Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 561 to 578 of 578

AuthorMessage

Zizzy

561. Posted:

(double post because screw a new thread)

Has anyone played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag on Wii U? Does it play well, or possibly better than other consoles? I'm asking because I just blindly ordered it on a game trading site to give me another game to play on my new console.

Don't let GameStop rip you off. Support used gaming and check out 99Gamers. Best trading service I've used.

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

AuthorMessage

midnafanboy

562. Posted:

@Zizzy is good plays the same has the same glitches same everything.But it does not have DLC just be aware of that.

midnafanboy

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

563. Posted:

Zizzy wrote:

(double post because screw a new thread)

Has anyone played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag on Wii U? Does it play well, or possibly better than other consoles? I'm asking because I just blindly ordered it on a game trading site to give me another game to play on my new console.

The general opinion I've heard is that it's good port. Meh use of the Gamepad however (though playing a game like Assassin's Creed 4 on the Gamepad screen is kinda awesome in a way).

Personally, I don't know much of the difference between it and other versions, but considering how it's a larger game than 3 and is clearly using the EXACT same engine as 3 (which is at best, just a modified version of the previous engine for the series), it looks unquestionably better than my copy of AC3 on my 360. AC3 also had an embarrassing amount of problems (mainly glitches and framerate drops IIRC), but AC4 runs fairly well and has had minimal issues.

Main disadvantage is that 4 on Wii U didn't really get the DLC but considering 1. how I put 50 plus hours into it and didn't come anywhere close to 100% the game (or even the more notable optional content) and only played a bit of the multiplayer and 2. the fact that the important DLC you can get seperately ala Farcry 3: Blood Dragon, I don't consider it a big deal.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Zizzy

564. Posted:

Right on, sounds like I make a good choice. I don't care much for DLC. It has to be an outstanding game for me to put more money into it. Mainly wanted this game for the pirate aspect, didn't really enjoy AC or AC2 that much.

Don't let GameStop rip you off. Support used gaming and check out 99Gamers. Best trading service I've used.

AuthorMessage

midnafanboy

565. Posted:

@Zizzy One last thing if you want a third party game that actually uses the wiiu gamepad very well and the best versions then its console brothers and supports the pro controller.Then darksiders 2 is the game, cause is amazing.

midnafanboy

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage

Zizzy

566. Posted:

midnafanboy wrote:

@Zizzy One last thing if you want a third party game that actually uses the wiiu gamepad very well and the best versions then its console brothers and supports the pro controller.Then darksiders 2 is the game, cause is amazing.

I would get it, but I've already got it for 360. But, since I haven't played it, maybe I should trade it and get the Wii U version for when I finally finish the first one.

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

567. Posted:

For those that like platformers, and even if you don't, go buy DKC: Tropical Freeze. It's a hell of a game. It's fantastic, one of the best platformers ever.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
Next buys:
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

gustavomartinez

568. Posted:

I would really like a new game to the wii u. I love mario 3D world and mario kart 8. DK tropical freeze was ok. Dont like Zelda wind waker. Could anyone recommend some games for me?

From Sweden, pardon my english!

AuthorMessage

Walowizard

569. Posted:

I posted this in the Mario Kart 8 thread, but maybe this was the more appropriate place to post it. I will just copy/paste what I wrote.

My friends! I have been out of the gaming loop for a few years now, especially Nintendo!

I don't know where to post this, so I will do it here, hopefully won't upset too many people.

I haven't really gamed since middle school, but I am looking to get back into the fold and Nintendo has truly sucked me in with this Mario Kart game.

One problem.... the Mario Kart bundle is SOLD OUT everywhere in my city!! :((((

I have come to my new Nintendo friends to ask where I could possibly buy the bundle online..? Or if anyone knows of any places around me that is not sold out yet (I'm in Vancouver)

EDIT: The reason I want the MK8 bundle is because of the free game you can get if you buy it?

Could I perhaps buy a different Wii U bundle (eg. Super Mario bros), and buy MK8 separately and still be able to get the free game (eg. WW HD)?

I am not quite sure how the rules work :P

Walowizard

AuthorMessage

jariw

570. Posted:

Walowizard wrote:

EDIT: The reason I want the MK8 bundle is because of the free game you can get if you buy it?

Could I perhaps buy a different Wii U bundle (eg. Super Mario bros), and buy MK8 separately and still be able to get the free game (eg. WW HD)?

Yes, that would work. But you must activate the free game before the end of this month.

If you want WW HD anyway, you could get the WW HD Bundle, get MK8 separately with Pikmin 3 as the free game.(IMO, Pikmin 3 and WW HD are the best game in the NoA free offer, IMO.)

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Project CARS, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Zizzy

571. Posted:

jariw wrote:

If you want WW HD anyway, you could get the WW HD Bundle, get MK8 separately with Pikmin 3 as the free game.(IMO, Pikmin 3 and WW HD are the best game in the NoA free offer, IMO.)

Exactly what I did. The WW Bundle gamepad is too awesome to pass up!

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

572. Posted:

Zizzy wrote:

jariw wrote:

Exactly what I did. The WW Bundle gamepad is too awesome to pass up!

I picked up the WW bundle pretty much for the gamepad. I haven't even played WW yet (got it for Christmas)

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

Kong86

573. Posted:

So the Wii U is my first nintendo console since the N64 so I have obvously missed out on alot of great games....so where to begin now? I can only really remember having played goldeneye and ocarina of time.

Edit: I currently own pikmin 3, WW, SM3DW, Mario Kart 8 and Nintendo Land

Edited on by Kong86

Kong86

AuthorMessage

Nickvp95

574. Posted:

@Kong86 If you're looking for a fun and challenging platformer, go for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It's a blast!
If you want more of an action-adventure game, I recommend Mass Effect 3 or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
If you want more of a skilled-based, tactical first person game, i'd go for ZombiU (more of a horror game but it takes planning and skill)
All of these games are great and I fully recommend them! You also have a pretty solid game lineup right now! I have all of those too and i love every one of them. I just managed to beat Pikmin 3 and it was great. I hope this helps!

10 Shovel Knight Tips
Fire Emblem: Awakening Review
Mario Kart 8 Review
Games: Steamworld Dig (3DS) Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) DKC: Tropical Freeze (WiiU) Shovel Knight (3DS)

Nintendo Network ID: Nickvp95

AuthorMessage

Kong86

575. Posted:

Thanks Nick! Ill look into those.

Kong86

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

576. Posted:

If you like MK8 try Sonic and All Stars Racing (maybe after a while). I'd also recommend Tekken if you like fighters. Madden 13 is pretty good. All of these are around $20 or less. Oh, and Wii Sports Club is pretty good too. Didn't think I'd like that, but it grew on me.

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

R_Champ

577. Posted:

Kong86 wrote:

Thanks Nick! Ill look into those.

I totally agree with Nick's recommendations but I might also add Wonderful 101 if you're into quirky beat-em-ups. The learning curve is high, but the payoff is even higher IMO.

Right now I'm playing the Wii U version of Deus Ex and I like that so far (the gamepad integration is almost as good as ZombiU), and I got it for cheap on Newegg (under $20 with free shipping).

3DS FC: 3539-9632-9663
Ice Safari: Piloswine, Beartic, and Spheal...Spheal with it.
NNID: R_Champ

AuthorMessage

Kong86

578. Posted:

Cool. Thanks for all the recommendations!

Kong86