Forums

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 971

rockodoodle

I like 3d World MUCH more than NSMBU...... But seeing as you just got your system with two mario games- I recommend that you get it but maybe get Pikmin, Rayman, W101, even Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze first. I like NSMBU- but 3d World is a purchase that justifies buying the system. NSMBU, while it's fun, isn't quite at the level of 3d World. I'd give NSMBU an 8.5 and Mario 3d World around a 9.75. My main complaint is that the depth perception is a bit tricky sometimes.....

Of the ones that I mentioned, I think Rayman is a must have too, around the same level as 3d World.

CanisWolfred wrote:

parkerjames wrote:

Hey guys, just picked up the NSMBU bundle and thinking about getting SM3DW. Do you think its worth getting right away since NSMBU is a Mario platformer as well? What are the main differences?..they look very similar to me.

This:

Looks similar to this?

I'm not really seeing it...

rockodoodle

DefHalan

I kinda want a first person shooter for Wii U, something with great multiplayer. I know there are two Call of Duty games and a 007 shooter. Are there others? Which one is the most recommended and I am hoping for something on the cheaper side but nothing is off limits

EDIT: I want a local option but online would be nice

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

^I was actually craving that, too, but sadly, those are your only options. I'm tempted to pick up 007 despite swearing off that franchise after Goldeneye...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

^I was actually craving that, too, but sadly, those are your only options. I'm tempted to pick up 007 despite swearing off that franchise after Goldeneye...

I have been kinda leaning towards 007 just because I think it will be a better couch experience

Skjeva

Isnt deus ex fps?

Skjeva

Turnip

Just ordered a Wii U Deluxe set a few days ago, and was wondering which games I should get first.
MH3U is pretty much a given, as long as the sale is still going on by the time my Wii U arrives. Any other recommendations are welcome.

Cringing is really fun.

DefHalan

AtaraxiaX wrote:

Just ordered a Wii U Deluxe set a few days ago, and was wondering which games I should get first.
MH3U is pretty much a given, as long as the sale is still going on by the time my Wii U arrives. Any other recommendations are welcome.

ZombiU is good and cheap

Doobie

@CanisWolfred Dont feel bad! That game is worth every penny!

Doobie

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1731-2248

jump

Is Warriors Orochi 3 worth a go? I'm thinking of getting just because it's the same team behind Hyrule Warriors.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CanisWolfred

arronishere wrote:

Is Warriors Orochi 3 worth a go? I'm thinking of getting just because it's the same team behind Hyrule Warriors.

If you can get it for really cheap, it has a lot of content that'll keep you busy if it turns out to be your thing.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rezalack

@CanisWolfred You know, if you bought it at Target, you may be able to take the receipt in there with you and get the $20. I know Best Buy does that if something goes on sale within a certain amount of time after buying it. Always worth a shot.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Rezalack

Well, it's a great game and the online challenges are pretty addicting for a while. I think I've seen it for cheaper than that price, although it may have been around black friday.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Linkus

I'm thinking about getting either Assassin's creed 4 or splinter cell blacklist. Both are at pretty low price. Any opinions about the games are welcome, thanks!

Linkus

Falchion

I want a new game for my Wii U, its been too long.
My choices are:
The Wonderful 101 (didnt like the demo, but it is acclaimed and cheap)
Sonic Lost World (was gonna get it b4 the lukewarm reviews)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (never played this wii game)

Falchion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic