Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 501 to 520 of 602

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

501. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Is Sonic LostWorlds really as mediocre as it looks? Reviews seem to be all over the place on this one.
I've decided not to get Rayman Legends, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Pacman & the Ghostly Adventures OR Resident Evil Revelations. I think i'd rather keep that experience left in the 3DS mother brain-memory bank, if you catch my donatello drift. ;) I would go absotootly' INsane having to revisit the depressing lifeless sh***y Shooter 'filler' junk that soaked up half the bloody experience.

http://i.imgur.com/Ucq6AtH.gif

You don't want to get Rayman Legends? It is awesome! Only Tropical Freeze is better.

BTW, everyone go buy DK: Tropical Freeze right now. It's a truly brilliant game. Best 2D platformer in ages.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

SleepyCrossing

502. Posted:

I'm looking to fill my Wii U library with a few retail titles, as I only have Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD from the Club Nintendo promotion. What games would I be able to get at a good price and what would you recommend? I also don't know how many full blown retail titles can fit on a Wii U console. How many can you download before your memory is filled up completely? Right now I only have Wind Waker HD as digital and I don't know which games I will be buying physical or digital copies of (depends on prices and availability).

Right now I'm considering:
-Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
-ZombiU
-TW101
-NSMBU or 3DW (though I played 3D land on 3DS so that might be a little repetitive)

Are there any other notable titles I should be aware of? I think I'm definitely going to get ZombiU because I have heard its relatively cheap. I don't know too much about TW101 to be honest. Thanks so much, sorry for the barrage of questions!

3DS Backlog/Playing: Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR3DS, Steamworld Dig
3DS Wishlist: Kirby Triple Deluxe, SSB 3DS, Pokemon AS, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fantasy Life, Persona Q:SOTL
Wii U Backlog/Playing: Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

503. Posted:

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Sonic: Lost Worlds
Resident Evil: Revelations
Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

Are the only games I have left to get that I'm interested in. Which one should I make a priority?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

504. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Are the only games I have left to get that I'm interested in. Which one should I make a priority?

I have beat both Ninja Gaiden and Resident Evil and have the other 2 still sealed. I would say make Ninja Gaiden 3 a priority, especially if you like1 & 2. I enjoyed Resident Evil though nothing really stood out about it for me.

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

505. Posted:

I actually played a demo of Razor's Edge since writing that. It kicked my butt quite handily. I should get it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

506. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

You should make it a priority to avoid Sonic Lost World.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

507. Posted:

I'll get Sonic when it's half price. I've actually played the demo and seen videos of further in, and I think it looks great.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

arnoldlayne83

508. Posted:

SleepyCrossing wrote:

I'm looking to fill my Wii U library with a few retail titles, as I only have Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker HD from the Club Nintendo promotion. What games would I be able to get at a good price and what would you recommend? I also don't know how many full blown retail titles can fit on a Wii U console. How many can you download before your memory is filled up completely? Right now I only have Wind Waker HD as digital and I don't know which games I will be buying physical or digital copies of (depends on prices and availability).

Right now I'm considering:
-Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
-ZombiU
-TW101
-NSMBU or 3DW (though I played 3D land on 3DS so that might be a little repetitive)

Are there any other notable titles I should be aware of? I think I'm definitely going to get ZombiU because I have heard its relatively cheap. I don't know too much about TW101 to be honest. Thanks so much, sorry for the barrage of questions!

I would highly recommend ZombieU (for a proper gamepad & horror experience) and TW101 (it's oe of the most awesome games in the decade) if you wanna have something hardcore and though to beat. Don't forget Rayman Legends, probably the best 2D platformer for the Console....

Personally (being an happy WiiU Owner with a massive stack of games to be played) I would also recommend Sonic Lost World (for a Mario Galaxy kind of experience, if you find it on a budget price), Pikmin 3 (just beautiful) and Darksiders 2, a "Zelda-like" RPG open world, with and extremely fun combat system.... you can find it superlowcost, and it was one of the best titles at console launch.

arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage

arnoldlayne83

509. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Is Sonic LostWorlds really as mediocre as it looks? Reviews seem to be all over the place on this one.
I've decided not to get Rayman Legends, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Pacman & the Ghostly Adventures OR Resident Evil Revelations. I think i'd rather keep that experience left in the 3DS mother brain-memory bank, if you catch my donatello drift. ;) I would go absotootly' INsane having to revisit the depressing lifeless sh***y Shooter 'filler' junk that soaked up half the bloody experience.

http://i.imgur.com/Ucq6AtH.gif

Sorry, but having a WiiU and not Having Rayman Legends is a crime against humanity.... the WiiU version is the only 100% full version of the game... and it just play awesome both alone or in multi.... Kung foot is a hilarious "divertissement" with friends.... please, go and get it....

