Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 971

Zizzy

Getting a WIi U this friday and I'm pretty stoked! Plan on getting MK8 and Wind Waker HD right off the bat. A couple questions:

What are some must-have games? (some that may not be well recognized by review sites)

Do a lot of games use the gamepad for inventory/maps? (really would love if a lot do, that's what I think the gamepad would do best)

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

kkslider5552000

Zizzy wrote:

What are some must-have games? (some that may not be well recognized by review sites)

Do a lot of games use the gamepad for inventory/maps? (really would love if a lot do, that's what I think the gamepad would do best)

Inventory and maps are used a decent chunk of the time from what I know and have seen.

Most of what I've enjoyed has been highly praised I guess. But Little Inferno, while well liked, is slightly underrated in terms of how fascinating an experience it was and it's a great satire. Just...don't play it expecting great gameplay. At all. Also, Wonderful 101. It requires a bit of patience to get used to and learn and understand its mechanics but when you do it's a brilliant experience.

Very few people got it on Wii U but Assassin's Creed IV is a pretty great pirate game, and probably an even better game if you haven't played Assassin's Creed after Assassin's Creed like I have.

Similarly despite owning it on 360, I always recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution, because it's a really well made and intelligent game. And as soon as I can find it cheap enough, I'll trade in that version because the Wii U version fixes the game's few problems and has actual good Gamepad use.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Zizzy

Thanks for the recommendations, dude!

I've been wondering that about Deus Ex. I own a 360, but I've heard a lot about the Wii U version being better. So I should wait and get it on Wii U then?

Zizzy

arnoldlayne83

Zizzy wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations, dude!

I've been wondering that about Deus Ex. I own a 360, but I've heard a lot about the Wii U version being better. So I should wait and get it on Wii U then?

Deus ex for wii u has fixed boss battles, meaning u can face them with multiple approaches. In,the,other version there was nothing but the shooting one. That and of,course gamepad use for inventory and maps.

As must have on wiiu i strongly,reccomend w101, beautiful game with a steep learning curve. one of,the games which use the gamepad at best is also zombiU. An underrated game, exclusive for wiiu, is Sonic lost world, imho the best 3d sonic ever, had a,blast with it.

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

CanisWolfred

I meant to link the Wii U version (not that he couldn't have gotten to it from the previous link). I'm just saying, it's already well below $20, so why wait?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Zizzy

CanisWolfred wrote:

I meant to link the Wii U version (not that he couldn't have gotten to it from the previous link). I'm just saying, it's already well below $20, so why wait?

Yeah, I figured you meant the Wii U version . I only meant wait because I'm not getting my Wii U until tomorrow. Probably gonna pick up Deus Ex as well.

Zizzy

Zizzy

(double post because screw a new thread)

Has anyone played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag on Wii U? Does it play well, or possibly better than other consoles? I'm asking because I just blindly ordered it on a game trading site to give me another game to play on my new console.

Zizzy

MsJubilee

@Zizzy is good plays the same has the same glitches same everything.But it does not have DLC just be aware of that.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

kkslider5552000

Zizzy wrote:

(double post because screw a new thread)

Has anyone played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag on Wii U? Does it play well, or possibly better than other consoles? I'm asking because I just blindly ordered it on a game trading site to give me another game to play on my new console.

The general opinion I've heard is that it's good port. Meh use of the Gamepad however (though playing a game like Assassin's Creed 4 on the Gamepad screen is kinda awesome in a way).

Personally, I don't know much of the difference between it and other versions, but considering how it's a larger game than 3 and is clearly using the EXACT same engine as 3 (which is at best, just a modified version of the previous engine for the series), it looks unquestionably better than my copy of AC3 on my 360. AC3 also had an embarrassing amount of problems (mainly glitches and framerate drops IIRC), but AC4 runs fairly well and has had minimal issues.

Main disadvantage is that 4 on Wii U didn't really get the DLC but considering 1. how I put 50 plus hours into it and didn't come anywhere close to 100% the game (or even the more notable optional content) and only played a bit of the multiplayer and 2. the fact that the important DLC you can get seperately ala Farcry 3: Blood Dragon, I don't consider it a big deal.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Zizzy

Right on, sounds like I make a good choice. I don't care much for DLC. It has to be an outstanding game for me to put more money into it. Mainly wanted this game for the pirate aspect, didn't really enjoy AC or AC2 that much.

Zizzy

MsJubilee

@Zizzy One last thing if you want a third party game that actually uses the wiiu gamepad very well and the best versions then its console brothers and supports the pro controller.Then darksiders 2 is the game, cause is amazing.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

Zizzy

midnafanboy wrote:

@Zizzy One last thing if you want a third party game that actually uses the wiiu gamepad very well and the best versions then its console brothers and supports the pro controller.Then darksiders 2 is the game, cause is amazing.

I would get it, but I've already got it for 360. But, since I haven't played it, maybe I should trade it and get the Wii U version for when I finally finish the first one.

Zizzy

gustavomartinez

I would really like a new game to the wii u. I love mario 3D world and mario kart 8. DK tropical freeze was ok. Dont like Zelda wind waker. Could anyone recommend some games for me?

gustavomartinez

Walowizard

I posted this in the Mario Kart 8 thread, but maybe this was the more appropriate place to post it. I will just copy/paste what I wrote.

My friends! I have been out of the gaming loop for a few years now, especially Nintendo!

I don't know where to post this, so I will do it here, hopefully won't upset too many people.

I haven't really gamed since middle school, but I am looking to get back into the fold and Nintendo has truly sucked me in with this Mario Kart game.

One problem.... the Mario Kart bundle is SOLD OUT everywhere in my city!! (((

I have come to my new Nintendo friends to ask where I could possibly buy the bundle online..? Or if anyone knows of any places around me that is not sold out yet (I'm in Vancouver)

Thanks

EDIT: The reason I want the MK8 bundle is because of the free game you can get if you buy it?

Could I perhaps buy a different Wii U bundle (eg. Super Mario bros), and buy MK8 separately and still be able to get the free game (eg. WW HD)?

I am not quite sure how the rules work

Walowizard

jariw

Walowizard wrote:

EDIT: The reason I want the MK8 bundle is because of the free game you can get if you buy it?

Could I perhaps buy a different Wii U bundle (eg. Super Mario bros), and buy MK8 separately and still be able to get the free game (eg. WW HD)?

Yes, that would work. But you must activate the free game before the end of this month.

If you want WW HD anyway, you could get the WW HD Bundle, get MK8 separately with Pikmin 3 as the free game.(IMO, Pikmin 3 and WW HD are the best game in the NoA free offer, IMO.)

jariw

Zizzy

jariw wrote:

If you want WW HD anyway, you could get the WW HD Bundle, get MK8 separately with Pikmin 3 as the free game.(IMO, Pikmin 3 and WW HD are the best game in the NoA free offer, IMO.)

Exactly what I did. The WW Bundle gamepad is too awesome to pass up!

Zizzy

rockodoodle

Zizzy wrote:

jariw wrote:

Exactly what I did. The WW Bundle gamepad is too awesome to pass up!

I picked up the WW bundle pretty much for the gamepad. I haven't even played WW yet (got it for Christmas)

rockodoodle

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic