Forums

Topic: Which game are you getting with MK8?

Posts 101 to 120 of 171

blaisedinsd

In North America and I have all 4 of the free games already.

I am going to get Wii Party U, my kids love that game and some of the gamepad tabletop games I think are pretty fun too. This is the type of game it would be nice to have digitally and not have to put a disc in everytime. Wii Fit U is amazingly more convenient to have digitally (and to not need the TV to boot) and I have lost about 35 pounds in the last couple of months using it.

I also think Wii Party U might be the only one of the games that will fit on the Wii U unless I put a hard drive with it.

SW-7087-5868-6390

blaisedinsd

Edwin wrote:

A couple people have mentioned selling their download code on eBay or elsewhere. I'm just wondering if it's possible for Nintendo to restrict the download code for the free game to the same Wii U console that Mario Kart 8 was registered on.

For example, if I buy Mario Kart 8 from the eShop digitally, it will automatically be linked to my Club Nintendo account. Then let's say I receive a download code for Pikmin 3. Would I be able to sell that code to someone else or would it be locked to my own Wii U console?

Sure it's possible but they don't do that and there is not reason that they would. If you buy a system with a digital copy you can sell the code and if you get a free game from Nintendo they always give you a code and it's never been restricted.

SW-7087-5868-6390

MegaScizor

can someone give me a suggestion on what game to get? i have mario bros already, so that leaves with the choices: pikmin3, WWHD, or Wii Party. Although, im leaning towards either WWHD or Wii Party because pikmin isnt my type of game. So what game would you guys choose, wwhd or wii party u?

Edit: oh and why would you pick one over the other? an explanation is much appreciated, thanks!

Edited on by MegaScizor

MegaScizor

Edwicket

MegaScizor wrote:

can someone give me a suggestion on what game to get? i have mario bros already, so that leaves with the choices: pikmin3, WWHD, or Wii Party. Although, im leaning towards either WWHD or Wii Party because pikmin isnt my type of game. So what game would you guys choose, wwhd or wii party u?

Edit: oh and why would you pick one over the other? an explanation is much appreciated, thanks!

Without any other information I'd strongly recommend WWHD since I think it's a much higher quality game. However, if you will be playing a lot with friends and prefer to play with friends than playing alone then I'd consider Wii Party U. Check out some gameplay videos and reviews of both on Youtube to help you decide.

Edwicket

Smitherenez

I have all the games, except for W101, Wii Party U and Sonic. I will go for the W101 though, that game deserves an attempt. I am pretty sure it isn't my thing, but I can't go wrong with trying it for free. Maybe it is really as Wonderful as many claim it is.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

Sleepingmudkip

sadly Wii Party U cause I live in america and i have all the other games -.-"

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

NapalmOmega

New Super Mario Bros Wii U
And was eventually going to get the game anyway so Win/Win.

NapalmOmega

skywake

technotaylor wrote:

Let's see...
New Super Mar--- never mind, i already have it...
Ah! Pikmi--- never mind, i already have it...
Oh! The Legend--- wait, i don't even like Zelda games (dodges gunfire)
Uhhh... I guess Wii Party U

Given it's free it would be stupid not to dip your toes into the deep Hylian waters.......

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JoyBoy

skywake wrote:

technotaylor wrote:

Let's see...
New Super Mar--- never mind, i already have it...
Ah! Pikmi--- never mind, i already have it...
Oh! The Legend--- wait, i don't even like Zelda games (dodges gunfire)
Uhhh... I guess Wii Party U

Given it's free it would be stupid not to dip your toes into the deep Hylian waters.......

I think it's because of the cuccos... He seems to be fond of chickens, and they get treated poorly in Zelda games. But that's why he SHOULD buy WW, you can take all your frustration and anger on pigs instead!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Inkling

I might get Wind Waker and then spend my stars on the 3D World soundtrack.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Rumorlife

Wii Party U, but honestly I'm rather interested since I skipped the previous one on the Wii, and Mario Party is a disaster. Aside from the fact I've got the other 3 games. But it's free so I'm not complaining. I'm double glad in fact because while the wiimote+WPU disk bundle is nice, I do not need another freakin wii remote

Rumorlife

CanisWolfred

Possibly Wii Party U. My brother likes these type of games when we were younger, and he likes Mario Kart. I'll have to ask him if he's interested.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

madman1983

outburst wrote:

@madman1983
did you miss this article? Yes you can get the free game.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/mario_kart_8_free_wi...

This is the site for Norway
http://www.nintendo.no/arkivet/2014/201405-1

actually saw that just yesterday, was realy suprised, since we never get any things like that over here, but good news ^^, will probaly be getting Wind Waker HD, just so i can keep my collectors edition sealed will be getting the physical copy of the other games anyway

Got 45 NES, 22 SNES, 53 N64, 195 GC, 50 Wii and 12 Wii U PAL games

LordJumpMad

Metroid Other U

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Beta

I'll probably get Sonic Lost World

Beta

Nintendo Network ID: beta4attack

whodatninja

Probably Pikmin, or Wonderful 101

Monster Hunter 3 perhaps, but since there's a fourth one coming it may be redundant.

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.