Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 481 to 500 of 581

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

481. Posted:

Dr_Corndog wrote:

I finally got my Wii U about 2 weeks ago. NSMBU is fun enough, especially considering how uninspired the "New" Super Mario games are overall. However, ZombiU is straight-up fantastic. If you go in expecting Resident Evil-style action (like that poor reviewer at GameSpot apparently was), you may be disappointed, but as a real survival game it's wonderful. Plus you can get it dirt cheap on Amazon.

nsnbu.... that was my default purchase when i got my system just over a year ago. had no clue what else to get. at first was a little disappointed. i was expecting sometng more like 3d world. but, i eventually started to enjoy it more, especially with off line play while watching a baseball game.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

Dankykong

482. Posted:

I have to recommend Trine 2, to anyone who's not yet played it. It's a great puzzle platformer. It can be a challenge too, apparently so much so people think there are glitches barring them from finishing it but I managed to finish all 20 levels. I even got a fancy "Yeah!" on my Miiverse post from the developer's account about it. Go me lol It's cross platform I believe with just the PS3, but the gamepad actually really helps the Wizard's abilities in making it easier to control, I imagine making it significantly less frustrating than having to use the stick. And it's on sale in the eShop this week!

Edited on by Dankykong

Dankykong

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

483. Posted:

Dankykong wrote:

I have to recommend Trine 2, to anyone who's not yet played it. It's a great puzzle platformer. It can be a challenge too, apparently so much so people think there are glitches barring them from finishing it but I managed to finish all 20 levels. I even got a fancy "Yeah!" on my Miiverse post from the developer's account about it. Go me lol It's cross platform I believe with just the PS3, but the gamepad actually really helps the Wizard's abilities in making it easier to control, I imagine making it significantly less frustrating than having to use the stick. And it's on sale in the eShop this week!

Have we StreetPassed before...?

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

484. Posted:

just here to recommend Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends again

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

485. Posted:

regarding the mario kart 8 free game: should I get Sonic Lost World or NSMBU? That's the only choice I have (have pikmin etc.) When it comes to games:

• I usually hate mario 2d platformers cause they're too difficult for me xD (but maybe this one is easier?)
  • I like space to explore
  • I think the music is very important
  • My friends don't play video games so multiplayer is not an asset
  • I don't care about online
  • I thought the sonic lost world demo was so-so/very average

Which one should I get? Please help, I just can't make up my mind, I've read every review out there and watched gameplay movies etc.. :(

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

486. Posted:

To me, NSBMU is the better game, the level design is actually really good. Although I don't like the music that much, the overall experience was way better for me.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

GTWarrior77

487. Posted:

@Miss_Dark

I recently picked up NSMBU. If it wasn't for the fact that the price was so ridiculously low, I don't know when I would've bought it. Looked too much like NSMBWii. That said, the game is lots of fun but I was surprised at the difficulty level of some of the earlier stages.

Bottomline: I'm glad I picked it up sooner rather than later. The Sonic game never impressed me, so it's an easy choice for me if I had to choose between these 2 games.

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage

electrolite77

488. Posted:

Not a game but for anyone looking for an extra controller I'd recommend the Gioteck GC-2 pad. I got one for £14.99 from GAME yesterday and it's excellent. It functions as a Pro Controller for Wii U and a Classic Controller for Wii. It has a switch on the back to change between the two.

I've tested it with COD:BLOPS II and Super Luigi U as a Pro, and then with SM64 on Wii Channel VC. Best thing about the Wii function is it doesn't have to be attached to a Remote. You have to make sure it's set as Remote 1 before going into the Wii Channel which is a slight inconvenience but it does work.

The pad itself is lovely. Has a shiny front but the back is a different non-slip plastic and allows a good grip. Very nice fit in the hand. Good analogue sticks too, feels a lot like a 360 pad.

For the price I really can't recommend it highly enough. HOWEVER, make sure you get the right one. There was an early edition that doesn't have the Wii Classic Controller compatibility. The one I bought had a shiny sticker on the front that says 'compatible with WII U PRO & WII CLASSIC swap consoles with the unique mode switch'. If the one you see doesn't have this sticker it's not the same thing.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=de4rip&s=8#.U4C-C9q9KK0

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioteck-GC-2-Wireless-Controller-Nint...

http://www.very.co.uk/gioteck-gc2-wii-u-controller-black/1219...

electrolite77

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

489. Posted:

electrolite77: And the Amazon & Very links in your post don't have that sticker either? I'll keep my eyes open for that - I don't like the hassle with the corded controllers on Wii mode, so maybe this'll get me interested enough to start playing Xenoblade and whatever other classic controller -controllable games I have for the system.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?
Now playing: Metroid Prime 2, Endless Ocean 2, Babysitting Mama
Game impressions posts: http://backlogcompactor.blogspot.com/

AuthorMessage

electrolite77

490. Posted:

Pahvi wrote:

electrolite77: And the Amazon & Very links in your post don't have that sticker either? I'll keep my eyes open for that - I don't like the hassle with the corded controllers on Wii mode, so maybe this'll get me interested enough to start playing Xenoblade and whatever other classic controller -controllable games I have for the system.

No they don't, I was just posting them for info really. Judging by the comments on the Very link some people have got the right one. If you see one in the wild or on a website who have a solid record with returns it's well worth it.

Theres a bit more info on the two versions here..... http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gioteck-gc-2-wireless-wii-u-p...

electrolite77

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

491. Posted:

Is Sonic LostWorlds really as mediocre as it looks? Reviews seem to be all over the place on this one.
I've decided not to get Rayman Legends, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Pacman & the Ghostly Adventures OR Resident Evil Revelations. I think i'd rather keep that experience left in the 3DS mother brain-memory bank, if you catch my donatello drift. ;) I would go absotootly' INsane having to revisit the depressing lifeless sh***y Shooter 'filler' junk that soaked up half the bloody experience.

http://i.imgur.com/Ucq6AtH.gif

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

492. Posted:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

@Miss_Dark

I recently picked up NSMBU. If it wasn't for the fact that the price was so ridiculously low, I don't know when I would've bought it. Looked too much like NSMBWii. That said, the game is lots of fun but I was surprised at the difficulty level of some of the earlier stages.

Bottomline: I'm glad I picked it up sooner rather than later. The Sonic game never impressed me, so it's an easy choice for me if I had to choose between these 2 games.

ugh nmbsu will probably be too difficult, im a noob when it comes to 2d mario games xD anyway im gonna go with that one cause I didn't care bout the sonic lost world demo, didn't like it that much

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

GTWarrior77

493. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

@Miss_Dark

ugh nmbsu will probably be too difficult, im a noob when it comes to 2d mario games xD anyway im gonna go with that one cause I didn't care bout the sonic lost world demo, didn't like it that much

For what it's worth, I'm not the greatest 2d platform gamer myself and I'm having a blast with it. A good game will always have you come back for more, even when it's as tough as nails. Hope you enjoy your choice. All the best. :)

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

494. Posted:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

@Miss_Dark

For what it's worth, I'm not the greatest 2d platform gamer myself and I'm having a blast with it. A good game will always have you come back for more, even when it's as tough as nails. Hope you enjoy your choice. All the best. :)

Thanks! :D

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

495. Posted:

The only reason I want Sonic Lost World is the DLC. I didn't like the demo but the DLC looks great

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

496. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Is Sonic LostWorlds really as mediocre as it looks? Reviews seem to be all over the place on this one.
I've decided not to get Rayman Legends, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Pacman & the Ghostly Adventures OR Resident Evil Revelations. I think i'd rather keep that experience left in the 3DS mother brain-memory bank, if you catch my donatello drift. ;) I would go absotootly' INsane having to revisit the depressing lifeless sh***y Shooter 'filler' junk that soaked up half the bloody experience.

I will let you know this time next week. Famitsu gave it all 9's (And they are normally right or at least don't penalise anything with a bit of practice required).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

497. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I think Sonic Lost World is the best game I have on my Wii U currently. (Out of Mario Kart 8 / NSMBU / Sonic Lost World).

I could play it pretty much straight away as well. (The same couldn't be said for Generations where I needed to spend about 10 hrs getting to grips with it properly in order to get the most enjoyable time out of it).

There is no boost which is a bit annoying though. The difficulty is still just normal as well like something like Sonic Adventure 2 was.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

498. Posted:

Which /assassin creed should I get if any 3 or 4?

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

499. Posted:

arrmixer wrote:

Which /assassin creed should I get if any 3 or 4?

4, easily. Especially if you want a pirate game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

500. Posted:

Thanks!

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR