Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 541 to 560 of 607

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

541. Posted:

Okay. I've almost finished Assassin's Creed 4. I'm going to work away on some PS3 backlog titles after I'm done.... but I'm always keeping an eye out for my next Wii U game.
Deus Ex, Arkham Origins or Ninja Gaiden 3? Which one should I get?

Edited on by Gamecubed

"I am a freedom fighter, the name that history wrote
And even through disaster, eye of the tiger for hope
I'm trying to find my way back, there's no day off for heroes
And even when I'm tired, "go" is the only word I know"

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

542. Posted:

Deus Ex by a country mile

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

arnoldlayne83

543. Posted:

Gamecubed wrote:

Okay. I've almost finished Assassin's Creed 4. I'm going to work away on some PS3 backlog titles after I'm done.... but I'm always keeping an eye out for my next Wii U game.
Deus Ex, Arkham Origins or Ninja Gaiden 3? Which one should I get?

deus ex, far superior than the others, in terms of gameplay, story, freedom.... definitely a AAA porting to wiiu

arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage

TTGlider

544. Posted:

I'd like to chime in one page late to the ME3 discussion. I have never played a Mass Effect game before I bought and played ME 3 on WiiU. I'll just say this: $15 on Amazon. And I don't own a gaming PC, a 360 or a PS3. I don't see the point in arguing the story is less impacting for gamers in my position. So what? I don't really look for much story in video games, anyway, but a drawn out space opera wouldn't be my first choice in setting or style in the first place. So "all" that's left is a bang-up shooter game with light character customization and fantastic graphics for $15. It's really a no brainier, IMHO. I suppose I would say that the trilogy would have been nice but maybe not practical to port, but at least they could have included all the DLC for 3 released at that point, but still.... People cut off their nose to spite their face in terms of obsessing over experiencing something most optimally or not at all. Life doesn't have to be and probably shouldn't be "mix maxed".

Re: Sonic Transformed, I actually traded it in a while back because the flight sections (and the NiGHTS level) annoyed me so much. MK 8 does drive better, but it's a little low on meat and now I'm regretting getting rid of Transformed before I finished all the boss battles and drift challenges. It is impressive how varied they made the objectives in Transformed single player experience.

As for Deus Ex, that is the game where having the map on the pad has helped the most, and is a big improvement. Still some framerate dips and spotty voice acting keep it from the absolute top shelf, but otherwise a great game for WiiU.

TTGlider

AuthorMessage

SleepyCrossing

545. Posted:

I've started to play Zombi U and I have to say, I just can't get into it as much as I had hoped. I might try again later but it seems kind of stale so far. I love the controls/Gamepad integration and the zombie design is impeccable, but I can't seem to wrap my head around the concept of the storyline much, nor do I quite understand how one progresses besides just speeding through until death O_O

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Smash

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

546. Posted:

Alright just got Mario Kart and for my Free game should I get Pikmin 3 or WW HD???? I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Played numerous Zelda games, but never WW and I have never played a Pikmin game...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

547. Posted:

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

Alright just got Mario Kart and for my Free game should I get Pikmin 3 or WW HD???? I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Played numerous Zelda games, but never WW and I have never played a Pikmin game...

Wind Waker is my personal favourite Zelda game, and the HD version is THE version to play. I've replayed WW the most out of any Zelda game.
Pikmin isn't for everybody, I'll say that right now. I liked it a lot, but the next person may not. It's quite short, but it's still a very fun and addicting RTS. It's also adorable. Watch some gameplay and see what you think. I like Wind Waker more than Pikmin 3, but again, Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda title. So it's a matter of personal opinion.
They're two very different games.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone for your recommendations for Deus Ex. I play on getting the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection on PS3 first, playing through everything over the course of the summer and then jumping into Deus Ex.

Edited on by Gamecubed

"I am a freedom fighter, the name that history wrote
And even through disaster, eye of the tiger for hope
I'm trying to find my way back, there's no day off for heroes
And even when I'm tired, "go" is the only word I know"

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

woodlin37

548. Posted:

i think id recommend the obvious titles on the wiiu that have been mentioned many times on here already, i can tell you this though, game party and the new transformers game are absolute crap! avoid, i have 49 wiiu games and these two are by far the worst

Twitter = @woodlin37
WII U = woodlin37
XBOX 360 = Woodlin
YOUTUBE-woodlin37
Instagram - woodlin37
Patriots,Bruins,Celtics,Redsox and BC Eagles FAN. from the UK

Twitter: woodlin37

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

549. Posted:

SleepyCrossing wrote:

I've started to play Zombi U and I have to say, I just can't get into it as much as I had hoped. I might try again later but it seems kind of stale so far. I love the controls/Gamepad integration and the zombie design is impeccable, but I can't seem to wrap my head around the concept of the storyline much, nor do I quite understand how one progresses besides just speeding through until death O_O

How about scanning the environment, planning escape routes for worse case scenarios, and generally playing it with more caution. Careful planning and avoiding unnecessary combat will keep you alive more often than not.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Suicune

550. Posted:

Just throwing a recommendation for Deus Ex. Fantastic game, worth playing again with side quests, death/no death affecting gameplay, the good stuff. I thought the voice acting was good.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

Dkkid

551. Posted:

Just beat Pikmin 3, must say it was amazing

Dkkid

AuthorMessage

circa1981

552. Posted:

Out of these two games, Darksiders 2 and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, which has the most/diverse/challenging puzzles?

circa1981

AuthorMessage

Zizzy

553. Posted:

Getting a WIi U this friday and I'm pretty stoked! Plan on getting MK8 and Wind Waker HD right off the bat. A couple questions:

What are some must-have games? (some that may not be well recognized by review sites)

Do a lot of games use the gamepad for inventory/maps? (really would love if a lot do, that's what I think the gamepad would do best)

Don't let GameStop rip you off. Support used gaming and check out 99Gamers. Best trading service I've used.

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

554. Posted:

Zizzy wrote:

What are some must-have games? (some that may not be well recognized by review sites)

Do a lot of games use the gamepad for inventory/maps? (really would love if a lot do, that's what I think the gamepad would do best)

Inventory and maps are used a decent chunk of the time from what I know and have seen.

Most of what I've enjoyed has been highly praised I guess. But Little Inferno, while well liked, is slightly underrated in terms of how fascinating an experience it was and it's a great satire. Just...don't play it expecting great gameplay. At all. Also, Wonderful 101. It requires a bit of patience to get used to and learn and understand its mechanics but when you do it's a brilliant experience.

Very few people got it on Wii U but Assassin's Creed IV is a pretty great pirate game, and probably an even better game if you haven't played Assassin's Creed after Assassin's Creed like I have.

Similarly despite owning it on 360, I always recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because it's a really well made and intelligent game. And as soon as I can find it cheap enough, I'll trade in that version because the Wii U version fixes the game's few problems and has actual good Gamepad use.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Zizzy

555. Posted:

Thanks for the recommendations, dude!

I've been wondering that about Deus Ex. I own a 360, but I've heard a lot about the Wii U version being better. So I should wait and get it on Wii U then?

Don't let GameStop rip you off. Support used gaming and check out 99Gamers. Best trading service I've used.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

556. Posted:

Why wait?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

arnoldlayne83

557. Posted:

Zizzy wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations, dude!

I've been wondering that about Deus Ex. I own a 360, but I've heard a lot about the Wii U version being better. So I should wait and get it on Wii U then?

Deus ex for wii u has fixed boss battles, meaning u can face them with multiple approaches. In,the,other version there was nothing but the shooting one. That and of,course gamepad use for inventory and maps.

As must have on wiiu i strongly,reccomend w101, beautiful game with a steep learning curve. one of,the games which use the gamepad at best is also zombiU. An underrated game, exclusive for wiiu, is Sonic lost world, imho the best 3d sonic ever, had a,blast with it.

arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage

arnoldlayne83

558. Posted:

The wiiU version is a lot better, expecially if,u,develop ur character as stealth or hacker...

arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

559. Posted:

I meant to link the Wii U version (not that he couldn't have gotten to it from the previous link). I'm just saying, it's already well below $20, so why wait?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Zizzy

560. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I meant to link the Wii U version (not that he couldn't have gotten to it from the previous link). I'm just saying, it's already well below $20, so why wait?

Yeah, I figured you meant the Wii U version ;) . I only meant wait because I'm not getting my Wii U until tomorrow. Probably gonna pick up Deus Ex as well.