Forums

Topic: Which games MUST Nintendo show at E3 2013?

Posts 21 to 40 of 57

ShadJV

E3 isn't what it once was. Anything new that Nintendo shows off will likely just be for the casual crowd, since it's a big media event. Nintendo Directs will cover the core crowd. Sure, there will be demos of core games but I'm not expecting a lot of new information there.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

shingi_70

Sony and Microsoft usually get 90-100 minutes while Nintendo is 60 minutes

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ernest_The_Crab

They'll most likely show off everything they said they would show off. That most likely means Smash Bros (Wii U version), Super Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart, if I remember right, with some of them being playable. We might see another trailer for the new Monolith Soft title but yeah I suspect that's what they'll show. Well maybe Pokemon.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

CM30

I agree with everyone who's said E3 is still important. Yeah Nintendo Directs are good, but Nintendo could really win back a lot of public opinion by showing their best upcoming titles at E3, and they could also take a lot of the hype away from Microsoft and Sony's new consoles. After all, a new console is nice, but can any of its launch lineup possibly compete with Super Smash Bros 4 or the next big 3D Mario game? If Nintendo plays their cards right, they could even get some people to hold off buying their competitors systems for a while...

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

gaDronilDdos

Superman 64 HD

/e: with motion controls

Edited on by gaDronilDdos

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

MarioKenny1992

gaDronilDdos wrote:

Superman 64 HD

/e: with motion controls

it'll be GOTY for sure

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

Zolgar

Hoping to hear some more from Monolith Soft about 'X' (Xenoblade? Xenogears?). Truly excited for that, as I LOVED Xenoblade Chronicles, and it seems to be pretty damn similar.

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

skywake

Sony_70 wrote:

However for the main stream media where most of the population atikk gets their tech and gaming news E3 is still pretty important as it usually gets more media attention

Lets be honest here... the mainstream media go in there, talk about a couple of motion controlled games and walk out. The main reason for the public side of these sorts of events is to test the waters and judge what the public reaction is before a product goes to market. The hype is incidental and only just barely reaches the mainstream media.

So for announcements E3 is pretty much useless at this point. They can do an online show and it'll have exactly the same impact as a press conference. As we saw with the Wind Waker HD announcement it works pretty damn well. What they can't as well through the internet are all of the behind doors stuff and the tech demos and hands on preview type stuff especially for new hardware.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shingi_70

I'd still disagree before E3 last year alot of my friends didn't know stuff like Halo 4 or the Wii U were coming out.

E3 is similar to ces in that regard. My mom just bought a fit bit mostly because they had a ces section on the today show spotlighting it.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Amigaengine

Rumbler wrote:

Games Nintendo must show:
Super Smash Bros. 4
Mario Kart Wii U
Super Mario 3D Project
Pokémon X and Y
Monolith's new project
Shin Megami Tensei/Fire Emblem

Is there a time limit to how long Nintendo and the other companies have to show their projects?

These games must be shown and if possible playable at E3 ! Sneak peak at Retro's new work would also be sweet.

In my opinion Nintendo must have a strong 3rd party showing at E3 for Wii U. Other than Project Cars I cannot think of another 3rd party game that is scheduled for this fall that is even considered a must have ? For the Wii U to be "Gamecube 1.5" they are gonna have too get some games announced and shown for this console.

Amigaengine

skywake

@Sony_70
I didn't say it has no value just that it's not needed for announcements anywhere near as much as it was just a few years ago. Looking at Nintendo's official Youtube Channel the videos from the last Nintendo Direct have between 100k and 500k views which is hardly trivial. That's with virtually zero hype, no expectation of an announcement and with something that wouldn't be an auto-win at E3. If they post an announcement trailer on youtube it will be shared around and that'll be what gets people talking about it.

And yes, E3 is still needed in the same way that CES is needed. Some things you can't explain in a trailer, some things you need to see hands on impressions. This wasn't the question though, the question was what games must be at E3 and whether or not E3 is needed to generate hype. I honestly don't think it is. If they put a trailer for the Wii U Mario game they're working on their youtube channel right now with zero fanfare it'd have a good 5 mill views within the week.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ThePirateCaptain

I'd expect them to show the games that they just announced at the Nintendo Direct in addition with a few 3DS games. Aside from 3DS, i'm not really anticipating any new reveals, but hey, they surprised us in the ND.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Drawdler

E3 certainly isn't important as it was with ND, although not as many casuals would know about that than E3. Direct is certainly for a less casual audience, though, which will generate most hype for people who tend to visit game sites and all.
Announcement-wise, E3's cycle is pretty much cool year, cool-but-not-as-cool year, and bad year, repeat, or something like that, but purely press-wise it's probably more invaluable.
On-topic, they're already showing off double Mario and Smash Bros. They should also show off:

• Yarn Yoshi (IF that's possible at that point)
  • New 3rd party games
  • Actual footage of Wind Waker HD (If they haven't done it by then)
  • Pokémon X and Y
  • More 3DS games
  • Anything else they need to show off

They'll have strong competition this year, but with the power of games, they can achieve anything!

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

MarioKenny1992

They should release footage of Big Rigs Over the Road Racing HD. Now you can easily drive up walls and spin backwards really fast in glorious HD!

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

shingi_70

@skywake

I get what you mean. As far as generating hype it certainly depends on the game and the individual your trying to get hyped. The new 3D Mario is the type of game that no matter what will get you hyped and doesn't need a 3D showing due to how great its predecessors were. But a Mario Kart is the type of game IMO that needs a E3 showing to get impressions. Thus far the announcement of the game hasn't done much to get hyped as its something that already expected to be announced and I personally think will be pretty bland,

Retro's game is definitely being held for E3 for the pure factor gather as much hype as it can, Nintendo's conference is after Sony and Microsoft who will no doubt show off their next systems. Nintendo is really going to want to have a major technical showcase to disperse all of the Wii U is behind the times talk.

WAT!

gaDronilDdos

MarioKenny1992 wrote:

They should release footage of Big Rigs Over the Road Racing HD. Now you can easily drive up walls and spin backwards really fast in glorious HD!

Big rigs is GOTYAYEY

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

Joeynator3000

Probably Zelda Wii U, along with some Wind Waker HD footage/info. I do hope they haven't forgotten about Zelda 3DS. >_>
Also more info on X and Y, and Smash Bros. since they kinda, er, said it'll be at E3, lol. (oh yeah, Mario U too)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

MarioKenny1992

gaDronilDdos wrote:

MarioKenny1992 wrote:

Big rigs is GOTYAYEY

It is game of the year after year after year after year after year after year after year!

Big_L91

wont be any zelda U i dont think. im going to say they will show Mario kart U, Mario U and smash bros for sure. I also think they will show ZombiU2 and im hopeing for some big name Jrpgs not that im a huge fan of the genre but there a dieing breed of games and i think nintendo could really do well from that market.

put it on.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.