Forums

Topic: Which games MUST Nintendo show at E3 2013?

Posts 1 to 20 of 57

Chrono_Cross

Nintendo doesn't have to do anything this E3 because E3 isn't important.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

abINC4L

Everything they have ready to show pretty much, like the article stated, those 5 games definitely. There's also Miyamoto's brand new IP although I don't think Retro's project is a new IP, more like bringing back a franchise since that's what they've been doing so far (first Metroid then Donkey Kong). They also need to show off more footage of Monolith Soft's game along with some extra goodies like the Wii U MarioKart and some eShop titles.

Also I'm hoping the rumor is true about Nintendo securing a major 3rd party exclusive that's going to make a bigger impact than the Bayonetta 2 news did (and we all know how that exploded and got out of hand). Many speculate that the 3rd party game is from Square-Enix and if that's true, there's no other game in my mind that would make more sense than Final Fantasy Versus XIII (all things considered).

Remember though, many of the best E3s have been when 1st parties show off games, probably the only excellent E3 I could think of when a console was revealed was 2004 with the reveal of the DS (I don't know how any of the E3's went before that one).

And lol are Chrono_Cross's comment. True because to the gaming world, E3 has grown less significant, plus with Nintendo_Direct, they already have their way to sharing news with the world that's just as (if not more) effective than E3.

Edited on by abINC4L

NNID: AB88INC4L

skywake

They don't need E3 anymore, they answered all my questions in the last Nintendo Direct. I'm happy without it and will be looking forward to it just for footage of new Marios, Smash Bros and Kart. Anything else is a bonus.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

moomoo

In terms of fending off competition, it'll probably be tough, since I'm guessing we'll see a lot of new IPs this E3, if the beginning of each console generation is any indication. There will be many surprises this E3.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

kyurem6298

smash bros , mario kart , the 3d mario , and pokemon x and y then i would be happy

Pokemon X and Y
Kid Icarus Uprising
MK7
Pokemon Black 2
3ds fc 5069 4359 1187

shingi_70

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I disagree. While E3 may not mean that much to gamers due to things like Nintendo Correct and Nintendo and Microsoft want to control their own news flow.

However for the main stream media where most of the population atikk gets their tech and gaming news E3 is still pretty important as it usually gets more media attention

Its the biggest reason why Microaofts conference last year had more than games and was about pushing stuff that appeals to that market.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

BenAV

We're getting our first glimpse of Smash Bros. and (unless something goes wrong) there'll be a playable version of the new 3D Mario and Mario Kart, so that alone is enough to satisfy me.
Anything else is just a bonus.
I'd love to see what Retro is working on and some actually footage of Wind Waker HD, but regardless it'll be a good show.
Monolith Soft's game is what I want to see and hear more about the most, but this E3 is probably not the most likely place we'll hear more about that I wouldn't think.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

The_Fox

Good ones.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

photofool83

EARTHBOUND.

Some of my favorite games:
Ghost Trick, StarFox 64, WarioLand: Shake It, Kid Icarus, The Legendary Starfy, Endless Ocean: Blue World, Zelda: Minish Cap, Pokemon Snap, Diamond Trust of London, Gyromite, Katamari Damacy, EarthBound, Mario Kart 7, and Sonic Generations(PS3).

shingi_70

Well we know

EAD Tokyo 3D Mario
Mario Kart
Wind Waker HD
Yoshi Epic Yarn
Wii U party
Bayonetta 2
Pokemkn X and Y
Smash Bros

Now you just have to sort out what will be at the conference. Also beyond pokemon I'm expecting Nintendo to have two round tables in the evening.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

EvilLucario

Must show?

Mario, Mario, and did I mention Mario?

In all sorts of seriousness, they need to demonstrate Monolith's game with a demo, as well as showing off Miyamoto and Retro's games.

Oh, and what the hell is NST working on after Crosswords Plus?

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

zoroarkrules25

All those games plus everything in the nintendo direct and some new titles.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

rallydefault

Whether or not E3 is still important, you can bet your bottom dollar that Microsoft and Sony are going to be brining their "A" games, so you can't let the whole "E3 doesn't matter anymore" battle whine rule your sentiment. Nintendo has to stand strong against its competition when it's game time, and as far as the competition is concerned, E3 is still game time.

That being said, I personally believe that Nintendo MUST show the new 3D Mario game, Smash Brothers, a glimpse into its Zelda projects, AND RETRO's project. Aside from that, I predict Nintendo will also show off some sort of brand-new functionality of the gamepad, and it's gonna have to be awesome for the gaming press to care. Assuming Sony and Microsoft tease their new consoles (or even unveil them), this is the minimum Nintendo needs to do to fight back.

rallydefault

Peidorrento

Pilotwings and Endless Ocean.

"A vingança nunca é plena, mata a alma e a envenena" - Seu Madruga
Presidente, CEO, Programador e único empregado da Peidosoft.
https://www.facebook.com/nonamefornowsoft

SparkOfSpirit

The games they hinted at in the Direct is enough for me. Anything else is gravy.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

ClassicJetterz

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I agree with this to an extent. With the continuous Nintendo Directs, we're getting a steady flow of information. So E3 isn't their big showcase anymore.
However, I think it is VERY important for the attendees to try their new games.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

KingDunsparce

Well, those in the article plus Mario Kart U and the rest of Direct games. Nintendo's new IP (mentioned around a year ago) would be good too.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.