Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 461 to 480 of 619

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

461. Posted:

Need some advice on what game to get from the new deal Nintendo is offering for registering Mario Kart 8. Should I get Sonic Lost World, The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Wind Waker HD?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

KingKoopa1982

462. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Need some advice on what game to get from the new deal Nintendo is offering for registering Mario Kart 8. Should I get Sonic Lost World, The Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Wind Waker HD?

If you've never played Wind Waker before, get that. If you have, no need to rebuy it necessarily. So, if you've played it already, get Monster Hunter. Absolutely engrossing game! W101 is okay. A lot of people love it but I'd choose Zelda or Monster Hunter over it any day.

KingKoopa1982

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

463. Posted:

KingKoopa1982 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

If you've never played Wind Waker before, get that. If you have, no need to rebuy it necessarily. So, if you've played it already, get Monster Hunter. Absolutely engrossing game! W101 is okay. A lot of people love it but I'd choose Zelda or Monster Hunter over it any day.

Yeah I've played WW before (Still got my special edition copy) but I haven't played it in around 5 years so was debating getting the Wii U version, I had Tri on Wii but I've heard Ultimate has 50% more content the only thing holding me back is not wanting to get burnt out on the series as I want to play MH4 on release. W101 look good I don't know I never felt like running out and getting it, Sonic Lost World just sounded like a mixed bag but I still kinda want to try it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

KingKoopa1982

464. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

KingKoopa1982 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Yeah I've played WW before (Still got my special edition copy) but I haven't played it in around 5 years so was debating getting the Wii U version, I had Tri on Wii but I've heard Ultimate has 50% more content the only thing holding me back is not wanting to get burnt out on the series as I want to play MH4 on release. W101 look good I don't know I never felt like running out and getting it, Sonic Lost World just sounded like a mixed bag but I still kinda want to try it.

Well, good luck! You've got a tough decision to make. I honestly can't recommend W101 over Zelda or Monster Hunter, but you may love it. A lot of people do. I live in the US so I can't get Sonic, which is the one I would pick if I could. So, I'll probably end up with Pikmin 3.

KingKoopa1982

AuthorMessage

jariw

465. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

NavySpheal wrote:

Considering the new deal Nintendo is offering for registering Mario Kart 8 (check the front page) I have a question: should I get Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker HD?

Have you already played WW on gamecube? Buy Pikmin. If not uh... it depends on what you like best.

WW:
PRO

• takes longer
  • plenty of sidequests that are really cool
  • great music, great characters
  • one of my top 5 zelda games

CON

• the second part of the game is kinda tough, I got lost rofl
  • not many changes if you already played the GC version

Pikmin 3:
PRO

• the graphics are beautiful
  • new pikmin types, they're so cute xD
  • one of the best real strategy game series I've played, very original
  • some boss battles can get pretty tough
  • extra downloadable content

CON

• the story line is not that long, it could have been longer imo
  • I still prefer pikmin 2 because of the underground caves, though I can't really explain why

One more huge PRO regarding Pikmin 3 - fantastic local 2-player gaming modes (outside the single player story mode).

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

466. Posted:

If you want a fighting game that rewards hyperagressiveness, and like cool ending scenes when you beat the arcade mode, I highly recommend Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

467. Posted:

If you are in Europe: Get Wonderful 101. It is unique, has a really clever battle system, amazing spectacle, mind-blowing bosses, and the best end-game I have ever played. It is a tad sexist, though.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

Dr_Corndog

468. Posted:

I finally got my Wii U about 2 weeks ago. NSMBU is fun enough, especially considering how uninspired the "New" Super Mario games are overall. However, ZombiU is straight-up fantastic. If you go in expecting Resident Evil-style action (like that poor reviewer at GameSpot apparently was), you may be disappointed, but as a real survival game it's wonderful. Plus you can get it dirt cheap on Amazon.

Dr_Corndog

Nintendo Network ID: DrCecilCorndog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

469. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

If you are in Europe: Get Wonderful 101. It is unique, has a really clever battle system, amazing spectacle, mind-blowing bosses, and the best end-game I have ever played. It is a tad sexist, though.

To be fair, they're paying homage to old Tokusatsu shows, which did have a tendancy to be rather sexist (Hey guys, the only girl on our team is the pink ranger! She's a clutzy bimbo who's frequently getting herself in trouble! Isn't that adorable?!)

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

jariw

470. Posted:

Dr_Corndog wrote:

I finally got my Wii U about 2 weeks ago. NSMBU is fun enough, especially considering how uninspired the "New" Super Mario games are overall.

They put their inspiration into Super Mario 3D World.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

471. Posted:

So, I found an Afterglow Wii U Pro Controller for $20 at Wal-Mart. It seems like a pretty good deal, but I'm unfamiliar with the brand. Can anyone recommend it or not? And are any potential flaws offset by the markedly lower price?

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Dr_Corndog

472. Posted:

jariw wrote:

Dr_Corndog wrote:

I finally got my Wii U about 2 weeks ago. NSMBU is fun enough, especially considering how uninspired the "New" Super Mario games are overall.

They put their inspiration into Super Mario 3D World.

Yeah, the 3D Marios continue to be brilliant and innovative. It's the "New" series that's a regular retread. Good, fun, but well worn.

Dr_Corndog

Nintendo Network ID: DrCecilCorndog

AuthorMessage

devinias

473. Posted:

Anyone played thee new Spider-Man game? What are your thoughts? I am looking to get it soon.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0607-0425 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

474. Posted:

hey guys wondering if any one can recommend me on what free game to get with mario kart?
i already own wind waker, w101, pikmin, nsmbU, and nintendoland.

i dont think i fancy monster hunter, i cant see myself playing one game for 100+ hours. and also mario and sonic doesnt really seem like my thing.
so im left with wii party U, game and wario or sonic lost world. i wouldnt mind another party game but ive heard pretty poor reviews for both wario and partyU.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

jariw

475. Posted:

Big_L91 wrote:

hey guys wondering if any one can recommend me on what free game to get with mario kart?
i already own wind waker, w101, pikmin, nsmbU, and nintendoland.

i dont think i fancy monster hunter, i cant see myself playing one game for 100+ hours. and also mario and sonic doesnt really seem like my thing.
so im left with wii party U, game and wario or sonic lost world. i wouldnt mind another party game but ive heard pretty poor reviews for both wario and partyU.

None of those 3 titles you seem to select among are excellent IMO. Do you like 3D/2D Sonic runner games? If not, go for any of the party games (note that many of the Game & Wario games can only be played by 1 player).

Looking forward to:

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

476. Posted:

@jariw right, thats making me lean towards wii party then. i really enjoyed sonic generations and colours but with the deadly six edition still in all shops near me i think id rather pick this up with the extra content if i do.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

477. Posted:

Ok, here's the thing, I'm considering stepping outside my comfort zone when it comes to gaming, and are gonna buy (for sure) Darksiders II and (perhaps) Mass Effect 3. Here's the thing though: I've heard Mass Effect is a great game and all, but my friends told me that I need to play all the games in the series, since it's so in depth with the story and all. What do you guys say? Have you played only the third installment of the series, and did it work out well, or would you have preferred to play ME 1 and 2 first?

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

jariw

478. Posted:

DdFixen wrote:

Ok, here's the thing, I'm considering stepping outside my comfort zone when it comes to gaming, and are gonna buy (for sure) Darksiders II and (perhaps) Mass Effect 3. Here's the thing though: I've heard Mass Effect is a great game and all, but my friends told me that I need to play all the games in the series, since it's so in depth with the story and all. What do you guys say? Have you played only the third installment of the series, and did it work out well, or would you have preferred to play ME 1 and 2 first?

I haven't played ME3, but the Wii U version is supposed to have "an interactive backstory experience detailing previous events in the Mass Effect universe" that should give the needed background of ME1+2.

Looking forward to:

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

479. Posted:

jariw wrote:

DdFixen wrote:

I haven't played ME3, but the Wii U version is supposed to have "an interactive backstory experience detailing previous events in the Mass Effect universe" that should give the needed background of ME1+2.

Yeah, so I've heard, but I wonder if it's enough?

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

KingKoopa1982

480. Posted:

@DdFixen It's enough, I think. I've played through the first one, missed the second, and have recently started 3 on the U. Even without having played the first one, the interactive comic at the beginning does a good job of getting you caught up. You even get to make a few choices in it to customize your game a bit.

Edited on by KingKoopa1982

KingKoopa1982