Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 181 to 200 of 451

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

181. Posted:

Mahe wrote:

You seemed to have a leaning towards racing games, and Excite Truck is really quite a fantastic game even today. You can also get it pretty cheap, even if you get an additional SD card for the custom music if you don't have one at the ready.

Sorry about that, I didn't know you were talking to me. I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm trying to focus on just Wii U games here. I've actually played Excite Truck a few times and could never really get into it.

Edited on by ChrisT99

I've had a tough life with lots of ups and downs, but I'm working on improving it.

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

182. Posted:

I have all four and play sonic the most.... NFS is cool too. Don't care much for the other two, but probably haven't given them a chance that they deserve.

ChrisT99 wrote:

I'm back here, and seeing how Need for Speed isn't shipping until Monday now, I might as well reconsider, so I ask again: which game should I get?

These are the only games that are in my price range (< $25), so any help would be greatly appreciated once more.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

183. Posted:

@Everyone Edit: It already shipped and will be here sometime next week. Thanks for all the help.

Edited on by ChrisT99

I've had a tough life with lots of ups and downs, but I'm working on improving it.

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7

AuthorMessage

sinanziric

184. Posted:

any good 3rd party this year except Ubisoft and SEGA?

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

185. Posted:

sinanziric wrote:

any good 3rd party this year except Ubisoft and SEGA?

indie indie indie indie indie indie indie indie probably batman indie indie indie maybe that disney infinity indie indie indie ducktales is technically not indie and indie

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Il-Fortissimo

186. Posted:

Not getting a Wii U until Smash. Any good games besides Pikmin 3 and NSMBU/NSLU?

This Super Mario Sunshine avatar clearly illustrates how I'm feeling.

I actually own a few Pianta outfits at home.

Examining magical paintbrushes is one of my hobbies.

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

187. Posted:

While I was going to wait for Smash Bros., Mario 3D World, and Mario Kart 8 to get a Wii U, I will be picking it up soon. We are getting New Super Mario Bros. U and downloading Ducktales. I have played them both, and they were a blast!

Currently Playing:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code: 0962-9815-9838

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

188. Posted:

Exclusives-- Zombie U is cool. I like Sonic, Isn't lego undercover exclusive- heard great things but don't have it. Tekkin, Madden 13, NFS, Zen Pinball- but these are available on other systems....

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

Not getting a Wii U until Smash. Any good games besides Pikmin 3 and NSMBU/NSLU?

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

pkee

189. Posted:

For the past year, I let my ties to gaming fade away. It was an important year for me as I was doing exams and as a result had to spend more time studying and less time playing games. After finally getting accepted to college this week, I want to get back into the run of things, dedicate more time to my passion.
I say this like I didn't pick up a joypad for the past year, I've still been playing plenty of games (Fire Emblem being the stand out title), just far less than usual. And also, the games I have been playing have all been handheld, I want to make a return to console gaming.
I've been keeping an eye on NintendoLife for the past year, and while sometimes it was difficult to see new games coming out that I couldn't get, it does mean that an entire library of new games (and even systems) are on the market.
I think now seems as good of time as any to buy a Wii U, and I would like to get the Premium bundle. I'm in Ireland, and while I do want the console, it does seem quite expensive, especially with added software (Possibly NSMBU and Batman, to begin with).
I would like to ask the good members of NintendoLife if now IS a good time to buy a Wii U or if I would be better off leaving it until nearer Christmas, and if so where to buy it, and even some suggestions of games. If anyone could help me I would be very grateful.

3DS Friend code: 1719 - 3164 - 9836
Hey. I'm Paul Keegan. And, I, am the man.

AuthorMessage

stupidpupil

190. Posted:

First off — welcome back to your passion! I hope it is a glorious reunion.

To answer your question, word is that a deluxe set bundled with Wind Waker is coming soon-ish: http://www.destructoid.com/report-wii-u-32gb-with-wind-waker-...

So if that sounds interesting, wait a little longer!

As for game recommendations, Pikmin 3 is all I have... but I love it to death and would recommend it in a heartbeat.

stupidpupil

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

191. Posted:

Now is a good time to take the plunge. I bought mine in April and have no regrets. Many of the first wave of games are half off (at least here in the U.S.) or in some cases less than $20- zombie u, mass effect, need for speed. Pikmin isn't a "system maker," but it's a great game. Wonderful 101 look like a good title. There's at least a half dozen really good titles coming out in the next three months- Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, Sonic, Rayman, Mario 3d, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Bayonetta, plus several other coming out after the new year.

pkee wrote:

For the past year, I let my ties to gaming fade away. It was an important year for me as I was doing exams and as a result had to spend more time studying and less time playing games. After finally getting accepted to college this week, I want to get back into the run of things, dedicate more time to my passion.
I say this like I didn't pick up a joypad for the past year, I've still been playing plenty of games (Fire Emblem being the stand out title), just far less than usual. And also, the games I have been playing have all been handheld, I want to make a return to console gaming.
I've been keeping an eye on NintendoLife for the past year, and while sometimes it was difficult to see new games coming out that I couldn't get, it does mean that an entire library of new games (and even systems) are on the market.
I think now seems as good of time as any to buy a Wii U, and I would like to get the Premium bundle. I'm in Ireland, and while I do want the console, it does seem quite expensive, especially with added software (Possibly NSMBU and Batman, to begin with).
I would like to ask the good members of NintendoLife if now IS a good time to buy a Wii U or if I would be better off leaving it until nearer Christmas, and if so where to buy it, and even some suggestions of games. If anyone could help me I would be very grateful.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

anthonypolito93

192. Posted:

wii u needs an achievement/trophy system wide it will give people more incentive to buy the console and the games and will gill give games massive replay and rebuy ability please nintendo if you read this...we need a systemwide trophy/achievement system for all wii u and nintendo eshop games also ik the wii u is powerful we need older game ports like all the cods bf3 homefront dantes inferno the mass effect trilogy and so on and we definitely need a system wide achievement/trophy system for all games...thank you for your time

anthonypolito93

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

193. Posted:

@pkee

I'm with rockodoodle on this one, now is a great time to buy one. Just got mine this past week, and while there aren't a ton of games out until late this year/early next year, it's the best time to slowly get back into it. I picked up NSMB U and downloaded Ducktales, both have kept me very busy, along with Nintendo Land (which came with the system). You can't go wrong with some of those $20-$25 launch titles, either. I wanted to pick up my Wii U before the crazy influx of AAA titles coming in 2014, so that I wasn't buying the system then like $300 worth of amazing games all at once.

Currently Playing:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Pokemon X

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code: 0962-9815-9838

AuthorMessage

Badjacoon20

194. Posted:

I thought about starting a new topic on this, but it is a recommendation so I'll just throw it in here!
I think Nintendo should make a version of the "classic controller" that is an exact replica of the N64 controller for the wii U.
I have Mario Kart 64 on my VC and it is so much harder to play with the classic controller, so I always end up dusting of my original N64 when I want to play some Kart.
I could also see this controller being nice for some other games, (Zelda, 3d Mario etc.). If they released this controller with the new Mario Kart 8 for an extra cost I would buy it almost regardless of the price. To me, even the gamecube and wii mario karts never felt right (controller) compared to the 64 version.
Anyone else got an opinion on this?

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

AuthorMessage

yojo

195. Posted:

Just picked up Lego City Undercover, and the first half hour is going great!

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

AuthorMessage

devinias

196. Posted:

Wondering should I pick xenoblade up?? I know it is $80 but still cheaper than most.

Currently playing: Zelda:ALBW, Pokemon X, Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey IV and Untold, Luigis Mansion...more to come!! :)

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0607-0425 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AuthorMessage

Pahvi

197. Posted:

I also got Lego City Undercover yesterday and put in some 5h in the first evening alone. As said, the loading times are long but thankfully sparse. I think the previous level (the mine) I was at took me at least 45 minutes to clear and I'm not sure I had any loading screens between entering and exiting the mine.

A bigger problem is that the city is filled with studs that respawn. Rather than taking the straight route to the patrol car at the end of the straight pier, I ended up wandering around, attempting to collect all the studs and LEGO pieces I could find. Now, imagine my horror when I saw that some studs had already respawned - I couldn't progress without leaving studs behind. </exaggeration> But really, I did feel a pang in my heart upon the realization.

Honestly, though, walking down longer planks over gaps is occasionally a pain since it's too easy to fall down.

There are no objective "must-buys" or "must-haves", only "must-try".

AuthorMessage

pkee

198. Posted:

@stupidpupil @rockodoodle @suburban_sensei , thank you all for the advice! :) I think I will take stupidpupil's advice and hold off for the wind waker bundle at this stage, as its not that far away and gives me an opportunity to save some money! That way, I should have and be playing by at least Christmas and its only a matter of time until the real big-hitter games start arriving. Thanks for the help again :)

3DS Friend code: 1719 - 3164 - 9836
Hey. I'm Paul Keegan. And, I, am the man.

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

199. Posted:

Should I get Wonderful 101 or Rayman Legends???
I think wonderful 101 is a new IP I'd like to support, and I adored the demo, but I am worried the inputs for the unite morphs will get too ridiculously complicated.
I enjoyed the demo for Rayman, but I would probably prefer to get it on a price drop, so Ubisoft knows the stupidity of its delay (Also, I'll have more time for it later), though I know I will adore the whole game.
What should I pick??? I will eventually buy both.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

200. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

Should I get Wonderful 101 or Rayman Legends???
I think wonderful 101 is a new IP I'd like to support, and I adored the demo, but I am worried the inputs for the unite morphs will get too ridiculously complicated.
I enjoyed the demo for Rayman, but I would probably prefer to get it on a price drop, so Ubisoft knows the stupidity of its delay (Also, I'll have more time for it later), though I know I will adore the whole game.
What should I pick??? I will eventually buy both.

I've heard quite people complain bout camera issues in wonderful 101 but I didn't play it so I'm not sure.

Bout Rayman Legends: the game is amazing. Check youtube:

• castle rock
  • quick sand
  • orchestral chaos

and see for yourself ;)

Edited on by Miss_Dark

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)