Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 971

jariw

Dr_Corndog wrote:

I finally got my Wii U about 2 weeks ago. NSMBU is fun enough, especially considering how uninspired the "New" Super Mario games are overall.

They put their inspiration into Super Mario 3D World.

jariw

Auracle

So, I found an Afterglow Wii U Pro Controller for $20 at Wal-Mart. It seems like a pretty good deal, but I'm unfamiliar with the brand. Can anyone recommend it or not? And are any potential flaws offset by the markedly lower price?

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Dr_Corndog

jariw wrote:

Dr_Corndog wrote:

I finally got my Wii U about 2 weeks ago. NSMBU is fun enough, especially considering how uninspired the "New" Super Mario games are overall.

They put their inspiration into Super Mario 3D World.

Yeah, the 3D Marios continue to be brilliant and innovative. It's the "New" series that's a regular retread. Good, fun, but well worn.

Dr_Corndog

Nintendo Network ID: DrCecilCorndog

devinias

Anyone played thee new Spider-Man game? What are your thoughts? I am looking to get it soon.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Big_L91

hey guys wondering if any one can recommend me on what free game to get with mario kart?
i already own wind waker, w101, pikmin, nsmbU, and nintendoland.

i dont think i fancy monster hunter, i cant see myself playing one game for 100+ hours. and also mario and sonic doesnt really seem like my thing.
so im left with wii party U, game and wario or sonic lost world. i wouldnt mind another party game but ive heard pretty poor reviews for both wario and partyU.

put it on.

jariw

Big_L91 wrote:

hey guys wondering if any one can recommend me on what free game to get with mario kart?
i already own wind waker, w101, pikmin, nsmbU, and nintendoland.

i dont think i fancy monster hunter, i cant see myself playing one game for 100+ hours. and also mario and sonic doesnt really seem like my thing.
so im left with wii party U, game and wario or sonic lost world. i wouldnt mind another party game but ive heard pretty poor reviews for both wario and partyU.

None of those 3 titles you seem to select among are excellent IMO. Do you like 3D/2D Sonic runner games? If not, go for any of the party games (note that many of the Game & Wario games can only be played by 1 player).

jariw

Big_L91

@jariw right, thats making me lean towards wii party then. i really enjoyed sonic generations and colours but with the deadly six edition still in all shops near me i think id rather pick this up with the extra content if i do.

put it on.

ITAFTRS

Ok, here's the thing, I'm considering stepping outside my comfort zone when it comes to gaming, and are gonna buy (for sure) Darksiders II and (perhaps) Mass Effect 3. Here's the thing though: I've heard Mass Effect is a great game and all, but my friends told me that I need to play all the games in the series, since it's so in depth with the story and all. What do you guys say? Have you played only the third installment of the series, and did it work out well, or would you have preferred to play ME 1 and 2 first?

ITAFTRS

jariw

DdFixen wrote:

Ok, here's the thing, I'm considering stepping outside my comfort zone when it comes to gaming, and are gonna buy (for sure) Darksiders II and (perhaps) Mass Effect 3. Here's the thing though: I've heard Mass Effect is a great game and all, but my friends told me that I need to play all the games in the series, since it's so in depth with the story and all. What do you guys say? Have you played only the third installment of the series, and did it work out well, or would you have preferred to play ME 1 and 2 first?

I haven't played ME3, but the Wii U version is supposed to have "an interactive backstory experience detailing previous events in the Mass Effect universe" that should give the needed background of ME1+2.

jariw

ITAFTRS

jariw wrote:

DdFixen wrote:

I haven't played ME3, but the Wii U version is supposed to have "an interactive backstory experience detailing previous events in the Mass Effect universe" that should give the needed background of ME1+2.

Yeah, so I've heard, but I wonder if it's enough?

ITAFTRS

GerudoKing

@DdFixen It's enough, I think. I've played through the first one, missed the second, and have recently started 3 on the U. Even without having played the first one, the interactive comic at the beginning does a good job of getting you caught up. You even get to make a few choices in it to customize your game a bit.

Edited on by GerudoKing

GerudoKing

rockodoodle

Dr_Corndog wrote:

I finally got my Wii U about 2 weeks ago. NSMBU is fun enough, especially considering how uninspired the "New" Super Mario games are overall. However, ZombiU is straight-up fantastic. If you go in expecting Resident Evil-style action (like that poor reviewer at GameSpot apparently was), you may be disappointed, but as a real survival game it's wonderful. Plus you can get it dirt cheap on Amazon.

nsnbu.... that was my default purchase when i got my system just over a year ago. had no clue what else to get. at first was a little disappointed. i was expecting sometng more like 3d world. but, i eventually started to enjoy it more, especially with off line play while watching a baseball game.

rockodoodle

Rumorlife

I have to recommend Trine 2, to anyone who's not yet played it. It's a great puzzle platformer. It can be a challenge too, apparently so much so people think there are glitches barring them from finishing it but I managed to finish all 20 levels. I even got a fancy "Yeah!" on my Miiverse post from the developer's account about it. Go me lol It's cross platform I believe with just the PS3, but the gamepad actually really helps the Wizard's abilities in making it easier to control, I imagine making it significantly less frustrating than having to use the stick. And it's on sale in the eShop this week!

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

kyuubikid213

Dankykong wrote:

I have to recommend Trine 2, to anyone who's not yet played it. It's a great puzzle platformer. It can be a challenge too, apparently so much so people think there are glitches barring them from finishing it but I managed to finish all 20 levels. I even got a fancy "Yeah!" on my Miiverse post from the developer's account about it. Go me lol It's cross platform I believe with just the PS3, but the gamepad actually really helps the Wizard's abilities in making it easier to control, I imagine making it significantly less frustrating than having to use the stick. And it's on sale in the eShop this week!

Have we StreetPassed before...?

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kkslider5552000

just here to recommend Wonderful 101 and Rayman Legends again

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Spanjard

To me, NSBMU is the better game, the level design is actually really good. Although I don't like the music that much, the overall experience was way better for me.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

GTWarrior77

@Miss_Dark

I recently picked up NSMBU. If it wasn't for the fact that the price was so ridiculously low, I don't know when I would've bought it. Looked too much like NSMBWii. That said, the game is lots of fun but I was surprised at the difficulty level of some of the earlier stages.

Bottomline: I'm glad I picked it up sooner rather than later. The Sonic game never impressed me, so it's an easy choice for me if I had to choose between these 2 games.

Edited on by GTWarrior77

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

electrolite77

Not a game but for anyone looking for an extra controller I'd recommend the Gioteck GC-2 pad. I got one for £14.99 from GAME yesterday and it's excellent. It functions as a Pro Controller for Wii U and a Classic Controller for Wii. It has a switch on the back to change between the two.

I've tested it with COD:BLOPS II and Super Luigi U as a Pro, and then with SM64 on Wii Channel VC. Best thing about the Wii function is it doesn't have to be attached to a Remote. You have to make sure it's set as Remote 1 before going into the Wii Channel which is a slight inconvenience but it does work.

The pad itself is lovely. Has a shiny front but the back is a different non-slip plastic and allows a good grip. Very nice fit in the hand. Good analogue sticks too, feels a lot like a 360 pad.

For the price I really can't recommend it highly enough. HOWEVER, make sure you get the right one. There was an early edition that doesn't have the Wii Classic Controller compatibility. The one I bought had a shiny sticker on the front that says 'compatible with WII U PRO & WII CLASSIC swap consoles with the unique mode switch'. If the one you see doesn't have this sticker it's not the same thing.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=de4rip&s=8#.U4C-C9q9KK0

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioteck-GC-2-Wireless-Controller-Nint...

http://www.very.co.uk/gioteck-gc2-wii-u-controller-black/1219...

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Pahvi

electrolite77: And the Amazon & Very links in your post don't have that sticker either? I'll keep my eyes open for that - I don't like the hassle with the corded controllers on Wii mode, so maybe this'll get me interested enough to start playing Xenoblade and whatever other classic controller -controllable games I have for the system.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

electrolite77

Pahvi wrote:

electrolite77: And the Amazon & Very links in your post don't have that sticker either? I'll keep my eyes open for that - I don't like the hassle with the corded controllers on Wii mode, so maybe this'll get me interested enough to start playing Xenoblade and whatever other classic controller -controllable games I have for the system.

No they don't, I was just posting them for info really. Judging by the comments on the Very link some people have got the right one. If you see one in the wild or on a website who have a solid record with returns it's well worth it.

Theres a bit more info on the two versions here..... http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gioteck-gc-2-wireless-wii-u-p...

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic