Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 605

AuthorMessage

SleepyCrossing

521. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mass Effect 3 is fun, but it'd be like watching the final Harry Potter film having never watched the rest. Not only will you be lost, but most of the emotional impact of the story and character interactions would be lost on you...

Ahh, that is what I feared. Thanks for letting me know! Still trying to decide whether or not to get Super Mario 3D World or DKC:TF.

3DS Backlog/Playing: Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR3DS, Steamworld Dig
3DS Wishlist: Kirby Triple Deluxe, SSB 3DS, Pokemon AS, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fantasy Life, Persona Q:SOTL
Wii U Backlog/Playing: Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

522. Posted:

What's your preferences with 2D or 3D? Because I find it hard to not recommend both unless you just prefer one or the other...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

523. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wow, there were 6 DLC characters? Most of the rest DLC was just costumes though...

I think there was also some more Star Lab missions as well, but still why pay over $100 for all that when you can pay $60 for the Ultimate version and get all that?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

524. Posted:

The characters are $5 each. Most of that $100 was just the costumes. Still, spending $30 after buying the full game does sound unreasonable.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

525. Posted:

Maybe later down the road consider Sonic & All Stars Transformed Racing. I'd also consider Tekkin and/or Injustice- both have adjustable levels of play. Free game based on your situation- Wii Party U. It's a pretty good party game- great for kids and probably your fiance, tho you might be a little disappointed in that a lot of the games don't really have any depth. Pikmin is excellent.

Crimedogg32 wrote:

I'm looking for a recommendation on which Wii U games to get with my new console. I'm likely going to get either the Nintendo Land bundle or New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi Bros U bundle from GameStop. I will also for sure be purchasing Mario Kart 8 (GameStop is out of the bundles) which includes one free game out of New Super Mario Bros U, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U. I'm looking first and foremost for the best coach co-op game I can play with my Fiance who is not a big gamer (could struggle with extremely difficult games) but trying to get her involved with a good single player the next most important.

Does anyone have any recommendation for which bundle to get along with which free game with Mario Kart to chose based off my situation?

Note: I also have 2 Wiimote Plus+Nunchuck and 2 Classic Controller Pro from my previous Wii.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

526. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wow, there were 6 DLC characters? Most of the rest DLC was just costumes though...

I think there was also some more Star Lab missions as well, but still why pay over $100 for all that when you can pay $60 for the Ultimate version and get all that?

I'd guess that you can get Injustice for about $20 or less on Amazon. It's a pretty good game. I like Tekken better, but Injustice is pretty cool. I don't really have any interest in the DLC tho. I thought it had a pretty decent amount of content.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

527. Posted:

Those are all good choices. 3dWorld is a lot better than 3d Land, but I can see where you might want a pause from that. As I mentioned, I like Sonic and All Stars Transformed a lot- Need for Speed Most Wanted for something more serious. Madden is decent even tho it's 2013. Tekken is pretty awesome.

I'd consider these in the eShop- Bit Trip Runner, Castle Storm, Star Wars Pinball, TNT Racing, Edge......I have Child of Light but haven't played it yet. It has some great reviews.

SleepyCrossing wrote:

I'm looking to fill my Wii U library with a few retail titles, as I only have Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD from the Club Nintendo promotion. What games would I be able to get at a good price and what would you recommend? I also don't know how many full blown retail titles can fit on a Wii U console. How many can you download before your memory is filled up completely? Right now I only have Wind Waker HD as digital and I don't know which games I will be buying physical or digital copies of (depends on prices and availability).

Right now I'm considering:
-Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
-ZombiU
-TW101
-NSMBU or 3DW (though I played 3D land on 3DS so that might be a little repetitive)

Are there any other notable titles I should be aware of? I think I'm definitely going to get ZombiU because I have heard its relatively cheap. I don't know too much about TW101 to be honest. Thanks so much, sorry for the barrage of questions!

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

arnoldlayne83

528. Posted:

SleepyCrossing wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Mass Effect 3 is fun, but it'd be like watching the final Harry Potter film having never watched the rest. Not only will you be lost, but most of the emotional impact of the story and character interactions would be lost on you...

Ahh, that is what I feared. Thanks for letting me know! Still trying to decide whether or not to get Super Mario 3D World or DKC:TF.

I never played any Mass Effect before purchasing a WiiU and I didn't know its universe.... but I love Sci-Fi RPG (knight of the old republic is still on my top ten) so I got it, the intro was enough to give me a grasp on what was going on in ME 1 and 2.... I really had a blast on this game... from my point of view I really suggest you to get it (now will be very cheap i guess)....

For your other question, I vote for Super Mario.... great game to play solo, amazing in coop....

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage

arronishere

529. Posted:

rockodoodle wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'd guess that you can get Injustice for about $20 or less on Amazon. It's a pretty good game. I like Tekken better, but Injustice is pretty cool. I don't really have any interest in the DLC tho. I thought it had a pretty decent amount of content.

Unless your a comic/superhero fan where you become outraged that you can't get Zatanna on the Wii U!!!!

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

530. Posted:

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

the intro was enough to give me a grasp on what was going on in ME 1 and 2....

No, trust me, you didn't. Do you know what the Batarians are? Did you know who kirrahe was? Did you know who Soverign was and how it took a whole fleet to take down even one of those things?

