play-asia.com/mass-effect-3-special-edition-paOS-1...

Transformers Prime: The Game US$ 19.98
http://www.play-asia.com/transformers-prime-the-game-paOS-13-...

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Bonus Edition) US$ 20.19
http://www.play-asia.com/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-b...

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist US$ 21.99
http://www.play-asia.com/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist-...

Nintendo fan.
Owned: NES, Megadrive, SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, DS, 3DS, and PC. Planned to buy: redesigned Wii U, New 3DS and maybe redesigned XBONE/PS4

RedMage23

I highly recommend Rayman Legends. Probably my highest enjoyment-per-second game on the Wii U, perhaps second only to Super Mario 3D World.

RedMage23

Twitter:

irken004

Got a WiiU in the last few days, with Windwaker HD, MK8, and Nintendoland. But, is there still quite a few MH3 Ultimate players online? Also add me if you'd like as a friend. My nintendo ID is irken005.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic