Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 671

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

161. Posted:

I love sonic and all stars transformed.... would also recommend injustice and Zen Pinball either/both star wars and marvel

Torchwood wrote:

I just bought a Wii U and I'm going to get the following games-
NSMBU, Nintendo Land, ZombiU, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Arkham City Armored Edition, ACIII, Black Ops 2, Darksiders 2, and Monster Hunter 3.

Are there any other retail games that are already out that I should consider getting?

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

162. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I'm using the Wii classic controller pro on my Wii U. Is the analogue stick supposed to be so sensitive? Any way to change that? Is the Wii U pro controller any different?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Peek-a-boo

163. Posted:

I know Pikmin 3 is out this week (hooray!), but I cannot believe that since launch, the only two games really worth buying are Super Mario Bros. U (the Luigi DLC was disappointing) and LEGO City Undercover.

... really poor show.

Been a Nintendo fan for years and I cannot remember a more appalling start to a consoles life!

Peek-a-boo

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

164. Posted:

@Peek-a-boo I can only partly agree with you, though you might not like the games I like. There's NFS Most Wanted, Tekken, Nano Assault, Injustice, Little Inferno and Sonic All-Star Racing to name a few. I've liked all of them even though not all of these names aren't worth getting a Wii U for. In fact, There still isn't a killer-app, I agree with you there. But for the poor souls who got a Wii U because they were persuaded by Pikmin as a launch-title, there was enough to keep you busy IMO. The list of Killer-apps can finally grow starting this month. In fact, It's probably the start of the killer-app list.. Can't wait for Pikmin!

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

Peek-a-boo

165. Posted:

@Sjoerd ... trouble is, I have a PlayStation 3 and some of those games on your list came out before the Wii U version or were quite a fair bit cheaper, especially Need For Speed: Most Wanted, which wasn't as good as Hot Pursuit anyway!

I played Little Inferno on my iPad as I got World of Goo on it too (the GamePads screen doesn't support multi-touch either) however, Gunman Clive was a nice distraction for a couple of hours. Nano Assault Neo is technically pretty, but nowhere as fun to play as Geometry Wars or Super Stardust HD.

Still, after a surprisingly poor seven months, Pikmin 3 is finally here on Friday.

Let's hope things improve from here onwards.

Peek-a-boo

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

166. Posted:

@Peek-a-boo Ah, that makes sense. Geometry Wars is great indeed. I'm still sceptical though, they still have a lot of catching up to do..

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

belmont

167. Posted:

Greetings fellow games. I just bought a new Wii U basic for just 200 euros! I have not seen much of the games available and I know there isn't much variety but I would like some recommendations. I mostly play rpg/jrpg and adventure games but I would try any good game. However I have a Vita/PS3/Wii(now I am transferring my VC games, too pad you cannot use Wii mode off tv) so I most likely have played any multiplatform release. Also prepaid cards are not sold here so e-shop games is not an option for me which is bad since I see some interesting games.

The only "bad" think I see so far is that the menu is sort of slow.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

168. Posted:

You bought your wiiu a year too early man :P I'd go for pikmin 3 since everyone seems to love it and critics are very positive bout it.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

169. Posted:

any sales in the US?? i saw teken for just $20 at target and batman and mass effect for 30 .. sucks that i already bought batman and mass effect... teken any good?

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

Relias

170. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

I need help with which of these games to get.

Should I get:

• New Super Mario Bros. U (for $45)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us (for $40)
  • Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition (for $25)
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted U (for $20)

I listed the prices because my parents are very, very tight on money, therefore I need to know which option presents the best value for the money.

For the Price

Sonic All Stars Racing.. will deliver the goods..

of the entire list..

I would go with Injustice: Gods Among Us.. it has a lot of content and characters and is well worth buying.. you might also find it cheaper online..

Of course I would try and get all these at sometime.. and while Need for Speed is good.. IMHO Sonic just barely scrapes by it for the win.. (But it's very close)

Edited on by Relias

I am a wild and free Ninetails not a trainer.. get over it...