Really, half the experience of that game was the emotional impact, which would be very much lost on you if you didn't experience the rest of the games...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Crimedogg32

531. Posted:

rockodoodle wrote:

Maybe later down the road consider Sonic & All Stars Transformed Racing. I'd also consider Tekkin and/or Injustice- both have adjustable levels of play. Free game based on your situation- Wii Party U. It's a pretty good party game- great for kids and probably your fiance, tho you might be a little disappointed in that a lot of the games don't really have any depth. Pikmin is excellent.

Crimedogg32 wrote:

I'm looking for a recommendation on which Wii U games to get with my new console. I'm likely going to get either the Nintendo Land bundle or New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi Bros U bundle from GameStop. I will also for sure be purchasing Mario Kart 8 (GameStop is out of the bundles) which includes one free game out of New Super Mario Bros U, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U. I'm looking first and foremost for the best coach co-op game I can play with my Fiance who is not a big gamer (could struggle with extremely difficult games) but trying to get her involved with a good single player the next most important.

Does anyone have any recommendation for which bundle to get along with which free game with Mario Kart to chose based off my situation?

Note: I also have 2 Wiimote Plus+Nunchuck and 2 Classic Controller Pro from my previous Wii.

Thanks for the suggestion. Any other people have a ranking for: Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Wii Party U and Zelda Wind Waker HD

Crimedogg32

AuthorMessage

arnoldlayne83

532. Posted:

Crimedogg32 wrote:

rockodoodle wrote:

Crimedogg32 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Any other people have a ranking for: Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Wii Party U and Zelda Wind Waker HD

imho i would get zelda and pikmin.... two masterpiece from Nintendo...... wiiu party is great if u often have 4 or 5 friends to play with. same as nintendoland, which can also be entertaining being solo..... NSMBU is a bit a more of the same of the wii and 3DS chapters....also wonderful 101 is a grgeous game ( i own all of them, hope i can be helpful)

arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage

arronishere

533. Posted:

Crimedogg32 wrote:

Here's how I put them from best to weakest;

Zelda Wind Waker
Pikmin 3
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros U
Wii Party U

If you're looking for multiplayer/co-op I'd go for Nintendo Land first but consider Pikmin 3 & NSMBU too.

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

534. Posted:

Pikmin 3
Wind Waker
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Wii Party U

Although if you have several people who can play games with you, you might opt for Nintendo Land before NSMBU. Nintendo Land is a blast with multiple players. Pikmin 3 is gorgeous, has tons of missions to extend gameplay beyond the campaign, and has a fun multiplayer mode.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

535. Posted:

How glitched is Arkham Origins? Anybody know? Is it a deal breaker? I loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. But after hearing that it was a "glitchy mess", I've stayed away.

CanisWolfred wrote:

arnoldlayne83 wrote:

the intro was enough to give me a grasp on what was going on in ME 1 and 2....

No, trust me, you didn't. Do you know what the Batarians are? Did you know who kirrahe was? Did you know who Soverign was and how it took a whole fleet to take down even one of those things?

Really, half the experience of that game was the emotional impact, which would be very much lost on you if you didn't experience the rest of the games...

I pretty much agree with this. I have the whole trilogy of PS3 and I also have ME3 on Wii U... you lose so much of the experience if you only play the last game. The motion comic skips out on things and it doesn't give you all of the options you would have had if you played the first two. A large part of what makes that trilogy so good is the emotional impact and the attachment you have to characters. A lot of that attachment develops in the second game. Everything is much more meaningful if you have that prior knowledge. If you go right into the third game you probably won't care as much. If you play it like I do, you'll feel like Commander Shepard is an extension of yourself and that your squad mates are your friends. Playing the last game is like only reading the last Harry Potter book after getting filled in on the back story by your friend.

I will say that I like Mass Effect 3 better on Wii U. I think it looks better and it runs smoother. That's why I wish they would have put the trilogy on the system. But the cons are too much for me. guess it wouldn't hurt if you did go right into the third. It's a decent game on it's own, and I bought my copy of it for like $10, so it's pretty cheap, but you miss out on a lot if you skip the first two.

"I am a freedom fighter, the name that history wrote
And even through disaster, eye of the tiger for hope
I'm trying to find my way back, there's no day off for heroes
And even when I'm tired, "go" is the only word I know"

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

536. Posted:

Glad there was somebody who could explain it much better than I could (I was in a hurry).

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

537. Posted:

Mass Effect 2 is a great game that became a full-on masterpiece because of its connection to the first game. Mass Effect 3 is a good game that is only great (especially some of the more dramatic scenes!) because of its connection with the previous two games.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Crimedogg32

538. Posted:

I went with the New Super Mario Bros U bundle as well as Mario Kart and Pikmin 3. Nintendo Land and Wii Party U sounded better for 4 people and Zelda with 1. Thanks for the suggestions.

Crimedogg32

AuthorMessage

jariw

539. Posted:

SleepyCrossing wrote:

Still trying to decide whether or not to get Super Mario 3D World or DKC:TF.

Both. :-) 3D World is like walking into candy store of ideas for the first half, challenging game play for the last half. TF is a 2.5D platformer that's all about gameplay and level design. Both games have really nice graphics and fantastic music.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Project CARS, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

540. Posted:

jariw wrote:

SleepyCrossing wrote:

Still trying to decide whether or not to get Super Mario 3D World or DKC:TF.

Both. :-) 3D World is like walking into candy store of ideas for the first half, challenging game play for the last half. TF is a 2.5D platformer that's all about gameplay and level design. Both games have really nice graphics and fantastic music.

Good answer. Both are essential if you are a Wii U owner. 3d World would be my choice if I had to choice between one or the other bc it's just more playable. DKTF is pretty hard, but I love it still.

rockodoodle