Regarding Sonic, it is really a matter of how much you get use to the controls.... I personally loved that game (being a Mario Galaxy fan I found Lost Word to be the closest game you can get on the console), is various and full of nice ideas.... with Sonic you always have to be cautious on reviews and comments.... it is a game which tends to polarize the audience... you either love it or hate it.... me, never being a sonic fan, I really enjoy it.... if you find it on budget price, get it ;) (IMHO)

Edited on by arnoldlayne83

arnoldlayne83

AuthorMessage

Crimedogg32

510. Posted:

I'm looking for a recommendation on which Wii U games to get with my new console. I'm likely going to get either the Nintendo Land bundle or New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi Bros U bundle from GameStop. I will also for sure be purchasing Mario Kart 8 (GameStop is out of the bundles) which includes one free game out of New Super Mario Bros U, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U. I'm looking first and foremost for the best coach co-op game I can play with my Fiance who is not a big gamer (could struggle with extremely difficult games) but trying to get her involved with a good single player the next most important.

Does anyone have any recommendation for which bundle to get along with which free game with Mario Kart to chose based off my situation?

Note: I also have 2 Wiimote Plus+Nunchuck and 2 Classic Controller Pro from my previous Wii.

Edited on by Crimedogg32

Crimedogg32

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

511. Posted:

Depends whether you want physical disks or digital.

If you want digital you should get one of the bundles that comes with a download code for something.

Mario Kart 8 Download / NSMBU (Free) / NSLU DLC / Windwaker (Maybe ?) free with the console.

If you want disks you are better off with the NSMB bundle.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Crimedogg32

512. Posted:

I don't have a strong preference on disks vs digital. I'd probably lean towards disks just so I don't fill up the hard drive. More concerned with the best combination of games I can get which is a little tough because I could get NSMBU a few different ways (bundle or with Mario Kart) or skip it completely. Kind of depends on what peoples thought are for Nintendo Land, Wind Waker, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U for local co-op.

Crimedogg32

AuthorMessage

jariw

513. Posted:

Crimedogg32 wrote:

I'm looking for a recommendation on which Wii U games to get with my new console. I'm likely going to get either the Nintendo Land bundle or New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi Bros U bundle from GameStop. I will also for sure be purchasing Mario Kart 8 (GameStop is out of the bundles) which includes one free game out of New Super Mario Bros U, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U. I'm looking first and foremost for the best coach co-op game I can play with my Fiance who is not a big gamer (could struggle with extremely difficult games) but trying to get her involved with a good single player the next most important.

Does anyone have any recommendation for which bundle to get along with which free game with Mario Kart to chose based off my situation?

I would recommend the Pikmin 3 for its 2-player co-op and Bingo Battle game modes. They are absolutely fantastic and the concept is pretty easy to understand for anyone who hasn't played the single-player story in Pikmin 3. There are only 5 co-op treasure hunts available in the basic game, but 10 more courses are available as DLC. There are 10 Bingo Battle courses, where the enemies/treasures are randomly placed at each new game. Please note that you need (at least) one extra Wiimote+Nunchuck for the 2-player modes. A Wiimote+Nunchuck is also a great alternative for driving Mario Kart 8, btw.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Project CARS, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Crimedogg32

514. Posted:

jariw wrote:

Crimedogg32 wrote:

I would recommend the Pikmin 3 for its 2-player co-op and Bingo Battle game modes. They are absolutely fantastic and the concept is pretty easy to understand for anyone who hasn't played the single-player story in Pikmin 3. There are only 5 co-op treasure hunts available in the basic game, but 10 more courses are available as DLC. There are 10 Bingo Battle courses, where the enemies/treasures are randomly placed at each new game. Please note that you need (at least) one extra Wiimote+Nunchuck for the 2-player modes. A Wiimote+Nunchuck is also a great alternative for driving Mario Kart 8, btw.

Good point, I should also mention I have 2 Wiimote+Nunchuck and 2 Wii Classic Controllers Pro from my Wii. Thanks for the info on Pikmin 3.

Edited on by Crimedogg32

Crimedogg32

AuthorMessage

jariw

515. Posted:

@Crimedogg32 Although that wasn't part of your question, another game that comes to mind that's fun to play with non-gamers is Mario 3D World.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Project CARS, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Aozz101x

516. Posted:

is Injustice: Gods Among Us good on wii u? i might pick it up on wii u eshop

Nothing to say then this...
FC 3DS: 4690 - 5874 - 1690
Wii U Account: Aozz101x

AuthorMessage

SleepyCrossing

517. Posted:

Trying to find some Wii U titles at good prices online and I see third party games have great prices. So far I think I'm going to get Zombi U and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Also, Any thoughts on Mass Effect 3?

If I had to choose between Super Mario 3D World and DKC:TF which should I pick? I already played 3D Land for the 3DS.

3DS Backlog/Playing: Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR3DS, Steamworld Dig
3DS Wishlist: Kirby Triple Deluxe, SSB 3DS, Pokemon AS, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fantasy Life, Persona Q:SOTL
Wii U Backlog/Playing: Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

518. Posted:

Mass Effect 3 is fun, but it'd be like watching the final Harry Potter film having never watched the rest. Not only will you be lost, but most of the emotional impact of the story and character interactions would be lost on you...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

519. Posted:

Aozz101x wrote:

is Injustice: Gods Among Us good on wii u? i might pick it up on wii u eshop

Sure if you want to spend over $100 to get all the DLC. You are better off buying the Ultimate Edition on PS3, Xbox 360 or PS4. It has all the DLC included without having to pay for it. Sadly the Wii U never got the Ultimate Edition.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

520. Posted:

Wow, there were 6 DLC characters? Most of the rest DLC was just costumes though...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~