Wii U Forum

Topic: Wii U Recommendations Thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 609

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

101. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Well if you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 than I would suggest getting Batman Arkham City on those systems instead of the Wii U. For one thing you can get the GOTY edition cheaper for those two systems and the use of the gamepad isn't really a deal breaker for that game, I mean its good but not $30 more good. Same thing I am guessing with Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed you can probably get cheaper on the Xbox or PS3.

With that said I would probably go in this order (mind you this is if you have the other systems I am not sure if you do or not)

1. Lego City
2. New SUper Mario Bros U
3. Injustice

The only other video game system I have is a 3DS. What would the list be like then?

Well than I would suggest

1. Batman Arkham City
2. Lego City
3. New Super Mario Bros U

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

102. Posted:

With the launch of the Wii U Virtual Console service coming any day now, I have another decision to make. Do I save up to buy New Super Mario Bros. U (a purchase that is at least 5 months away) or do I go ahead and buy Super Mario World from the Nintendo eShop for $7.99 (a purchase that I could do as soon as it becomes available)?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

103. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

With the launch of the Wii U Virtual Console service coming any day now, I have another decision to make. Do I save up to buy New Super Mario Bros. U (a purchase that is at least 5 months away) or do I go ahead and buy Super Mario World from the Nintendo eShop for $7.99 (a purchase that I could do as soon as it becomes available)?

If you aren't going to be able to get New Super Mario Bros. U for another 5 months then I would suggest getting Super Mario World now. How long will it take you to save up 8 more dollars?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

104. Posted:

@DefHalan That's why I said I could buy it right when it's available, because I currently have $9.11 on my Wii U eShop.

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

105. Posted:

Assassins Creed 3
Call of Duty 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U

This is basically they only games that I have on the Wii U so I'm recommending this.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

106. Posted:

Ok, my poll for Wii U games is officially over. Based on votes from you guys and my school friends, my next three Wii U games will be as follows:

• Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Lego City Undercover
  • New Super Mario Bros. U

Now that you guys have been so kind to help me with this, could you please help me with a similar decision over on 3DS Recommendations Thread (http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/3ds_recommendations_thread?start=960)? Thank you all.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

Jack_Package

107. Posted:

Dude. If you're worried about building a collection of games that you'll grow tired of, then basing every purchasing decision on votes made by strangers on the internet is not a good idea.

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

108. Posted:

@Towels I just like ti see what everyone else thinks it a good game. I'm only 13, so I don't really have money to waste, thus why I want to know which games are the BEST.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

109. Posted:

@Towels Besides, it's not like I just randomly pick a list of games, they are all games that I am actually interested in. It's just that I need guidance on which ones to buy first (otherwise I get really impulsive).

Edited on by ChrisT99

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

RikuzeYre

110. Posted:

Why dont you get monster hunter. That will suck you right in. I'd get Injustice if you have Super Mario world and get Monster Hunter 3u next

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

111. Posted:

RikuzeYre wrote:

Why dont you get monster hunter. That will suck you right in. I'd get Injustice if you have Super Mario world and get Monster Hunter 3u next

I am not ivory interested in Moster Hunter and I plan to get Super Mario World later today.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

RikuzeYre

112. Posted:

Dont like action games?

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

113. Posted:

No, I do like action games.

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

114. Posted:

@RikuzeYre
I've decided I don't really want New Super Mario Bros. U, which of these games should I get in it's place (you can choose from this list or you can recommend any Wii U game):

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Assassin's Creed III
Darksiders II
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
Need for Speed Most Wanted U
Zen Pinball 2 (eShop, with required DLC, $2.99 per table)

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

115. Posted:

Out of all those games you listed I'd easily recommend Arkham City. It's a great game and another port done well in my opinion. I enjoyed the campaign a lot and it was worth the long wait for a Wii U version. Also having all of the DLC on disc is nice.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

116. Posted:

@Hunter-D

Are the controls on Arkham City adjustable, so I can make it lefty-friendly for myself? Or is it already pretty lefty-friendly?

My YouTube Channel

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

117. Posted:

Whoa, what's with the new star symbol on the page?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

118. Posted:

It's stickied now.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

119. Posted:

@CanisWolfred And that means...? Is it a new feature of NL or something?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

120. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's stickied now.

And what does that mean?

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii