Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 441 to 460 of 597

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

441. Posted:

I posted this in the General Recommendation thread but didn't know there was a Wii U-specific one... I'm looking for your favourite local multiplayer titles on Wii U. Can be eShop or anything.

What I plan on getting:

Super Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, Mario Kart 8, Trine 2, NSMBU, NintendoLand, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3.

(Has anyone played Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 in multiplayer? Any good?)

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

442. Posted:

Zero Suit Samus looks great. I may actually try playing as her to test the waters of being a main. Compared to my favorites from Brawl, there's quite a few new characters who could be new mains; Villager, Rosalina, the new Bowser, the new Peach, Charizard, and Zero Suit Samus.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

dkxcalibur

443. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

I posted this in the General Recommendation thread but didn't know there was a Wii U-specific one... I'm looking for your favourite local multiplayer titles on Wii U. Can be eShop or anything.

What I plan on getting:

Super Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, Mario Kart 8, Trine 2, NSMBU, NintendoLand, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3.

I own 3D World, DKCTF, Nintendoland, and New Super Mario Bros. U w/ New Luigi. We play all of them locally but our favorites to play together are 3D World and Nintendoland. The other two have local multiplayer but they are more fun on your own then with another player or group.

I downloaded Wonderful 101's demo and played through the demo twice. I thought it was just okay so I never had the urge to buy it at full price. I felt like I did a lot of button smashing during fights and it felt chaotic at times. I did notice that you can pick it up for between $20-$30 now which seems like a great deal.

I'm going to buy Kart on day one. I pre-ordered it at Target and I'm ready to drive. Both my sons loved Rayman Origins on the 360 and my youngest son loves playing Legends on the in-store kiosk so we might pick that up soon. My oldest son wants Wii Party U, and I want either Pikimin 3 or Windwaker. But then there's all the 3DS games we want..........

dkxcalibur

AuthorMessage

afro_insomniac

444. Posted:

I'd say that Super Mario 3D World and Nintendoland are you best bets for local multilplayer.

Both games are tailored for local multiplayer and you really can't go wrong with either game. The other games you mentioned (mostly platformers) are doable, but are better enjoyed as single player experiences since the 2D plane really limits the room players have on screen. 3D World in comparison does a much better job at giving players breathing room and keeping the experience fun for everyone.

Of course once Mario Kart and Smash Bros come out those will be the must have local multiplayer games on the system.

Edited on by afro_insomniac

afro_insomniac

AuthorMessage

DakotaM47

445. Posted:

Since there's no Wii U VC Reccommendations Thread, I'll ask here. Is Advance Wars a copy of Fire Emblem? I'm interested in it, but can't decide if I want it or not. Golden Sun seems interesting, too. I'm in need of an RPG. (Defenders of Oasis didn't really fill that in) Is Golden Sun a good RPG?

Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Newcomer Hopes:
1. Shulk
2. Slime
3. Takamaru

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

jariw

446. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

The battle and co-op modes (for 2 players) Pikmin 3 are fantastic. We play some of those courses every week. IIRC, the main story in Pikmin 3 is single-player only.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Project CARS, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

447. Posted:

Advance Wars is NOT a copy of FE. Advance Wars also has a currency system weaved in, via which you can pay for units. These units are generic, losing units will only affect your score instead of the story as well. There's also a capturing system which let you capture strategic points which can be used for healing and taking cover. FE has a better story but AW will always be the favorite of the two. I hope you'll get it. It really is a gem, @Gold.

Edited on by Sjoerd

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

448. Posted:

I just joined the Wii U club after ordering a $200 refurbished console from Nintendo.com. I know which games are at the front of my list (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends, and DKCR: Tropical Freeze, primarily), but I wanted to get impressions on some of the system's other games. For instance, is NSMB U better than the samey ones on the DS? How is the Luigi DLC game in comparison? And is Lego City Undercover on the Wii U significantly better than the 3DS one?

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

449. Posted:

@Ralizah
NSMB.U was my favorite. I played the Wii one, and have the 3DS one, but I didn't like them nearly as much. The levels just seem more advanced and fluid. I haven't played Lego City on 3DS, but I would think the Wii U one is more advanced. The graphics will obviously be better. I think the area is the same, with more to do, but as I said, I'm not entirely sure.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DakotaM47

450. Posted:

Advance Wars is on my list, then. Is Kirby Amazing Mirror any good? It has mediocore reviews and has a Metroidvania feel. I love Kirby, but I'm not so sure if I want Amazing Mirror.

PS Triple Deluxe is my next 3DS game I want.

Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Newcomer Hopes:
1. Shulk
2. Slime
3. Takamaru

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

EskobarM92

451. Posted:

Waiting on my Wii U Zelda Edition. I ordered Mario 3D world, cant wait. I'll most likely pick up Zombie U later.
I'll look trough this thread for games.

Have:
Mario 3D World
Zelda Windwaker HD

Want:
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
New Super Mario Bros U
Zombie U
Yoshis Land
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros

Edited on by EskobarM92

3DS: 5172-1882-1291
Wii U: EskobarM92

Nintendo Network ID: EskobarM92

AuthorMessage

Mine01

452. Posted:

Oh man i bought a couple of weeks ago Sonic all star racing... ill just sell it once mk8 hits.

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

453. Posted:

Bought Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD. Can't wait to try them out once the Wii U arrives!

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

faint

454. Posted:

Gold wrote:

Advance Wars is on my list, then. Is Kirby Amazing Mirror any good? It has mediocore reviews and has a Metroidvania feel. I love Kirby, but I'm not so sure if I want Amazing Mirror.

PS Triple Deluxe is my next 3DS game I want.

i like amazing mirror. it's kinda short tho.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

faint

455. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I just joined the Wii U club after ordering a $200 refurbished console from Nintendo.com. I know which games are at the front of my list (Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends, and DKCR: Tropical Freeze, primarily), but I wanted to get impressions on some of the system's other games. For instance, is NSMB U better than the samey ones on the DS? How is the Luigi DLC game in comparison? And is Lego City Undercover on the Wii U significantly better than the 3DS one?

the 2 lego city games are completely diffrent. diffrent storys, game play style, and objectives. the wii u version is a must have. the 3ds one is ok if you get it on sale.

AuthorMessage

faint

456. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

What I plan on getting:

pikmin muti is great with anybody. 101 multi is also good but requires a experienced gamer to just jump in and play with you without having played thru the game. the learning curve is quite high for newbies

AuthorMessage

mipaol

457. Posted:

I figure this is a good place to profess my love for Little Inferno, a deliciously twisted and surprisingly addictive indie game by Tomorrow Corporation where you purchase various items from catalogs and when they arrive you burn them in your Little Inferno Entertainment Fireplace, take that materialism!

Whoa, I just realized that the first letters of "Little Inferno Fireplace Entertainment" spell life, mind blown. o_O

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

AuthorMessage

NavySpheal

458. Posted:

Considering the new deal Nintendo is offering for registering Mario Kart 8 (check the front page) I have a question: should I get Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker HD?

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

459. Posted:

NavySpheal wrote:

Considering the new deal Nintendo is offering for registering Mario Kart 8 (check the front page) I have a question: should I get Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker HD?

Have you already played WW on gamecube? Buy Pikmin. If not uh... it depends on what you like best.

WW:
PRO

• takes longer
  • plenty of sidequests that are really cool
  • great music, great characters
  • one of my top 5 zelda games

CON

• the second part of the game is kinda tough, I got lost rofl
  • not many changes if you already played the GC version

Pikmin 3:
PRO

• the graphics are beautiful
  • new pikmin types, they're so cute xD
  • one of the best real strategy game series I've played, very original
  • some boss battles can get pretty tough
  • extra downloadable content

CON

• the story line is not that long, it could have been longer imo
  • I still prefer pikmin 2 because of the underground caves, though I can't really explain why

Edited on by Miss_Dark

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

NavySpheal

460. Posted:

@miss_dark Thanks for the detailed reply. I've never played either, but I've played a Zelda game. I've never played a Pikmin game before, I will probably choose that.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.