Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 581 to 600 of 669

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

581. Posted:

Right now I'm just waiting for it to download. I can't wait to play it.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Story of Seasons and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse.
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

582. Posted:

Frankly, Wind Waker is one of the easiest Zelda games, however that doesn't stop it from being one of the very best too.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Sir_Anthony

583. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

Frankly, Wind Waker is one of the easiest Zelda games, however that doesn't stop it from being one of the very best too.

The triforce quest was pretty hard though! The final boss wasn't easy either. >.>

I can assure you, I'm not a cat. Do not let others fool you though
BL - AL - 8BF

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

584. Posted:

I don't know about the difficulty of a Triforce quest. I rarely experienced a Triforce quest at all. This "quest", for me, was just a few tiny islands to complete (a natural and automatic process) and a few treasures to fish from the bottom of the ocean, not different than any of the other treasures you can find.

Final boss wasn't easy? Well, I played all Zelda games (except the newest: ALBW) and now that I recently completed WWHD that's what my reaction was: Oh he takes away 4 hearts with one hit? (played on Hero Mode) Better avoid being hit! He's extremely slow so you have all the time in the world to avoid all his few attacks. The battle is nothing more than waiting for the "A" button prompt, unleashing a 3 hit combo, repeating this a few times, and following Zelda's advice. While there's always strategy involved in beating Zelda bosses, this final boss seemed remarkably easy to me, once you figured out what to do. There are other bosses that are still hard, even when you know what to do. For example: The boss before the final boss is more difficult.

I really want to understand why people have problems with the Triforce "quest". It's not the first time I hear about this. Nintendo even changed this part in the HD version. I didn't notice a difference, but it's been 11 years since I completed Wind Waker (four times).

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

585. Posted:

Just finished Wind Waker HD and didn't find the triforce "quest" hard. Except maybe the hidden hole in Initia island, the one with dozens of levels.

Great game but it is true that the dungeons are pretty easy, although fun.

Now I guess I have to get A link to the past, the only one I don't own.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

maco

586. Posted:

Hello, thanks to this thread i bough the Wii u + 8 games +2 pro controllers but wont be playing till saturday. I have never played any Wii game (plenty n64 games and a couple of GC though), so i'm wondering where would be a good start, what do you guys advise?

On top of that did i miss any must-play Wii or GC game ? I know i can play them on the Wii u... plus i never played TLOZ ocarina of time but i read that i need the wii classic controller, is it worth paying $50 to play ocarina of time on the Wii u?

thank you in advance

Here is the list:

Wind waker HD

Mario Kart 8

Super Mario 3D world

Donkey kong tropical freeze

Pikmin 3

The wonderful 101

Nintendo Land

ZombiU

maco

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

587. Posted:

@maco You cannot play (native) GameCube games on Wii U, only those that were ported to Wii (New Play Control series, Resident Evil Archives and Metroid Prime Trilogy are the only ones that I know of).

Second, if Ocarina of Time is the only game you'd play on Wii VC, I'd hold back. Nintendo might eventually get N64 games on Wii U VC, and $50 investment for one old game for playing purposes only is a bit too much. I don't see why you should buy all the games right away, so I'd advice pushing the Classic Controller investment back.

EDIT: Fixed "Wii" to "Wii U" as being unable to run GameCube games

Edited on by Pahvi

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?
Now playing: Hyrule Warriors, Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy
Game impressions posts: http://backlogcompactor.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage

cookiex

588. Posted:

I saw that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag had a good discount on eShop. I know DLC is missing from Wii U, but does the game still run decently?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Linkus

589. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

I saw that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag had a good discount on eShop. I know DLC is missing from Wii U, but does the game still run decently?

I recommend the game and I really like that you are able to sail around and explore the world on your own once you get a bit into the game! Some of the main missions take some practice and patience though but it's well worth it!

Linkus

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

590. Posted:

Miss_Pixelheart wrote:

SKTTR wrote:

The triforce quest was pretty hard though! The final boss wasn't easy either. >.>

I actually liked the Triforce quest in the GCN version, more. I guess some people complained about how many rupees you had to get to complete it, followed by finding the Triforce piece in the sea, but that was part of the challenge and made the game longer.

The slow sailing was actually appealing to me, too, because it made the game feel longer and made the sailing parts seem more "real". I use the swift sail, but I would have ben fine without it.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

591. Posted:

Windwaker is the only one I really don't like - haven't played the DS ones. (Even the first and The Adventure of Link I like).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

cookiex

592. Posted:

The Triforce Quest in Wind Waker (GCN) wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to grind a billion rupees to pay Tingle to "translate" the charts.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

593. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

The Triforce Quest in Wind Waker (GCN) wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to grind a billion rupees to pay Tingle to "translate" the charts.

That's what I liked about it. If you went out and found treasure from the sea charts, it was easy to have enough rupees; or you could go to one of the bigger mini-dungeons and there were vases always filled with like 100 rupees each.

On a side note, all the Tingle statues from the dungeos are still in the game. There is one Tingle statue per dungeon that were able to be found with the Tingle Tuner. The Tingle Tuner doesn't exist anymore, but the statues are still where they were.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Grumblevolcano

594. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

I found the fish that calls you "small fry" more annoying because once you finally pay Tingle there's a chance you don't even know what island the treasure is on unless you've given the fish bait on every single square of the map (one of the Triforce pieces was on the last square of the map I revealed).

Grumblevolcano

3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AuthorMessage

SammyPegs

595. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

What is it discounted to just out of curiosity?

http://wiiugamingzone.wordpress.com/ - My new Wii U blog!

AuthorMessage

Nintenjoe64

596. Posted:

SammyPegs wrote:

cookiex wrote:

What is it discounted to just out of curiosity?

£9.99 at the moment, would buy it this sale had been the right side of payday. Good news is the next Ubi sale will have it even cheaper!

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

AuthorMessage

Nintenjoe64

597. Posted:

@Maco if you've missed out on lots of Wii games, I'd recommend:

Mad World - over the top violence but a fun short replayable beat em up
Godfather Black Hand - a fairly unique experience on Wii with good motion controls
House of the Dead Overkill / Ghost Squad - if you like Virtua Cop and Time Crisis

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

AuthorMessage

FX102A

598. Posted:

I registered my Mario Kart 8 for the free game and now have till the end of the month (actually till Tuesday cos I go on holiday soon) but I can't for the life of me choose a game. I already have NSMBU, MH3U, W101, NL & LoZ:WW so that's half gone whilst I have no interest in Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics. That leaves me with 4 games. I had originally planned on Sonic Lost World purely cos it was the only one I didn't mind skipping on a hard copy, but now I've had to go into money saving mode and am considering Pikmin 3 (even though I would eventually get it in hard copy should it go cheaper).

So yeah, never was good at decisions so anyone got any advice based on what the other games are like?

FX102A

AuthorMessage

Akazury

599. Posted:

If between Pikmin 3 and SLW then I'd go for Pikmin 3 i have both games and have had more fun with Pikmin 3, overall it has a better stort and replayabillty. The DLC for pikmin 3 is better but that's why you pay, the free dlc in SLW are fun but also very short.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter: GamerSpecific

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

600. Posted:

Get Pikmin 3, easily the best WiiU game atm and it's a Nintendo game, so it'll hardly get cheaper than the current price.
Sonic Lost World can be already found for two thirds of its original price - surely by the end of the year it's going to be sold for peanuts.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi