Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 261 to 280 of 619

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

261. Posted:

So I got 25 euro left on my debit card, and for that price I can get one videogame between Ninja Gaiden 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Resident Evil Revelations or Splinter Cell: Blacklist. I don't know what to get since I have no experience with almost any of these series (the only franchise I know is Resi, and I stopped playing it after the fourth episode). I'm wondering which one of these games has the best value for money in terms of actual gameplay quality and length. I don't really have a favourite genre.

I'm really tempted by Splinter Cell: Blacklist because I know absolutely nothing about this serie, but I don't want to end up with a game that you play, beat and then shelve after 7 hours...

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

262. Posted:

Dues Ex gets my vote. Resident Evil's good, too, but Dues Ex is great stuff in the 360, and the Wii U DC version is better from what I've seen. Plus its the most bang for your buck, over 20 hours on your first run.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

263. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Dues Ex gets my vote. Resident Evil's good, too, but Dues Ex is great stuff in the 360, and the Wii U DC version is better from what I've seen. Plus its the most bang for your buck, over 20 hours on your first run.

cheers for the info - Game & Wario was an option I forgot to mention, but I went with Deus Ex in the end (and it's left me enough money on the debit card to buy the Pikmin 3 DLC in December!).
Still curious about the other titles though. I haven't read the reviews (I never do) but from the videos of Revelations, Blacklist and Ninja Gaiden 3, they all look pretty fun.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

264. Posted:

spizzamarozzi wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

cheers for the info - Game & Wario was an option I forgot to mention, but I went with Deus Ex in the end (and it's left me enough money on the debit card to buy the Pikmin 3 DLC in December!).
Still curious about the other titles though. I haven't read the reviews (I never do) but from the videos of Revelations, Blacklist and Ninja Gaiden 3, they all look pretty fun.

Ninja Gaiden is balls-to-the-wall hard. I played a demo on the PS3 on easy and was absolutely demolished. I retried it 20 times and could not beat it, and I played Ninja Gaiden I and II a fair amount. If that sounds exciting to you, though, then its definitely one to keep an eye on.

Again, Revelations is good stuff. If you haven't played an RE game recently, there's a demo on the eshop to try that I thought was a fairly good indicator of what to expect.

I know nothing of Blacklist, either...I haven't played a Splinter Cell game since Double Agent, and it seems the series has changed a lot since then.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DakotaM47

265. Posted:

Anyone recommend Tekken 2 (Wii U) for $12.99? I personally thought it was a good price. Is Sonic Racing (Wii U) also a good deal for $34.99?

Most Hyped Games:
Sm4sh U
Zelda U
Splatoon
Omega Ruby
Sunset Overdrive
Dragon Quest Heroes
Final Fantasy XV

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

266. Posted:

Gold wrote:

Anyone recommend Tekken 2 (Wii U) for $12.99? I personally thought it was a good price. Is Sonic Racing (Wii U) also a good deal for $34.99?

Both great games. You might be able to find Sonic cheaper, but even at that price it's good. Two of my favorites.....

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

267. Posted:

I'm also a little bit tempted at snagging Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for $19.99......The only time I was ever into Tekken was with the original release back on the PS1, the sequel however left a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't know, there's just something lifeless & extremely artificial about this franchise. I was never a big fan of the more robotic, slightly delayed clunky game play....Perhaps i'm just growing tired of most fighting games, there are a few expections like Smash Bros with a splash of Street Fighter, but that's really it for me these days. I think i'll hold off and just try out the demo if it's even available on the eShop. :P

The same deal goes for RE: Revelations(I'm still annoyed that Capcom didn't include pointer controls, or used the gamepad's screen as the scanner item, Sniper Rifle and that they didn't include shaking & pushing forwad the gamepad to shove off enemies.) & Rayman Legends(Hated origins, and i most likely will hate sequel). Going to have to dip into the eShop demo's before i make the call.

Oh and just a quick question, does The Wonderful 101 run in 60 frames per second?

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

268. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Oh and just a quick question, does The Wonderful 101 run in 60 frames per second?

Yes.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Nuuzen

269. Posted:

Gonna be grabbing my Wii U tomorrow, and so far I have Super Mario 3D World, Tekken Tag 2 and NFS Most Wanted. Anything else I should grab in the meantime? :)

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

270. Posted:

Pikmin, rayman, nintendoland, Wii u party, madden, zombie u, sonic & all stars transformed

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

271. Posted:

@Nuuzen
Nintendo Land for multiplayer (As long as you have Wiimotes)

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

cookiex

272. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Yes.

There's some lag issues towards the end of the game (though tbf the screen is littered with stuff at that point) but most of the time it'll run at that frame-rate, yes.

I bought Splinter Cell Blacklist on Wii U at a Black Friday sale yesterday (it was only €15), I heard that version was plagued by long loading times but does the game run well otherwise?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Wavetactic

273. Posted:

I have Sonic Lost World coming in the mail soon. Any thoughts on the game about what to expect? Many mixed reviews on the web.

If anyone still hasn't picked up Pikmin 3 or SM3DW yet, you should reconsider! ;)

Nintendo Network ID: Wavetactic
3DS FC: 2363-5654-7330
Resident Evil: Revelations
Mario Kart
Kid Icarus: uprising
Animal Crossing
Pokemon X

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

274. Posted:

Wavetactic wrote:

I have Sonic Lost World coming in the mail soon. Any thoughts on the game about what to expect? Many mixed reviews on the web.

Expect the worst. Honestly, I'd recommend not even opening it and sending it back for a refund.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Wavetactic

275. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Wavetactic wrote:

Expect the worst. Honestly, I'd recommend not even opening it and sending it back for a refund.

Good to know

Nintendo Network ID: Wavetactic
3DS FC: 2363-5654-7330
Resident Evil: Revelations
Mario Kart
Kid Icarus: uprising
Animal Crossing
Pokemon X

AuthorMessage

sinanziric

276. Posted:

Guys help me buy few good games for £200

My Library includes:

1. New Super Mario Brothers U
2. Pikmin 3
3. Need For Speed Most Wanted U
4. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD
5. Sonic all star racing transformed
6. Call of duty black ops 2
7.NBA 2k13
8. Darksiders 2
9. Trine 2
10. BIT TRIP RUNNER 2
11. Star Wars pinball

I am going digital only, what should I buy?
I was thinking about

1. Wonderful 101
2. Sonic Lost Worlds
3. Super Mario 3D Land (well this one is for sure)
4. ___________
5. ___________

What to add in these 2 spots? I am undecided... (p.s. I love all good games, I am not genre oriented so I am undecided)

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

277. Posted:

1. Super mario world
2. The wonderful 101
3. Rayman Legends
4. Deus ex
5. MHU

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

278. Posted:

Wavetactic wrote:

If anyone still hasn't picked up Pikmin 3 or SM3DW yet, you should reconsider! ;)

There's a demo if you want to sample it first.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

279. Posted:

Wavetactic wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't really say I'm enjoying it. I bought it a couple weeks ago and still haven't finished it. It just doesn't feel right somehow. Sonic's movements are a bit janky: nothing feels very smooth or "in place." The speed doesn't bother me, because I don't mind that they were trying for something a little different, but if the controls and gameplay just aren't fun, then I can't recommend the game.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

280. Posted:

Does any of the bundles comes with physical editions of the games?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid