Forums

Topic: Which game are you getting with MK8?

Posts 141 to 160 of 171

Dpishere

I decided to get Pikmin 3 because of the great times I had playing Pikmin 2 with my brother. Looking forward to more good times!

Super Mario Maker 2 Levels:

A Frolic through the Forest
M5T-48G-5XF

The Trials of the Haunted House
4VR-6KC-Q1G

Platforming Peril
LCS-S3G-XQG

3DS Friend Code: 2251-6206-1680 | Nintendo Network ID: Dpishere

Zalbet

Hello nice people! I'm selling a download code for one of the 4 games in the MK8 promotion( for NA). If you are interested, please contact me. The asking price is 40 dollars.

I'm not good at this signature stuff...

DefHalan

Zalbet wrote:

Hello nice people! I'm selling a download code for one of the 4 games in the MK8 promotion( for NA). If you are interested, please contact me. The asking price is 40 dollars.

I would be interested on $20, which I did with another NL user, but with $40 I could get Zelda myself

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DaanMuffin

I want to trade 8 european club nintendo pin codes for one of the offered games if anyone has all of them already. Let me know!
Or am I ripping people off now? what do you guys think?

Daan
Fc: 3711-7478-3087

3DS Friend Code: 3711-7478-3087 | Nintendo Network ID: Daan

DaanMuffin

Also got WW HD, one of the reasons I bought a Wii U saturday

Daan

DaanMuffin

Well my local gamestore had this sweet deal, you could trade in your old wii + mario kart. And then you'd get the Mario kart bundle premium wiiU for 200 Euros

Daan

SuperPokefan95

I got Pikmin 3 because I really wanted to see if it was any good and so far I'm enjoying it.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

ajm222

I'm torn because my daughter wants Wii Party U but we don't have any Wii Remotes (I know, it's crazy, but we never had a Wii and we have only bought a Pro Controller since getting the Wii U). So we'd be limited in which games we could utilize I think, and I'd eventually have to get a Wii Remote - which I would get if I bought a physical copy of the game anyway. And then we'd still only have one Wii Remote. So I was considering Super Mario Bros U and getting Wii Party U separately another time. Already have Zelda and not sure she'd enjoy Pikmin 3. Any idea if Wii Party U is way too limited with just a Gamepad?

ajm222

jump

I had a choice between Mario & Sonic, Game & Wario, Monster Hunter and Wii Party U as I had the others already. The Mario & Sonic games have never impressed me, I didn't enjoy the Monster Hunter demo so I was left with a choice between Wario and Party, based on playing the Wii versions I went with Game & Wario but I doubt I will play it anytime soon.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

MikeLove

I already had all the games available in North America (didn't want Wii-U Party) so I sold my code online for $25, so basically I got MK8 for half price. Not bad.

MikeLove

maceng

WindWaker for me as I own the 3 other games.

maceng

maceng

@ajm222
Not yet. We have until the end of July. I haven't bought MK8 yet, as I'm waiting for a discount or maybe I'll buy from Bestbuy as they have a 20 dollars discount for another game when you buy MK8. So for about 85 bucks (60 + 45 - 20), I'd get Mario Kart8, Sonic Lost World and WWaker HD!!

maceng

ajm222

i also thought the game had to be purchased and the code redeemed on the 30th of may, but apparently that's not the case. there is some conflicting info out there. or perhaps that restriction was country-specific. regardless, i bought a physical copy of the game on the 30th and didn't register the game and get the code until 2 days ago. decided on super mario bros u (glad i did - lots of fun) and downloaded it yesterday. if you buy and register the game before the end of july as maceng said, you will get the download get sent to you via email, and that code actually doesn't expire until october.

ajm222

whodatninja

Club Nintendo code will have to be used between May 30th and July 31st. Then you will get a new game-specific code that has to be used before Augsust 31st! At least that's how it is in Scandinavia..

Will probably get NSMBU. It's small in size and I know what i'm getting. (I was planning to buy W101 and Pikmin on disc anyway.)

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

maceng

@jm222:
If you are buying Wii U party anytime soon, I suggest that uou at least get 3-4 wiimotes, as playing one by oneself is quite boring, and even for two seems like a waste proposal. So, think whether your daughter will invite some friends over or not and take the plunge.

maceng

dumedum

Got the code for Zelda: WW. Perhaps will wait for it so I can get the coins for the next Nintendo year.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

blaisedinsd

@ajm222

ajm222 wrote:

I'm torn because my daughter wants Wii Party U but we don't have any Wii Remotes (I know, it's crazy, but we never had a Wii and we have only bought a Pro Controller since getting the Wii U). So we'd be limited in which games we could utilize I think, and I'd eventually have to get a Wii Remote - which I would get if I bought a physical copy of the game anyway. And then we'd still only have one Wii Remote. So I was considering Super Mario Bros U and getting Wii Party U separately another time. Already have Zelda and not sure she'd enjoy Pikmin 3. Any idea if Wii Party U is way too limited with just a Gamepad?

My kids really like Wii Party U. It does have some fun games that are entirely gamepad based but the party games you will need wiimotes.

You can get a Wiimote and Nunchuck from Nintendo online for $20

" https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/category.jsp;jsessionid... "( why is it so difficult to post links? You can copy and paste this one)

Local Multi-player is one of the Wii U's strengths so I think it would be good to get some controllers anyway.

I am going to get Wii Party U even though I already have it and all the other 3 games offered in NA. I think Wii Party U makes the most sense as a digital game because then my kids can play it whenever (changing discs is against the rules for them) and the gamepad only games are perfect for that pick up and play bitesize gaming itch that you might pass on if you have to go change discs.

But for you maybe NSMBU is the better choice...fun multiplayer with the kids once you get controllers and you Wii Party U is a good deal when you grab it with the controller and the gamepad stand. A word of warning though, to play 2 players on NSMBU you need two controllers...the gamepad can only be used for boost mode (touch screen assistance) in multi-player. I can't recall if they ever patched in pro controller support for this game but at launch it was wiimotes only I believe. EDIT: I just googled it and they did add pro controller support.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

ajm222

Perfect. I have a Pro Controller and Gamepad. Will probably eventually get Wii Party U no matter what. Is a Wiimote Plus a necessity with the Wii U multi-player games, or are standard Wiimotes fine?

ajm222

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.