3DS Friend Code: 4570-6835-5697

AuthorMessage

Suicune

171. Posted:

belmont wrote:

Greetings fellow games. I just bought a new Wii U basic for just 200 euros! I have not seen much of the games available and I know there isn't much variety but I would like some recommendations. I mostly play rpg/jrpg and adventure games but I would try any good game. However I have a Vita/PS3/Wii(now I am transferring my VC games, too pad you cannot use Wii mode off tv) so I most likely have played any multiplatform release. Also prepaid cards are not sold here so e-shop games is not an option for me which is bad since I see some interesting games.

The only "bad" think I see so far is that the menu is sort of slow.

1. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
2. Earthbound
3. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (Coming Soon)
4. Project X by Monolith Soft (Coming Soon)
5. Bayonetta 2 (Coming Soon)

Basically, buckle up because the games are coming but it may take a little.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

172. Posted:

I have both. Sonic is way better. NFS is one of the pointless stupid games but is fun to play. Sonic is my favorite game. Injustice is also stupid but very fun and playable.

I'd rate as follows:

Sonic
Injustice
Mario
NFS.....

They are all worth a look at these prices tho. Mario is like playing with an old friend. Pretty cool and nostalgic, but I think you might find the other two more entertaining.

ChrisT99 wrote:

@Relias I should mention that all those prices are from Amazon.com, which I have a $25 gift card for. Does that change your reccomendation at all?

I know that NfS and Sonic are completely different types of racers, but what are some pros and cons of each?

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

jdarrell

173. Posted:

arrmixer wrote:

any sales in the US?? i saw teken for just $20 at target and batman and mass effect for 30 .. sucks that i already bought batman and mass effect... teken any good?

I got Tekken recently and it's been a blast, but I'm just spamming offline with random characters. Learning all the moves/combos and counter reaction times looks frustrating.

jdarrell

AuthorMessage

renaryuugufan92

174. Posted:

so far my favorites have been~
1. EarthBound (Mother 2)
2. Need For Speed : MWU
3. New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U

ina few days tho Pikmin 3 will become one of my favorites~! =D

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: Nick kun13 | Steam: Nick_kun13
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & XBONE
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874 | Nintendo Network ID: Nick-kun13

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

175. Posted:

Tekken is cool. got that one too. NFS is down to like ten dollars.

jdarrell wrote:

arrmixer wrote:

I got Tekken recently and it's been a blast, but I'm just spamming offline with random characters. Learning all the moves/combos and counter reaction times looks frustrating.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

176. Posted:

I'm back here, and seeing how Need for Speed isn't shipping until Monday now, I might as well reconsider, so I ask again: which game should I get?

These are the only games that are in my price range (< $25), so any help would be greatly appreciated once more.

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

Mahe

177. Posted:

Get Excite Truck for Wii if you haven't played it already. Also get a 2 GB SD memory card (not SDHC) so you can put your own music into the game.

Mahe

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

178. Posted:

Mahe wrote:

Get Excite Truck for Wii if you haven't played it already. Also get a 2 GB SD memory card (not SDHC) so you can put your own music into the game.

Wouldn't this fit better on the Wii Recommendations Thread?

Edited on by ChrisT99

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

179. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

I'm back here, and seeing how Need for Speed isn't shipping until Monday now, I might as well reconsider, so I ask again: which game should I get?

These are the only games that are in my price range (< $25), so any help would be greatly appreciated once more.

I'd go with Batman, personally. It's one of the best games I've played in a while, all in all very well done, blows the other games out of the water.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

Mahe

180. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Wouldn't this fit better on the Wii Recommendations Thread?

You seemed to have a leaning towards racing games, and Excite Truck is really quite a fantastic game even today. You can also get it pretty cheap, even if you get an additional SD card for the custom music if you don't have one at the ready.

Mahe